L.A. gang graffiti in the background of old 70s/80s TVshows

From tagging to piecing to gang graffiti to clothing styles to the art of tattoos.
ghosty
What city do you live in now?: Humboldt via N.E.L.A.

L.A. gang graffiti in the background of old 70s/80s TVshows

Unread post by ghosty » August 7th, 2016, 5:40 pm

This forums pretty stagnant but any of you oldschools notice graffiti in the background of old L.A. shows? Ive loved banger graffiti since i was 10 and Im almost 50 ...I still look for it ...old and new, and respect it when it is tight as fk. Its art. Most people seem to suck at it, it takes skill that comes from practice. Haha anyway earier today i saw a moment of starsky and hutch and I saw a V13. There was other badass stuff by a laundry mat that they didnt quite focus in on. Ive see XV3 in some rockford files. Now they have those retro tv stations and Im noticing some (what I think) is cool L.A. history in the background ....

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: L.A. gang graffiti in the background of old 70s/80s TVshows

Unread post by alexalonso » August 8th, 2016, 4:23 am

ghosty wrote:This forums pretty stagnant but any of you oldschools notice graffiti in the background of old L.A. shows? Ive loved banger graffiti since i was 10 and Im almost 50 ...I still look for it ...old and new, and respect it when it is tight as fk. Its art. Most people seem to suck at it, it takes skill that comes from practice. Haha anyway earier today i saw a moment of starsky and hutch and I saw a V13. There was other badass stuff by a laundry mat that they didnt quite focus in on. Ive see XV3 in some rockford files. Now they have those retro tv stations and Im noticing some (what I think) is cool L.A. history in the background ....

If you watch old Hunter episodes, I saw lots of old graffiti from the 1980s.