Execution Schedule

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Execution Schedule

Unread post by Common Sense » January 18th, 2005, 10:42 am

A handful of people have a date with the State Executioner this year. Fourteen total...eight of those in Texas. Many of people are there because of poor choices. Like robbery that went into murder. This is a new year..... 2005 to be exact. DON'T GET CAUGHT UP... this year by making a poor choice (that also stand for you strikers out there).

Upcoming Executions
http://www.prodeathpenalty.org/upcoming2.htm

Recent Executions year to date
http://www.prodeathpenalty.org/eytd5.htm
Last edited by Common Sense on March 29th, 2005, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: Execution Schedule

Unread post by Common Sense » January 21st, 2005, 2:22 pm

Texas, Georgia and Conneticut is about to put in work next week.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » February 12th, 2005, 7:46 am

I'ts amazed that Texas execute fools every month. I hope they are TRULY GUILTY and not letting innocent people fall through the cracks.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » March 19th, 2005, 7:14 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Death Penalty In California

Here's a look at the process and number of executions in the state, which has the largest Death Row in the nation with 640 inmates, including 15 women.

The executed

Name, year executed and time spent on Death Row:

Robert Alton Harris (1992; 13 years, 1 month)

Keith Daniel Williams (1996; 17 years)

Robert Lee Massie (2001; 21 years, 10 months)

Darrell Keith Rich (2000; 19 years, 1 month)

Stephen Wayne Anderson (2002; 20 years, 6 months)

Donald Beardslee (2005; 20 years, 10 months)

William George Bonin (1996; 13 years, 1 month)

Manuel Babbitt (1999; 16 years, 10 months)

Jaturun Siripongs (1999; 15 years, 9 months)

David Edwin Mason (1993; 9 years, 7 months)

Thomas M. Thompson (1998; 14 years, 1 month).

Anesis
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Anesis » March 24th, 2005, 5:48 pm

I used to live right next the Walls Unit. That's where they execute the inmates in Texas. I was around for Karla Faye Tucker's execution and Gary Graham's execution (I left town for that one).

Karla Faye's execution was more like a frat party than anything else. People were getting drunk, sitting outside with the hopes of getting a tv interview, and screaming, "Kill the bitch" at her appointed execution time. I stayed home for that one.

Gary Graham, that was another matter. Blank Panthers, Aryan Nation, KKK, and other extremist groups went up to Huntsville to "protest." Stores shut down early, classes were canceled, and I think we all expected a race riot. I went out of town for that execution. I didn't have any desire to be alone in my apartment that Thursday evening.

I took a field trip of the death chamber as well. It was a sombering experience. It's one thing to hear about an execution on the tv, or even see a rally outside your apartment, but it's another thing entirely. We went through the exact steps that an inmate would walk before the execution. I remember the smell - it was a hospital smell, sanitary. It had that 70's green cafeteria decor. Perhaps it was morbid of me, but I touched the chair. You could see everything from that chair. It still gives me the shivers.

I'd like to think that all of those who died were guilty as well, but I know that not all of them were. The Houston crime lab is recovering from a huge scandal in which flawed labwork, faulty paperwork, and wrong data were found.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 24th, 2005, 6:23 pm

Common Sense wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Death Penalty In California

Here's a look at the process and number of executions in the state, which has the largest Death Row in the nation with 640 inmates, including 15 women.

The executed

Name, year executed and time spent on Death Row:

Robert Alton Harris (1992; 13 years, 1 month)

Keith Daniel Williams (1996; 17 years)

Robert Lee Massie (2001; 21 years, 10 months)

Darrell Keith Rich (2000; 19 years, 1 month)

Stephen Wayne Anderson (2002; 20 years, 6 months)

Donald Beardslee (2005; 20 years, 10 months)

William George Bonin (1996; 13 years, 1 month)

Manuel Babbitt (1999; 16 years, 10 months)

Jaturun Siripongs (1999; 15 years, 9 months)

David Edwin Mason (1993; 9 years, 7 months)

Thomas M. Thompson (1998; 14 years, 1 month).
all of these people spend almost 10 years+ on death row. that's insane. if you take an innocent persons life willingly you should automaticlly be in jail for life. you killed once, your capable of doing it again, get them out. that's why in cases of killings, they look to past criminals. maybe some of those people would still be alive if we kept killers in jail. someone is sentenced to death and it takes 20 years to kill them? thats insane.

??Shady??
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ??Shady?? » March 26th, 2005, 3:25 pm

Common Sense wrote:I'ts amazed that Texas execute fools every month. I hope they are TRULY GUILTY and not letting innocent people fall through the cracks.
Very true... especially with all the known problems they had here in Houston with the unreliable info from the crime lab. There are plenty of people on death row who are saying they were wrongfully convicted due to faulty results from the crime lab. Imagine the cost of retrying all these cases.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » March 29th, 2005, 3:16 pm

se11 wrote:all of these people spend almost 10 years+ on death row. that's insane.
California wants an inmate to rot in hell before they execute them. Well that's what it seems like?

Anesis
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Anesis » March 30th, 2005, 5:41 pm

I thought they spent that long on death row because of appeals - which ends up being a big reason why death row is so expensive for taxpayers.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » March 30th, 2005, 6:01 pm

Anesis wrote:I thought they spent that long on death row because of appeals - which ends up being a big reason why death row is so expensive for taxpayers.
That is correct. California tends to be the state with the most lengthy appeals. Texas inmates average about 6-7 years on death row.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 6th, 2005, 9:46 pm

The south is no joke. They are lining fools up.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 10th, 2005, 5:42 pm

Robert Leach (Tennesse) has 2 day's to live unless the governor kicks him down one. He is probably trippin' out of mind about now.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 13th, 2006, 8:27 pm

Cali is up at bat again on Tuesday night. This time a blind 70 year old Indian in a wheel chair.