U.K.:Racist vandals hit Asians' cars in tyre-slashing orgy

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

U.K.:Racist vandals hit Asians' cars in tyre-slashing orgy

Unread post by Christina Marie » January 5th, 2006, 12:36 pm

Racist vandals hit Asians' cars in tyre-slashing orgy
MICHAEL BLACKLEY

RACIST yobs have targeted the cars of more than a dozen Muslims and Sikhs in a growing spate of vandal attacks.

The tyres have been slashed on at least 13 cars in recent days in what police believe is a deliberate attempt to intimidate members of the city's ethnic minority communities.

Members of the Sikh and Muslim communities in Leith now fear the crimes could escalate into something far more serious and warned of the risk of vigilante action against those responsible. Community leaders are to meet police to discuss ways of combating the growing problem.

The attacks have been carried out across a wide area of Leith, and police fear the owners were deliberately targeted because of the colour of their skin.

Councillor Shami Khan, who sits on the police board, said similar incidents happened in December 2004, when around 50 incidents of racially-motivated vandalism were seen throughout the city.

He was also the victim of car vandalism, which escalated into much more serious incidents in 2000, including having his car burned out and suffering threatening phone calls and letters.

Cllr Khan said: "It is very concerning that this is happening. Sometimes people in the community feel like there is a vendetta against them. It is very scary for people that it happens to.

"We are trying to urge people not to take the law into their own hands, but that's what some of them want to do. We don't want that, because it will turn into some sort of gang war.

"It's in Leith this week but it could be the other side of the town next we just don't know.

Foyfol Choubhoy, vice-chairman of the Edinburgh and Lothian Racial Equality Council, fears that the problems could spread throughout the city. He said: "It is alarming that these seemingly racially-motivated attacks are happening and I would hope the police will take serious action.

"The Sikh and Muslim communities in Edinburgh are very small communities and once word of this spreads it will upset and worry a lot of people.

"If police don't catch these people quickly we would fear that these incidents would spread to other parts of the city."

Ragbit Singh, vice-president of the Sikh Temple in Leith, called on the Asian community to co-operate with police in a bid to ensure that the violence does not spread.

He said: "The police are doing their job in trying to find out what has been going on. We trust that they'll get to the bottom of it."

Chief Inspector Liz Reynolds, of Lothian and Borders Police, said: "It is unlikely they were random acts as all the vehicles belong to either Sikhs or Muslims.

"We are treating this vandalism as racist incidents.

"We have been in touch with the local communities to listen to their concerns and discuss our response. This will include increasing high visibility patrols in the area."

All the car attacks took place between December 30 and January 3 in a number of different streets all across Leith, including Dudley Avenue, Mill Lane, Summerside Place, Rosslyn Court, North Fort Street, Madeira Street and Pilrig Gardens.

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=19152006

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » January 5th, 2006, 8:00 pm

My God! Say it isnt so! Wonder if the 15 or 20 drive by's tonight will get the same coverage. Tire slashing, oh the humanity??!! What has happend to us! No indiscriminate bombing? No calls for the death of all infidels?
This tire slashing thing is just over the top. We must find these people and give them 20 years to prove to people we are not racist. Or they might think, we are! And then..... ummm..... weeelllll...well what?

Raffles

Unread post by Raffles » January 6th, 2006, 8:46 am

Acme f*ck off this is out of order these people don't need this! The 'drive -bys' you talk of (all the millions of them there are in your posh neighbourhood) are gang related, these people are innocent people beng targeted! This sadly may be the start of something that is gonna escalate! We don't even hear half the story! Leith is an Irish Republican ghetto, well known for its Nazi and IRA sympathising, the ethnic minorities there have had years of racial attacks, these small things are done just to anatgonise people and start trouble.. :(

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » January 8th, 2006, 4:37 pm

Raffles wrote:Acme f*ck off this is out of order these people don't need this! The 'drive -bys' you talk of (all the millions of them there are in your posh neighbourhood) are gang related, these people are innocent people beng targeted! This sadly may be the start of something that is gonna escalate! We don't even hear half the story! Leith is an Irish Republican ghetto, well known for its Nazi and IRA sympathising, the ethnic minorities there have had years of racial attacks, these small things are done just to anatgonise people and start trouble.. :(
You dont know anything about the USA pal. And in particular So Cal fool.
Posh neighborhood? What kinda faggott says that? I hope its something that escalates. I dont want towl heads in any part of the western hemisphere and if your not one you shouldnt either. Didnt they just blow up a london subway stupid? What I really like is your description of ghettos of IRA and nazi sympathinzers. That may come as news to them seeing that BNP hate IRA and vice versa...What an idiot, you call this a ghetto? LOL!!!!!!
http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/e ... thwalk.jpg

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... 3&ei=UTF-8

Your an idiot, send them packing.....

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 8th, 2006, 5:17 pm

Raffles wrote:Acme f*ck off this is out of order these people don't need this! The 'drive -bys' you talk of (all the millions of them there are in your posh neighbourhood) are gang related, these people are innocent people beng targeted! This sadly may be the start of something that is gonna escalate! We don't even hear half the story! Leith is an Irish Republican ghetto, well known for its Nazi and IRA sympathising, the ethnic minorities there have had years of racial attacks, these small things are done just to anatgonise people and start trouble.. :(
???????????????????

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

You don't think drive-by's hit innocent people?

ALMOST ALL DRIVE BYS END UP HITTING BYSTANDERS IN THE WRONG PLACE/WRONG TIME

Alot of it lately is racial too, and you don't think that innocents get hit in a drive by?

Raffles

Unread post by Raffles » January 9th, 2006, 12:57 pm

NaziWhiteSupremacistKKK wrote:
Posh neighborhood? What kinda faggott says that? I hope its something that escalates. I dont want towl heads in any part of the western hemisphere and if your not one you shouldnt either. Didnt they just blow up a london subway stupid? What I really like is your description of ghettos of IRA and nazi sympathinzers. That may come as news to them seeing that BNP hate IRA and vice versa...What an idiot, you call this a ghetto? LOL!!!!!!
Acme I didn't call it a ghetto as such, I just mean there are certain parts where the concentration of Muslims is higher than others.. The BNP is largely made up of Catholics, they refuse to help the Loyalists in Northern Ireland for particularly that reason! And also since the Neo Nazis, the BNP and the IRA are all white supremacist they have never clashed! The Neo-Nazis of London (a lot of whom have Irish Catholic families who offered their support to Hitler during the war) went to Belfast to help out the Loyalists, but went home when they realised that their PLO freinds were on the side of the Republicans..

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » January 9th, 2006, 4:53 pm

Irish people in Edinburgh, Scotland are a minority group, also.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » January 9th, 2006, 10:52 pm

yes a) innocent people get hit by drive bys and b) there are only ghettos with whites or nazis in Ireland?

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » January 10th, 2006, 3:51 pm

Raffles wrote:
Acme I didn't call it a ghetto as such, I just mean there are certain parts where the concentration of Muslims is higher than others.. The BNP is largely made up of Catholics, they refuse to help the Loyalists in Northern Ireland for particularly that reason! And also since the Neo Nazis, the BNP and the IRA are all white supremacist they have never clashed! The Neo-Nazis of London (a lot of whom have Irish Catholic families who offered their support to Hitler during the war) went to Belfast to help out the Loyalists, but went home when they realised that their PLO freinds were on the side of the Republicans..
What a bunch of horse shit. The IRA hate the National Front and the BNP. Havent you ever heard the screwdriver sond Smash The IRA? Besides who cares what the hell are a bunch of swarthy middle east stinkin ass towel heads doing there anyway? Why is it non whites follow whites where ever they go and then bitch about the treatment? Just take you ass back to the sand and then your tires wont get slashed. With all the rapes, murder and bombings the " Good Muslims " do my position is completely logical and the insane ones are the white people who just cant try hard enough to prove that " some of them are good". So what do you only kill the mouse thats gets in your cookie jar cause " some of them are good ". It pure insanity for the western world to have ever gone down this insane road.............

INSANITY!!!!

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » January 10th, 2006, 6:40 pm

Raffles wrote:
NaziWhiteSupremacistKKK
Hey now! Acme is'nt a racist....he hates everyone equally! LOL.....j/k!

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » January 11th, 2006, 8:32 am

AcmeWhiteBread wrote:
http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/e ... thwalk.jpg

Your an idiot, send them packing.....
So now you are generalizing every single person as a towel head and assuming they are all terrorist??? People like you make me sick. You are a racist plain and simple.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » January 11th, 2006, 8:59 am

these sort of incidents are commonplace in many areas and often do not gain any media attention. For instance the small town of Bedford in middle England has one community that is 53% Asian and letterbomb attacks on Asian households and arson has plagued the ethnic groups in the past few years however it is not so prevalent now. Media coverage on such incidents is normally only local rather than national.

Its only the major racial incidents that usual gain national media attention, one of the most significant and early incidents was the murder of black teenager Stephen Lawrence in South London.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/guardiansocie ... 62,00.html

and more recently the murder of black teenager Anthony Walker who was axed in the back of the head by 2 racist lads in Huyton, Liverpool, Merseyside.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/mers ... 487208.stm

Racism 'has no place in society'