Soccer Hooligans (aka Football Gangs)

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
Oaktown
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Soccer Hooligans (aka Football Gangs)

Unread post by Oaktown » April 18th, 2005, 11:30 am

This topic is more-so for the English people as i'm not too sure wether it happens in the states or not...

Anyway, i just finished watching that movie 'Football Factory' and learnt abit more about the existance of Football Gangs. Now i don't know if that was accurate n shiit but serious.... that shiit looked brutal. You always hear about riots and fights after/during soccer matches but is it to that extent that guys just back their team and fk up anyone supporting someone else?

Well that wasn't the major question, major question was 'how organized are these gangs?' from the looks of shiit they didn't look too structured... anyone able to gimme some more info?

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Soccer Hooligans (aka Football Gangs)

Unread post by WhiteBoy » April 18th, 2005, 12:04 pm

in the movie euro trip, they have some english chaps holding it down for manchester united,
those guys rule. i wouldn't say by any means organized i think they just get drunk and create ruckass together.
shit though, the way things have been going around here with fights at basketball evens in the next few years we might start to see sport gangs popping up.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » April 18th, 2005, 12:09 pm

The football gangs have gone through different stages. For example a team may have started off with loads of young lads kickin off trouble but as they become older and wiser they learn to become more organised. Learn the whereabouts of the police, know where its gonna kick off. Another thing that has changed through time is fashion, a few years back the hooligans were all wearing burberry, the police realised and adopted the attitude that anyone wearing burberry is a hooligan.

Todays football hooligans are far more organised because the police are more aware and so the hooligans need to be clever to work around this. Football Factory to my knowledge is a very accurate portrayal of the modern football hooligans. Real football hooligans were used in the fight scenes.

The best fighters, the older lads are normally those who give the orders, like i said Football Factory was pretty accurate of modern day, however it doesnt happen on a large scale at every match. Particular teams and rivals are the ones that normally host the big eruptions.

Check out these teams if you have time:
Millwall, West Ham United, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, Everton, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Cardiff, Leeds

BendyThumbs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BendyThumbs » April 18th, 2005, 7:57 pm

Yeah the Old Bill have cracked down a lot lately. But stuff is definatley organized to the extent of computers and cell phones. BBC had quite a good documentary on it. As said above it is all the "older heads, or top boys' who organize coaches and rucks and such. Trouble at the matches is pretty regular to some extent as even the normal fans are passionate, but it is not like every match is like what you saw in Football Factory, pretty rare to get that unless you get lucky or are abroad.

I would look up some of the firms that NW10 mentioned, definatley worth while.

Names you can try with the firms:
Millwall Bushwhackers
West Ham: ICF
Chelsea Headhunters
Tottenham: Yids
Liverpool Urchins
Everton is just Everton from what i know
Middlesbough Frontline
Portsmouth 657
Birmingham Zulus
Cardiff City Soul Crew
Leeds Service Crew
Manchester: The Red Army

Everytime has a firm, some big, some small. Some organized, some not. But pretty well all have a group.

Boris
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Boris » April 19th, 2005, 7:49 am

I knew a bre who used to run with Soul Crew, Cardiffs firm.

From what he told me, mans had shit organised enough. There was the older heads who'd organise everyting and there'd be the baby crew (who could be as young as 12/13) who were often relatives of the older members and just enjoyed the fights.

For real tho, Britains firms aint got shit on some of the Europeans. I read an article about some Serbian hoolies and man, they didnt care about ANYTHING. Even kidnapped/attacked their own teams players if they werent playing well enough.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » April 19th, 2005, 10:29 am

in Zagreb/Croatia them Hools went to the training and took away their sweaters.
also they threw stones at their cars in traffic.
they are talking about the next graffiti or song or formation like we do now about them.a month ago there was big punching at a idoorsports(?) game against Blgrade
bad blue boys/ dinamo:
http://www.badblueboys.hr/slike/thumbna ... ?album=258
torcida/hajduk :some pics are funny ;in blue on the right side riots over europe, had to change the link go to slike or sezona:http://torcida.org/site/
REd star belgrad from Delije;with 52 sec.clip with police
http://www.expertfootball.com/ultras/redstar.php
in germany there are fans or hooligans joining matches for the beating;students,worker,unemployed.
I former yugoslavia they are also the block bangers.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » April 19th, 2005, 10:34 am

What about Columbian football hooligans. After a match which Columbia lost one of the players, or maybe it was the manager, was shot dead

Helms
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Helms » April 20th, 2005, 1:04 pm

I hung with an old school hooligan in Leeds for a while. Those guys are tough as nails.

BTW, Whiteboy, the lead hooligan in that movie is Vinnie Jones. That guy is awesome. Check out this pic from back when he was playing football. He's full of dirty tricks.

[img]http://www.vinniejones.co.uk/images/foo ... pg_big.jpg[/img]

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » April 20th, 2005, 2:06 pm

^lmao, thats awsome,
back when i played soccer, there would be times where fights would break out,,, never anything on the scale of a riot though,, loved it.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 20th, 2005, 2:11 pm

anyone heard of BLACK ARMY ?? THEY ARE AIK (SWEDEN) SUPPORTERS..

voted one (if not THE) most brutal football gang in europe last year(or was it 2 years ago? dont know)

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » April 20th, 2005, 2:23 pm

TheWatcher wrote:anyone heard of BLACK ARMY ?? THEY ARE AIK (SWEDEN) SUPPORTERS..

voted one (if not THE) most brutal football gang in europe last year(or was it 2 years ago? dont know)

I heard of them but im sceptical about these polls in which teams (or anything similar) is ranked on brutality or ranked by worst-best. These votes normally go on one specific event and no real facts. For example following the Heysel disaster Liverpool were seen as the most brutal english hooligans based on the tradjedy.

Earlier on this season two Millwall fans were stabbed whilst plaing in Ferencvaros. The supporters (all supporters) of Ferencvaros were banned the previous season from attending any matches based on their activities even before they met Millwall (an equally infamous English club).

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » April 20th, 2005, 3:28 pm

do they like literally pull out brass knuckles and pipes out of their coats and just start beating peoples asses?

BendyThumbs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BendyThumbs » April 20th, 2005, 7:15 pm

Normally in England it is not accepted to be "tooled up" except for your usual enviormental weapons. Blades are looked down upon.

CO2 cans always seem to make things interesting though!

Helms
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Helms » April 21st, 2005, 12:12 pm

I don't know about actual organized hooligan gangs, but I witnessed some wicked brawls outside Highbury stadium after Arsenal matches. Some nights, that area became pretty unpredictable. Thousands of drunks pouring out onto the street all at once.

CuriousEuropean

Unread post by CuriousEuropean » April 21st, 2005, 12:37 pm

I’m a Cardiff fan, go to some away matches as well, (tho’ not may this season). It’s there if you want it, it certainly exists, but if your not into that, its fine. It’s fairly organised at the top end, but pretty loose and basic for the most part.

Any hooligan firm that attacks straights (non-hooligans) suffers a massive loss of respect. So if your behaving, you’ll pretty much be ok most of the time.

I’ve been abroad with Wales as well, went to Milan in Italy for a game, the bloody Italians travel on scooters and slash anybody on the back as they drive past. Dirty cowards. That said, Lazio’s (Rome) firm was out to meet us as we left the game. It got mental for a small stage. Most of the time the fans just rampage, fight the police and wreck pubs. Stoke v Cardiff a few years back was a bad one, the whole day was barmy.

In my opinion, the real fun can happen at service stations / tube stations when the fans pull in and they bump into other rival fans and have a unscheduled kick off. Tool’s (weapons) are frowned upon in UK, but are appearing more often.

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » April 21st, 2005, 6:01 pm

Football factory is the most realistic football violence movie ever made,i know some older blokes who said that film was spot on.The director was involved in that shite himself.Euro trip was an embarrasing gimmick.

Helms
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Helms » April 22nd, 2005, 3:14 pm

Eurotrip was supposed to be stupid though.

Never heard of Football Factory, but I'll definately try and get my hands on a copy. Sounds good.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » June 8th, 2005, 4:07 pm

Football Factory is the best film you can get if you wanna know what football gangs are really like.

It aint just the fighting what they used to do though they are much more organised. They use mobile phones and the internet to communicate with each other (i mean one gang communicating with another so they can arrange where the fights will take place).

Many of the new breed hooligans are involved with organised crime such as drug trafficking and counterfeit goods trading.

Check this article out "Fight like 'scene from Braveheart"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1869482.stm

Most football teams got their main firm like West Ham Inter City Firm, Chelsea Headhunters, Cardiff Soul Crew, Spurs Yid Army and Middlesbrough Frontline etc... but in many cases these big gangs/firms can be identified in smaller 'cliques' like

Middlesbrough Frontline (in the past was made up of:
B-Farm Boys
Border Boot Boys
Park End Crew
Newport Gang
Dogg Mob
Stockton Firm
Stockton Wrecking Crew
Redcar Reds
Port Boys
Haverton Hill Mob
NTP (Netherfields, Thorntree & Park End estates (projects))
Block 2
Bob End Crew
Ayresome Angels
Eston Boys
Whinney Bronx Boys

A Stockton lad of Middlesbrough Frontline

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/NW10/hooligan.jpg[/img]

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » June 9th, 2005, 4:25 pm

What do they put in the water in boro?One of the hardest firms in england and your city is so small.Middlesbrough has a rep for producing hard bastads.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » June 9th, 2005, 4:36 pm

londonpride wrote:What do they put in the water in boro?
Its probably the local refuge from the petrochemical plants, nuclear power plant, all the iron and steel water, must get in our blood to make it hard
londonpride wrote:One of the hardest firms in england and your city is so small.
Small compared to London but our urban area has almost 500,000 although the town by itself is only 150,000.
londonpride wrote:Middlesbrough has a rep for producing hard bastads.
Yeah and the Spurs fans love it, we had some good fun with them the last couple of years but this year a mate of mine from Tottenham Hale was a bit unfortunate at the riverside lol

Whos your firm?

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » June 9th, 2005, 11:38 pm

I follow PALACE,more of a freindly club,which is fine because i aint never been involved in that football stuff, some tough areas around the ground though, south norwood,westnorwood,thortean heath,also brixton,streatham are just down 5 minutes down the road(massive black population and they dont really go to games).Plus if anyones up for mindless violence theres always millwall JUST down the road.Lol

Brighton,charlton,millwall,birmingham city can be quiet lively down at palace on the fan front.Theres a funny CLIPof palace and birmingham lads fighting on the pitch at selhurt in the late 80s,in which the brum lads was all in fancy dress.So you had superman and batman fighting palace fans LOL

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » June 10th, 2005, 2:53 am

I been to palace a few times, the first time i went to Selhurst though it was to see Wimbledon vs Boro, drew 1-1, even though we had Juninho, Ravanelli and Emerson.

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » June 10th, 2005, 5:53 am

Yeah i used to go sometimes to wimbledon at home,if palace was away at a shit team.How did boro manage to go down that year?emerson,juninho,ravenelli.CRAZY

Only time ive seen boro play was fa cup final against chelsea,i went with my uncle whos big chelsea fan.He told me about play off final,he went to against boro in late 80s i think.Said it was a bit mental.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » June 10th, 2005, 7:47 am

londonpride wrote:.He told me about play off final,he went to against boro in late 80s i think.Said it was a bit mental.
Yeah i wasnt allowed to go to that one, cos i was a young un. I was living in north london around that time aswell.

BendyThumbs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

-

Unread post by BendyThumbs » June 10th, 2005, 8:07 am

Boro really is quite somthing though, always rated by everyone, a serious tight knit mob. I just got back from the friendly in Chicago vs the US and i was surprised as to the amount of Boro that was there.

Helms
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Helms » June 11th, 2005, 9:43 am

It's funny how little people care about soccer here in North America. The English team played a friendly match in NY a week or two ago and didn't even get mentioned in the papers. I still think baseball is lame.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 11th, 2005, 9:51 am

Soccer is now the most popular sport over here in Quebec, it used to be Hockey but now a lot of people now play soccer instead since it doesn't take much equipment.

How did the Hooligans start though? I know violence associated to the passion for the sport isn't only reserved to England coz I once heard about a whole crowd in Guatemala ganging up on a guy cutting him with machetes because I think he just stole the ball during the game or was cheering too much for the other team, something stupid like that. But how did they start really? Just one day, somebody had the idea to really organize a gang only for beating up supporters of the other team instead of letting it be random or what?

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » June 11th, 2005, 9:57 am

Capo wrote: Just one day, somebody had the idea to really organize a gang only for beating up supporters of the other team instead of letting it be random or what?
I dont think it was organised in the beginning i think it just become fashionable to kick fuck out of your rivals and opposition supporters. People did it for fun and enjoyment. They mostly enjoyed victory in a fight and would take trophies from their rivals in the form of their hats and scarves to parade around the following week.

Hooligans just get a kick out of fighting (quite literally aswell on most occassions). Its not quite the same today though

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

firm

Unread post by Mraka » June 11th, 2005, 1:01 pm

they look back in 20 years of tradition.most of them have no clue what the match was like or are interested in the results.they sit on a minivan and drive to other town,phone the opposit hooles and try to organize a fight with them.
some firms a build up on selfdefense,but they do the same.they represent the charme of a family to their members who often got beaten in family.
-hooles of opposit firms often act friendly with one another,and congratulate on phone ,or drive enemy to a hospital,after a good riot or succesful beatin`.
phychology is after them,and some are healed or see that shit from other site.
because rugby is a pretty ruff game and very popular in britain,but causes no violence between the supporters,medics call for more responsibility of soccerplayers,since their acting is immitated by teens.

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » June 12th, 2005, 1:44 am

Pretty funny having soccer hooligans under organised crime.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » June 12th, 2005, 1:48 am

HAHAHA yeah but its more appropriate nowadays as they are organised and they do commit crime. Like i said before many of the hooligans are involved with stolen counterfeit goods and drug trafficking.

Its just when you say organised crime you think of TRIADS, MAFIA, YAKUZA... not Chelsea Headhunters and Spurs Yid Army lol

Helms
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Helms » June 13th, 2005, 12:26 pm

Well, it's serious enought that there's an MI5 "football division" They do nothing but keep tabs on notorious hooligans. I think it was over 1000 British people were barred from the last European cup because they were known hooligans.