What Hood?

From tagging to piecing to gang graffiti. Also Discuss tattoo topics here.

What Hood?

Postby T~ » May 6th, 2004, 2:14 pm

dose anyone know what gang's hood this was don in. it says on the site i got the photo, that it was done in a very dangerous area but dose not say where.???
[img]http://www.graffiti.org/wam/sabersticker.jpg[/img]
T~
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 623
Joined: February 6th, 2004, 2:55 pm

Re: What Hood?

Postby RuthlessCray » May 6th, 2004, 2:18 pm

i dont know what gang is in that hood but...thats that famous saber piece...did anyone see what happened to this peice? didnt someone go mess it up and write all over it?
RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: What Hood?

Postby T~ » May 6th, 2004, 2:21 pm

yes it was all tagged over by som gangs graffiti...im tryin to find the pic now, maybe somone might know the tag.
T~
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 623
Joined: February 6th, 2004, 2:55 pm

Re: What Hood?

Postby odeed » May 6th, 2004, 10:44 pm

yeah this is saber from a.w.r. (its not a gang,its and art crew.)it took saber 6 months (all at night) to finish this piece.then a guy from new york came and f*&ked it all up.
not a banger,just a dj.....
odeed
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: May 6th, 2004, 10:28 pm

Re: What Hood?

Postby T~ » May 7th, 2004, 1:09 pm

odeed wrote:yeah this is saber from a.w.r. (its not a gang,its and art crew.)it took saber 6 months (all at night) to finish this piece.then a guy from new york came and f*&ked it all up.
why the fu*k did he mess it up???
T~
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 623
Joined: February 6th, 2004, 2:55 pm

Re: What Hood?

Postby Little Blue Devil » May 7th, 2004, 1:34 pm

Can Taggers Crews be violent ?
(excuse me for my english, because i'm french)
C-Rider
I'm French
Little Blue Devil
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 16
Joined: April 14th, 2004, 11:22 am
Location: Carson it's my future block

Re: What Hood?

Postby T~ » May 7th, 2004, 1:37 pm

Little Blue Devil wrote:Can Taggers Crews be violent ?
(excuse me for my english, because i'm french)
Som times yes, but not most of the time.
T~
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 623
Joined: February 6th, 2004, 2:55 pm

Re: What Hood?

Postby RuthlessCray » May 7th, 2004, 1:37 pm

Little Blue Devil wrote:Can Taggers Crews be violent ?
(excuse me for my english, because i'm french)


yes of course they can...we usaully dont take things as far a gangs do an kill each other becasue we usually just fight..but sometimes they do kill and become what they call" tag bangers" and usaully after a while they turn gang..
RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: What Hood?

Postby T~ » May 7th, 2004, 1:48 pm

here's som about that saber piece:

Saber did this amazing piece on the LA River. It took him a year and a half to complete. It was done with rollers, and you can see it from the air. It is one of the two largest illegal roller pieces ever done (that we know of) and quite likely the graffiti masterpiece painted over the longest time period. (The other contender for biggest illegal roller painting was done in the 1980s by artists Tia & Brendt on the now destroyed West Side highway in New York city. Theirs was 850 ft long by 80ft wide, painted at night over a period of six weeks. But they are not graffiti writers.)

Saber worked on it so long that one of his knees was injured from standing on the slanted surface of the LA riverbed. The photo was taken at great risk to the photographer as well, because this is such a dangerous area to be in. So if you go for your flix, definitely take the helicopter.
T~
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 623
Joined: February 6th, 2004, 2:55 pm

Re: What Hood?

Postby Little Blue Devil » May 7th, 2004, 2:09 pm

THANKS YOU
C-Rider
I'm French
Little Blue Devil
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 16
Joined: April 14th, 2004, 11:22 am
Location: Carson it's my future block

Re: What Hood?

Postby GIBBY » May 11th, 2004, 9:50 am

ToM wrote:here's som about that saber piece:

Saber did this amazing piece on the LA River. It took him a year and a half to complete. It was done with rollers, and you can see it from the air. It is one of the two largest illegal roller pieces ever done (that we know of) and quite likely the graffiti masterpiece painted over the longest time period. (The other contender for biggest illegal roller painting was done in the 1980s by artists Tia & Brendt on the now destroyed West Side highway in New York city. Theirs was 850 ft long by 80ft wide, painted at night over a period of six weeks. But they are not graffiti writers.)

Saber worked on it so long that one of his knees was injured from standing on the slanted surface of the LA riverbed. The photo was taken at great risk to the photographer as well, because this is such a dangerous area to be in. So if you go for your flix, definitely take the helicopter.


LOL Dangerous Area LOL
User avatar
GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 705
Joined: August 6th, 2003, 11:11 am

Re: What Hood?

Postby YOUNG1_ASEK » June 25th, 2004, 9:33 am

WELL IONO WHOS HOOOD IT WAS ALL I KNO IT WAS IN LA. AND ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT FOR YOUNG WRITTERS LIKE ME ALL I DO IS LOOK AT SABERS S*** AND GIVE MAD RESPECT. KEEP GRAFFITI ALIVE. PZ

OH AND CAN TAGGERS BE VIOLENT. DEPNDS WHERE THAY FROM WHAT CITY. LIKE IM FROM BP SO WE GOT GANGS DOWN THERE N A LOT OF BS N FOOS ALWAYS TRYIN TO KNOK U SO MOST KREWS IN HOODS AINT TRYIN TO BE BAD ASS TAGGERS JUST HAVE KREW N REP IT . BUT IN OTHER CITYS LIKE COVINA I SEE FOOS TAKIN TIME TO PIECE N ISH U FEEL ME LIKE THERE ISH IS NICER. MAYBE CUZ THAY DONT GOTTA WORRY BOUT GETTIN BLASTED FOR WRITTIN IN SOMEBODYS TERRITORY. N the FOOS I KICK IT with ARE VIOLENT AS F**K SO TO ANSWER UR QUESTION. DEPENDS..
YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 259
Joined: June 16th, 2004, 1:30 pm
Location: S.G.V

Re: What Hood?

Postby Tur Hogg » June 29th, 2004, 12:05 am

I can find out what hood that is in..


it was dissed by two NY writers JA and Foe..

but the saber piece is fixed now.
Tur Hogg
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 22
Joined: June 16th, 2004, 2:26 am

Re: What Hood?

Postby T~ » June 29th, 2004, 11:23 am

Tur Hogg wrote:it was dissed by two NY writers JA and Foe
why did they diss him?
T~
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 623
Joined: February 6th, 2004, 2:55 pm

Re: What Hood?

Postby KRDreJ » June 29th, 2004, 2:54 pm

Thats not a hood thats a tagging crew in LA and Saber the guy in the middle of the pic is dead.

He died catching a spot and fell of a building.
DreJ
KRDreJ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 474
Joined: March 10th, 2004, 7:56 pm
Location: LA

Re: What Hood?

Postby RuthlessCray » June 29th, 2004, 2:56 pm

KRDreJ wrote:Thats not a hood thats a tagging crew in LA and Saber the guy in the middle of the pic is dead.

He died catching a spot and fell of a building.


NOBODY SAID ITS A GANG. HE WAS ASKING WHAT HOOD THE PIECE WAS DONE IN.
RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: What Hood?

Postby Chapin » June 29th, 2004, 8:37 pm

That piece is tyte! Looks like North east some where maybe around Glendale??
Chapin
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
 
Posts: 49
Joined: February 22nd, 2004, 7:44 pm

Re: What Hood?

Postby Anonymous20 » July 3rd, 2004, 8:56 am

Yo my buddie and I were somewhere out in Long Island and we saw some sick graff all over the place. Ill have to ask him for the pics sometime and maybe ill post em up. But yo nothin as kickass as that Saber piece thats fuckn ill homie
Anonymous20
 

Re: What Hood?

Postby T~ » July 3rd, 2004, 8:58 am

RuthlessBone909 wrote:
KRDreJ wrote:Thats not a hood thats a tagging crew in LA and Saber the guy in the middle of the pic is dead.

He died catching a spot and fell of a building.


NOBODY SAID ITS A GANG. HE WAS ASKING WHAT HOOD THE PIECE WAS DONE IN.
EXACTLY..... SO DOSE ANYONE KNOW WHAT HOOD/ THE LOCATION?
T~
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 623
Joined: February 6th, 2004, 2:55 pm

Re: What Hood?

Postby kaotik_hcp » July 9th, 2004, 1:07 pm

RIP SABER
kaotik_hcp
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 252
Joined: May 20th, 2004, 2:35 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: What Hood?

Postby Joe » August 4th, 2004, 2:01 am

Its TOONERVILLES hood and SABER is not dead he is alive and well.
Joe
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: August 4th, 2004, 12:48 am
Location: valley

Re: What Hood?

Postby YOUNG1_ASEK » August 6th, 2004, 11:05 am

who said saber was dead?!
the REAL STREET HUSTLER AINT TRYIN TO GET IN the STREETS HE TRYIN TO GET OUTTA THEM. YA FEEL ME?
YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 259
Joined: June 16th, 2004, 1:30 pm
Location: S.G.V

Re: What Hood?

Postby Joe » August 6th, 2004, 4:22 pm

KRDreJ wrote:Thats not a hood thats a tagging crew in LA and Saber the guy in the middle of the pic is dead.

He died catching a spot and fell of a building.
Joe
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: August 4th, 2004, 12:48 am
Location: valley

Re: What Hood?

Postby YOUNG1_ASEK » August 8th, 2004, 2:32 pm

he's not dead
the REAL STREET HUSTLER AINT TRYIN TO GET IN the STREETS HE TRYIN TO GET OUTTA THEM. YA FEEL ME?
YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 259
Joined: June 16th, 2004, 1:30 pm
Location: S.G.V

Re: What Hood?

Postby youngroller » September 16th, 2004, 11:05 pm

wat was dude thinkin wen they dis sumtin like that gotta have respekt for sumtin that looks like that n for sumbody ta put that much effort n time inta it
User avatar
youngroller
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
 
Posts: 99
Joined: July 14th, 2004, 11:28 am
Location: philly

Re: What Hood?

Postby SAVAGE » January 9th, 2005, 12:31 pm

Poor a little liqour
SAVAGE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 162
Joined: January 8th, 2005, 5:52 pm
Location: Compton

Re: What Hood?

Postby odawg » November 23rd, 2008, 11:05 pm

THAT IS NOBODYS HOOD ITS IN THE L.A RIVER... IF YOU TAKE THE 10 FREEWAY TO WHERE IT MEETS THE 5 AND LOOK OVER TO YOUR LEFT SIDE AS YOU SEE THE RIVER.. U CAN SEE IT JUST LOOK DOWN... I DIDNT KNOW SABER DIED THO/
odawg
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: November 12th, 2008, 2:11 pm
What city do you live in now?: LOS ANGELES

Re: What Hood?

Postby powLGrove » November 24th, 2008, 11:49 am

Saber isn't dead!
User avatar
powLGrove
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: November 24th, 2008, 11:29 am
Location: Germany
What city do you live in now?: Near Berlin


Return to Graffiti & Tattoos



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest