Nortenos and number 14

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
Anonymous20

Nortenos and number 14

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 16th, 2004, 4:37 am

How did the ese's in the North come to use 14, associating themselves as Nortenos.

NikexCortez

Re: Nortenos and number 14

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 16th, 2004, 5:59 am

In the alphabet, the 14th letter is N.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » January 16th, 2004, 11:08 am

alonso wrote:How did the ese's in the North come to use 14, associating themselves as Nortenos.
The xicanos, or hispanics as some of them refer to themselves, up north are not eSes. They call themselves eNes, or Ns for North. I know that many "blacks" refer to "brown" gente as eSes (usaully pronounced essay), thinking SA means South American, but thats not correct. Now, eSe refers to South Siders and eNe refers to North Siders. Peace
Last edited by GIBBY on January 16th, 2004, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » January 16th, 2004, 1:23 pm

couldnt of said it no better gibby. good explaination.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 16th, 2004, 3:23 pm

I always thought that all Mexicans, regardless of north or south were eses. I know on the east they think that too. Interesting note.

style
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by style » January 16th, 2004, 6:54 pm

Some Norteno's call each other ese's. but those are usually the og's.

BIG RUSTY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BIG RUSTY » January 17th, 2004, 12:58 am

GIBBY wrote: Now, eSe refers to South Siders and eNe refers to North Siders. Peace
Good info GIbby. I too thought ese could mean either north or south mexican.I always wondered why some of my F14 homies would write eNe eRe back in the day. You answered a 15 year old question that i had!

INGLEWOOD
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by INGLEWOOD » January 17th, 2004, 2:12 pm

Well Alonso the way I understand it is since SURENOS identified themselves wiyh 13& the color blue,NORTENOSthen adopted identifiers of their own.They(nortenos)selected the # 14& the color red.14 signified the fourteenth letter of the alphabet('N')for north.Red was the opposite of blue.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » January 17th, 2004, 3:45 pm

INGLEWOOD wrote:Well Alonso the way I understand it is since SURENOS identified themselves wiyh 13& the color blue,NORTENOSthen adopted identifiers of their own.They(nortenos)selected the # 14& the color red.14 signified the fourteenth letter of the alphabet('N')for north.Red was the opposite of blue.
Simon. Not only is red the opposite of blue pero the State System only handed out blue or red bandanas. The Southsiders were aready sporting the blue ones so the Northsiders only choice to distingush themselves was to adopt the only other choice, which happened to be red. Paz

YungLoCC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YungLoCC » February 8th, 2004, 11:02 pm

yeah wussup ya well i myself im frum the bay area to thoze that dunt noe where the bay is located at its NORTH of California. but anyways where im frum ders alot of Norte XIV's and dem boys dunt play out here.
yeah dey say that CRIPS and NORTE's are ALLIES in the juvi and prison system dey got wut dey called C-14 meaning CRIPS and NORTE's are joined 2gether and i noe sum of ya must of heard bout that. but ders one city in the bay area where CRIPS and NORTE's dunt get along and that city is where im frum RICHMOND yeah bOooY you will never see dem 2 get along it gets really crazy wen deez 2 forces meet and dats no joke. but otha then that otha cities in the bay CRIPS and NORTE's get along well.

the BaY aLLdAy RiChMoNd CaLiFoRn-I-A

BIG RUSTY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BIG RUSTY » February 9th, 2004, 12:58 am

Yung LoCC,So there is a decent Norteno population in Richmond huh?I use to work all thru Richmond,North Richmond San Pablo and i didnt see that many Norte.That's too bad though that they funk with the XIV.Hey do the Nortenos put in work on the EHL's?(EASTER HILL LOCOS 13).What about the Crips and Bloods, Do they dump on EHL ?.When i was out there they (EHL's)seemed to be pretty crazy.I come from a Crip hood in Fresno and out there the Crips and Bulldogs&Nortenos usually gett along better than the bloods and bulldogs.The thing about Fresno is that for the longest it was a real segerated city.Crips,Bloods on the westside,Bulldogs,Nortenos on the Eastside so they never really had to deal with each other on a daily basis.I think that as more surenos inflitrate the north,there might be more problems between nortenos and Crips cause the norteno's war with the south has been so deep in the prisons and now that the south is getting a few numbers up north,The nortenos are gonna start hate on anything blue. The older head's know what's up though.

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » February 9th, 2004, 4:18 am

there r NO crips and bloods in richmond, not black ones atleast, now if the loations there r claimin crip with that Sons of Death (S.O.D.) sh*t then thats another story, but as far as legit black crips and bloods THERE R NONE in Richmond, CA there r some nortenos there , the blacks there r all cliques and crews, mostly drug sales, north richmond very dangerous place it is just like watts

lowdown
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by lowdown » February 9th, 2004, 11:19 am

i agree with wattscrackin the only crips or bloods your gonna find up there is the asian or islander variety with a couple brothas scattered in, the whole bay area is like that though. the brothas are all about hustling not bangin but dont get me wrong oak-town and richmond is one of the most violent places in the country. the nortes stay alligned with most all of the brothas especially bgf. infact the nortes act more black than cholo up here.
the sur is definantly holding up their ground hard in the bay area and aint budging..peace

2%SODA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 2%SODA » February 9th, 2004, 1:33 pm

style wrote:Some Norteno's call each other ese's. but those are usually the og's.
yep...

THALOCPASADENA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by THALOCPASADENA » February 9th, 2004, 7:50 pm

YungLoCC wrote:yeah wussup ya well i myself im frum the bay area to thoze that dunt noe where the bay is located at its NORTH of California. but anyways where im frum ders alot of Norte XIV's and dem boys dunt play out here.
yeah dey say that CRIPS and NORTE's are ALLIES in the juvi and prison system dey got wut dey called C-14 meaning CRIPS and NORTE's are joined 2gether and i noe sum of ya must of heard bout that. but ders one city in the bay area where CRIPS and NORTE's dunt get along and that city is where im frum RICHMOND yeah bOooY you will never see dem 2 get along it gets really crazy wen deez 2 forces meet and dats no joke. but otha then that otha cities in the bay CRIPS and NORTE's get along well.

WHEN I WAS IN THE PEN , I SEEN THE SHIT GO DOWN WITH THE UP NORTH BLACK'S AND THE UP NORTH MEX... AAAAAHHHH THAT SHIT WAS LIKE WATCHING A UFC MATCH ... I MEAN DAM THEM NORTE'S WERE NOT PLAYING AND THE BLACK'S FROM UP NORTH WERE JUST TOO DEEP BUT THE NORTE'S PUT UP A BETTER FIGHT THEN SOUTHSIDER'S........... I WAS WATCHEN BECAUSE WE DONT GET INVOLED IN UP NORTH STUFFF.... I AM FROM PASADENA CRIP AND I WAS UNDER THE L.A. CRIP CARD...BUT I GOT MUCH LOVE FOR THEM NORTE BOY'S THEY with THE BIZZZ MUCH LOVE OUT TO MY BOY

BIG RUSTY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BIG RUSTY » February 10th, 2004, 2:03 am

wattscrackin wrote:there r NO crips and bloods in richmond, not black ones atleast, now if the loations there r claimin crip with that Sons of Death (S.O.D.) sh*t then thats another story, but as far as legit black crips and bloods THERE R NONE in Richmond, CA there r some nortenos there , the blacks there r all cliques and crews, mostly drug sales, north richmond very dangerous place it is just like watts
So i guess i was SEEING and TALKING to ghosts while i was working in richmond,NORTH RICHMOND and san pablo?I spent over half my life in san francisco and even in the city i met some heads that was Claming crip and they was BLACK CRIPS from the northern parts of the east bay.I worked at a carwash in san pablo and a lot of ballers would come thru and the majority of them dudes would call people ccuzz,and they would sport hella blue(and black),and i hardley ever seen people come thru with red on and i NEVER heard any of them call people blood.Now in san francisco thats another story,they call each other blood a lot out there but theyre not bloods .Granted in the bay the black folks that do crip or blood is way more about making they money instead of of set trippin But yall can't tell me they aint out there.And as for the asians doing they thang ,Man them fools is crazy.I seen em bust on some surenos on turk and taylor st's in the tenderloin(SF).They was dumpin,right in the middle of the street and right in the middle of the dope spot so i bet them surenos wasn't trippin on if they (asians crips) was legit,official,Black,or whatever.They was worried about not getting they brains blown out.

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » February 10th, 2004, 2:52 am

yes u must of been talking to Ghosts becuz if u go to north richmond right now they gon tell u they aint no crips or bloods they bout they money, they got different cliques and names, but they definatly is not no crips or bloods, just cuz u seen some fools in blue sayin cuzz dont mean they r crips, also remember in late 80s and early 90s that LA Crip/Blood craze wuz everywhere causing a lot of wanabes to start claimin that stuff, so maybe thats who u were talkin to around that era, but i know for a FACT there is no big legit black crip or blood sets in the bay and thats the REAL, they in sacramento but not in the bay area (frisco, oakland, richmond)
the blacks in Hunters Point projects in Frisco got they own gangs, Big Block and West Mobb and they r not blood or crip affiliated.....

BIG RUSTY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BIG RUSTY » February 10th, 2004, 6:59 am

wattscrackin wrote:yes u must of been talking to Ghosts becuz if u go to north richmond right now they gon tell u they aint no crips or bloods they bout they money, they got different cliques and names, but they definatly is not no crips or bloods, just because u seen some fools in blue sayin cuzz dont mean they r crips, also remember in late 80s and early 90s that LA Crip/Blood craze wuz everywhere causing a lot of wanabes to start claimin that stuff, so maybe thats who u were talkin to around that era, but i know for a FACT there is no big legit black crip or blood sets in the bay and thats the REAL, they in sacramento but not in the bay area (frisco, oakland, richmond)
the blacks in Hunters Point projects in Frisco got they own gangs, Big Block and West Mobb and they r not blood or crip affiliated.....
First off homie i aint said that there was black rips or damus in san francisco,Frisco is 415.What i said is that they call each other blood but they aint blood related.How long you been runnin around frisco and the bay??Well locc my family goes back 45 plus years in the bay.I got family in oakland from 23ave to lake merrit to 98th east 14th and in frisco,My stompin grounds was the Tenderloin/6st,.Mission District, 16th mission, 24th mission(slanged KJ with some nortenos) and the Fillmoe.You know about Hayes Valley,Page st,Fulton st,The Western Addition?What about when virgo's was around you remember them times?Remember the OC projects?.Also i assume you know bout the fillmoe/hunters point beef??well homie ive been on a couple missions with my fillmoe cousins to put in work on HP.ALSO one of my cousins who is 415 was from richmond(became 415 in late80's)and guess what ccuzz he use to CRIPP for richmond!.I aint saying that i know how it is today in the bay,cause i havent been back since1999but i do have a long history there.So again i ask how long you been out there?And the thing about "just be cause you seen some fools saying cuzz dont mean they crips"Well first off i aint no cheeleader ,or groupie,I USE to bang with 107 HOOVER CRIPS outta the W/S of FRESNO,started crippin when i was 13 got put on hoover when i was 15,and i start trying to live another way at 23,and im now36And although i don't bang anymore ill allways be from the HOOVAZ. So im the type of MF that you got to prove,and back up what you say and them nigga's from richmond that was crips proved that they was down and could back up what they said.These wasnt no youngster or wanna bees these was BALLERS,Honestly i was extra careful with them fools cars cause i seen some of the heat they carried,and this wasn't in the late 80's early90's it was in 1999. Things could be different now for all i know.Anyways its cool to disagree on issues.We all got our own viewpoints. PEACE OUT

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » February 10th, 2004, 10:48 am

BIG RUSTY don't you know wattscrackin is a baby grape loc that knows it all? He said there ain't no pinoys in the YAY area too, so I guess he knows what he's talking about. I mean he claims watts but he's not a grape and he asks alot of questions about gangs in watts that he should know about if he really is from there, so what do you mean he don't know nothing about the North?

LOL...

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » February 10th, 2004, 3:55 pm

paste where i said there aint no pinoys in the YAY, cuz i never said that once, i said in the inner city , and that is the truth

big rusty we all know fillmoe aint f*ckin with HP on no funk type of level come on now... i really dont have to prove nothin to u homie, and i'll tell everybody right now u said u left in 99 wuznt NOBODY bangin no blood or crip in 99 loll!!!!!!!! i dont know who u been talkin to homie, but its all good, anybody on this board that wanna find out the real can go to Richmond right now and go ax somebody if they wuz bangin blood or crip and they will tell u no lollll so i aint really gotta waste my time on here, i've already said it once and thats enough already....

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » February 10th, 2004, 6:11 pm

Man, there ain't not gettin' to you dog...LOL...

Northern California has it's own little intricacies. Most of the Black Gangsters there are on the paper trail, they don't bang or mess with gangbanging. Some of these cats are direct descendents of Black Panthers, their consciousness level is way above that of your average Southern California black gangster. LA's Crips and Bloods have been able to shoot out to many cities throughout the country, but they haven't been able to plant themselves in East Oakland, and other concentrated areas where black folks reside in the Sucka Free. Why? They just don't roll like that in the Yay, they are hustlers. The funny thing is hearing cats "bang" from different crews, different independent music labels. These cats are killing each other over money, not colors.

Pinoys not in the inner-cities? Ok, that statement is part true today. A lot of the people that lived inside the city have moved out. They either came up or decided not to raise their familys there. But the older manongs who still reside there in the inner city are still there. And you are trying to school me on my own dog? LOL...okay...whatever.

2%SODA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 2%SODA » February 10th, 2004, 8:23 pm

wattscrackin wrote:paste where i said there aint no pinoys in the YAY, because i never said that once, i said in the inner city , and that is the truth
it's a couple... not alot though
wattscrackin wrote: big rusty we all know fillmoe aint f*ckin with HP on no funk type of level come on now...
yep, it be on there in HP

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » February 11th, 2004, 2:14 am

here is my original quote taken outta context by big loco

"there aint that many pinoys in the bay area in the inner-city (oakland/frisco/richmond)"

i said there aint many in the inner-city ... which means..... theres still some there but NOT many ... rofll

ok
that pretty much sums that up....

wes up EA yeeeee! lol

2%SODA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 2%SODA » February 11th, 2004, 2:49 pm

wattscrackin wrote: wes up EA yeeeee! lol
oh coyishness! nephewz

YungLoCC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YungLoCC » February 11th, 2004, 4:05 pm

yeah i agree with big rusty on that one doe.. like alot of peoples in oakland and frisko like to say blood but dey dunt bang it and the blacc folks in richmond be sayin cuzz but dey aint crips. but in richmond doe ders no blacc crips and bloods or so ever its only the asians dats bangin like that like the S.O.D'z ( Sons Of Death ) dats the only active asian crip gang out here in richmond. dey had otha crip gangs like R.T.C ( Rich Town Crips )
O.C ( Oriental Crips ) but dem boys kinda died out a long tyme ago. cuzz all 3 sets that i named use to get along but sum how now its like wutever
fucc everybody if you aint with dis set our down with us then fucc you. dats how its like now. the bloods out here aint that deep the only blood gang right now dats active is C.O.B ( Color Of Blood ) dem fooz roam on the southside of Richmond but dey still be gettin shot at sidewayz by both the S.O.D'z N the Surenos. oh yeah one mo thang before i bounce up out of here i say the most craziest rivalry in the east bay history is between the city of RICHMOND N the city of OAKLAND dem 2 cities never got along frum the get go. i dunt noe if ya agree but dats wut i think frum my point of view.

YungLoCC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YungLoCC » February 11th, 2004, 4:23 pm

oh yeah dis is to big rusty... yeah dem EASTER HILL LOCOS you can say sum wut dey down but not as down as dem ORIENTALS cuz der was at one point wen the S.O.D's and SURENOS was fonkin hella hard cuzz wen i use to go to richmond high i seen a group of dem asians runnin in frum the back door to the lunch room bankin on all the mexicans dey seen i mean dem boys was lettin dem ese's have it doe. even on the streets dey was lettin dem have it bustin on dem hoppin out of cars beatin dey ass
"LOL" but dats frum wut i seen frum my own eyes. but dem surenos weak
out here most of em cracced out. but if we was to go at it with dem NORTE's
dey would put up a better fight then dem SURENOS. and dats on the realz.

anonymousman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by anonymousman » February 14th, 2004, 1:17 am

is Fairfield considered part of the bay area? they got pinoy's like crazy and theres a lot of sureños up there, i was surprised when i visited an old homeboy from modesto that moved up there i dont know what them filipinos bang but they are pretty deep up in that part of the state fairfield & napa.

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » February 14th, 2004, 2:59 am

lolllllllll ^^^

YungLoCC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YungLoCC » February 14th, 2004, 5:34 pm

yeah squarefield is part of the bay that city up in the northbay.

bayarearep
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: USA

Unread post by bayarearep » April 1st, 2004, 8:50 pm

all i have to say is fillmoe was always the biggest hood...

especially before they rebuilt OC and the vall...
but i won't speak on who rides hardest or what not...

BIG RUSTY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BIG RUSTY » April 2nd, 2004, 3:24 am

Hasnt there been a lot of fillmore on fillmore killings these past couple years?I got people that live by Ella Hill Hutch and they say them youngsters was going crazy in the Fillmoe.Hey Bayarearep,do you know if the projects in North Beach still around?You know the ones by fisherman's warf.

lowdown
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by lowdown » April 2nd, 2004, 10:45 am

those projects in north beach got torn down and rebuilt I think, fillmore is still dirty but its gettin hella gentrified, rent is like 2 g's for a 3 br on webster and grove across the street from the projects, its definantly still crackin on haight and fillmore though,,