TRUE CRIME-NYC PICS TOO

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

TRUE CRIME-NYC PICS TOO

Unread post by 100 » September 27th, 2005, 5:29 pm

True Crime: Streets of L.A. was arguably the most successful games inspired by the Grand Theft Auto series. It boasted 240 square miles of Los Angeles, with every street however big or small present inside. It was an action packed drama-filled storyline that told the story of Nick Kang and also had consequences for every action you made - even as insignificant as stopping a random street thug. It also featured an impressive and massive soundtrack that can easily rival the best games out there. Expanding on this success, Luxoflux has taking the elements that made True Crime: Streets of L.A. the success it was, and expanded on them to create a well-anticipated sequel. This time, set in the Big Apple, True Crime intends to take you through an experience that makes you feel like living a movie.

While Nick Kang may be a thing of the past, there is a successor to take his place. Marcus Reed, a rogue street cop that resembles Kang on a personality level. If you remember from the past, Kang was a cop with a bad streak. While he may have had good intentions, he had no qualms about doing anything, no matter how extreme, to further his cause. He also was a snarky individual with one-liners that were downright annoying. Reed may be a more likeable hero than Kang but he is just as tough. He is a rare breed of police officer as he has the dubious distinction of being an ex-con. And unlike Martin Lawrence playing Miles Logan in the movie Blue Streak, Reed isn't just masquerading as a cop but rather it is his job every single day.

The story revolves around Reed's quest to find the murderer of his mentor and bring him to justice. Whether that justice is to Reed's discretion or the law remains to be seen, however. You will discover things about Marcus' past and clean up Manhattan while you are at it. Just like the first True Crime, you can choose to do it as a law-abiding police officer or an out-of-control reckless time-bomb. You can apparently extort, interrogate, search and seize. I hope the searching is a lot more accurate and realistic. In the first True Crime, it seemed as everyone, especially nearly every single little old frail grandma, had illegal drugs on them. If you had played as a bad cop and wanted to go to the good side, random street searches could get you there incredibly fast. It didn't seem to make any sense at all.

One of the best parts of True Crime was the fully detailed and accurately constructed city of Los Angeles. If you knew the city and its streets, you had a big advantage in the game. Any street or shortcut you've used in real life is accessible in the game. True Crime: New York City does not disappoint in that aspect. It boasts a completely recreated Manhattan, including famous landmarks, the entire subway system, and real neighborhoods from Hell's Kitchen to Times Square. The streets are GPS-accurate so if you are a native New Yorker or have been in the area repeatedly, you will be able to cruise around with ease.

[img]http://ps2media.gamespy.com/ps2/image/a ... 108977.jpg[/img]

[img]http://ps2media.gamespy.com/ps2/image/a ... 109352.jpg[/img]

[img]http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/art ... 93-000.jpg[/img]

[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/artic ... 347581.jpg[/img]

[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/artic ... 829056.jpg[/img]

[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/artic ... 046668.jpg[/img]

[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/artic ... 042262.jpg[/img]

[img]http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/art ... 220234.jpg[/img]

THOUGH THE GRAPHS ARE SHADY A LITTLE BIT IT KICKS GTA IN THE ASS FROM AFAR THATS MY OPINION I LIKE REAL stuff OVER FAIRY TALE CITIES

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » September 27th, 2005, 5:58 pm

do it got all the pj's das in manhattan?

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » September 27th, 2005, 6:06 pm

Q wrote:do it got all the pj's das in manhattan?

ONE SITE I READ SAID ITS EVERY SQ MILE IN NY SO IM PRETTY SURE IT DOES BUT ALL I KNOW ITS KILLING GTA

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » September 28th, 2005, 8:16 pm

fucking bananas

BlueCadillaC167
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueCadillaC167 » October 3rd, 2005, 2:30 pm

Does this game only take place in 42nd st?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 3rd, 2005, 5:35 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^ DO YOU SEE THAT GAS PRICE?!?!?!

LOL is that what it really is in NY right now?!?! In L.A., it's more like $2.90, some places going to $3.00 JUST FOR REGULAR! Pretty soon I'm gonna have to buy IRregular gas, this is ridiculous.

I know he isn't gonna be the most popular guy on thsi site, but Bill O'Reilly (if you watched his show recently) has been really critical of the gas and oil industires for ripping off the American public, and saying that several professors have proven wrong their claims that their prices are based ont he market, saying they take advantages of the public's lack of market knowledge (example - They raised the gas prices ridiculously in the south to $5.00 a gallon right after the Hurricane although the market was barely affected).

He thinks that the industry should set an example by sacraficing 10% of just it's profit margin, they make trillions every day, they are just ripping everyone off.

peace
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by peace » October 4th, 2005, 9:02 am

i hate true crime streets of la because only a streetnames are real but everything else not! they just say it's like real nyc but it doesn't..

but i like the getaways because london feels realistic. i've been there so i know what i'm talking about..

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » October 6th, 2005, 7:06 pm

peace wrote:i hate true crime streets of la because only a streetnames are real but everything else not! they just say it's like real nyc but it doesn't..

but i like the getaways because london feels realistic. i've been there so i know what i'm talking about..

YEAH YOUR RIGHT BUT IN THE 1ST GETAWAY THEY DID NOT EVEN HAVE THE SUBWAY TRAINS AND EVERYTHING ESLE THEY PUT IN BLACK MONDAY I STILL THINK THEY ARE MISSING THINGS IN GLACK MONDAY

Crash
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Crash » October 8th, 2005, 2:58 pm

[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/artic ... 829056.jpg[/img]

^^^^SO IM GUESSIN THEY GOONA ADD THEM FAKE NYC BLOODS AND CRIPS IN THIS GAME TOO RIGHT?

corn
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by corn » October 8th, 2005, 3:18 pm

thats wat i thought that picture was of a ny crip gang member but they might not i also thought that was a pic of that dude u play with

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » October 8th, 2005, 4:00 pm

Crash wrote:[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/artic ... 829056.jpg[/img]

^^^^SO IM GUESSIN THEY GOONA ADD THEM FAKE NYC BLOODS AND CRIPS IN THIS GAME TOO RIGHT?
Yeah thats kinda funny they didnt add the real crips and bloods in LA and didnt put the hood in, but in this game it looks like there puting hte hood in and NY crips and bloods which aint shit compared to the LA ones...

Maniac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Maniac » October 8th, 2005, 6:22 pm

This is probably the biggest GTA rip off in the gaming industry and ur right LA Bloods and Crips cannot be copied.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » October 10th, 2005, 5:19 pm

Maniac wrote:This is probably the biggest GTA rip off in the gaming industry and ur right LA Bloods and Crips cannot be copied.

GTA IS NOT ACCURATE AND HAVE MADE UP NAMES FOR EVRYTHING EVEN THE CARS SA GRAPHICS WERE NOT THAT TIGHT AND NOT ALL THAT REALISTIC!

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » October 10th, 2005, 5:20 pm

IF IT IS A RIP OFF TO GTA AND IS BETTER GTA WILL HAVE TO STEP ITS GAME UP CAUSE MORE GAME COMPANYS ARE DOING BIG THINGS WITH URBAN CRIME GAMES

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 12th, 2005, 3:38 pm

Hey I just saw "Lord of War", and realized, this is the place where the dude keeps a boxcar as a office, right? In Brooklyn.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » November 16th, 2005, 11:22 am

WHO HAS PLAYED THIS GAME YET?

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » November 16th, 2005, 11:26 am

End Violence NOW wrote:
100 wrote:Image
Hey I just saw "Lord of War", and realized, this is the place where the dude keeps a boxcar as a office, right? In Brooklyn.
No there are a hundred places that look like that in both Manhattan and the Boros. Where Nicolas Cage was from was Brighton Beach which is a high density Russian neighborhood that's on the far edge of Brooklyn.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » November 16th, 2005, 3:41 pm

Anyone got this , is it worth buying ?

North Face
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by North Face » November 18th, 2005, 2:21 pm

looks good.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » November 18th, 2005, 4:07 pm

North Face wrote:looks good.

i take it you bought it?

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » November 20th, 2005, 8:28 pm

i had to get this shit

u can drive to my block ;) 8th ave (fredrick douglass) and 146th
its almost true to life, they missing lil shit here and there
all the projects are in the right place

the game is wack tho - mad complicated, gets unfun quick

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 21st, 2005, 12:07 am

purplecityhello wrote:i had to get this shit

u can drive to my block ;) 8th ave (fredrick douglass) and 146th
its almost true to life, they missing lil shit here and there
all the projects are in the right place

the game is wack tho - mad complicated, gets unfun quick
I know someone that has the game I will check it out

The street/building names are all the same right?

North Face
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by North Face » November 22nd, 2005, 4:13 pm

100 wrote:
North Face wrote:looks good.

i take it you bought it?
naw not yet, but hopefully uma cop it l8r.

Guage12
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guage12 » November 22nd, 2005, 11:19 pm

I aint really into "gaming" n shit but i've played both GTA and this True crime shit, true crime dont even compare its a big time rip off. GTA to me is the only tight games out there.

Quickdraw
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Quickdraw » November 23rd, 2005, 11:30 am

I thought Manhattan was a safe ass borough? WTF

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 23rd, 2005, 12:41 pm

Quickdraw wrote:I thought Manhattan was a safe ass borough? WTF
That is like saying you though Hollywood was safe but then there is North Hollywood. Any big city is like that, there is good and bad parts.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » November 23rd, 2005, 1:23 pm

End Violence NOW wrote:
That is like saying you though Hollywood was safe but then there is North Hollywood. Any big city is like that, there is good and bad parts.

DEPENDS WHAT PART,

5W 64TH STREET IS WHERE I STAYED AT WHEN I STAYED A COUPLE OF DAYS THERE ITS IN THE CETRAL PARK AREA IT WAS REAL NICE

not_the_one
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by not_the_one » December 6th, 2005, 4:46 pm

Heres a hin on how to get the heat on the rouge meter of ur tail with 1 tap of a button:

U ready??? Here we go!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Flash ur badge.

not_the_one
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by not_the_one » December 6th, 2005, 4:51 pm

Ma bad, i screwed up with the verbal cordex on that 1, heres a hint:

To get ur rouge meter to lower with all the heat off, u have to flash ur badge, n' to flash ur badge u have to press "Select" on the ps2 dualshock 2 controller, reminds me of somethin, everytime a cop starts to shoot at me just cause i didnt flash the badge during a crime if i took ma gun out, i flash the badge so he would stop shooting, get in a good position, n' blow him away any way i want, lethal(red), normal(green) or even nutralising(blue). Damn it i am not a good gamer, but i beat the major cases within a week. N' yes i used cheats.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » December 6th, 2005, 7:20 pm

100 wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:

DEPENDS WHAT PART,

5W 64TH STREET IS WHERE I STAYED AT WHEN I STAYED A COUPLE OF DAYS THERE ITS IN THE CETRAL PARK AREA IT WAS REAL NICE
ever heard of a lil place called Harlem?

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » December 8th, 2005, 4:41 pm

purplecityhello wrote:
100 wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:

DEPENDS WHAT PART,

ever heard of a lil place called Harlem?

HELL YEA I BEEN THERE BUT I WAS NOT WALKING UP AND DOWN BLOCKS I TRIED TO STAY AT THE Y ON 135TH BUT THEY HAD A CONTRACT WITH SOME COLLEGE SO I HAD TO GO TO THE OTHER YMCA HOSTEL. PEOPLE EVERYWHERE YOU TURN SOMETIMES WHEN I WAS THERE I COULD NOT SEE HOW CATS COULD SELL WEED ON THE STREETS AND AND ANY1 COULD BE ACOP. EVEN WHEN I WAS @ THE GREY HOUND NOT EVEN 20 MIN AFTERING ARRIVEING IN NY BUS TERMINAL A UNDERCOVER WHITE COP FLIP HIS BADGE OUT AT MY COUSIN AND TOLD HIM TO COME WITH HIM, THE COP THOUGHT HE WAS UNDERAGE OR SOME SHIT!