WARNING - VERY LONG READ
TOKYO (modern or futuristic like Blade Runner) 2nd choice: South America/Brazil
LANGUAGE BARRIER (or how would R* handle a foreign dialect):
You'd have to go to school to learn the language, so pedestrian comments / radio djs / etc all slowly turn into 100% english depending on your fluency level. So if say your level is at 30%, most of the time you'll hear Japanese, going to school every once in a while will improve your fluency until eventually you'll hear nothing but english. The only problem with this idea is that a lot of dialogue would have to be recorded twicein Japanese and English, not sure if Rockstar would want to dig into the pocketbooks over something like this (but it would be nice). An alternative would be to just play as a Japanese person and already know what everyone is saying.
Also, Asia has a huge amount of cool things that makes their society unique. Panties in vending machines? Awesome! Don't forget rickshaws, karaoke bars, bullet trains, ninjas (imagine meeting a character that trains you in ninjitsu? whoa.. shriukens!) and J-pop music!
My idea would be to have your character as an undercover cop that has to infiltrate the local gangs and get himself deep into organized crime before he eventually takes everyone out. The best idea is to save the undercover cop plot for the middle of the game so it takes everyone by surprise
NEW WEAPON SYSTEM:
They need to redo how we handle our weapons. No more of this 1 melee, 1 rifle, 1 pistol, etc stuff. Weapon capacity should be a stat of some sort, where if you exercise enough, you'll be able to hold more and more weapons over time. And you'll be able to choose which ones, so if I want four different melee weapons, the game will allow me to do so. I would simply hit L1 to replace whatever weapon I no longer want. Or select the weapon I wish to remove/sell at Amu-Nation.
SEASONAL CHANGES / WEATHER / LIGHTING:
This is by far the biggest improvement I want to see the most in the next game. I'd like to see seasons take place, at perhaps 3 - 4 week intervals (game time). With different physics for driving in the winter time and new vehicles such as ski-mobiles, sanding trucks, snow plows, tire modifications (add chains to tires), etc.
I'd also like to see more realistic weather effects. It was hard not to love the bright flashes of thunder in San Fierro, but you don't actually see any lighting bolts. Nor do the rain clouds actually move across the map to other areas. Pedestrians should react accordingly if its raining hard, such as wearing raincoats or using umbrellas (melee weapon? awesome).
Hurricanes, tornados (I wish, but its not likely), dust devils, flying debris, flooding, rain puddles, mud, icicles, etc all should be included. Also, more realistic clouds that actually block/allow sunlight would be a nice touch.
The lighting system also needs to be much more realistic. The moon should have a glow of its own on the ground, and the sky needs to be much darker at night, right now its just ehh.. in the countryside where there's few light sources, I should have to be navigating by moonlight or the headlights of my car, or wearing infared-goggles
The sun setting/rising aren't done very well and look pretty sloppy with the huge amount of haze that you see.
Street lights aren't seen from a distance. This was disappointing to me because I expected to see the lights of Las Venturas from the top of MT.Chilliad. The game usually doesn't draw in street lights until you're fairly close, which sucks. Also there aren't any light from the windows in sky scrapers and buildings.
Realistic wind needs to be added to the game as well. You should hear the wind blowing, people walking differently when its particulary windy, bikes should be harder to maneuver, etc.
Also, and this is a big wish of mine, but stars in the sky that show all the major constellations would be an amazing thing to see! Right now there's only about a dozen or fewer stars in the sky, kind of sucks, especially when you're flying high in a plane.
The tandem bike (more than one person)
Classic cars from the pre-war era (such as jalopies)
Something ridiculous like a pogo-stick (maybe as an unlockable)
Rollerskates (too bad you couldn't get them in Vice)
Motorcycles with a side-car
Scooters (the non-engine kind)
Surf Boards (which reminds me, we also need more realistic waves)
Scuba diving gear w/tank + fins
Garbage truck (it would also require cans of garbage to be modelled in-game)
Formula 1 type cars
Working cement trucks (that allow you to dump concrete behind you on the road making it impossible to drive on)
Hot Air Balloons
And hmm.. thats pretty much all I can think of for now. If Rockstar brings back the vehicles from SA, they've got it all covered.
PEDESTRIAN AI IMPROVEMENTS:
- Peds that are holding hands should be protective of one another. So if I were to kill one of them, the other person should attempt to attack me, or at least mourn the dead person. Not walk away
- Certain peds should pick up stray weapons on the ground if they are aggressive, and are defending themselves from a threat.
- Peds that are desperate to keep their vehicles should then be able to jump onto your car's hood/trunk and hang on for dear life
- People that see a cop being attacked, should try and protect him. Also, certain peds (bad ones) would then join an attack. This would require 3 different types of behavior. Good, bad and neutral (meaning they'll just run away).
- When aiming a gun at a person, you should be able to talk to them by hitting left or right on the d-pad. Such as "gimme your money" or "don't call the cops" etc.
- Pedestrians should have different fighting-styles like you do.
- If you are standing in front of a car and won't move, some drivers should get out and try to physically "remove" you from the road. Also, we need wayyyy more honking horns in this game. And squealing brakes if a ped nearly runs you over.
- Pedestrians that actually try and avoid you if you're about to do a head-on collison. Also peds that know how to parallel park (hehe)
- Peds that talk on the phone (cell or payphone)
- Peds that shake hands or hugs
- Peds that hog the exercising machines at the gym
POLICE AI / OTHER IMPROVEMENTS:
- If a single cop is being shot at, he will return to his vehicle and call for backup.
- If you have a wanted level and enter a building, cops should surround the place and use a loudspeaker to say "come out, you're surrounded!"
- Cops no longer shoot at you when you have only 1 star. I suggest that if you are "busted" with 1 star, you will only get a talking down/fine/ticket after which, your star will then disappear. Sorry officer, it wont happen again!
- Police should make an attempt to handcuff you before you are "busted". If I can take a few dozen shots from a gun, why should a cop pointing a weapon at me, make me get "busted" ? If I get tossed out of a car by a cop, he should immediately drive his knee into my back and throw the cuffs on.
- Some cops could also be walking around eating food, or talking on their radios. They should also notice if your character is crouching or running and say "what are you up to?" or if you have a weapon in hand: "I hope you have a permit for that."
- Cops that patrol on foot, should also be giving lectures to pedestrians about the law and such. There's plenty of comedic material with this idea, overhearing a cop complain about jaywalking to an apologetic ped would kick realism up a notch
- Also, there's nothing wrong with policemen sitting down once in a while either.
- I'd also like to see police actually arrest people, handcuff them and then drive them down to the station.
- Less cops on foot, there are way too many as it is. Also they should have their hats on, sometimes its hard to tell that they aren't peds.
- Police should notice dead bodies on the sidewalk and start chalking around them. Also, they should always arrive with an ambulance to check out the "crime" scene.
- I still want a K-9 unit. I know R* hates having animals in the game, but I'm thinking I'll be satisfied if the dogs were unable to be targetted and killed. It would add a huge amount of drama to on-foot chases.
- Something also needs to be done about how you earn wanted stars. If I blow up my own car in the countryside, it should not give me a wanted level when there aren't any cops around.
- The AI still sucks when it fails to respond to some act of violence being done around you. For instance, I get gang members shooting at me while a cop casually walks by. The minute I fire a retailitory shot, he then comes after ME. Fix this.. argh!
NEW PEDESTRIAN TYPES
- Old guy with a cane
- Old lady with a walker
- A guy on crutches or in an arm-cast
- Hot lesbians that walk around holding hands
- A psychopathic kind of guy in a hospital outfit that attacks anyone he sees aka escaped mental patient
- Teenagers (they aren't exactly kids, so it should be okay)
- Some musclebound lunkhead type of guy (could frequent the beaches)
- Guy in a wheelchair (not sure if R* would do this because of a handicap bias)
- Clowns and/or sport team mascots (such as a guy in a bee costume)
- Robbers with pantyhose on their heads
- Junkies / drug dealers / guys paying hookers in dark alleyways
- Peds reading newspapers
- Street vendors selling jewerly and such
- Pizza delivery guys that actually walk up to houses to deliver
- Tv news reporters that show up with video cameras at crime scenes
- A Michael Jackson type character that you do missions for (hehe)
- All or most melee weapons should be usuable in stealth kills. Say if I sneak up on a guy with a golf club, I'll then choke him with the shaft held horizontally. Same thing with regular weapons, you should be able to sneak up, put a pistol to a guy's head, and waste him with one shot.
- Ability to take hostages. This could be done by targetting a pedestrian and pressing triangle. A pedestrian will provide you the equivalent of a bullet-proof vest.
- More tattoo options, head/face/neck and tats that cover an entire arm, entire back, etc. Also how about some piercings in this game as well? I could be a total freak!
- If you crouch near a chair/bench/bed, your guy should then sit down.
- Improved aiming system. While San Andreas is nearly perfect in my opinon, there are still some issues where the camera spins around for no reason while targetting.
- Able to select which fighting moves you want to add to your arsenal. Rather than selecting a "style" and replacing the entire moveset.
- More variety in using melee weapons. There should be different things you can do with a sword for example, rather than just swinging it. There should be a fairly simple combo system within each melee weapon. Maybe new fighting styles with melee weapons that you could learn someplace?
- More combos within your fighting styles, such as triangle, triangle, circle + SQUARE = sucker punch, haymaker, kick in the nuts and DDT
- Able to exercise certain parts of your body. If for example I only do the treadmill/bike, my legs should be massive, while my upper-body is pathetically weak. It also would be interesting if you could exercise each arm seperately
- A diving tackle move is definetely needed to take down those troublesome old ladies.
- More extreme variations in mass/weight when working out (or starving to death). I'd like to be able to be REALLY obese (Sumo), really muscular (Arnie) or very stick-thin and sickly looking (Ethiopian dude).
- Player strength should be very noticeable if you've worked out to your maximum muscle mass. One punch should be able to kill people. Rockstar should also make it a little harder to put on muscle mass.
- Being able to talk to anyone on the street by simply targetting them and hitting left/right.
- Raising your driving skill level in the same way Burnout 3 rewards you with boost. Meaning, driving erratically = more skill.
- Able to remotely detonate explosives while inside a vehicle. Imagine the stunting possibilities!
- Ability to use scuba-diving gear (assuming R* increases the depth limits of the ocean).
- Able to climb up ladders
- Able to drag/carry bodies (not sure how this could be done, maybe target the body without any weapons selected and hit triangle?)
- New lockpicking ability. This would apply towards houses and cars that are locked. Requires lockpicking tools and high lock-picking ability.
- Gang members should get themselves into the backseats of a 2-door car. This was pretty annoying in SA when backseats weren't used if they didnt have doors. Also if you recruit a seven man gang and can only transport four, perhaps the rest of the guys would hijack a vehicle and follow your car around.
- Drugs. I dont know if R* is morally opposed to it or what, but I would love to get drinks at a bar and get drunk. Or take acid and see hallucinations. Naturally every drug should have a consequence of some sort so as to not send out the "wrong" message. Other suggestions include steroids (added strength), speed (added speed) and PCP (more resilant to pain/health boost). Drugs could simply be renamed if Rockstar is concerned about their inclusion, PCP could become known as "Blue Dust" or something similar.
Really, once the game ends its only fitting that you should be able to replay some of your favourite missions. My idea is that once you finish the main storyline, you can hang out with one of your girlfriends and "tell" her about a mission you did. A menu will pop up with a list of mission titles and a small description of what you have to do. Simply select which one you'd like to replay and it'll load it up. Better yet, if you get wasted on the mission, you'll just end up with your girlfriend on the couch with all your health/weapons intact. So, no bothering with ending up at a hospital or any such thing.
R3 MISSION / SIDEJOBS
Some new ideas for R3 missions:
News Reporter - Go around the city and use your video camera to film whatever event is taking place (ie. building on fire, hostage situation, political election, etc). This would obviously use the TV van that was in San Andreas but didnt have R3 capability.
Snow Removal - If snow is in the game, then obviously a snow shovelling or snow plowing R3 mission is a must
Garbage Man - No description needed. Go from neighborhood to neighborhood and collect all the trash. Once filled to capacity, head to the dump.
Tow Truck - No R3? Hmmm... maybe we already have enough R3 missions...
Some ideas for "jobs":
Bodyguard - You are assigned to protect a certain person by any means necessary as he/she goes about their daily business. REWARD: Armor spawns at your safehouse.
Lifeguard - You're sitting at your post watching the beach with a pair of binoculars. If someone drowns, you've got to go rescue them. And if hot chicks in thongs need suntan lotion, you'll have to suffer the agony of squirting some on them REWARD: Infinite lung capacity
Pit Fighter - Fight for money in an octagonal ring, like the UFC. Higher levels later involve melee weapons. Not sure what the reward would be.. maybe a "pedestrians protect you" reward would do it.
Fisherman - Grab a boat and start fishing! This could be fun to do if the game uses the DualShock function properly. If I feel a nibble, the controller will vibirate a little, and when I'm fighting my line, the controller should be vibirating like mad. Left analog stick controls your fishing pole, with up/down to cast your line, left-right to move. Right analog stick has to be rotated either counter-clockwise or clockwise to get that "reel in" effect. Could be a lot of fun if done right. And I expect to randomly catch a huge ass shark or an octopus every once in a while! The reward could be: Boats can travel on land.
- Some R3 missions could use a lot of improvement. If I do vigilante, I should get more depth out of it such as responding to domestic abuse complaints, shoplifters, mediating disputes, joining in riot-control, maybe manning a radar-trap and taking criminals down to the precinct. Just driving to the yellow blip on your map and taking out the criminals x100 isn't satisfying anymore. Just about every R3 mission has room for plenty more depth to be added. Another example is the paramedic missions; which could have you working with a partner and using a stretcher to pick up people from the ground. Performing CPR (heh) on others, picking up dead old people in nursing homes and maybe doing odd jobs in the hospital as well, like delicate surgical procedures!
- A weapons locker/storage spot inside your safehouses would help a lot. Especially when I want to save rare items (ie. the dildo)
- The way girlfriends are used in the game also should be improved. They should be available on call to come visit you, and their places should also function as a safehouse for you. Dates should be a bit longer than those short (but funny) cut scenes with various choices available such as "talk" or "charm". Also you should be able to hold their hands while walking around (think ICO). You should be able to enter their homes after a certain amount of time, and be able to visit them while they are working (imagine your girl at Burger Shot, hah). And they need to be wayyyy hotter.. and to have their own character models, so they aren't just another "ped" on the streets.
- More street signs. I dont think I've ever seen a stop or yield sign yet.
- Able to dig ground with the shovel (and then burying a body!)
- Some mission/side-story where you have to evade a 5-star wanted level for a certain amount of time (no pay n spray). A five-minute timer counting down to zero, would work.
- Some radio stations only available in certain cities/areas.
- The new map is pretty darn good, but it needs to zoom in and out quicker. It also needs co-ordinates added in, longitude/latitude maybe. This would be a godsend for those that are looking for hidden packages, etc.
- Working tvs / Movie theaters. I've wanted this for a long time, short clips that you can actually sit down and watch on your tv or in a movie theater would be nice.
- More customizable options. For instance, safehouses are quite boring and are already furnished when you buy them. Why not have an empty place and its up to you to decorate? I'd love to be able to do a home invasion and put the stuff I steal into my own place. I'd like something similar to what ESPN NFL 2k5's crib feature has. Also it should have a fridge for me to get food from (instead of going to that damn Cluckin Bell all the time).
- More parked cars on the streets.
- Less references to 69.. its getting so old putting these forced sexual jokes into the game. Repetition isn't cool guys! What was wrong with calling Area 51, Area 52 or something instead?
- Solid car doors. If my passenger side door is open while driving, I should be able to get it removed completely by driving in reverse and scraping the side of another car. Also, damage modelling has to be done much better.
- Even more clothing / accessories available for purchase. I definetely want to see more weird things in the game. Also unlockable uniforms if you complete the right R3 mission. (ie. firefighter outfit)
- Destructible buildings. I think theoretically it could be done. But the buildings would have to be built back up eventually, so maybe if you destroy a building, a construction crew will arrive to fix it back up again.
- I want to go golfing dammit. Put golfing in this thing!
- Able to have conversations with anyone on the street.
- Working jukebox in bars
- Pedestrians can be recruited into your gang (based on your respect level)
- Portable radio/walkman. This could be used like the infrared goggles are used in SA. Just select the walkman in your inventory and hit circle to turn on, circle to turn off. The music could just be a radio station without any DJ/commercials.
- Working phones / pay phones. These will allow you to call up a character and have him/her meet you at the phone. Rather than using numbers to dial with, a menu will pop up and allow you to select from a list of names. Using this idea, they could also replace the 2-player icon rampage, so instead you'd just call up a character.
- Train horns! They forgot it in this one somehow, I was disappointed because the first thing I did when I hijacked a train was to sound the horn. Didn't do a thing. Damn! The train is supposed to go WOO WOO!
- Better in-car view, if the windshield is cracked, it should affect your view. Also, working windshield wipers whenever it rains. And fuzzy dice on the rearview mirror, FUZZY DICE!
- Custom soundtracks (assuming the PS3 has this feature)
- More stuff underwater / deeper ocean / underwater caves / giant squids
- Missions involving a DJ that you hear on one of the stations. Such as Lazlow and you have to do things like killing off other DJs or destroying other radio station antennas.
- Better dancing gameplay. Maybe something like Beatmania and you use the shoulder buttons ? That would be fun! Even better is to rip off Amplitude's/Frequency's control system, since its not likely they are going to put out a new game nowadays.
- Ragdoll physics (hitting someone with a car still feels like hitting a cardboard cutout. Also the car doesn't have that satisfying "bump" feeling when your tires are riding over someone's ribcage
- More interactive objects such as light switches, doorbells, phones, toilets etc
- Tasers (the ones that shoot out the prongs with the wire attached)
- More animations. Such as slamming a fist onto the hood of a car if someone is honking at you while you're standing in front. Also holding your chest/arm/leg if you get shot in that area and happen to be bleeding. Pedestrians also need more animations, wayyyyy more. Things like scratching their heads, putting their hands in their pockets, tying a shoelace, pointing, etc.
- Better explosions dammit.
- Female cops (I'd probably not want to kill them though) also, fat cops.
- Ability to ride as a passenger in a cab and to select your destination.
- Manholes around the city with an underground sewer system that you can explore.
- Bike tricks. You can't seem to be able to hop on your front or back tire repeatedly. Its completely possible, but not in this game unfortunately.
- Even more mini-games such as darts and more arcade games. There should be an amusement park where you can try your hand at winning at a bunch of games (like throwing a baseball into a stack of milk cans).
- Basketball engine needs to be improved. I suggest R* borrow from Arch Rival's gameplay.
- Houses where you can actually see people moving around inside. This would be a good visual indictator of a place that you can later rob at night. Same deal with peds opening/closing their blinds/curtains.
- When you get hit from behind at a high speed, the game's camera should "shake" as if recovering from the impact. Its an effect that I think would look really cool if its done properly. Imagine getting rear-ended, hearing a loud bang and then the screen does a quick shake, goes off center and re-aligns, it would be badass!
- Also, rear-enders / crashing into walls may result in your character flying out of the windshield. Since this could get really annoying, I suggest its only used when your vehicle is moving much faster than normal before impact. Or perhaps gets eliminated once you get your driving skill up high enough.
- Ability to switch engines within cars. If I want to put some badass 500hp engine into a Blista Compact, please for the love of God let it be!
- More cars to mod please! And better upgrades, such as bulletproof tires, doors, explosion-proof, oil-slicks, tires with horizontal spikes (to nail other cars with), automatic-firing roof-mounted machine guns etc.
- An idea for pedestrians is for the game to randomly generate their clothing. This will help avoid the "twins" effect that you usually see often.
- I'd also want the size of the next GTA to be just a little bit larger than SA currently is (such as 25%). It would be awesome to go from one country to another by crossing the border or something.
- Online play, I can wait for this, its nice to have but I dont consider it completely necessary yet. Still, I think Rockstar should concentrate on successfully debuting a next-gen GTA title first, and THEN worry about online.
I was fairly disappointed with San Andreas soundtrack, I really enjoyed GTA3s and Vice Citys, but SA's radio stations aren't very diverse in styles (2 rap stations/R&B station/soul station/groove station). And they weren't sticking to theme in a couple,like Radio X (Depeche Mode, Helmet, Living Color, Ozzy all on one station? ehh). The actual songs were pretty good, but I just didn't like the way most of the stations are set up and their song selection (if that makes any sense). I'd like to see these genres make it into the next game:
Classical/Opera (I miss Double-Cleff FM *sniffs* dont forget that opera and classical music are in the public domain, so its cheap/free to use)
An oldies station (50s bubblegum pop/rock and its gotta be hosted by a Wolfman Jack type of DJ!)
An "independent" or college-type station where the music is some pretty off-the-wall, esoteric stuff. Maybe the DJ could be stoned while hosting.
And at least one foreign-language type station like Radio Espantoso!
I am assuming that it will be on the PS3, and also assuming some of the hardware on the PS3. Nothing too technical, but I'm sure it will have much better graphics, more RAM, and that it will use Blu-Ray Discs. These discs hold about 25GB on single layer and 50GB on dual layer. This is more than 10 times that of respective DVD's, so much more space is available. Also compression techniques will have evolved also, so this combination would allow for a huge city.
First of all I think it should be called GTA 6, rather than GTA -Insert Place Name-. I feel this is a tradition for new consoles, despite it only happening once. I also think that the size of map in a PS3 GTA would be so big that it could not be covered by a single state or name, so GTA 6 works quite well.
There has been much discussion on the boards on the location of the next GTA, and most people are suggesting 3 cities for one game. With a disc which can hold 10 times as much as a DVD I would say the map should maybe be 5 times as big, as to allow for anything else which is necessary. My opinion is that the whole map should be an anachronism of America (North and South), and Canada. There are so many aspects which people have been hoping for and this could contain them all: Snow, Jungle, Desert, Countryside, Forests, Mountain Ranges, City, Slums, Ghettos, etc. I must stress that I do not want a map shaped like the real world America/Canada, just the general layout and location of cities, mountains, jungle, etc. In what would be South America I would have a Rio de Janeiro copy, which would contain huge slums, terrible famine and a large tourist city, a parody of Columbia, which would be drug dealers central, an Argentina type city, a jungle equivelant of the Amazon Rainforest, and a mountain range stretching the West coast. Moving upwards, between the South and the North, there would be a Mexico type city, and also a small republican island to be like Cuba. In what would be the US there would be a multitude of cities such as Phoenix, Arizona; Chicago, Illinois; Hawaii; New York; Texas; California; Florida; Washington; Mexico; Detroit, Illinois and Boston, Mass. The dilemma is what to do about California, New York and Florida, as these have already been used. They could be redone to be different cities, but as most of their identifiable features have been used along with them they probably wouldnt be very interesting. However I would include San Andreas as is to represent the West, but redo New York and Florida into completely new cities. My reasons for this are as follows: San Andreas is such a complete place. It has everything which represents its respective cities. Liberty City was not based upon New York as much as San Andreas, so I think it could be redone into a bigger, fuller replica. Although many aspects of Miami were included in Vice City, its downfall is it is only Miami, as opposed to all of Florida. Also it is set in the 80's. As I believe GTA 6 should be set in the late 90's/early 00's, it would have changed dramatically, so it could be redone tactfully. Still, there should be subtle differences to San Andreas, such as some of the smaller towns could have got bigger. Moving upwards again, where Canada would be, I would have deep forests and a Toronto like city. In the top left I see an Alaska type place with snow and oil fields. There would also be two islands: Hawaii and Cuba. Cuba would be a cummunist country, and Hawaii the tropical island, sort of like Vice City. It would have a volcano and would be hidden from the map from the start and unlcoked as you progress. Also I want an Alcatraz type prison, valleys, swamps and a volcano. Thats about it. I know it sounds a lot, but remember how much space is available on these new discs.
You start off in the slums of Rio, and then the story moves you around South America, to Los Argentos and then El Cuerte. This is followed by a short stay in Cuba. After that you go up to Mexico, and subsequently San Andreas. Then back down to Texas, via Arizona and then you move north through the cities continuing into Canada. Her you start in the West and move East as far as Quebek, and then its down to Massachussetss. Here you move downwards through Liberty, Capital City, and end up in Vice. You then move to Hawaii, which until now is hidden on the map. Then you go and take over Cuba, making it the base of your operations. From here you go back to Rio and thats where the story finishes.
To keep the cities locked, you would have the border between Columbia and Mexico as a line, and if you cross it you are an illegal immigrant, so you get a wanted level. Hawaii would be impossible to get to until you have completed a certain amount of the game. This would be a great incentive to complete the game.
There will be water between the States of America, but not all of them. There is water between San Andreas and the rest of the states but not a lot. A network of large bridges connects it with the mainland.
Cities - 1 - Name - El Cuerte
Equivelant - Columbia
Gang(s) - Cartel
Crime - Mainly dealing drugs
Regions - Bogoto, Khali, Medlennin, Kuertaginio
Landscape - There would be a mountain ranges called the Anderes Range, modelled after the Andes. This runs the whole length of the West Coast of the state, and as in Columbia with the Andes, splits into 3 ranges, with two valleys in between. This would also be very hot as it is on the equator. There would be rainforest in part of the state, and an area where the drugs are grown and made. This jungle would also cover the area west and about a third of the area east of the Anderes. The roads and transport are very primitive for the most part, especially outside the towns.
Cities - 2 - Name - Rio
Equivelant - Rio de Janeiro
Gang(s) - Slum Gangs
Regions - The North (Upper and Middle Class) and the Favelas (Slums)
Landscape - There are slums on steep hills, and cover the edges of town. There is also a hill with a statue overlooking the beach and town. In the area around the city there is rainforest, and a river modelled after the amazon, which stems from the Anderes mountain ranges.
Cities - 3 - Name - Los Argentos
Equivelant - Argentina
Regions - Buenos Aires, Rosario, Mendoza
Landscape - The Anderes stretch the west coast. There is rainforest in the north, and golden beaches on the south coast. West of the Anderes a small town named San Cialo.
Cities - 4 - Name - El Mexicas
Equivelant - Mexico
Crime - Mainly dealing drugs
Regions - New Mexicas, Cuncan, Guadalajuara, Apaculpo, Tiajuana
Landscape - This city is very mountainous. There would also be a version of the Panama Canal at the "bottleneck".
Cities - 5 - Name - Arizonia
Equivelant - Arizona
Regions - Phoenix
Landscape - This is a newly developed town, in the middle of a desert. It is powered by the Vaccum Dam, which is subsequently powered by the Caliardo River. This runs through the Grand Rivine.
Cities - 6 - Name - Il Texaccos
Equivelant - Texas
Regions - Houston, Dallas, Austin, El Paso, Cape Canavrel
Cities - 7 - Name - Illington
Equivelant - Illinois
Regions - Chicago
Cities - 8 - Name - Metro City
Equivelant - Michigan
Regions - Detroit
Landscape - A version of 3 of the great lakes is included. There are watersports available here.
Cities - 9 - Name - Missuchassets
Equivelant - Massachussetts
Gang(s) - Irish Mob
Regions - Boston
Cities - 10 - Name - Liberty
Equivelant - New York
Regions - Staunton, Long Island, Manhattan
Landscape - Dense City
Cities - 11 - Name - Capital City
Equivelant - Washington D.C.
Gang(s) - Corrupt Politicians
Cities - 12 - Name - Vice
Equivelant - Florida
Regions - Vice City, Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville
Cities - 13 - Name - Eliaska
Equivelant - Alaska
Regions - Valdez, Anchorage
Landscape - Snowy Hills
Cities - 14 - Name - Wincoiver
Equivelant - Vancouver
Cities - 15 - Name - Torontorio
Equivelant - Toronto
Cities - 16 - Name - Montrael
Equivelant - Montreal
Cities - 17 - Name - Quebek
Equivelant - Quebec
Landscape - There would be a version of the Niagra Falls here.
Cities - 18 - Name - Mauii
Equivelant - Hawaii
Landscape - Volcano, Jungle, Lush Beaches
Cities - 19 - Name - Buca
Equivelant - Cuba
Cities - 20 - Name - San Andreas
Equivelant - California/Nevada
Gang(s) - Ballas
Regions - Los Santos, San Fierro, Las Venturas
My only hope for the graphics is for them to improve, but not too dramatically. I believe that truly realistic graphics would ruin the GTA feel. I would like to see more objects modelled in 3D, rather than textures being used. Im not sure if this comes under graphics but i would like to see more free moving objects, such as jackets blowing in the wind or flags. Also more realistic and detailed damage models, i.e. Cars crumpling, bullet holes. The landscape should also be more destructable, with damagable buildings, trees which can be chopped down and movable earth.
I think the main character should be a young man in his late teens. He lives in the slums with his large family, and is the youngest of his many brothers, and all are into petty crime. He is put down by them and disrespected by them, but he gradually gains their respect as he moves up the criminal ladder.
You are a 19 year old who lives in the slums of Rio, namely the Favela de Deus. You live with your parents and your brother in a small shack. Your brother is named Fernando, and is part of trio which is infamous in the Favela for petty crime. As you have grown up you have always looked up to your brother, and longed to be a part of his gang. So you start off doing odd jobs for the trio, and eventually they trust you with more important duties. They plan to pull off a heist on a motel, which was originally oyur idea. You help them pull the job off, but after the heist, the other two members screw your brother and you out of the money, so you go into the motel and kill everyone, to set them up, and then flee with your brother to Argentina.
Here you meet up with some old friends of Fernando, who have become major players in the organised crime ring in Argentina. You start at the bottom, and gradually work your way up the ladder. Eventually you are asked to head up a gangs position in Columbia, where you become a Drug Baron. As drug popularity grows so does your organisation. At this point you are busted, and sent to prison. The Alcatraz type prison is in San Andreas. You meet various people inside and after you escape they help you on the outside. After your escape you swim to San Andreas' mainland, where you are taken in by Wu Zi Mu, who has heard about your operations in the South. He has you do odd jobs, and introduces you to other big players in San Andreas.
Thats all I have so far, as it is difficult to incorporate all the cities into one storyline. This lead me to an idea of having 3 completely separate storylines, which all cross paths at points.
I have started a more detailed story which has a script like a movie. I am including camera angles, techniques and other pertinent information.
Heres where I'll put down my thoughts for certain fun missions.
-A chase through the slums, hopping fences and jumping over houses.
-A mission where you jump off the dam (a la "The Fugitive")
-A Cannonball Run type mission. It could be done in segments, and each time you have to set up traps for the other cars. The last stretch would be a race.
-There should be a segment of the game where you are in prison, and there is a series of missions which lead up to your escape.#
-A Gone in 60 Seconds type mission, where you have to steal a list of cars in known locations in a certain time. You would have to outrun the police in certain places, and break into a warehouse.
First of all I know there are people who wish these to be excluded from upcoming GTA's. I personally believe they are one of the most important parts of GTA's as there give so much more freedom to do other things. They can get repetetive or tedious, but all the same i would not contemplate getting rid of these for a second. Now onto the list. The usuals should be included: Taxi, Vigilante, Paramedic, Firefighter, Pimping, Robbing Houses, Freight Train, Valet Parking, Trucker, Courier. Here are my new ideas:
Bus Driver - Be a bus driver
Breakdown Service - Go in a pickup truck and take wrecked cars to the scrapyard.
Emergency Rescue - Go and save stranded people from far reach places (mountains, countryside, desert).
Gunrunner - Take stolen guns to people.
Firefighter - New fire helicopters which drop water on forest fires.
Delivery Service - Take trucks of goods or vehicle delivery rigs to destinations.
Hunter - Hunt certain animals (for zoos possibly).
Logger - Cut down trees using machine.
Ice Cream - Just like in Vice City.
Freight Plane - Deliver goods by air.
Hitman - Be a cleaner.
Chauffeur - As with taxis, but with famous people. As you get to higher levels you take more famous people to bigger events, such as movie premieres, or awards ceremonies.
Trashman - Go and collect bins in a Trash Master. Once it is full you take it to the tip.
Lawnmower - Mow lawns.
Stuntman - As the the game, you perform stunts for movies.
Gritter - Grit snowy roads.
Hijacker - Hijack trucks filled with electrical goods, like in the Fast and the Furious. These are triggered by entering a black car with green neons, and must be done with a partner.
More Weapons - Smoke Bomb Grenade, Axe, Flare Gun, Cane Gun, Plastic Explosives, Rope, Spear Gun, Tranquiliser Gun, Bow and Arrow, Crossbow, Chinese Throwing Stars, Net Gun, Nunchucks, Mace, Pickaxe, Sledge Hammer, Snow Axe, Tommy Gun, Saw, Spears, Can of Petrol, Taser, High Voltage Shocker, Bricks, Crow Bar, Whip.
More Vehicles - Usable Diggers, Snowmobiles, Go-karts, Various Construction Vehicles, Formula 1 Cars, Hot Rods, Tricycles, Maibatsu, Original Dodo, Classic Vehicles from older games, Wood Chipper, Wood Saw, Wrecking Ball
Classic Vehicles - Models from previous GTA games, such as the Classic Infernus (from Vice), or the 90's Infernus (from SA). In this way you would have every vehicle from previous GTA games.
More Varied Cars - More choice in cars. Have more different types of cars in the same shot, rather than a row of the same car.
More Asset Missions - Banks, Casinos, Bookies, Car Dealerships, Newspapers, Taxi, Chauffeur, Film Studio, Bar, Hotel, Logger, Hunter, Ice Cream, Quarry, Clothes Shop, Jewellers, Oil Tycoon, Manager/Agent, Nuclear Power Plant, Theme Park
Revamped Drive-By's - Be able to shoot in other directions, by pressing L3 once to hang out the window, and move the right analog stick to move about. As usual L1 to fire. This is in addition to the classic drive-by method.
Revamped Wanted System - This definately needs to be redone, the police in San Andreas were so easy to evade it made chases no fun. There should definately be more levels of being wanted, and it should be much harder to get away with crime in the city. There has been talk about a bar to replace the stars and I think this is the way it should be simply for the fast that there are more than the 6 discreet values in previous GTA's. I also had the idea about Private Investigators who will snoop around at certain times in the game looking for evidence for a crime. A message will pop up saying "The police are looking around the warehouse. Go and move the plans for the heist." You will then have a certain time to get it out.
Emergency Vehicle Crane - As in GTA 3, you take Emergency Service Vehicles to a crane a the docks, and you need to get them all to complete it.
More Military Vehicles - Have a full range of military vehicles including a Gyrocopter, Stealth Plane, Stealth Boat, B52 Bomber, Hovercraft, Boats, More planes.
More Mini Games - Be able to play more games, like Basketball and Pool in San Andreas. Theses could be Baseball, Pinball, More Arcade Games, Golf, Surfing, Bowling, Fishing, Tennis, Table Tennis.
More Methods of Transport - Skateboard, More Bikes, Scooters, Skates, Segway, Jet Skis, Pedal Boats, Microlites, Skis, Snowboards, Sledges, Submarines
Paintball Gun Fights - Have an arena where you go into competition. There could also be competitions in the forest. You could have one on one duels, where you have to hit each body part (see New Fighting System).
Larger Boats - Ability to buy Private Yachts and save your games on them. Also allow piloting of cruise ships and tankers.
More Boats - Rowing Boats, Sailing Boats, Stealth Boats
Flowing Water - This should definately be included as it would make for some really interesting missions. There should be rivers and waterfalls that actually have a moving current and undertow, aswell as water soming out dams. I also think there should be a sewer system.
Robbing Museums - I'd have various Museums in the game and ability to steal valuble works or art as part of a robbery mission. There could also be news alerts about the thefts on the radio, which would be cool.
Better Safe Houses - The safehouses in San Andreas were a let down at best. They were mostly the same as each other and there wasnt much to do. There should be plenty to do in your house, and you should be able to eat. They should all be different aswell.
Underwater Exploration - The seascape should be interesting with underwater canyons and a coral reef and there should be the ability to use oxygen tanks and flippers to scubadive. You also have spears and harpoon guns to hunt while diving.
More Usable Objects - Have useful objects which serve a purpose, like the fire extinguisher in San Andreas. These could be Binauculars to spy on someone, a Screwdriver to unscrew a vent cover or undo bolts in a car, a Crowbar to open a door or a box. Also a metal dtector for finding treasure on the beach.
Edge of Space - As you get higher it will seem darker and you will be able to see the curvature of the earth. To link in with this I think there should be a copy of the NASA space centre, but going into space is not an option. There could be antigravity chambers in NASA which could be cool.
Animals - I dont see why these cannot be included. They are used in other games and can be killed in games like Resident Evil (even though they are zombies). If killing them is out of the question then I think hunting should be included. Weapons like the tranquiliser gun and net gun could be used and it would be a matter of sneaking up and staying quiet.
Private Island - As you progress and get bigger I think you should capture the Cuba style island and take it as your own. It would be the centre of your operations.
Ragdoll Physics - These are a priority and should definately be included.
Nuclear Power Station and Chemical Plant - Such things would make good assets but would also make for some good explosions.
More Interactive Dating - There should be more choices which dictate how successful the date goes. You could choose more than just the location of the date. You could ask her to dance or go for a walk along the beach.
Submarines - This should be one of the new additions, and there should be different sizes, varying from small one man subs to large nuclear submarines.
Revamped Workout - There should be more machines and you should be able to decide what muscles to develop, rather than just developing "muscle". You could have strong arms or shoulders, and this is achieved by using specific machines.
Tribes - There should be tribes which live in the jungle, and in the desert. They have traditions and rituals. Nomads also roam the desert.
Car Weapons - As in GTA1/2. Oil Slicks, Fitted Machine Guns, Spikestrips, Armor, Bombs.
Video Camera - Ability to record video as well as take photos. This would take up more space on a memory card, but they will have a larger capacity. A hard drive might also be included.
More Easter Eggs - There should be real world mysteries included, such as Bigfoot, Aliens, Ghosts and the Loch Ness Monster. Although, as in real life, you cannot get proof, and so the contoversy begins. There could be a sunken ship resembling the Titanic in the Atlantic Ocean. There could be a Bermuda Sqaure.
Hanggliding - These are found at the top of mountains, and you can shoot while you descend.
Revamped Player Customisation - There should be more brands and varieties of clothing and definately a quicker changing system. There should also be more tatoo/hair options, and hair should grow. This would mean after a while you would look scruffy and you Sex Appeal would decrease.
There sould be a way to roll cars back over by recruiting gang members, rather than them just lighting on fire.
More Stealth - More ways of killing and keeping undetected. I also hope that when you kill people in the middle of nowhere you should not get a wanted level, as no-one witnessed it.
Return of Vehicles - From GTA 3 the Stinger, Blista, Kuruma should make a return.
There should be oil pipelines running from Alaska to the cities, and in a mission you have to blow a rival oil tycoons pipeline up.
The jungle can have clearing in which drugs are grown
Ability to crawl on floor and climb ladders.
More Diverse Weather Conditions - Have rain which affects driving conditions, and visibility. Have snow which falls and lies on the ground. It crunches when you walk on it, and cars are very hard to control whilst driving on it. Where cars have been driving it compacts to ice, and there are Grit Machines which melt ice. There should be storms, like Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Tsunamis, Floods etc. Also I want to see volcanoes erupting, and earthquakes happening, aswell as snow storms and sand storms.
Ice Skating - You can ice skate where there are ice rinks or frozen lakes.
Seasons - Have the four seasons in the game, each with their characteristics, such as snow in winter and heat in the summer. Flowers and trees would also blossom in Spring and shed the leaves in Autumn.
Skiing/Snowboarding - As in a snowboarding game, it provides a fast way of descending snowy peaks. There would also be competitions.
Winter Olympics - All types of games in this competition. Ski Jumping, Snowboarding, Slalom, Bobsleigh.
Skateboards - To be implemented as in the "T.H.U.G." games. When you aquire a board you press R2 and L2 to get on. Then it is just like Tony Hawks. When you first start you can barely ollie, but as your skill builds up you build up your ability increases until eventually you are good enough to enter competitions. There would be skateparks around the map. The board could also be used as a melee weapon.
Destructable Landscape - Certain things should be destructable. Buildings should be damagable, if not destructable. Also earth should be able to be dug with spades or diggers. Things like trees can be cut down with a saw or chainsaw, or set on fire.
Revamped Eating System - You should be able to buy food from the supermarket and keep it in your house. It should be quicker to eat aswell. I think you should also be able to drink alcohol and hence get drunk. The screen could go blurry and shakey. You responses and reactions would decrease, and so would your accuracy.
Bigger Soundtrack - As it is set in the early 00's, it could have nearly any song you want on it. There should also be area specific stations, like when you are in San Andreas you can listen to SF-UR, and in Vice you can listen to VCPR. There sould be more weather reports depending on where you are, alerting you to snow or rain, or even storms. There should be much more songs, perhaps 5 times as much as in San Andreas.
Walkman - This would allow you to listen to radio whilst walking around. I see it as a weapon, which would come under the miscellaneous slot.
Golf - Give us a use for the golf courses. It could be implemented like in Tiger Woods. Also there could be mini-golf.
More Customisation of Cars - I want to see levels of customisation like in Need For Speed - Underground 2. Every car should be customisable, but in different ways, like Muscle Cars get done up like Muscle Cars, and Hatchbacks and Coupes get riced.
Cellphone - You can make calls to people using this, and arrange heists and jobs on your own back, rather than having to wait to be phoned.
Replay Missions - This feature should have been put in ages ago. You have a list of missions you have completed and you can do them again.
Cargo Planes - Planes which the back folds down, so you can drive cars in. This could be useful for transporting cars long distances.
Crater - In the equivelant of the Gulf of Mexico, there is a huge crater under the sea. If you dive with a submarine you can find it.
More Enterable Buildings - Every building should be enterable. Some would be locked, but doors can be forced open with crowbars, locks could be picked, or doors and windows could be smashed or blown open with explosives. There should be something to do in every building.
Growing Hair - Hair grows as time passes, and as it gets longer you look scruffy and your sex appeal goes down.
Track Races - Touring Car Races, Formula 1 Races, Drag Races, Rally Races.
Manual Gears - This should be an option for normal driving and track racing.
Speedometer - This should also be an option for when in vehicles. There could be other items on the HUD like what gear you are in.
More Stats - There should be stats for everything in the game.
Birds Eye View - This should be brought back, again as an option.
Cape Canavrel - NASA headquaters, in Florida. There would be various things to do here, like an Anti Gravity Chamber.
Create a Gang - When you start you don't have a gang, but as you get bigger, you and your family start a gang. It is at this point where you decide what the gang will be like, from colours to logos, to weapon of choice.
Revamped Clothing System - This should have more choice, more varieties of clothing, more brands, and above all it should be much quicker.
More Collectable Items - Keep Tags, Oysters, Horseshoes and Photo-Ops, but add many more. I like the idea of keeping them area specific, like having all of one item in one city. It would be too difficult if they were spread across the whole map.
Rampages - These should make a return in one player, and there should be more.
Field of Big Ears - Like the field of satellites (in Mexico I think).
Parking Garages - I'm sick of only having enough room in my garage for 1 or 2 cars. There should be parking lots and garages where when you go in, there are markers in the spaces. When you go into one it gives you the option of saving that car in that space.
Improved Basketball - Have teams who play each other. Rival gangs could play each other for respect. It would be like NBA Street.
Ability to Climb Ladders and also to lie on the ground and shuffle forward/backward.
More Arcade Games - More game machines in bars and supermarkets.
Heat Meter - This seems to make sense because of the addition of snow. If you stay in the snow too long then you will get too cold and start to lose energy. You also wouldn't be able to move as fast or shoot as accurate. Similarly in extreme heat, you will get tired quicker when running. What you wear affects this statistic. This could be implemented simply by adding colour to another stat. For example if there was a heart next to the health meter, then it would change to blue when it is cold and red when it is hot. When the heat level is critical it will flash. This would also have an effect whilst in water, as it would be colder the deeper you go. The heat would also have an effect on things like fire.
Alcatraz - Have a prison modelled on Alcatraz, and a segment of the game where you are in it. There would be multiple groups which would be the equivelant of gangs. You would have one friend who you do errens for, and gain respect from. Also if you started fights the guards would pound on you severly, but only if they were in view of it. You have to become the main gang in the prison before you escape. As you gain respect from the fellow inmates they become your friends, and as they are released they help you in various ways.
Snowball Fights - In snowy areas you should be able to make and throw snowballs, and have snowball fights.
More Complete Mini-Games - Games like pool and basketball should be fully fledged games in their own right. There should be a story surrounding each to involve the character. For example, as you build up your pool skill you enter completitions and become state champion. This goes for the golf game, and the stuntman missions, aswell as most other mini-games.
Ability to talk to pedestrians in the same way you do to gang members.
More Interactive Landscape - Ability to pick anything up and use it as weapons, such as trash cans. Also have a magnet on a helicopter, and anything metal would be attracted to it. This can be taken to the scrap metal yard and sold.
Viking Boat - If I'm right this is the biggest tanker in the world. This should be in the game, and you have to blow it up in a mission. As it is an oil tanker it would make for a good cutscene.
Taxi Drivers - Here you get into a taxi, and when asked where you want to go the map comes up. You then put a marker where you want to go, and the driver takes you there. There is the option to skip the journey, and end up at your destination. This feature would be essential because of the sheer size of the map.
Grafiti - Have a system like in THUG 2, where you can make your own logo. These earn you respect.
Barrack OL - If you steal this then you can fit around 20 gang members in it.
THX Soundtrack - Imagine how amazing it would be to have a soundtrack and sounds to the standard of THX.
People should be in the helicopters, flying them, and shooting from them. If you snipe the shooter then it stops shooting, and if oyu shoot the pilot then it crashes. Also you should be able to shoot out search lights. Helicopters should have a weak point, such as the tail, or the rotor, and if you shoot it it will not be able to fly properly.
Diving - You should be able to dive into water rather than just jump, and the smoother it is the deeper you go when you enter the water. Also if you just jump in from a certain heaight, you will die.
Car Registration - Here you can take a car of yours to an organisation like the DSA, and register it. You can pick the registration, and after that it appears in front of your house. This would be very expensive, so to keep its appeal. Also, this cannot be done with vehicles the like Rhino until the game has been completed.
New Fighting System - When fighting someone one on one, you can choose an area on which to concentrate on. Once injured it will hinder them, for example if you injured their arm then they would not punch as well. Also if you were using a weapon then it too would focus on this area. If shot then it would hinder them, or if a machete or sword is used then that body part will be dismembered.
MELEE 1 (hand-to-hand):
MELEE 2 (non-flexible):
-Tai Chi (another chinese sword)
MELEE 3 (flexible):
-Flail (spiked mace with chain)
-Mac 10 Ingram
-M4 High Tech Sniper
-Tear Gas Grenade
-LAW Rocket Launcher
-Stinger Rocket Launcher
-AT-4 Rocket Launcher
-M203 Grenade Launcher
-M79 Grenade Launcher
-MM1 Grenade Launcher
-Laser Pointer (blue, green, or red)
-High Tech Scope
-Legs (for mounting)
-Attachable Grenade Launcher
Mafia Disciple Gangsterz - 4 - Ever.
- Mafia Disciple Boyz - 4 - Lyfe.
- Mafia Disciple Girlz - 4 - Lyfe.