History Lesson Tin Tan Pachuco

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

History Lesson Tin Tan Pachuco

Unread post by Kemosave » July 10th, 2005, 5:28 pm

I ran across an old pachuco from the thirties today at church (he's 73) that used to run with Tin Tan. He had a picture of him with Tin Tan back in 1938. Guy can talk about the Pachucos too. He lived it for a long time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_Tan

Germán Valdés (September 19, 1915 - June 29, 1973), better known as Tin-Tan, was a Mexican actor, singer and comedian. He often displayed the pachuco dress and employed pachuco slang in many of his movies, some with his brothers Loco Valdes and Ramón Valdés. He made famous the spanglish, a mixture of spanish and english in speech based on that of mexican inmigrants.

He usually acted with his sidekick, El Carnal Marcelo, who also accompanied Tin Tan with a guitar. He was a very important figure during his golden years of movie making, from 1949. His 1953 movie, Calabacitas tiernas, a comedy, was chosen as one of the best in mexican cinema.

He has the record of having kissed the most actresses in his career, some of them the beauties of their day. Some of his co-stars were Marga López and Rosita Quintana.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » July 19th, 2005, 10:51 pm

Guess I'll have to interview the old pachuco and post the picture for the forum. Many interesting facts to uncover.

Forza Romana

Unread post by Forza Romana » July 20th, 2005, 11:01 pm

Tin Tan was classic. I love his legacy.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » July 20th, 2005, 11:39 pm

I'm going to interview this old pachuco that ran with him in the 30's. What questions would you like to see asked?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » July 21st, 2005, 5:59 pm

Kemosave wrote:I'm going to interview this old pachuco that ran with him in the 30's. What questions would you like to see asked?
1 - Wether the Pachuco evolved equally out of both La Capital & El Chuco.
2 - How much did other ethnic groups contributed to the "zoot suit".
3 - What were the earliest times/years that the use of the name/word/phrase "Pachuco" came to be used for Mexicans and/or Mexican-Americans.
4 - What were the differences in style between La Capital Pachucos & those from the Borderlands.
5 - Does he know any facts about the early lowrider style & crusin'.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » July 21st, 2005, 9:18 pm

Excellent. Any others. My intention is to include a brief bio and a good picture of him with Tin Tan running in LA back in the day :) Lord willing. I think he is. Peace.

chini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

u gotta do it

Unread post by chini » July 23rd, 2005, 1:04 pm

Kemosave wrote:Excellent. Any others. My intention is to include a brief bio and a good picture of him with Tin Tan running in LA back in the day :) Lord willing. I think he is. Peace.
can't wait to see this article Kemosave, and please ask him what he thinks about the youth today, suerte! chau. LaC

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » July 26th, 2005, 11:10 am

Kemosave wrote:Excellent. Any others. My intention is to include a brief bio and a good picture of him with Tin Tan running in LA back in the day :) Lord willing. I think he is. Peace.
*Ask him how much the pachucos were influenced by the black jazz culture of the 30's, which originated on the east coast. I doubt if he'll be totally honest, truth be told...

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » July 26th, 2005, 11:16 am

TheReal wrote:
*Ask him how much the pachucos were influenced by the black jazz culture of the 30's, which originated on the east coast. I doubt if he'll be totally honest, truth be told...
Also, the black jazz and swing culture, influenced the pachuco and filipino cultures, at the time.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » July 26th, 2005, 5:00 pm

I will ask him and we shall see what he says. I will certainly TRY to get the truth out of him. That's for sure.

istekse818
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: san fernando

Re: History Lesson Tin Tan Pachuco

Unread post by istekse818 » August 30th, 2013, 11:42 am

So...what did he say?

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”