WEIGHT LIFTING!!!!

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

WEIGHT LIFTING!!!!

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 20th, 2005, 7:22 pm

Does anybody here lift weights? I just started 4 months ago. I take powder creatine and powder glutamine as well as amino acid pills. I go off and on the creatine every other month. I have noticed an increase in my strenth and size.

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: WEIGHT LIFTING!!!!

Unread post by WhiteBoy » April 20th, 2005, 7:28 pm

yeah, i do the bench press like 12 or 15 reps of 180, then i do this ab lounge thing i got off tv,, it doesn't work my abs but it has ripped up my back pretty good, then i do curls of 45, this other ab roller thing i got works my front, builds my abs up not really getting them ripped but ive gotten a barrel chest from it, then i do the lateral pull down with lik 60, i do that 30 times then switch and do my front like rowing, then i move all my weights around and work my legs 10 reps of 60 on each like 3 times,,, rinse and repeat,
i use to take creatine and other crap like that but i don't really need to any more,, i don't know what my max on the bench is though cause i only have 210 worth of plates and i do lik 6 reps of 210.,,, oh and i do hella sit ups. i also used slim fast,, but im a fat kid(at heart) so i eat tons of junk food and beer.

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 20th, 2005, 7:36 pm

When I started I couldn't bench 135!! Now I can do 185 for a couple. I'm skinny as f#ck! But I'm 6 foot 3. So I have a good frame. I weigh 200 to 210 pounds. Not too big. I eat water and staight tuna fish. Right out of the can.

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » April 20th, 2005, 7:43 pm

im short and stalky,,,
5'10'' 185lbs,, maybe i should go back on whey protine... i dunno i don't want to get slow,

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » April 20th, 2005, 7:50 pm

I lift. mostly into benching though.. Im 5'10 I weight 145 my max is 200 or 210lbs. i was thinking of taking creatine but im not sure.

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 20th, 2005, 7:50 pm

Whey tastes like shit. Thats why I eat Tuna

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » April 20th, 2005, 7:54 pm

hahahaha This shyt is funny.

Bench: 315lbs
Squat: 455lbs (Beyond Parralell)
Dead Lift: 550lbs
Power Clean: 305lbs ( Currently Hold the JC College Record)

And I got the Medals to back it all up. Im 6'1 200lbs Flat. Weight to Power ratio im one of the strongest College Football players in California.
I know it sounds as if im Bloviating, But I worked hard for it, and im not gonna Hide it or deny it, Im a buff muthafucha.

Anyway Funky hommie, Some advise, Id rid that Powder Creatine, its counter productive. It bloats you up. Right now you probly notice you muscles are real Thick, but mushy, Its all water weight. You also probly noticed that youve boosted on the scales... Whats really happining is the water is bieng Gastrated into the your muscles creating liquid mass, not muscle mass.

Heres What I use http://www.spectrumnutraceuticals.com/M ... ine_30.jpg

4 drops an hour before my work out
4 drops right after my work out
This builds your lean Muscle

Like me, when Iwalk into the gym and hit up 460 on squat, Half the gym stops and stares when they see a 200 lbs nigga squatin 8 plates. Thats how I like it decieve the people. and the Posistion i play (Line backer) I gotta stay quick on my toes, cant be too heavy. just some tips homedog.

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 20th, 2005, 7:55 pm

I was scared to take it at first but all it does is take the water in your body and puts it in your muscles so that you don't get tired after 2 or 3 exercises. I do everything for all my muscles. Not just bench. I should reach 210 bench in a few weeks. I want to be pumped for the summer!

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 20th, 2005, 8:00 pm

Thanks for the info Blakk I'll check it out. :wink:
You sound like a big muthaf#cka! I wouldn't mess with you if I saw you on the street!
My cousin lifts heavy also. Especially in the arm dept. He curls 135 pounds. And he squats with 3 45 pound plates on each side of the bar.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » April 20th, 2005, 8:00 pm

Tuna is very healthy as well. Very Lean. one can of Tuna has over 38 Grams of protien, More than any other Protien bar on the market.

The Drawback with Tuna is the taste, the smell, the inconveniance.
But I didnt give a fucc, I like tuna, I like the smell and give not a fucc what people think, Id eat that shyt right there in the gym, in front of EVERYBODY like 'nigga wus good'. You learn to aquire the taste of tuna, I did and I started to love it. I'd open a can, Use two fingers, scrap it all up and shove that shyt in my mouth, wash it down with a gallon of water or gatorade and get the muthafuchan Lift on. Thats how its done. Stud up, Man Up, Beef up.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » April 20th, 2005, 8:02 pm

Dr Funky wrote:Thanks for the info Blakk I'll check it out. :wink:
You sound like a big muthaf#cka! I wouldn't mess with you if I saw you on the street!
My cousin lifts heavy also. Especially in the arm dept. He curls 135 pounds. And he squats with 3 45 pound plates on each side of the bar.
Actually im not that big, Id say im 195lbs but my Dreads alone weigh about 4-5 pounds. so i round off to 6'1 200 lbs.

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 20th, 2005, 8:04 pm

That is EXACTLY what I do. Except I use a spoon. Tuna tastes good as f#ck! My uncle used to lift and he used to crack an egg open and chug it down. He is ***NEWS ALERT*** SOMEONE JUST GOT SHOT IN MY CITY ON PEIRCE AVE.

fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » April 20th, 2005, 8:04 pm

haha heavy dreads dude, but u do sound pretty big

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 20th, 2005, 8:26 pm

Sorry about leaving I had to check some stuff out. I hope it wasn't anyone I knew.

But anyways my uncle is 6 foot 5 and he weighs 200 pounds. He used to eat a whole egg after his workout! STRAIGHT FROM THE EGG!

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 20th, 2005, 8:42 pm

i am trying to cut down my body fat right now. how many calories are good to burn in a 40 min. cardio session? i use tredmils so, i can easily monitor them.

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 20th, 2005, 8:48 pm

I don't do cardio so I wouldn't know. I do free weights for muscle building.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » April 21st, 2005, 2:13 am

se11 wrote:i am trying to cut down my body fat right now. how many calories are good to burn in a 40 min. cardio session? i use tredmils so, i can easily monitor them.
rather than spendin' 40 minutes doin' straight cardio...do H.I.T. (High Intensity Trainin')...20 minutes per session should be fine. here's what i used to do...

a 1/2 minute warm up of brisk walkin' or light joggin'
30sec/1 minute of full-out sprintin' as fast as you can
1/2 minute of joggin'
30/1 minute of sprint

repeat for around 10-20 minutes...dependin' on how long you can go...right now i'm just startin' to get back into liftin' and workin' out after like half a year of break...so i just stay on the bike and do 3 miles, then treadmill for another mile or so...i like to do it before liftin' so it gets my heartbeat up and muscles loose

i'm 5'7/8" and weigh 168lbs...might sound like i'm fat, but i'm just bulky and stocky. if you saw me, you'd think i weighed like 140lbs or somethin' though.

my max bench is around 225lbs...prolly less now since i haven't worked out for a while. max curls are 120lbs. i never really did squats cuz i messed up my ankle in high skoo. i'm slowly startin' to work my legs out again...but they aren't weak. i took 7 years of TKD.

and Blakk, those are some nice stats...i'm hopin' for somethin' similar, but equal to my height and weight. my filipino homeboy was a monster though...he's 5'5" and around 140-150lbs...his max bench back in 2001 was 360lbs. he prolly went up from there, but he's huge...his legs are strong too, but they look small cuz his upper body is so big.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » April 21st, 2005, 6:54 am

6'1", 235 pounds

Bench I'm actually back down from before I do sets of 10 with 225 (was doing sets of 8 with a little more weight but I'm trying to get more definition)

Lat pull down I do sets of 8 with 185.

half cleans with 135 (pull bar from waist to shoulders)

I said f*ck squats I'm doing hack squats do 400 like that, a lot easier than real squats but it's better for your back

Military press with 65 pounds each hand try to do reps of 12

I took creatine and like Blakk said you'll put on weight pretty quick, but stop lifting hard and your assed out, no muscle mass will stick with you.

Tricep pull down do a few sets of 70 with the rope

Dead lifts are real good for your overall strength, shits make you sturdy as hell

My serious weak spot is my biceps

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 21st, 2005, 7:16 am

kiCKer wrote:
se11 wrote:i am trying to cut down my body fat right now. how many calories are good to burn in a 40 min. cardio session? i use tredmils so, i can easily monitor them.
rather than spendin' 40 minutes doin' straight cardio...do H.I.T. (High Intensity Trainin')...20 minutes per session should be fine. here's what i used to do...

1/2 minute of joggin'
30/1 minute of sprint

repeat for around 10-20 minutes...dependin' on how long you can go...right now i'm just startin' to get back into liftin' and workin' out after like half a year of break...so i just stay on the bike and do 3 miles, then treadmill for another mile or so...i like to do it before liftin' so it gets my heartbeat up and muscles loose

i'm 5'7/8" and weigh 168lbs...might sound like i'm fat, but i'm just bulky and stocky. if you saw me, you'd think i weighed like 140lbs or somethin' though.

my max bench is around 225lbs...prolly less now since i haven't worked out for a while. max curls are 120lbs. i never really did squats because i messed up my ankle in high skoo. i'm slowly startin' to work my legs out again...but they aren't weak. i took 7 years of TKD.

and Blakk, those are some nice stats...i'm hopin' for somethin' similar, but equal to my height and weight. my filipino homeboy was a monster though...he's 5'5" and around 140-150lbs...his max bench back in 2001 was 360lbs. he prolly went up from there, but he's huge...his legs are strong too, but they look small because his upper body is so big.
kicker, if you want the best weight lifting results for mass, you should do cardio after you work out. this way you will be fully energized for the lifting part, then for the cardio where you dont always need all your energy you will be good.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » April 21st, 2005, 7:20 am

We always did cardio AFTER weights in football. I don't know what's the real right way to do it though.

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 21st, 2005, 8:45 am

I do reverse grip on the bench press to work my triceps. My cousin can do 225 pounds on it.

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 21st, 2005, 8:45 am

I do reverse grip on the bench press to work my triceps. My cousin can do 225 pounds on it.

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 21st, 2005, 8:46 am

oops

Military Mind
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Military Mind » April 21st, 2005, 12:06 pm

BLAH BLAH BLAH WHO GIVES A FUCK HOW MUCH U PRESS AND SHIT!!

*NEWS FLASH*

CREATINE ARE FOR PUSSIES!!

Helms
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Helms » April 21st, 2005, 12:22 pm

I'm a skinny little bastard. I started lifting about 5 months ago and bulked my weight up a bit. Right now I'm just under 6' and I weigh about 175. I stopped with the weights about a month ago and now I'm just concentrating on martial arts. Boxing, kickboxing, grappling etc. Now I'm just ripped and lean. I don't really want any more size though, I'm at a good fighting weight now.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » April 21st, 2005, 10:18 pm

se11 wrote:
kiCKer wrote:

1/2 minute of joggin'
30/1 minute of sprint

my max bench is around 225lbs...prolly less now since i haven't worked out for a while. max curls are 120lbs. i never really did squats because i messed up my ankle in high skoo. i'm slowly startin' to work my legs out again...but they aren't weak. i took 7 years of TKD.

and Blakk, those are some nice stats...i'm hopin' for somethin' similar, but equal to my height and weight. my filipino homeboy was a monster though...he's 5'5" and around 140-150lbs...his max bench back in 2001 was 360lbs. he prolly went up from there, but he's huge...his legs are strong too, but they look small because his upper body is so big.
kicker, if you want the best weight lifting results for mass, you should do cardio after you work out. this way you will be fully energized for the lifting part, then for the cardio where you dont always need all your energy you will be good.
oh i kno that homie...i already have good enough mass. i'm concentratin' more on keepin' my heart rate up throughout to burn more calories rather than get more strength. still liftin' hard though...i used to do cardio after when i was tryin' to gain bulk...

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 21st, 2005, 11:45 pm

im tryin to cut down too. i do about 40-60 mins of cardio almost every day and lift about three or four. tryin to loose fat around stomach, ass, and thighs, but those are the hardest places to.

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » April 22nd, 2005, 3:08 pm

se11 wrote:im tryin to cut down too. i do about 40-60 mins of cardio almost every day and lift about three or four. tryin to loose fat around stomach, ass, and thighs, but those are the hardest places to.
damn love handles.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 29th, 2005, 6:06 pm

i realize alot of exercising is diet. my diet has been much better. 1 cheat day a week, the other 6, i eat good, low fat/carb food. i have one big meal and one smaller meal where i consume a larger amount of fat and carbs as well.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » April 29th, 2005, 7:36 pm

In regards to diet follow the 80/20 rule, eat good 80% of the time and indulge 20% of the time, seriously you cannot go wrong.
I personally prefer Bodyweight exercises for conditioning over weights as you get more body awareness and functional fitness, I do 200+ pushups everday along with isometrics and other bodyweight movements.

Helms
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Helms » April 30th, 2005, 8:53 am

I generally eat really healthy, but the amount of beer I drink kind of cancells that out. I'm trying to work on that.

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » April 30th, 2005, 6:27 pm

Helms wrote:I generally eat really healthy, but the amount of beer I drink kind of cancells that out. I'm trying to work on that.
i feel ya, i could probly live off the beer calories.