Thoughts on Donald Trump's victory

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Thoughts on Donald Trump's victory

Unread post by TomTom » November 9th, 2016, 7:48 pm

So I watched the election And I admit: I was pissed to see Trump win.
but what I kept noticing at times they would go back to Florida, and showed a Hispanic family( Cuban I believe) that was watching in fear of what would happen if he won. One of the reporters even said the family stopped and prayed because they were in fear that that his victory could mean a clamp down on Hispanics who are not registered in the US.
They even showed a small watch party in Nevada at some Hispanic office were a few said they had family members who had been deported, all because of a basic traffic stop which went from one thing to another.
I talked with a lot of Hispanics at work and they felt real down. Some of them showed it in their attitudes at work.
So open opinions.Was this the best way to " Make America Great Again" or what? Again all of my family and partners voted for Clinton.What are you all's opinions?
Don't forget, he openly bragged about building a wall and making Mexico pay for it, yet still got a higher percentage of Hispanic votes than Romney got..

TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Thoughts on Donald Trump's victory

Unread post by TomTom » November 9th, 2016, 8:02 pm

I got one more opinion in this.A black Democrat spoke very emotionally after Trump won.He stated, he felt like this was a " White Lash" against Obama, and because Obama supported Clinton, a large percent of white votes Obama got, Clinton didn't get.. Obama even got a larger Hispanic vote than Clinton.
Clinton actually got a Higher Hispanic vote than Trump.The problem is, in Florida Rubio lobbied Hispanics into giving Trump a much higher Hispanic vote than he should have.
Again, many blacks and Hispanics that I work with were very troubled by this. A couple of my dogs even got into a heated argument when one of them revealed he voted for Trump..

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Thoughts on Donald Trump's victory

Unread post by alexalonso » January 9th, 2017, 1:52 pm

If you were pissed to see Donald Trump win, you are basically saying that you preferred to have Hillary Clinton, which has a list of negatives just as longs as Trump's list. Trump won because he beat Hillary in 4 key states, but the 2 that mattered most were Florida (29) and Pennsylvania (20). She was 38 electoral votes shy from becoming President and that really just comes down to doing better in those two states that she lost narrowly.