MARAFIOSOS ~ THE GREENLIGHT GANG

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

MARAFIOSOS ~ THE GREENLIGHT GANG

Unread post by Lonewolf » May 23rd, 2005, 7:53 pm

THE GREENLIGHT GANG

The war between MARAVILLA and La eMe has been raging since the early 90s. If you remember your eMe history, carnales were sent forth to organize all SOxCAL Varrios under the Sureño flag. Part of the deal was that all Sureños had to pay taxes to the carnales under penalty of death. Almost all Varrios, either willingly or grudgingly fell into line with the program and kicked up.

But there were holdouts who basically told La eME to pound sand. La Mara Salvatrucha was one of those that declared themselves tax-free zones and immediately felt the heat. The MaraVilla Varrios also became tax-free and they were later followed by Lowell Street.
As result the EME declared these Varrios as ALWAYS VERDE, giving every Sureño the green light to take care of any vatos from these non-tax-payers.

With open war declared, the hard core tax-rebels decided on some get even, and eventually any greenlight gang member who raised his hand to take care of a Sureño or a carnal became known as a “MARAFIOSO,” a moniker of distinction. A select few of those hard-core MARAFIOSOS have now becomed known as the GREENLIGHT GANG, and they are essentially a secret society whose members are known only to each other.

Lowell Street & Las MaraVillas over time have been streghtened by others, with close to 20 EAST SIDE Varrios being said to contribute members to the GREENLIGHT GANG.
Claimed to be among those Varrios are said to be - East Side 18th ST, East Side Clover, and Cypress Park, making North East L.A. a hotbed of rebellion against the tax and edicts coming from La eMe.

The GREENLIGHT GANG is deep undercover and business is kept secret from the rank and file members of their own Varrios, and as an extra measure of security, the shooters in the GREENLIGHT GANG take pictures of themselves standing together, this in order to discourage defection back to the Sureño side or betrayal to the carnales.

Its a DAVID and GOLIATH struggle. The carnales and Sureños have the numbers on their side together with a lot of control inside and outside, but on the other hand, a gang of hard-core shooters who can maintain a high level of secrecy and operate undercover, can become a problem for the carnales.

The Greenlight Gang is becoming the vanguard movement from the East Side, which may well over time recruit enough members to openly defy La eMe.

The infamous Vietnamese Leader HO CHI MINH once said that a tiger can defeat an elephant.

“All he has to do is bite the elephant hard once a day and run.”

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 15th, 2005, 7:25 pm

Was OSL Opal Street Locos also greenlight?

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » June 15th, 2005, 7:32 pm

I don't get it. What happens when the GREENLIGHT GANG members end up going to jail or the pen?

Who they gonna roll with then?

562_HOMIE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 562_HOMIE » July 26th, 2005, 8:38 am

Thats some true stuff LF. I've heard of those varios you mentioned giving the greenlighters help. Doesn't 18th ST want to break off the 13 just like the MSs, they got stories that have been flying all around sur califas.
Its kind of funny East LA started this whole thing and now East LA wants to trun on it?

MARTINEZ.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ. » August 1st, 2005, 1:00 am

MY 5 CENTS...

THE CORRECT TERM IS "MARAVILLOSOS"

I AIN'T NEVER HEARD OF MARAFIOSOS... TRUST ME, I'M ALL EAST LOS.

ALSO, THERE ARE STILL PLENTY OF SURENO GANGS IN EAST LOS...

ORALE.
MARTINEZ

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 1st, 2005, 1:19 pm

I really don't know how all this plays out anymore to tell you the truth, but when I speak with people from N.E.L.A. in particular, I get the impression that La eMe's edicts don't really play out too much on the every day regular Varrio members, it mostly plays out with those in the business and running the stores, and when you have whole clikas, like the ones from the AVENUES being supported heavely by La eMe because of the revenue they generate, then other Varrios who are not into all that play in their neighborhoods, get to thinking as to just who is benefiting the most off all this? Themselves or their next door enemies? Several times vatos have told me that La eMe is irrelevant to their daily on the outside, and that not many people give much attention, at least those that still hold true to their Varrio 1st. Others have told me that La eMe in fact creates dissension within Varrios by pitting Homies versus Homies, and clikas versus clikas, such as what is going down in the Harbor Area, still others claim that La eMe did not have their back versus their enemies on account of business relations taking precedent over backing up La Raza.
And in casual conversations with older Homies who I still run into every now and then, the feeling goes that La eMe tries to call more and more shots in their neighborhoods, more so even than the Varrio structure in their meetings and such.

La eMe was created to protect La Raza from others in the priosn system, during a time when others called the shots inside La Torcida/The Walls. But now La eMe has becomed more of a real Mafia of traffickers and dealers, creating an empire on the outside that cuts into the nostalgic views of many Varrios, and sets the homies on a path of undiciplined warfare, all in the name of feria, forgetting about their culture and what it brings to their neighborhoods. The veteranos of the 70s dropped the ball with chiva/carga, many recuperated from it after their stints and wounds, but it was too late to save the later generations, who lost their soul to the carnage which followed under the false name of TRUE GANGSTERS.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » August 5th, 2005, 6:39 am

History always repeats - sounds like a condensed version of the Sicilian Mafia in a sense in that the Cosa Nostra began life to protect landless peasants from unscrupulous landowners. Different story, but the same ends. Goes sour on the community, simple as.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » February 4th, 2007, 12:59 pm

What...ESClovers and CypressxPark dont pay taxes? But they still claim southside? Sup with that, how does that work? Someone from ESClovers told me when he gets locked up he rolls with the Pai Sas. I dont know if that goes for his whole hood, does anyone know?

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » February 4th, 2007, 1:02 pm

How does paying taxes work anyway? How do you get to claim the South Side?

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » February 4th, 2007, 1:03 pm

NikexCortez wrote:How does paying taxes work anyway? How do you get to claim the South Side?
I meant...How does your gang get to claim South Side?

FLACO TSTX3
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by FLACO TSTX3 » February 4th, 2007, 11:17 pm

Lonewolf wrote:Was OSL Opal Street Locos also greenlight?

YEAH OPAL IS A GREENLIGHT GANG NOW TOO.
THEY REPLACED THE NUMBER 13 WITH 15.
THEY CLAIM THE NUMBER 15 NOW SINCE "O" IS THE 15TH LETTER IN THE ALPHABET.

OPAL STREET LOCOS 15 [OSL15] OR OST15
THEY ALSO CALL THEMSELVES "QUINCANEROS" LOL.

elmwoodero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: east los angeles

Re: MARAFIOSOS ~ THE GREENLIGHT GANG

Unread post by elmwoodero » August 14th, 2008, 11:39 pm

it is a dangerous game to be talking about this in the open, you might just piss of both side... no disrespect,,but there is no such thing as politically correct...

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re:

Unread post by twocost » September 4th, 2008, 3:35 pm

MARTINEZ. wrote:MY 5 CENTS...

THE CORRECT TERM IS "MARAVILLOSOS"

I AIN'T NEVER HEARD OF MARAFIOSOS... TRUST ME, I'M ALL EAST LOS.

ALSO, THERE ARE STILL PLENTY OF SURENO GANGS IN EAST LOS...

ORALE.
MARTINEZ
MARAVILLOSOS yeah, but I've never heard of Marafiosos. And the SUR 13 gangs in EAST LA are out numbered by Maravilla gangs big time. Maravilla is over 3/4 of east la. If they wern't to busy beefin it with eachother and dropped the internal heat then the SUR 13 gangs would be really really fucked. I wounder what would happen then.
Dr. Gonzo wrote:I don't get it. What happens when the GREENLIGHT GANG members end up going to jail or the pen?

Who they gonna roll with then?
They fucked.

elmwoodero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: east los angeles

Unread post by elmwoodero » September 7th, 2008, 4:21 pm

maravilla is big, but no way in hell are they bigger then sur 13 in east l.a., not sure where you got your info, but your way off base. sur 13 is by far bigger then you can estimate.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » September 9th, 2008, 9:01 am

elmwoodero wrote:maravilla is big, but no way in hell are they bigger then sur 13 in east l.a., not sure where you got your info, but your way off base. sur 13 is by far bigger then you can estimate.
EAST LOS proper is made up of both Unicorporated and Boyle Heights –

if you coun’t both Unicorporated and Boyle Heights –there are a more SUR varrios than MV varrios

because there are NO Maravilla gangs in Boyle Heights

But

In Unicorporated - EAST LOS – Yes, there are more Maravilla gangs than SUR gangs

MARAVILLA VARRIOS
1. Arizona MaraVilla (AMV, AZAMV)
2. El Hoyo MaraVilla (HMV)
3. Fisher Street Locos MaraVilla (FSLMV)
4. Ford MaraVilla (FMV)
5. Fraser MaraVilla (FRMV)
6. Gage MaraVilla (GMV)
7. High Times MaraVilla (HTS MV)
8. Juarez MaraVilla (JMV)
9. Lote MaraVilla (LMR)
10. Lopez MaraVilla (LMV)
11. Lomita MaraVilla (LMA MV, LA MV)
12. Marianna MaraVilla
13. Moeriya MaraVilla
14. Pomeroy MaraVilla
15. Maravilla Projects (MVP)
16. Raskals MaraVilla
17. MaraVilla Rifa
18. Rock MaraVilla (RMV)

SUR VARRIOS
1. Choppers 12
2. City Terrace 13
3. Geraghty Loma 13 (GL13)
4. Indiana Dukes, 13 (IDKS 13)
5. King Kobras 13 (KK 13)
6. Laguna Park 13 (LPV 13)
7. Little Valley (LVR)
8. THE LOTT 13 (TLS13)
9. Winter Gardens (WG)
10. Stoners 13 Locos

• East Los Angeles 13 Dukes /Whittier Blvd (ELA 13) Defunct

• Hicks Street 13 – NON factor

• And of all these SUR varrios …..Only THE LOTT 13 Gang goes at it hard vs all the Maravilla gangs !!

• Geraghty Loma would be a far, far 2nd place of SUR varrios that bang vs MV gangs

OG Redbone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re:

Unread post by OG Redbone » December 10th, 2008, 9:59 am

FLACO TSTX3 wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:Was OSL Opal Street Locos also greenlight?

YEAH OPAL IS A GREENLIGHT GANG NOW TOO.
THEY REPLACED THE NUMBER 13 WITH 15.
THEY CLAIM THE NUMBER 15 NOW SINCE "O" IS THE 15TH LETTER IN THE ALPHABET.

OPAL STREET LOCOS 15 [OSL15] OR OST15
THEY ALSO CALL THEMSELVES "QUINCANEROS" LOL.
THEY SAID FUCK THAT SHIT (HUH)

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”