Stanley Tookie Williams will be sentenced to death this year

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.

Stanley Tookie Williams will be sentenced to death this year

Postby @1 » October 21st, 2005, 9:55 pm

UPDATE: 10/26/05 - The below post is not my writing. This was posted somewhere else and I am just putting it here


On October 11, the US Supreme Court declared that it will not hear the case of Stanley Tookie Williams, the most famous inmate on San Quentin's death row.

Last February, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals turned down Stan's request for a new hearing by a vote of 15 to 9. A decision was originally expected last week, but the court delayed, reportedly to allow its new Chief Justice an opportunity to weigh in on the case. Now it has spoken in no uncertain terms. Welcome to the racist Roberts' court.


The office of California State Attorney General Bill Lockyer has announced
December 13th, 2005, as the execution date for Stan Tookie Williams. The
countdown to a legal lynching has begun, and the only thing that can stop it is a massive campaign by Stan's thousands of supporters around the state and around the world.

The State of California is also going to set execution dates for two other
death row prisoners: Clarence Ray Allen (January 17th) and Michales Morales (in February). They want to start up the racist execution machine in California, but we are going to halt it!
Last edited by admin on October 27th, 2005, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
@1
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 6949
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Afghanistan
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Postby WIP » October 22nd, 2005, 3:56 am

d@mn right before Xmas
User avatar
WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 778
Joined: July 17th, 2003, 10:15 pm
Location: State Hoppin

Postby streetsIswatchin » October 22nd, 2005, 4:35 am

what was he convicted for? and what crip gang was he from? i know he and another guy started the crips, so maybe he wasnt from a specific crip set, anyone know?
streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 704
Joined: October 7th, 2005, 1:57 am
Location: compton

Postby SkoobyDoo » October 22nd, 2005, 7:30 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:what was he convicted for? and what crip gang was he from? i know he and another guy started the crips, so maybe he wasnt from a specific crip set, anyone know?


I think the set he was in became the 107 Hoovers later on. But there was only two in the beginning...Westside Crips and Eastside Crips.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing, all-powerful God, who creates faulty humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes."
--Gene Roddenberry
User avatar
SkoobyDoo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 686
Joined: May 27th, 2005, 5:43 pm
Location: Indy

Postby Crash » October 22nd, 2005, 10:19 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:what was he convicted for? and what crip gang was he from? i know he and another guy started the crips, so maybe he wasnt from a specific crip set, anyone know?


I think he killed maybe 4 people.
Crash
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
 
Posts: 53
Joined: December 12th, 2004, 1:46 pm

Postby @1 » October 23rd, 2005, 12:53 am

we was from West Side Crips, back then in the early 1970s, there were not many of the sets that exist today, but he was convicted of killing 4 people in their house, non- gang related while he was high on sherm.


Ofcourse he is denying it, but many sherm heads, PCP, and angel dust users, cant recall the severity of their crimes and in some cases dont even remember doing it.
User avatar
@1
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 6949
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Afghanistan
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Postby MiChuhSuh » October 23rd, 2005, 9:30 am

alonso wrote:we was from West Side Crips, back then in the early 1970s, there were not many of the sets that exist today, but he was convicted of killing 4 people in their house, non- gang related while he was high on sherm.


Ofcourse he is denying it, but many sherm heads, PCP, and angel dust users, cant recall the severity of their crimes and in some cases dont even remember doing it.


So you are protesting this execution because you are against all executions and not because you believe he is innocent?

Some people here act like he didn't do anything and that the sentencing was racist, but I think it's common sense he must have killed a lot of people.

So is the issue execution or is this just about Tookie?
MiChuhSuh
 

Postby Dunn » October 24th, 2005, 12:50 pm

Dude rehabilitated and got the nobel peace prize I think we can let him off with life in prison instead of the death penaly... I dispute the fact that it was an all white jury.
Dunn
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
 
Posts: 99
Joined: August 22nd, 2005, 12:11 pm

Postby MiChuhSuh » October 24th, 2005, 4:19 pm

Dunn wrote:Dude rehabilitated and got the nobel peace prize I think we can let him off with life in prison instead of the death penaly... I dispute the fact that it was an all white jury.


I know it's sounds wrong, and maybe it is, but the only way you can argue your case is if you say the death penalty itself is unconstitutional, and you would have to argue this through the "cruel and unusual punishment" clause.

Because technically, if the death penalty is valid, there can be no "cutting people breaks," the sentence is made and can only be changed by a challenge. But there is nothing to constitutionally dispute here; if they say the reason is that the jury was all white, then that would be racial discrimination of the jury, a seriously unconstitutional offense (and besides, the jury is agreed upon by both sides).

And why can't we just say he learned his lesson and let it go? Only the governor or President can do that, and can do that ONLY if the person is belived to be innocent of the crime, and I doubt anyone seriously thinks Tookie never committed murders. Once in a while, cases like this come up where it would be nice to let some sort of almighty, above-the-law person make exceptions, but then the same power could be corrupted with crime lords working with these officials, as seen throughout history.
MiChuhSuh
 

Postby @1 » October 24th, 2005, 4:22 pm

Dunn wrote:Dude rehabilitated and got the nobel peace prize I think we can let him off with life in prison instead of the death penaly... I dispute the fact that it was an all white jury.



In Los Angeles, most black defendants are convicted by black jurys. I dont know the make up of Stanley William's jury, because that was back in 1981 when he was convicted, but my bet was that there were Blacks on that jury, and when you are convicted for 4 murders, they wont give a life sentence.

Do you know any one convicted of 4 murders that got a life sentence in California? Scott Peterson was sentenced to death for killing 2 persons, one that was not born yet.

Stanley will be the first gang member ever executed in California, there a a couple dozen other gang members on death row waiting for their date.
User avatar
@1
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 6949
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Afghanistan
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Postby Common Sense » October 24th, 2005, 8:59 pm

alonso wrote:Stanley will be the first gang member ever executed in California, there a a couple dozen other gang members on death row waiting for their date.

This may open up the flood gates for 2006.
User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Postby MiChuhSuh » October 24th, 2005, 10:04 pm

alonso wrote:
Dunn wrote:Dude rehabilitated and got the nobel peace prize I think we can let him off with life in prison instead of the death penaly... I dispute the fact that it was an all white jury.



In Los Angeles, most black defendants are convicted by black jurys. I dont know the make up of Stanley William's jury, because that was back in 1981 when he was convicted, but my bet was that there were Blacks on that jury, and when you are convicted for 4 murders, they wont give a life sentence.

Do you know any one convicted of 4 murders that got a life sentence in California? Scott Peterson was sentenced to death for killing 2 persons, one that was not born yet.

Stanley will be the first gang member ever executed in California, there a a couple dozen other gang members on death row waiting for their date.


Then why did you earlier say that this was part of "racist Robert's court" when you yourself think this was due to how many murders he was convicted of?
MiChuhSuh
 

Postby Common Sense » October 26th, 2005, 10:06 am

Date of Scheduled Execution: December 13, 2005
State: California
Victims Names: Albert Lewis Owens, 23, Thsai-Shai, Yen-I-Yang, Yee Chen Lin
Inmates Name: Stanley Williams
Status: Pending

The Supreme Court refused Tuesday to take the case of California death row inmate Stanley "Tookie" Williams, a founder of the Crips street gang whose later work for peace won him Nobel Peace Prize nominations. Williams, who has been praised for his children's books and efforts to curtail youth gang violence, likely will be executed in December if Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger does not grant clemency. The 51-year-old former gang member claims Los Angeles County prosecutors violated his rights when they dismissed all potential black jurors.

Williams, who claims he is innocent, was condemned for killing four people in 1981 and claims jailhouse informants fabricated testimony that he confessed to the murders.

"I don't think his guilt is an issue anybody has taken seriously,'' says former prosecutor Martin. "I think Williams has had no concern for anybody else's life except his own. When people go to San Quentin, they get San Quentinitis. I don't find it unusual he might have regrets now about being the co-founder of one of the worst gangs in America.''

"We are the ones that have been waiting 24 years for justice to be served," says Rebecca Owens Vaul, Albert Owens' daughter. "I find it beyond bad taste that the man that killed my father has been nominated for not one, but two Nobel Peace Prizes. I would like to be able to see my father's grave and tell him that the man that took him away from us has finally been brought to justice."

Click here and scroll pass four names, for the full story:
http://www.prodeathpenalty.com/Pending/05/dec05.htm
User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Postby Anonymous20 » October 26th, 2005, 7:27 pm

End Violence NOW wrote:
alonso wrote:
Dunn wrote:Dude rehabilitated and got the nobel peace prize I think we can let him off with life in prison instead of the death penaly... I dispute the fact that it was an all white jury.



In Los Angeles, most black defendants are convicted by black jurys. I dont know the make up of Stanley William's jury, because that was back in 1981 when he was convicted, but my bet was that there were Blacks on that jury, and when you are convicted for 4 murders, they wont give a life sentence.

Do you know any one convicted of 4 murders that got a life sentence in California? Scott Peterson was sentenced to death for killing 2 persons, one that was not born yet.

Stanley will be the first gang member ever executed in California, there a a couple dozen other gang members on death row waiting for their date.


Then why did you earlier say that this was part of "racist Robert's court" when you yourself think this was due to how many murders he was convicted of?



where did i say that? i think you got me confused with someone elses post.
Anonymous20
 

Re: Stanley Tookie Williams will be sentenced to death this

Postby MiChuhSuh » October 27th, 2005, 5:46 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's in this quote, but then you might have been quoting someone else in this post so my bad if you didn't say that:

alonso wrote:On October 11, the US Supreme Court declared that it will not hear the case of Stanley Tookie Williams, the most famous inmate on San Quentin's death row.

Last February, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals turned down Stan's request for a new hearing by a vote of 15 to 9. A decision was originally expected last week, but the court delayed, reportedly to allow its new Chief Justice an opportunity to weigh in on the case. Now it has spoken in no uncertain terms. Welcome to the racist Roberts' court.


The office of California State Attorney General Bill Lockyer has announced
December 13th, 2005, as the execution date for Stan Tookie Williams. The
countdown to a legal lynching has begun, and the only thing that can stop it is a massive campaign by Stan's thousands of supporters around the state and around the world.

The State of California is also going to set execution dates for two other
death row prisoners: Clarence Ray Allen (January 17th) and Michales Morales (in February). They want to start up the racist execution machine in California, but we are going to halt it!



But yeah, he obviously killed many people even if you don't count those four murders, so the real issue is execution itself. But him claiming to be innocent doesn't help anyone be convinced that he is trying to gain "redemption" and changed his views. If he would have plead guilty and then done all of that regretting stuff, and apologized for the murders instead of saying this is a false charge, then I think that the Governor would be more willing to grant clemency, since it shows reasonable cause for a lesser punishment.
MiChuhSuh
 

Postby @1 » October 27th, 2005, 8:00 pm

i dont think that Stanley Tookie Williams killed before, because as many people know, most gang members get caught for their murders unless they plot it out and apply some thought to it before hand. Today there are some unsolved murders, but those are done in a specific manner, not recklessly, not under the influence and usually without witnesses.

Tookie was a sherm head, what we would call a crack head today. During the early 70s, Raymond Washington was against killing and using guns, He loved to fight and that what they all did in the early 1970s. By the late 1970s, there were more guns, and guys like Raymond didnt like it. Tookie on the other hand was not as strict as Raymond, and I dont know if Raymond was ever a sherm head, but Tookie went with the flow but because we was such a careless person, there is no doubt, that this was his first taste of blood. I am sure he would try to represent himself to his followers in a different way, but if he did kill others, he would have been at least implicated in those killings, and that never occurred as fas as I know.

There is no evidence that he ever committed any other murders except for the 4 that he was convicted of.
User avatar
@1
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 6949
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Afghanistan
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Postby leftcoast » October 27th, 2005, 8:38 pm

tookie probly dropped hella bodies before the murder he wuz convicted of, u just dont go somewhere with a shotgun and blow everybodys ass up if u aint never killed nobody before, regardless if u on sherm or not, even before the robberies he said he didnt care who wuz there he wuz gon shoot they ass........

and about most gang members getting caught for they murders i disagree, i'd say its about a %50 chance of getting caught...... depends on a lot of things but luck plays a factor.....
leftcoast
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 314
Joined: July 1st, 2005, 3:40 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby Anonymous20 » October 27th, 2005, 10:38 pm

[color=blue][/color][size=18][/size]All I know i'm danglin my Blu flag all day when that happen and hittin crip shit up everywhere.
Anonymous20
 

Postby kwalei » October 28th, 2005, 8:30 am

alonso wrote:we was from West Side Crips, back then in the early 1970s, there were not many of the sets that exist today, but he was convicted of killing 4 people in their house, non- gang related while he was high on sherm.


Ofcourse he is denying it, but many sherm heads, PCP, and angel dust users, cant recall the severity of their crimes and in some cases dont even remember doing it.


Can you give a list of sets they had back then.
kwalei
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
 
Posts: 36
Joined: August 10th, 2005, 7:10 pm
Location: Hartford, CT

Postby MiChuhSuh » October 28th, 2005, 4:46 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:what was he convicted for? and what crip gang was he from? i know he and another guy started the crips, so maybe he wasnt from a specific crip set, anyone know?


I don't know about Tookie, but this is a quote from the article Alonso posted up:

December 1969: Raymond "Truck" Washington begins the "Cribs," the group that later becomes the East Side Crips near Fremont High School.


Does that mean that the original Crip set was the East Coast Crips? Because I know they are around Fremont High, along with Swans and Main Streets.
MiChuhSuh
 

Postby SkoobyDoo » October 28th, 2005, 10:17 pm

End Violence NOW wrote:
streetsIswatchin wrote:what was he convicted for? and what crip gang was he from? i know he and another guy started the crips, so maybe he wasnt from a specific crip set, anyone know?


I don't know about Tookie, but this is a quote from the article Alonso posted up:

December 1969: Raymond "Truck" Washington begins the "Cribs," the group that later becomes the East Side Crips near Fremont High School.



Where di dyou get that 1969 quote from?
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing, all-powerful God, who creates faulty humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes."
--Gene Roddenberry
User avatar
SkoobyDoo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 686
Joined: May 27th, 2005, 5:43 pm
Location: Indy

Postby Anonymous20 » October 29th, 2005, 3:26 am

leftcoast wrote:tookie probly dropped hella bodies before the murder he wuz convicted of, u just dont go somewhere with a shotgun and blow everybodys ass up if u aint never killed nobody before, regardless if u on sherm or not, even before the robberies he said he didnt care who wuz there he wuz gon shoot they ass........

and about most gang members getting caught for they murders i disagree, i'd say its about a %50 chance of getting caught...... depends on a lot of things but luck plays a factor.....



you are talking about today, there is about a 50% clearance, but as the years go on, for example the unsolved murders that occurred in 2004 will slowly get solved. By 2010, that number will rise to 60 - 65% of the murders of 2004 solved. And 20 years from now, could go up to 70 - 80% of the murders for 2004 will be solved. Los Angeles will not get 100% clearance for all murders in any one year, because some assailants end up getting killed themselves, and others go to prison for other killings, etc.

But in the 1970s there was not alot of murders, and most of the 1970s murders in Los Angeles have been solved, and no where has anyone every suggested that Tookie Williams was doing alot of killing back then. That's just my take on it. People are so influences by perceived reputations, that they hear one story, and they think they did so much more damage. There is just no such evidence.

Check out the Tookie TimeLine I wrote at:
http://www.streetgangs.com/newsletter/102605tookie.html

If you think I left anything out email it to me, not PM.
Anonymous20
 

Postby stamps » November 5th, 2005, 12:31 am

Dunn wrote:Dude rehabilitated and got the nobel peace prize I think we can let him off with life in prison instead of the death penaly... I dispute the fact that it was an all white jury.


He was "Nominated" for it,,,did not get it...
User avatar
stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 847
Joined: October 3rd, 2003, 4:50 am
Location: Riverside, Ca.

Postby Christina Marie » November 5th, 2005, 2:06 am

stamps wrote:
Dunn wrote:Dude rehabilitated and got the nobel peace prize I think we can let him off with life in prison instead of the death penaly... I dispute the fact that it was an all white jury.


He was "Nominated" for it,,,did not get it...


I voted.
“Nobody's perfect. We're all just one step up from the beasts and one step down from the angels.”
User avatar
Christina Marie
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 9276
Joined: August 11th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Location: CA
Country: United States
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Tookie to die on Dec 13th unless Arnie grants clemency

Postby Noog » November 7th, 2005, 10:51 am

Tookie Williams, founder of Crips is to be executed on December the 13th at 12.01pm by lethal injection for the murders of four people committed mre than 25years ago. The only person who can stop the death ball rolling is the Terminator, Arnie Schwarzenegger...views please
Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: December 12th, 2003, 9:21 am
Location: East London Uk

Postby DOOBIE'S BACK » November 7th, 2005, 8:18 pm

NOT SOON ENOUGH :!:
DOOBIE'S BACK
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
 
Posts: 80
Joined: August 21st, 2005, 5:59 pm

Postby Christina Marie » November 7th, 2005, 9:52 pm

DOOBIE'S BACK wrote:NOT SOON ENOUGH :!:



"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
“Nobody's perfect. We're all just one step up from the beasts and one step down from the angels.”
User avatar
Christina Marie
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 9276
Joined: August 11th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Location: CA
Country: United States
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Postby MiChuhSuh » November 7th, 2005, 10:29 pm

Let Tookie also repent. He never apologized for the murders because he insists he never committed them. Even Alonso earlier said it's obvious he committed the murders, and Alonso's against the execution itself. If Tookie keeps pleading innocent, I don't see a way he will get clemency. If he apologizes soon enough so it's not obvious that he is just scared of dying, maybe Arnold will think about it (even though it is sort of close to the execution to make an appealing apology).
MiChuhSuh
 

Postby DOOBIE'S BACK » November 7th, 2005, 11:27 pm

crstnamre wrote:
DOOBIE'S BACK wrote:NOT SOON ENOUGH :!:



"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."


RELAX HERO, IT'S MY OPINION. TAKE THAT BIBLE THUMPING HOLIER THAN THOU AND SHOVE IT :wink:
DOOBIE'S BACK
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
 
Posts: 80
Joined: August 21st, 2005, 5:59 pm

Postby qbone » November 8th, 2005, 1:34 am

its all in gods hand best believe that . god forgives
User avatar
qbone
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
 
Posts: 63
Joined: September 14th, 2005, 3:47 pm
Location: southcentral la/atlanta ga

Postby Christina Marie » November 8th, 2005, 2:01 am

crstnamre wrote:
DOOBIE'S BACK wrote:
NOT SOON ENOUGH



"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."


RELAX HERO, IT'S MY OPINION. TAKE THAT BIBLE THUMPING HOLIER THAN THOU AND SHOVE IT

And that was my opinon, which I am also entitled to. Who do you think you are to judge a man (or woman) anyway?

Tookie is a better benefit to this world alive than dead and he is/would be an excellent spokesman to kids about the reasons NOT to get into gangs. And the kids are more likely to listen to and hear him BECAUSE of who he is.


Image
“Nobody's perfect. We're all just one step up from the beasts and one step down from the angels.”
User avatar
Christina Marie
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 9276
Joined: August 11th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Location: CA
Country: United States
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Postby Noog » November 8th, 2005, 6:49 am

Thats 100% right. I am of the view that Tookie is a good man, that regardless of his past, he is now a good man. Not just any good man, but a riteous man also. He is valuable alive, no use dead. Young people would listen to him, he knows the script better than most. If Tookie is murdered by the state, its evryones loss - to kill off part of the solution, madness! Peace be upon Tookie, a brother of the dispossesed everywhere.
Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: December 12th, 2003, 9:21 am
Location: East London Uk

Next

Return to The Prison Industrial Complex



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests