Dreadlocks

Discuss general gang topics that are not place specific or touch on multiple places.
Solja

Dreadlocks

Unread post by Solja » April 21st, 2005, 2:01 pm

1) what the best way to make them?
2) have you ever had them?
3) is it ok for a white person to have dreadlocks

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Dreadlocks

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 21st, 2005, 2:04 pm

Solja wrote:1) what the best way to make them?
2) have you ever had them?
3) is it ok for a white person to have dreadlocks
i had the X man cut back in the day

for those of you who know not what it looks like
dreds on top - fade on the side
ol skool NY

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » April 21st, 2005, 2:54 pm

Yea I got Dreads, Had em for 5 Years, Whatchu need to know?

Solja

Unread post by Solja » April 21st, 2005, 3:15 pm

BlaKK wrote:Yea I got Dreads, Had em for 5 Years, Whatchu need to know?
what method did you use to make them? and do you think its acceptable for white people to wear them?

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » April 21st, 2005, 3:24 pm

I went Natural, Let my frow grow out for about a year, and twisted them indevidually, Ill post some Pictures. Visit my Web site on Dreadlocks http://www.Knottylocks.tk Im under the name "Rasta" Look me up and we can talk, I can give you some helpful tips on how to dread, and what not to do.

Many people use Wax, But wax Destroys the dread in time, Besides Dreads symbol Naturality, Keep Chemicles of man out of each Dread...... Otherwise they'll choke you in your sleep. haha Really though, Check out that website.

As for whites having Dreadlocks Thats for you to discearn. Honostly if you were to come Where I stay (many Knottys) they wouldn't have a problem with a white Dread I have many hommies with Dreadlocks, Some are white not many but few.

For as long as you dont proclaim to be Rasta. But go to the Islands off the mainlands, you might encounter some Dissagreement. But Like I always say its man for man. Do as you please. Go your own ways.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » April 21st, 2005, 3:27 pm

And solja, no, You dont "Wear" Dreadlocks, they are part of you, each and every one of them is part of the body as a "whole" Respect and let hang. Dread up, hang low.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 21st, 2005, 7:59 pm

how do white people look like with them? i would imagine it exposes there farhead alot.

Helms
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Helms » April 23rd, 2005, 11:03 am

My closest friend has a long set of dreads. They're almost to his waist now. When his hair was maybe an inch or two long he just started twisting it between his fingers. At first he just had a head full of little spikes. Over the years they turned into a reightous set of locks.

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

Unread post by BG MLOCO » April 25th, 2005, 6:23 am

TO BLAKK IM VERY INTERESTED IN THE RASTAFARI CULTURE HOW CAN I GET SOME MORE INFO HOMIE.3X

Baby Rico962505

Unread post by Baby Rico962505 » April 27th, 2005, 5:27 am

icon_frown.gif I hate dreads if you like them let me know.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » April 27th, 2005, 12:19 pm

You a fool.

brio

Unread post by brio » April 28th, 2005, 12:12 pm

BlaKK wrote:as long as you dont proclaim to be Rasta.
Why can he not claim to be Rasta. respect I&I bredren. there is no word for racism in the teachings of H.I.M. Ras Makonen Tafari - Haile Selassie.
Ras'Tafari like any religion has it's roots within a certain race or culture, but there is no teachings of rejecting a race; as long as I&I are both trying to get out of babylon, then we are all in the same boat. The black Militant - Marcus Garvey lead the mission to lead all Black people back to Afrika, but it was the spokes person of the rastas - Bob Marley who said "If black people still call each other black. and white people still call each other white, there will still be racism; but if we all just look at each other as just PEOPLE, then there will be PEACE.."

LIVE RASTA - LEARN RASTA.. Ital life - Respect to I&I - Blessings..

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » April 28th, 2005, 12:29 pm

"The revelation that Haile Selassie is God and that Ethiopia is the home of the Black". (The Rastafarians, pp. 254-255).

brio

Unread post by brio » April 28th, 2005, 2:18 pm

Selassie speach on Human Rights.
Our efforts as free men must be to establish new relationships, devoid of any resentment and hostility, restored to our belief and faith in ourselves as individuals, dealing on a basis of equality with other equally free people.

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/Selassie ... ights.html

New Way of Life Speech: November 2, 1966

Above all, Ethiopia is dedicated to the principle of the equality of all men, irrespective of differences of race, colour or creed.

As we do not practice or permit discrimination within our nation, so we oppose it wherever it is found.

As we guarantee to each the right to worship as he chooses, so we denounce the policy which sets man against man on issues of religion.

As we extend the hand of universal brotherhood to all, without regard to race or colour, so we condemn any social or political order which distinguishes among God's children on this most specious of grounds.

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/Selassie/02111966.html

*Not trying to start an internet war with you; just trying to promote positive vibrations and equality. yes it's true, Rasta started as an Afrikan movement (Rastafari: Roots and Ideology - by: Barry Chevannes); but it is free for all to learn and praise as long as we are fighting the same fight - Burn down BABYLON..
I&I Repsect & Blessings!

urban-souljah

Unread post by urban-souljah » April 28th, 2005, 2:28 pm

InI am not here to start any confronatations with anyone here rasta or not. I am going to list a few reasons for my decision on believing what InI believe and why:

This here would be of the Twelve Tribes nature, and is involving the interview with Gad:

"Alright. The 12 Tribes of Israel have been accused of being elitists, catering to the middle class and whites. Is that a fair criticism?"

Gad: " No, that is not a fair criticism. Because we are not catering for only one set of people, out of one blood is all nation, so it is called, but we know that not everybody is going to see what we are doing."

"So this talk..because I know alot of people listening now are saying to themselves: But no, we always did think that only a certain type of people were members of the 12 Tribes, and isnt it interesting that a Rastafarian group cared when most Rastafarians were saying: "Down with the white downpressors" that the 12 Tribes actually embraces all races."

Gad: "That is correct. We read in the Bible that out of one Blood come all nations, so it would be wrong for us to say only one race, we wouldnt survive that way, God make all of us so that is where I stand."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now in the Testimony of Brother Karl Phillpotts Naphtali it say's:

Those who embrace this Hope, this Faith that the Twelve Tribe of Israel waited earnestly for day and night, have the Faith of Abraham and all the prophets of God. Those are therefore the seed of Abraham and therefore inheritors of the promises made to Abraham. This is the promise of a land-grant, not in the sky but right here on Earth where the meek shall inherit the land or the Earth. It is promised to the Faithful, IRRESPECTIVE OF RACE, NATIONALITY, OR GENDER. These are the Israel of God, the new Israel. To them it will be given the disputed land when the Messiah returns. Those who have suffered this Faith in the Messiah (Christ), in the regeneration, they will be given 12 thrones, judging (administering) the 12 tribes of Israel. (Luke22v29-30) Until then we believe that Ethiopia is our refuge, as Jacob took refuge in the tents of Ham. We accept the legitimate right of all African descendants to Repatriate to the land of our Forefathers, Africa. The land given to us by our King in Shashamane should be developed to sustain ourselves during the Great Tribulation. This is also a part of the Holy Land.

We accept that as followers of H.I.M Haile Selassie I, (whose precoronation name was Ras Tafari Makonnen) we must study and obey his teachings, example and not the traditions, saying of anyone which are contrary to his words (listed below) or or the Holy Bible. H.I.M himself a follower of Jesus, and holding the title of Defender of Faith, and leader of the most ancient Christian nation on Earth, Ethiopia, has commanded us to: "...arise with the spiritual zealand earnestness which characterized the apostles and early Christians and let us lead our brothers and sisters to our Saviour Jesus, Who only give life in it's fullest sense." If we claim we love Him we should follow his examples and teachings.

We also declare the Prophet Gad as the Rastafarian who pointed us to the Holy Bible, The Historical Jesus, The identity of the Twelve Tribes of Israel, Jerusalem, Shashamane Ethiopia and the Ethiopian Royal Family.
Glory be to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is part of a interview with H.I.M. Haile Selassie I:

Question: "Your Majesty, in view of the African drive against colonialism and South African racism, what place will the White Man have in Africa? Does he have any choice between leaving or accepting the domination of the black man?"

Emperor Haile Selassie I response: "I would say that at the conference of heads of African states that was held last May in the capital Ethiopia, Addis Ababa, before the signing of the Charter I have told in the speech I have made to the distinguished Heads of State that people were formerly under colonialist regime and who have suffered a great deal must have the Pure Spirit of tending to collaborate with their former master, for otherwise vengeance and remorse, coexistance would not be possible and this ould be detrimental to the preservation of international peace. I say that black and white, as a form of speech, as a means of judging mankind, should be eliminated from Human Society. Human beings are precisely the same whatever color, race, creed or national origin they may be."

Now you see we cannot follow H.I.M. teaching if we do not follow that. Not only did he say in Africa, but in all Human Society race should be eliminated.

Also Jah does not want any kind of divisions between us so we cannot follow Jah if InI participate in dividing eachother up either. Again InI state that Rastafari is for all beings no matter what race. It is not a black upliftment movement as ones would like to say. It is about following Selassie and Jah. Neither of whom are involved in any kind of upliftment of any races but of all humanity!

Peace,Love and Unity!

ONE HEART!
ONE AIM!
ONE DESTINY!
JAH!
RASTAFARI!

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 28th, 2005, 3:46 pm

BlaKK wrote:"The revelation that Haile Selassie is God and that Ethiopia is the home of the Black". (The Rastafarians, pp. 254-255).
Blakk, is it true rastas hate whites and preach black supremecy?

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 28th, 2005, 4:04 pm

They opened a new Ital restaurant on my studio's block in BK ---- i cant see how ya niggas thrive on a diet of grass haha -- but on the reals keep the posotive vibes flowin ---- Blakk you a young nigga with too much potential for all that foul shit, im glad you try and follow the righteous path at such a young age - but youre at the door, all you gotta do is step in ras boy

1ove

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » April 28th, 2005, 6:56 pm

se11 wrote:
BlaKK wrote:"The revelation that Haile Selassie is God and that Ethiopia is the home of the Black". (The Rastafarians, pp. 254-255).
Blakk, is it true rastas hate whites and preach black supremecy?
Pending on Whom You speak to Se11.
Rasta, as it is more commonly called, has its roots in the teachings of Jamaican black nationalist "Marcus Garvey" Purple You know Who he is and where he stands, he preached a message of black self empowerment, and initiated the "Back to Africa" movement. Which called for all blacks to return to their ancestral home, and more specifically Ethiopia. He taught self reliance "at home and abroad" and advocated a "back to Africa" consciousness, awakening black pride, Se11 we denounce the white man’s eurocentric woldview, colonial indoctrination that caused blacks to feel shame for their African heritage What I call "Impearalism". "When a black king shall be crowned, for the day of deliverance is at hand". Many thought the prophecy was fulfilled when in 1930, Ras Tafari, was crowned emperor Haile Selassie 1

<----(H.I.M.) of Ethiopia and proclaimed "King of Kings, Lord of Lords, and the conquering lion of the Tribe of Judah". Haile Selassie claimed to be a direct descendant of King David, the 225th ruler in an unbroken line of Ethiopian Kings from the time of Solomon and Sheba. He and his followers took great pride in being black and wanted to regain the black heritage that was lost by loosing faith and straying from the holy ways.

Se11 The congregation itself Does not show any Hate towards the White man, Just there Egocentric Babylonian ways. The Rastafari Culture however Does conflict to the whitemans oppression in that region.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » April 28th, 2005, 8:01 pm

purplecityhello wrote:They opened a new Ital restaurant on my studio's block in BK ---- i cant see how ya niggas thrive on a diet of grass haha -- but on the reals keep the posotive vibes flowin ---- Blakk you a young nigga with too much potential for all that foul shit, im glad you try and follow the righteous path at such a young age - but youre at the door, all you gotta do is step in ras boy

1ove
YOUNG? I got a Family Purple.

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 28th, 2005, 8:46 pm

BlaKK wrote:YOUNG? I got a Family Purple.
I knew a guy who had 2 kids at 18.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » April 29th, 2005, 1:09 am

I knew a girl who had 2 kids at 14.^^^^

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » December 1st, 2006, 6:42 pm

dreads is straight...when i started growing my hair i would twist my hair up to make it grow faster....best way to keep ya hair though just lock em & go on about ya day

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 1st, 2006, 6:49 pm

6 years steady nigga they been hangin lower then my nut sacc.