Snatch.(2000)

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
GottaLoveLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Snatch.(2000)

Unread post by GottaLoveLA » June 10th, 2005, 11:45 am

anybody see this flick? pretty good if you ask me

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » June 10th, 2005, 11:59 am

very good movie. You do know it's the sequel from "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels".

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by willihen » June 10th, 2005, 1:11 pm

damn good.

"periwinkle blue"

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

reshiser

Unread post by Mraka » June 10th, 2005, 1:29 pm

made by -guy Ritchie?
was the first I saw on my own dvd-player
quite good,but thinking back,somehow cheap,and the actors acted on in other films in simillar roles.
understood?
test1,test2,.... :roll:

GottaLoveLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GottaLoveLA » June 10th, 2005, 5:54 pm

Common Sense wrote:very good movie. You do know it's the sequel from "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels".
i dont think it is

it is the same style of movie

"I bet the hare gets fucked"-Turkish

"Propered Fucked"- the pickeys

lol did anybody get half the words the pickeys said

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » June 10th, 2005, 6:08 pm

Snatch is the second of three movies. Lock Stock being the first. The third Guy Ritchie gangster movie is called "Mean Streets of London."

GottaLoveLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GottaLoveLA » June 10th, 2005, 6:25 pm

Common Sense wrote:Snatch is the second of three movies. Lock Stock being the first. The third Guy Ritchie gangster movie is called "Mean Streets of London."
thanks for the info

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » June 11th, 2005, 4:02 am

I think he meant there sequels in the sense that they are similar style by the same guy, not because one movie follows on from the other. They all London tales though.

I prefer Lock Stock to Snatch. Theres a few others that you might wanna check out that are very similar. Layer Cake and SW9

Helms
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Helms » June 11th, 2005, 9:53 am

I thought Lock Stock and Snatch were both great movies. Vinnie Jones is awesome in both.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » June 11th, 2005, 6:16 pm

NW10 wrote:I think he meant there sequels in the sense that they are similar style by the same guy, not because one movie follows on from the other.
In a way it does follow. Bullet tooth Tony (I think that was his name) was in Lock Stock, but was also in Snatch. Not to give the movie away, but you couldn't see Bullet Tooth Tony in Snatch, then go to Lock Stock. Get my drift?
NW10 wrote:Theres a few others that you might wanna check out that are very similar. Layer Cake and SW9
I hadn't heard of these. I'll be sure to check them out. Thanks.

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by jae » July 28th, 2005, 11:48 am

Common Sense wrote:very good movie. You do know it's the sequel from "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels".
is that right??? aw, man, i gotta rent that one now... i cant recall seeing that one. it sounds familiar though. and that cat did the transporter, and part two of that is coming out soon. that guy is on the rise now, mainstream.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » July 28th, 2005, 12:53 pm

^^^ The sound track for both movies is good too.

mnjmc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mnjmc » July 29th, 2005, 11:09 pm

Common Sense wrote:Snatch is the second of three movies. Lock Stock being the first. The third Guy Ritchie gangster movie is called "Mean Streets of London."
I they as good as Snatch because I really liked that movie.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » July 31st, 2005, 9:51 am

Lock Stock is good, but in a different way. The only guy you'll probably recognise is Turkish and Bullet Tooth Tony, and the American actor (I can't think of his name). Mean Streets, I haven't seen that one yet.

Tuco
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tuco » July 31st, 2005, 4:38 pm

Common Sense wrote :

The third Guy Ritchie gangster movie is called "Mean Streets of London."

Tuco's answer :

What is this film ??? Guy Ritchie never done a film called "Mean Streets of London" ! After Snatch, he did a BMW commercial for Ridley & Tony Scott and after that he made the Madonna's (his wife) crappy vehicle Swept Away. Right now, Ritchie is making another gangster film (that deals mainly with illegal gambling rings), with Jason Statham, Ray Liotta & Andre 3000, but it's called Revolver...and it got no other working title.

But I agree with you all, Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrel and Snatch are great pieces of work.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » July 31st, 2005, 5:18 pm

Tuco wrote:The third Guy Ritchie gangster movie is called "Mean Streets of London.".
That's what I thought.
Tuco wrote:What is this film ??? Guy Ritchie never done a film called "Mean Streets of London" ! After Snatch, he did a BMW commercial for Ridley & Tony Scott and after that he made the Madonna's (his wife) crappy vehicle Swept Away..
I saw this movie advertised in a small independant theatre in Hollywood a few yeas ago. I thought it was a Guy Ritchie film. Funny thing, I can't find any info on the film at all. Like it doesn't exit. Unless they were using "mean streets of london" as a catch phrase for another movie, but I'm almost sure it was a movie.
Tuco wrote:Right now, Ritchie is making another gangster film (that deals mainly with illegal gambling rings), with Jason Statham, Ray Liotta & Andre 3000, but it's called Revolver...and it got no other working title..
Really. I think he's better at gangster films than love stories.
Tuco wrote:But I agree with you all, Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrel and Snatch are great pieces of work.
Oh yea.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » August 9th, 2005, 9:15 am

Enjoyed both movies and prefered Snatch. I've known many pikeys in my time, which by the way is a derogative term for Irish Travellers. I prefer the term Travellers. But hell, can those people mash it up! Recently, there was a Traveller wedding held in our (now closed) local music venue called Ocean. Two Traveller family clans clashed - the big big doormen tried to rush them but got stamped - riot cops turned up and got stamped on too until the place was swarming with riot cops keeping the clans apart. Tjose people know how to fight man!