Realest documentary

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Realest documentary

Unread post by se11 » June 8th, 2005, 4:47 pm

what are the best documentaries that you've seen? i liked bangin in litlle rock and gang war 2 back to the hood.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » June 8th, 2005, 5:04 pm

Along time ago like probably 10 years ago, I saw a documentary on HBO about Palestenian suicide bombers it had alot to do with their state of mind it was great sad but great.

They interviewed a failed suicide bomber who accidently blew his limbs off by preparing to become a martyr.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » June 9th, 2005, 1:49 am

The documentary on the "City of God" dvd about the gangs and violence affecting Rio's favelas.

Theres always something on television in England about Hispanic gangs. Last night (early this morning) i watched a documentary about the 18th Street gang in El Salvadour.

A few weeks back there was a documentary on about life in Compton.

Another one i seen that was good was 'Los Angeles: The Postmodern City'

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » June 9th, 2005, 3:00 am

NW10 wrote:The documentary on the "City of God" dvd about the gangs and violence affecting Rio's favelas.

Theres always something on television in England about Hispanic gangs. Last night (early this morning) i watched a documentary about the 18th Street gang in El Salvadour.

See, that's what gets to me.

Here in America, we have to go to Compton and get our asses shot off to see what's going on in AMERICA'S OWN BACK YARD!!! They don't find a lot of time to show documentaries about inner city life on American t.v; It cuts into Amercian Idol. (Exception: HBO)

Be glad you live in a country where there's creative minds at the heads of your t.v. networks; That went bye-bye a long time ago here in the states. It's American Idol, American Idol, American Idol, and American Idol.

Also, since your from England, Thanks a lot for Simon Cowell. Now, you can HAVE HIM BACK! :)

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » June 9th, 2005, 4:04 am

StillNoScript wrote: Also, since your from England, Thanks a lot for Simon Cowell. Now, you can HAVE HIM BACK! :)
nah man keep that muthaphukka. When hes here all we get is shit tv like Pop Idol etc.. its all BS, we dont need it, and certainly dont want it

chi_lord5

Unread post by chi_lord5 » June 9th, 2005, 1:17 pm

the best ive seen is the 1 i jus received Hood 2 Hood.

Helms
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Helms » June 10th, 2005, 11:45 am

I second the documentary of the City of God DVD. Awesome stuff.

I miss TV in England. Tonnes of documentaries compared to the crap they show here in North America.

Death in Gaza is awesome. It's all about the life of Palestinian children. The film maker is a British guy named James Miller. He got shot dead by Israeli soldiers while identifying himself as a journalist and waving a white flag. It's in the documentary.

GottaLoveLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GottaLoveLA » June 10th, 2005, 6:02 pm

Helms wrote:Death in Gaza is awesome. It's all about the life of Palestinian children. The film maker is a British guy named James Miller. He got shot dead by Israeli soldiers while identifying himself as a journalist and waving a white flag. It's in the documentary.
Thats my fav document also

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » June 11th, 2005, 4:00 am

Thats another thing i like, documentaries on my home town or documentaries filmed in my neighbourhood. Theres been a few, mostly about crime and police corruption but they good.

Boris
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Boris » June 11th, 2005, 5:53 am

NW10 wrote:The documentary on the "City of God" dvd about the gangs and violence affecting Rio's favelas.

Sky One have been showing a series called 'Ross Kemp on Gangs' which seems to be based pretty much on Rio's gangs and life in the favellas. Caught a bit of one the other night and it was all about the Red Command and how they got tings started back in the day.

Heavy program if you can ignore Ross Kemp lol.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » June 11th, 2005, 6:53 am

If you got BBC3 theres been a lot of documentaries recently on hispanic gangs in South American countries. Last week it was about the 18th Street gang in El Salvadour

Helms
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Helms » June 11th, 2005, 9:55 am

Shake Hands With the Devil is another good one. It followes former UN commander Romeo Dallaire returning to Rwanda 10 years after he witnessed the genocide. Pretty harsh stuff.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 11th, 2005, 4:02 pm

WHERE CAN I FIND (DOWNLOAD) THESE DOCUMENTARYS?!
On the internet that is..

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: Realest documentary

Unread post by Silencioso » February 3rd, 2010, 2:13 pm

Slippin' 10 Years With The Bloods is pretty real:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8iqkF6_vk0