Antiwhite and Rastas...

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Hezy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Antiwhite and Rastas...

Unread post by Hezy » April 20th, 2005, 5:04 pm

i've heord that Rastas are anti-white and anti-brown but I've also heord that Rastas welcome any race into their religion, which is the real deal?

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Antiwhite and Rastas...

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 20th, 2005, 5:10 pm

I know hundreds of rastas and they all hate white people but fuck white bitches -

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » April 20th, 2005, 5:35 pm

Boi What have you heard. Im not against any Congregation, Nor any race.
Those are silly tricks for the children of babylon. How Then will I make it unto the Kingdom of Zion. That would make me a victim of this falling empire? All in All we are one, United by oneself. You boi, Have got the Wrong interpretation, Mixed with vain... Vain imagination. But I dont wanna School you, I dont wanna Tool ya on some things you might Neva know about. Ive never heard such non-sense in my life.
Last edited by BlaKK on April 20th, 2005, 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » April 20th, 2005, 5:36 pm

purplecityhello wrote:I know hundreds of rastas and they all hate white people but fu-- white women -
Those arent Rasta's, Not to the HigherMon.

Boris
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Boris » April 21st, 2005, 6:51 am

LMAO Who told you this?

How can you make such a generalisation?

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 21st, 2005, 9:26 am

rasta are individuals like you and I. but share common beliefs--- all the dreads i know hate bush and call him the devil---- and believe the true nature of white men is wickedness. and thats no second hand shit. listen to some capleton records ;)

Helms
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Helms » April 21st, 2005, 12:35 pm

purplecityhello wrote:rasta are individuals like you and I. but share common beliefs--- all the dreads i know hate bush and call him the devil---- and believe the true nature of white men is wickedness. and thats no second hand shit. listen to some capleton records ;)
Funny you should mention that. I've never met a republican Rasta. That's why Blakk confuses me so much. No offence intended Blakk, your opinions are yours and I respect that. Based on experience though, it's just not what I've come to expect from a man of Jah.

urban-souljah

Unread post by urban-souljah » April 28th, 2005, 11:00 am

much love blakk as allways you speak for the truth

this is what rasta means to ini

Rastafari is more than just a religion, more than just a philosophy. It is more than red, green and gold beads, and chillum pipes. and it is much more than, regaae music. Rastafari is a protest against Western propoganda and indoctrination, It is a search for truth, a rejection of materialism, of spite, of malice, of weakness. It embraces and promotes 'One Love' for the brotherhood of mankind. A Unity. an InIty.

tony
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by tony » May 1st, 2005, 11:16 am

Got lotz of rastas over here.

No 1 is discriminatin' white peops

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » May 1st, 2005, 11:51 am

some hate gay

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » May 1st, 2005, 8:44 pm

Damn if Rastafarians are down with seeking truth, fighting Western imperialism, standing up against materialism, down with warring with the racist elite, down with standing up against the powers that oppress

= I'm cool with Rastafarians!!!!!!

urban-souljah

Unread post by urban-souljah » May 2nd, 2005, 3:25 pm

GEORGE I'm cool with Rastafarians!!!!!!
much love bredren

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » May 3rd, 2005, 7:43 am

Much love.

king v8
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by king v8 » May 3rd, 2005, 3:48 pm

whats this fùckin bill$hit, nobody knows the rastaculture, or has ever been 2 jamaica.

If u where knowing what u where talking about than u should know that the real rastafarians in jamaica(who came from ethiopia) consider all the people childeren of mother earth.

go over there 2 know the real deal instead of posting this
retarded comments about them being rasist

tsss

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » May 3rd, 2005, 3:56 pm

Born and Raised In Ocho Rios, Fresh off the Boat. Whom do you speak of King? Dont not be so Quick to Jump on the false conclusion.

As for the Rasta Movement...The original Rastas drew their inspiration from the philosphies of Marcus Mosiah Garvey (anyone who listens to Bob Marley will know Who he is, and where he stood) He promoted the Universal Negro Improvement Association (UNIA) in the 1920s. The organization's main goal was to unite black people with their rightful homeland, Africa. Garvey believed that all black people in the western world should return to Africa since they were all descended from Africans. He preached that the European colonizers, having fragmented the African continent, unfairly spread the African population throughout the world. As a result, blacks were not able to organize themselves politically or express themselves socially. Their intellect had been stunted by continuous European oppression. Enslavement had provided blacks with a "slave mentality" so that they had come to accept white racist definitions of themselves as inferior. For Garvey, blacks in the Americas had not only been repressed physically, but their minds had been affected by years of white subordination. Slavery had degregaded them so badly that they actually considered themselves as little more than slaves. So dont be stupid 'King' You know Not the Culture. And no we do not Fight Western Impearlism, simply Go our own, move our Own, Pull our own, Get our Own, Fighting impearalism is NOT our agenda. Babylon Will fall regardless, that is in the hands of Jah Most High. Dont get the Culture Confused with your vain Imaginiation of the congregation. Know your history. King You know NOT. So Inite.

I&I Most High Blessings.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » May 3rd, 2005, 4:00 pm

king v8 wrote:whats this fùckin bill$hit, nobody knows the rastaculture, or has ever been 2 jamaica.

If u where knowing what u where talking about than u should know that the real rastafarians in jamaica(who came from ethiopia) consider all the people childeren of mother earth.

go over there 2 know the real deal instead of posting this
retarded comments about them being rasist

tsss

I seen some Jamaican Posse niggas machete a Burger to death back in the early 90s - shit was on the news. son called him a fossi spic..... not a comment just a reflection

king v8
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by king v8 » May 4th, 2005, 2:47 am

BlaKK wrote:Born and Raised In Ocho Rios, Fresh off the Boat. Whom do you speak of King? Dont not be so Quick to Jump on the false conclusion.

As for the Rasta Movement...The original Rastas drew their inspiration from the philosphies of Marcus Mosiah Garvey (anyone who listens to Bob Marley will know Who he is, and where he stood) He promoted the Universal Negro Improvement Association (UNIA) in the 1920s. The organization's main goal was to unite black people with their rightful homeland, Africa. Garvey believed that all black people in the western world should return to Africa since they were all descended from Africans. He preached that the European colonizers, having fragmented the African continent, unfairly spread the African population throughout the world. As a result, blacks were not able to organize themselves politically or express themselves socially. Their intellect had been stunted by continuous European oppression. Enslavement had provided blacks with a "slave mentality" so that they had come to accept white racist definitions of themselves as inferior. For Garvey, blacks in the Americas had not only been repressed physically, but their minds had been affected by years of white subordination. Slavery had degregaded them so badly that they actually considered themselves as little more than slaves. So dont be stupid 'King' You know Not the Culture. And no we do not Fight Western Impearlism, simply Go our own, move our Own, Pull our own, Get our Own, Fighting impearalism is NOT our agenda. Babylon Will fall regardless, that is in the hands of Jah Most High. Dont get the Culture Confused with your vain Imaginiation of the congregation. Know your history. King You know NOT. So Inite.

I&I Most High Blessings.
born & raised in ocho rios, thats cool, i've been there 2
I know they don't fight western imperialism
I've learned 2 know some jamaicans and rastas very well over
there(in negril).I've talked 2 them alot. It sounds like they are different from you, i see u know yr culture very well,the last thing i would ever
say about them is that they are rasists,
these people I got 2 know are the most respectfull
people i've ever met...
that's why I respect them so much

PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PREACH » June 19th, 2005, 3:02 am

are rastas cool with other races wanting to be rasta?

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 19th, 2005, 3:01 pm

I've seen alot of White/non black Rastas that are friends with black rastas.. Im not a rasta or anything but i think its more about lifestyle than skincolor.
Last edited by Anonymous20 on June 20th, 2005, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PREACH » June 19th, 2005, 4:19 pm

^^^^^^^any real rast's wanna respond to this? not friends of friends that are rasta

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » June 20th, 2005, 4:57 am

There ain't many religeous rastas around these days - dreads became fashion - anyone can grow locks. And rastas arnt white hating if they are fe real, maybe an unevolved few are but that still ol' fashioned BS.

Heard about Shashemane in Ethiopia, where rastas has been living for few deccades? Its horrible apparently 'n crime ridden, aint no heaven on earth and always being busted by the Ethiopian G'ment 'cos ganja is illegal still.

Go to Jamaica and find some ol' school rastas in the Blue Mountains and hide in a chalice fire - maybe - but these days the majority are just locks for locks sake. And the wolf can dress as the lamb. Dreadlocks are just hair and dont signify rasta. rasta is inside. But hey, God was never a little Ethiopian fella with a too big hat, thats just silly.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » June 20th, 2005, 11:55 am

"A Little Ethopian With a Big Hat???" Honor H.I.M
[img]http://www.unn13.com/images/haile3.gif[/img]
Wheather You Are for H.I.M or against H.I.M, But His legend will always remain...

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » June 20th, 2005, 6:23 pm

^^^ I heard he denied being rasta

PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PREACH » June 20th, 2005, 10:13 pm

yeah i heard the same thing.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » August 15th, 2005, 4:48 am

Selassie was never rasta! He was deemed to be the Most High, Power of the Holy Trinity etc by rastafarians in Jamaica - I love and respect the Creator, Natural Mystic blowing through the air, every aton, every molecule. But Selassie? Nah man, he was a man, just a man like you and me and he didn't look after his lions well - very mangy.

GOODFELLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GOODFELLA » September 19th, 2005, 5:22 pm

years back some militant jamaicans got pissed in philly, shot themselves and took out a bunch of cops... i dont remember all the details.... crazy stuff... is marijuana an important part of the rasta religion?

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

Unread post by BG MLOCO » September 21st, 2005, 8:49 am

SELLASSIE NEVER DEINIED BEING RASTA, HE SUPPOSEDLY DENIED BEING THE " CREATOR AND FOUNDER" HE IS MORE THAT RASTA AND HE SHOULD BE PRAISED AND REPSECTEC WITH THE UPTMOST RESPECT.