Khakis and singlet west coast style a white thing

From tagging to piecing to gang graffiti to clothing styles to the art of tattoos.
Trace

Khakis and singlet west coast style a white thing

Unread post by Trace » November 20th, 2007, 2:13 am

The west coast shaved head,singlet, Kakie style was brought to the streets by white people in the 60eez when they came out of jail and continued to run with their click.who is going to dispute that?

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » November 20th, 2007, 2:18 am

Shit fool... I can't prove your wrong there but I don't think the whites created it...
But it sounds pretty legit so it could be true... Good point though. Some one from
around that time era Probably knows whats up I'm to young to know that. 55+
is probably the ideal age.

Any one else?

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » November 23rd, 2007, 2:06 am

Both Whites and hispanic dressed that way, but the style did come from prison.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » December 8th, 2007, 12:03 am

Are you sure about shaved heads, though? Wasn't the 60's gang style more combed back hair or maybe long hair?

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » December 8th, 2007, 1:14 am

Silencioso wrote:Are you sure about shaved heads, though? Wasn't the 60's gang style more combed back hair or maybe long hair?

.... its like teaching pigs to sing......

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » December 8th, 2007, 1:57 am

Everybody wore khakies. White boys usually had greased back hair and they wore jeans because alot of them could afford them.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » December 8th, 2007, 3:49 pm

Justice League, What's your problem, brother? I'm just asking a basic question. The current trend for shaved heads with Chicanos started around '92. Before that it was combed back hair and sometimes long hair for as far back as I can remember. White gangs like Suicidal and FFF had close cropped hair via hardcore punk in the 80's. But the 60's? Show me a photo a white or Mexican gangmember from that era with a shaved head.

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » December 9th, 2007, 12:09 am

Silencioso wrote:Justice League, What's your problem, brother? I'm just asking a basic question. The current trend for shaved heads with Chicanos started around '92. Before that it was combed back hair and sometimes long hair for as far back as I can remember. White gangs like Suicidal and FFF had close cropped hair via hardcore punk in the 80's. But the 60's? Show me a photo a white or Mexican gangmember from that era with a shaved head.

no... i am not disagreeing with you.. you got me all wrong.. but everyone on here has a big issue with everyhting .. so take it for however you mean it to be...

yes ducktails and pompadours and greasebacks were the thing of the 60s... shaved and buzzed is a thing of the 80s//./

trying to get these youngsters to get with the history line is like teaching pigs to sing.....

its a waste of time and it annoys the pig.

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » December 9th, 2007, 12:11 am

....and shall we all bow and pledge our gratitude to the DEATH of the MULLET?

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » December 9th, 2007, 12:25 pm

Sorry, Dude. I misread you.

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » December 10th, 2007, 5:29 pm

Silencioso wrote:Sorry, Dude. I misread you.
no offense taken... i am used to it.

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » December 12th, 2007, 1:49 am

The shaved head started back in prison..im not sure about the years but one of the homies read a book about some old warriors that shaved their head before battle..so the homies started shaving their heads and it came to the streets

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » December 13th, 2007, 7:42 pm

There have been always been some who chose to shave your head and throughout history certain cultures preferred it (one example would be the Boyars of Romania); however, I think when did white youth start shaving their heads in some numbers as a statement would be a better question for this thread. The Great Depression years in the USA aside, I would say the early skinheads of Britain in the 1960's and then the 80's skinheads in the states are good early examples respectively for each country. However, you have had little subcultures pop up all the way to the 20's. A US fifties example would be the Fordham Baldies in the Bronx.