Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
MiChuhSuh

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 30th, 2005, 6:44 pm

johnnyblac wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:
But Muslims claim that the comforter is Muhammed, but how is Muhammed a "holy ghost"?
But then they say the Bible was "altered" so it's really about who you believe.
everyone knows that the holy spirit isn't physical. it has to fill you, so how do you know that the holy spirit didn't fill muhammed (peace be unto him).

i am neither a muslim or a christian but i believe that the qur'an and the bible both have some alterations to it. for example i can tell the same story to 10 different people and by the end of the week a hundred people would have heard the story told a different way.

so what makes you think that both of these books, which are thousands of years old haven't been altered in some way. they both have the same people in them but they use different names and the stories are even told different.
And not nearly enough people celebrate black august to have a national holiday, that is why. Otherwise I can say today is my birthday and invites everyone in the phonebook and say "look it's a holiday"

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » November 30th, 2005, 9:08 pm

johnnyblac wrote: why would jesus (peace be unto him) have to die in order for the holy spirit to come if it already existed in the phophets and servants before him.
First off, Jesus didn't have 2 succomb(die) in order 4 the Holy Spirit 2 come. Jesus died 4 the pardoning of OURsins. Hebrews 9:22 reads, And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood(of the Messiah) is no remission, see also Heb.10:4, and Ephesians 1:7.
Secondly, it was imperative 4 Mr.Jesus 2 ascend 2 the Father so that the HS could descend and dwell internally with us, John 16:7; Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. If u read John 16:8-15, these verses imply the role or purpose of the HS. See also John 14:26, 14:2-3. Romans 8, 2nd Corinthians 3, and Gal 5.

Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown_G » November 30th, 2005, 10:56 pm

Blaccs are supossed to c christians but none do it right or any one else.My dad is real into the bible and history jesus was born in september he was blacc to and if you want proof cuz it said he was the color of the ground and had hair like sheeps wool and I will look for where it said that and post it later if you have questions.Blaccs are also really known as isreal(and no i'm not a muslim but a true christian) the so called jews took our name they are the ettimites but we are isreal or jews.I know this is killin you if you are white or jewish :lol: but almost everbody from the old testemant to the new testemant was blacc.There were whites but blaccs are the chosen people.Another thing about church you are supposed to do the sabbath or go to church on the 7th day of the week.I want everybody to look at your calender sunday is the first day of the week not the 7th.Oh and for the people that say they are saved how can you c saved but you have to c judged by christ? :lol: :lol: Man this is crazy i'm a young nigga spittin this true knowledge.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 1st, 2005, 6:32 pm

Oaktown_G wrote:Blaccs are supossed to be christians but none do it right or any one else.My dad is real into the bible and history jesus was born in september he was black to and if you want proof because it said he was the color of the ground and had hair like sheeps wool and I will look for where it said that and post it later if you have questions.Blaccs are also really known as isreal(and no i'm not a muslim but a true christian) the so called jews took our name they are the ettimites but we are isreal or jews.I know this is killin you if you are white or jewish :lol: but almost everbody from the old testemant to the new testemant was black.There were whites but blaccs are the chosen people.Another thing about church you are supposed to do the sabbath or go to church on the 7th day of the week.I want everybody to look at your calender sunday is the first day of the week not the 7th.Oh and for the people that say they are saved how can you be saved but you have to be judged by christ? :lol: :lol: Man this is crazy i'm a young nigga spittin this true knowledge.
Just from this alone I can tell that you never left the country, have you?

I many countries, they have the calender set up so that Sunday is the last day. In Mexico and basically all the Spanish-speaking nations, the name of Sunday is still "sabado", or "Sabbath", and it is the last day of the week. For some reason, it changed in some countires, many countries in fact, and expecially because it is this way in America, many countries have adopted the "American style" weekend of Saturday and Sunday despite what their calender says.

Your information has a strong American bias, sounds more like a Christian version of teh 5% "Arm Leg Leg Arm Head" theory, except with dates instead of letters.

By the way, there are two black tribes that are now located in southern Africa by migration that ARE actually Hebrew so you are partially correct.
Everyone was skeptical about their story of being the remaining lost tribes, but actually some professors under teh National Geographic did genetically link them to Hebrews. There is a actually a gene strand that was found (amazingly) only in Aaron's descendents, aka the "priestly" group of the Jews, and this same strand was found in the priestly cast of the African tribes there. This is undeniable evidence that despite their appearance being exactly the same as their surrounding tribes, they are genitically Hebrew. There wasn't even mixing as this gene strand (think they nicknamed it the "Aaronic strand" or something) is VERY weak in mixed blood and is basically undetected in mixed blood, and so there is some debate as to how they diverged from other Hebrew tribes, and some professors at a nearby university are working with their elders and priests to try to find out their history.

BUT this was the only confirmed group of black Hebrews so far, since most black Hebrews in Israel today came over from Egypt during the Exodus and basically assimilated culturally (hey I would to if I saw the Nile in blood and plagues and the sun blocked out and stuff lol)

The idea that most people in the Bible are black is not only easily disputed but IRRELEVANT to some extent if you are talking about basic levels of theology since Paul wrote "there is no longer Jew or Gentile" because at the end, we will have new bodies.

If you want to get into deep theology though, it does matter that one group, the Jews, were used to spread the Gospel to others because in other spin-off religions, they say prophets came from everywhere and converge, so this seperates Judaism/Christianity from other religions, even Islam, which says God was revealed to other nations outside of the prophets mentioned in the Bible. This also seperates Christianity from Mormons, who believe that Jesus went to South America (not kidding).

Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown_G » December 1st, 2005, 11:05 pm

I'm gonna get some more info and gonna go a little furthere with it but I feel where you comin from.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » December 1st, 2005, 11:46 pm

Oaktown_G wrote: Another thing about church you are supposed to do the sabbath or go to church on the 7th day of the week.I want everybody to look at your calender sunday is the first day of the week not the 7th. Man this is crazy i'm a young nigga spittin this true knowledge.
Pertaining 2 the observing of the Sabbath, in the Mosaic Law it was an edict 2 esteem the Sabbath on a Saturday(the Biblical Sabbath). This is verily indeed. BUT being that we're no longer bound by the law(Law of Moses) this no longer applies. Romans 6:14 says, For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under law(the Law of Moses) but under grace.
Moreover, Romans 14:5-6 reads as thus, One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. LET EVERY MAN BE FULLY PERSUADED IN HIS OWN MIND.He that regardeth(observes) the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it.......
So therefore any day that 1 elects 2 sanctify as his Sabbath unto the Lord, that's his or her day. The day per se is futile, because everyday is the LORD's day. We ought 2 exhort Mr.Jesus everyday. The grave thing is that WE SAT ASIDE AT LEAST 1 DAY out of every week where we abate toiling(unless it's auspicious(profitable to 1's self or profitable 2 another: read Matthew 12:11-12) and utterly devote that day 2 Mr.Jesus.

Oaktown_G wrote:Man this is crazy I'm a young nigga spitting this true knowledge.

Whoa Oaktown G!!! I can clearly behold that u have an ample thirst for God. But let's not get over-zealous and haughty. Many of your assertions were incorrect. James 1:5 says, If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. B4 u preceed 2 read the Bible, pray and ask the Holy Spirit 2 lead you and guide you and bestow you knowledge and understanding. I'm not trying 2 debase u dog. I just want 2 charge or admonish u subtly. Because genuinely, NOBODY understands and knows the FULL essence of YHWH(Romans 3:11).

AND IF ANY MAN THINK HE KNOWETH ANYTHING, HE KNOWETH NOTHING YET AS HE OUGHT TO KNOW. 1 Corinthians 8:2

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 2nd, 2005, 12:13 am

^^^

Plus in many countries, Monday is the first day of the week, not sunday, and sunday is the last day. Calender have changed over time, the Romans only had accurate enough info to have about 10 months until they added August (after Ceaser's son, Octavian Augustus), and same with October.

There were more calender changes too, and besides, the traditional Jewish calender goes by the moon so there are many discrepencies as to when the Sabbath is as this point. Some Christians do have it on Saturday, like Seventh Day Adventists.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » December 2nd, 2005, 1:53 am

End Violence NOW wrote:
We have a whole MONTH for Black History Month, what do you mean "white folks don't want that"? You know in America that is the only race-related month they even have?

Even a frickin corporation McDonalds is talking about 'celebrating black history 365" and you are saying that they don't celebrate a "black" day because "white folks don't want that"?????????

Do you even live in America?
do you even know what "black august" means? look that shit up before you say anything. black august represents the the revolution, the cause, the struggle the white folks don't want that.

what america is you living in? black history month isn't the only race related month because in we have hispanic heritage month, asian pacific islander month and cinco de mayo.

who gives a f%%% about mc. d's? they f$$$in racist how they gone come out with a 30 second ad talking bout "De Lawd Done Blessed Me With Free Chicken" with kirk franklin and you supportin that s$$$. that lets me know right there you a "house nigga".

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » December 2nd, 2005, 2:05 am

TarHeelRED wrote:
johnnyblac wrote: why would jesus (peace be unto him) have to die in order for the holy spirit to come if it already existed in the phophets and servants before him.
First off, Jesus didn't have 2 succomb(die) in order 4 the Holy Spirit 2 come. Jesus died 4 the pardoning of OURsins. Hebrews 9:22 reads, And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood(of the Messiah) is no remission, see also Heb.10:4, and Ephesians 1:7.
Secondly, it was imperative 4 Mr.Jesus 2 ascend 2 the Father so that the HS could descend and dwell internally with us, John 16:7; Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. If u read John 16:8-15, these verses imply the role or purpose of the HS. See also John 14:26, 14:2-3. Romans 8, 2nd Corinthians 3, and Gal 5.
my fault tarheelred, i meant to say why did he have to leave in order for the holy ghost to come if it already existed. we know that pentecost represents jesus's(peace be unto him) descent into heaven.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » December 2nd, 2005, 2:12 am

johnnyblac wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:
We have a whole MONTH for Black History Month, what do you mean "white folks don't want that"? You know in America that is the only race-related month they even have?

Even a frickin corporation McDonalds is talking about 'celebrating black history 365" and you are saying that they don't celebrate a "black" day because "white folks don't want that"?????????

do you even know what "black august" means? look that shit up before you say anything. black august represents the the revolution, the cause, the struggle the white folks don't want that.

what america is you living in? black history month isn't the only race related month because in we have hispanic heritage month, asian pacific islander month and cinco de mayo.

who gives a f%%% about mc. d's? they f$$$in racist. what if they come out with a 30 second ad talking bout "De Lawd Done Blessed Me With Free Chicken" with kirk franklin and you'd probably be right their with your mc. d's banner supportin that s$$$. that lets me know right there you a "house nigga".

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » December 2nd, 2005, 2:14 am

^^^^^^^meant to say that....

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » December 2nd, 2005, 2:31 am

End Violence NOW wrote:
johnnyblac wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:
But Muslims claim that the comforter is Muhammed, but how is Muhammed a "holy ghost"?
But then they say the Bible was "altered" so it's really about who you believe.
everyone knows that the holy spirit isn't physical. it has to fill you, so how do you know that the holy spirit didn't fill muhammed (peace be unto him).

i am neither a muslim or a christian but i believe that the qur'an and the bible both have some alterations to it. for example i can tell the same story to 10 different people and by the end of the week a hundred people would have heard the story told a different way.

so what makes you think that both of these books, which are thousands of years old haven't been altered in some way. they both have the same people in them but they use different names and the stories are even told different.
That is what atheists have been saying, but the scrolls that they were translating from matched up with teh Dead Sea Scrolls that they found which have been untouched since about 300 AD (not sure on exact date)and so that means that the Bible is the most carefully preserved book in the world. If you look at the consistancy between the scrolls since right before they discovered the Dead Sea scrolls and after, you can see accuracy
you right the dead sea scrolls have little errors in them. but why are their books found in the scrolls that are not in the bible today? and since the scrolls were found in 1947 why aren't the missing books included in todays bible?

the scrolls have been proven to be of only the old testament and were written at the same time jesus(peace be unto him) walked the earth but yet the scrolls make know reference to jesus(peace be unto him) or his disciples.

but you are still missing my point how can both the qu'ran and the bible both have the same biblical figures but yet the stories are told different?

whoknows
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whoknows » December 2nd, 2005, 9:32 am

johnnyblac wrote:
johnnyblac wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:

who gives a f%%% about mc. d's? they f$$$in racist. what if they come out with a 30 second ad talking bout "De Lawd Done Blessed Me With Free Chicken" with kirk franklin and you'd probably be right their with your mc. d's banner supportin that s$$$. that lets me know right there you a "house nigga".
wtf is u talkin?

bayarearep
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: USA

Unread post by bayarearep » December 2nd, 2005, 12:08 pm

lol i'm far from christian
but all my peoples are either in the nation, or christian

and they don't argue about it with eachother
everybody does their own tihng

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 2nd, 2005, 8:01 pm

black history month isn't the only race related month because in we have hispanic heritage month, asian pacific islander month and cinco de mayo
You know that hispanic and Asian-pacific islander months aren't official, no one recognizes it in school unless a hispanic or Asian/islander club is out there making a big point of it

And cinco de mayo is something just Mexicans celebrate, what are you talking about?

And black august is celebrated by those dudes that do the Malcolm X Grassroots" concerts in August, but there aren't enough people recognizing it in teh first place to celebrate it

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 2nd, 2005, 8:13 pm

johnnyblac wrote:but you are still missing my point how can both the qu'ran and the bible both have the same biblical figures but yet the stories are told different?
You're right, I am missing your point here. What IS you point?

One is telling the truth and one is lying, isn't that common sense?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 2nd, 2005, 8:17 pm

johnnyblac wrote:cinco de mayo.

who gives a f%%% about mc. d's? they f$$$in racist how they gone come out with a 30 second ad talking bout "De Lawd Done Blessed Me With Free Chicken" with kirk franklin and you supportin that s$$$. that lets me know right there you a "house nigga".
Didn't make this clear earlier, cinco de mayo is a Mexican national holiday, there is no American recognition of it officially and pretty much only Mexicans celebrate it seriously, otherwise it's free burrito day at the parades haha

And about McD's, what are you talking about?

My example was that even corporations in America does this black history and recognizes it, even if they are a company. What does this have to do with the shuckin and jivin coon crap you talk about?

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » December 2nd, 2005, 8:22 pm

johnnyblac wrote: i am neither a muslim or a christian
If you're anti-Muslim why do u type "peace be upon him" ensuing Jesus or Muhammad? Peace be upon him infers the death of a person. Jesus did perish but he resurrected and death no longer has dominion over him(Romans 6:9). Now Muhammad on the other hand is dead and will not partake in the resurrection, his fate is GEHENNA!!

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » December 2nd, 2005, 8:30 pm

End Violence NOW wrote:
johnnyblac wrote:but you are still missing my point how can both the qu'ran and the bible both have the same biblical figures but yet the stories are told different?

^^^LOL!!! It don't get no better than that. That's about as frank as 1 can be. And 2 illuminate End Violence NOW, the BIBLE[/u] is the truth and the DESECRATED KORAN[/U] is the lie. They need 2 ablate that "Holy" word off the Quaran because there is not 1 Holy attribute about it!!!!!!!!!!!

Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown_G » December 3rd, 2005, 3:26 pm

Alright what about people who claim there christians and say there saved but we all must apepear before christ. :o Or why would you baptize a baby they have commited no sins so there is no reason to baptize them.What about christmas when I come back I can prove and show you that it is wrong.

Roy_2k5
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Roy_2k5 » December 3rd, 2005, 5:58 pm

thrak wrote:Well does it make sense to believe in another slavemaster's religion, Islam??
Yes, especially if you wanted to free yourself from slavery. In Islamic slavery one can free themselves from slavery. Also Islam aimed to erradicate slavery which long existed in the Arabic economic system, hence it occured gradually.

We can ask: Did Christianity (the European variant) call for abolishment of slavery?

The Answer: No. The only reason why slavery was abolished in the Americas was because blacks fought in the war between the North and South; and were fully capable of destroying their opposition.

As for the question: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?
Arabs enslaved many more white slaves from Eastern Europe and the Anatolia, and they form a good proportion of the "white" Arabs in the Levant and elsewhere. I intentionally post such information, because we need to realize in this age that slavery is UNIVERSAL. They do differ in severity, with the African and Islamic variants allowing one to free themselves through merit or conversion. But there is no need to be hard on a religion, becauase none of the relgions supported slavery. Christian fanatics might claim that Islam support slavery but it did not.

Here's a quote regarding the Barbary Coast slaves:
URL: http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/whtslav.htm
Davis, by contrast, has calculated that between 1 million and 1.25 million European Christians were captured and forced to work in North Africa from the 16th to 18th centuries.
I might look for the other sources, but this will suffice.

In these parts of Africa today, you will see many of the forechildren of the white slaves. And they are devout Muslims, who speak Arabic or are possibly in the Berber community. Does that mean that they should convert back to Christianity and become European? No it does not. They have chosen their faith and only they can change it. Lets not forget that Christianity was placed on Europeans (serfs) in a forceful manner as well and we don't hear this.

Furthermore, the Christian religion was adhered in Africa long before any part of Europe. The Copic or Ethiopian Orthodox Church were earliest in Africa. This Church was established first in Ethiopia and was one of the earlier Churches of the Eastern Christian faiths. There are Copic Churches in Egypt, Sudan, etc. The head of the Copic Church was elected in Alexandria, though. The other Church that is 'competing' for first Christian state in the world would be the Armenian Church. Since Christianity existed in Africa long before Europe, Africans can remain as Christian. But when many do not follow the ideology, the teachings of Christ really doe lose its meaning.

The Western Churches have become very Europeanized. They even integrate pagan Greek/Roman philosophy with Christianity! The Eastern or Orthodox Churches does not. African-Americans are mainly under the Western Churhces and therefore get confused with the white Christ and Mary. They are obviously fabrications created by superficial clowns, who are probably in Hell since Christianity opposed idolatry. They did say that the Devil attacks from within the Church...hmm. The early Christians like the Assyrians, etc did not have pictures of Jesus. The first pictures were manufactured in Rome.

Many wonder what was Jesus's features, but since he was from the Middle East. He has to look Middle Eastern like an Iraqi. :mrgreen:

PS: This is an addictive board. No wonder my posts are long. :shock:

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 4th, 2005, 10:57 am

Roy_2k5 wrote:Many wonder what was Jesus's features, but since he was from the Middle East. He has to look Middle Eastern like an Iraqi. :mrgreen:

PS: This is an addictive board. No wonder my posts are long. :shock:
He would MOST LIKELY (we don't really know) look more like a mix of Israeli (tanner Israeli/Palestinean) and somewhat Egyptian (tan Egyptian) because he is Hebrew and yet he lived in Egypt when his family fled and yet there was no reported incident in Egypt so they think he might have blended in there. But no one really knows for a fact, this is just teh most educated guess so far.

The only thing we do know is that he had a beard since the Romans tore off his beard as part of torture, but we dont' relaly know how long or short it was.

Roy_2k5
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Roy_2k5 » December 4th, 2005, 5:17 pm

Jesus was hebrew? Are you sure? He seems like an Assyriac to me. He even spoke Aramaic. But that the vernacular in that region so we wouldn't really know. I'm guessing that's probably why the Jewish people couldn't believe that Jesus was a Messiah since they are mainly Hebrew while Jesus was Assyrian.

Tanned skin? Probably. The region was darker before the Germanic tribe migrated and the European slaves imported by the Turks entered the Levantine region. The Egyptians living in the Delta (North) are still a lot more darker, hence "Hamitic" (a discredited term). They are more similar to the darker skin Arabs that still are found in the Arabian Peninsula and parts of Africa.

Examples:
http://www.soulindia.com/orthodox/Assyrian.gif (Assyrian)
http://www.omanistudents.co.uk/img/exhi ... C01435.JPG (Omani barring Fillipino women)
http://www.greenpeace.org.nz/image/Omani.jpg (Omani 2)

There's the choices.

Just a reminder. None of the communities are considered white, but past nutcases who in the "intellectual" community along with the dumb psuedoscience today claim that West Asians along with South Asians are Caucasian. Since US population is still mainly blind, they are not aware that Arabs, Assyrians, etc are considered white. :shock: Even the Armenians who speak an Indo-European language (similar to English) do not consider themselves as white. So in some ways Jesus is "white" but then I guess, Osama Bin Laden is white too. :mrgreen:

Yes, he had a beard. Maybe even short hair since he does lament long hair. The Europeans kept their hair long before the Great Wars, so it does make sense for Jesus to be protrayed with long hair.

Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown_G » December 4th, 2005, 11:13 pm

Jesus was black not like african black but dark enough cuz egyptians that live in egypt now are arab but you can find in history books the year they invaded egypt and the original egyptians were black.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 5th, 2005, 11:49 am

Roy_2k5 wrote:Jesus was hebrew? Are you sure? He seems like an Assyriac to me. He even spoke Aramaic. But that the vernacular in that region so we wouldn't really know. I'm guessing that's probably why the Jewish people couldn't believe that Jesus was a Messiah since they are mainly Hebrew while Jesus was Assyrian.

Yes, he had a beard. Maybe even short hair since he does lament long hair. The Europeans kept their hair long before the Great Wars, so it does make sense for Jesus to be protrayed with long hair.
This is a common misconception, the entire area of Palestina/Israel during this time spoke mainly Greek, neither Hebrew nor Aramaic (it was the common toungue, just like English is today)

ALL Hebrews used to speak Aramaic, just like Mexicans speak spanish instead of Aztec languages, it was like that, but by Jesus's time they were speaking Greek and only the elders remembered Aramaic.

That is why at teh Pentecost when teh people who received the Holy Spirit began to speak in old languages, the elders were amazed that they spoke Aramaic when that ws by then a dying tongue.

As for the long hair,, Jesus was NOT European, what are you talkinga bout? And the long hair thing is basically BS, during this time, long hair was a public declaration of homosexuality (and not just stereotypping, it was literally putting up a sign that said that, because in that hot region, it would be the only motivation for it because it was so uncmfortable to have)

It even says in parts of the New Testament that men shoud not have long hair, meaning they should not be gay (and it is a choice).

Want to know why Jesus is portayed with long hair nowadays? I was in an Art History course and learned all this. Jesus at first was not portrayed at all, as following the Middle Eastern/Israeli tradition because that would be and still is blashpemy, but then later some Greeks portayed him as Apollo, with short hair. By teh Renaissance, artistic license allowed in Europe almost anything, so then this one Italian artist (forgot his name), portayed himself and said it was a picutre of Jessus (he was an evil egomaniac haha) so that way he could get people to revere him. Later, Leornardo the Vinci did the same thing, which is why in the Last Supper and such,that is a picture of himself, and I learned this from a neutral art history course, which is why "Jesus" looks like a European long haired guy.

And plus, I still consider it against the Ten Commandments (graven images) to make images of God.

Roy_2k5
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Roy_2k5 » December 5th, 2005, 3:17 pm

End Violence NOW wrote:
Roy_2k5 wrote:[...]

This is a common misconception, the entire area of Palestina/Israel during this time spoke mainly Greek, neither Hebrew nor Aramaic (it was the common toungue, just like English is today)
You are talking about Jewish community that left Israel/Palestine and migrated to Anatolia. In other words, much present day Turkey was populated by Greek speakers. The language, Jesus spoke at that time along with the majority was Aramaic.

URL: http://cal1.cn.huc.edu/aramaic_language.html

[QUOTE\ALL Hebrews used to speak Aramaic, just like Mexicans speak spanish instead of Aztec languages, it was like that, but by Jesus's time they were speaking Greek and only the elders remembered Aramaic.[/QUOTE]

Addressed above.

That is why at teh Pentecost when teh people who received the Holy Spirit began to speak in old languages, the elders were amazed that they spoke Aramaic when that ws by then a dying tongue.

Are you sure?

As for the long hair,, Jesus was NOT European, what are you talkinga bout? And the long hair thing is basically BS, during this time, long hair was a public declaration of homosexuality (and not just stereotypping, it was literally putting up a sign that said that, because in that hot region, it would be the only motivation for it because it was so uncmfortable to have)

It even says in parts of the New Testament that men shoud not have long hair, meaning they should not be gay (and it is a choice).

Want to know why Jesus is portayed with long hair nowadays? I was in an Art History course and learned all this. Jesus at first was not portrayed at all, as following the Middle Eastern/Israeli tradition because that would be and still is blashpemy, but then later some Greeks portayed him as Apollo, with short hair. By teh Renaissance, artistic license allowed in Europe almost anything, so then this one Italian artist (forgot his name), portayed himself and said it was a picutre of Jessus (he was an evil egomaniac haha) so that way he could get people to revere him. Later, Leornardo the Vinci did the same thing, which is why in the Last Supper and such,that is a picture of himself, and I learned this from a neutral art history course, which is why "Jesus" looks like a European long haired guy.
Woah...I ain't opposing what you're stating. I am not suggesting that Jesus is Europe either, but rather Middle Eastern. However, the appearance of the Assyrian, Omai, etc could look rather "European". Lets use the old definition of white, which just means Nordic. The aqualine features the Europeans have are even found in all over India or the Ainu people in Japan! It doesn't make one 'white' or 'European'.
And plus, I still consider it against the Ten Commandments (graven images) to make images of God.
I can't deny you there.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 5th, 2005, 3:30 pm

^^^^^^^^
I seriously doubt that Jesus would look so European (even though we don't know for sure today) because he when his family fled to Egypt to escape Herod, there was no reported incident of them being recognized in Egypt, which is generally darker than Eastern Europeans (I actually know these two Egyptian twins, Ameer and Amgad)

If he looked "white" then they might notice something was up and the Roman government might check out what they were doing there, just like if a white man walked through Jordan Down... LOL

About the Pentecost and Aramaic thing, yes I'm sure, that is why they were so amazed, it was part of the aparent "miracle" that they spoke Aramaic which was from the "old days"

And about the Greek thing, I'm sure because the New Testament was written in Greek, and I don't even know about the Jews you were talking about that moved, I will have to check out that link.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 5th, 2005, 3:31 pm

Roy_2k5 wrote:The aqualine features the Europeans have are even found in all over India or the Ainu people in Japan! It doesn't make one 'white' or 'European'.
The Ainu really are interesting, if you start an ethnicity thread about it in teh Race/Ethnicity seciton, that would be interesting.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » December 6th, 2005, 1:19 am

TarHeelRED wrote:
johnnyblac wrote: i am neither a muslim or a christian
If you're anti-Muslim why do u type "peace be upon him" ensuing Jesus or Muhammad? Peace be upon him infers the death of a person. Jesus did perish but he resurrected and death no longer has dominion over him(Romans 6:9). Now Muhammad on the other hand is dead and will not partake in the resurrection, his fate is GEHENNA!!
dude i never said i was anti muslim...

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » December 6th, 2005, 1:31 am

TarHeelRED wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:

^^^LOL!!! It don't get no better than that. That's about as frank as 1 can be. And 2 illuminate End Violence NOW, the BIBLE[/u] is the truth and the DESECRATED KORAN[/U] is the lie. They need 2 ablate that "Holy" word off the Quaran because there is not 1 Holy attribute about it!!!!!!!!!!!

stop dildo hoppin...

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » December 6th, 2005, 2:09 am

End Violence NOW wrote:

how do you know which one is lyin?

here you have the dead sea scrolls were written at the same time jesus(peace be unto him) walked but yet they make know reference to him or his followers. in fact the essenes the people who wrote the dead sea scrolls teachings are different from the teachings of jesus(peace be unto him) and they also believed that 2 prophets were coming, not 1 but 2.

this is missing information from the bible of today but yet its found in the qur'an.

plus why is it that the jews, the muslims, and the christians have the same laws from the old testament but yet the christians are the only ones who says that we don't have to live by them because jesus came and we have the new testament. that doesn't make any sense to me.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » December 6th, 2005, 2:54 am

johnnyblac wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:

[size=x-large]i am neither a muslim or a christian[/size] but i believe that the qur'an and the bible both have some alterations to it. for example i can tell the same story to 10 different people and by the end of the week a hundred people would have heard the story told a different way.
Dude, do u now have a recollection of what u typed? U said u are neither muslim or Christian. So that signifies that u espouse neither 1 and oppose BOTH. U can't be luke warm dog. U ever heard of this euphemism, If u don't stand 4 something; you'll fall 4 anything!? The Bible classifies u as a heathen, an infidel, a nonbeliever, a son of the devil....... need I say more?

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I wil spue thee out of my mouth.