Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by TarHeelRED » December 6th, 2005, 3:01 am

johnnyblac wrote:
[size=large]i am neither a muslim or a christian[/size] but i believe that the qur'an and the bible both have some alterations to it.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » December 6th, 2005, 4:15 am

TarHeelRED wrote:
johnnyblac wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:

[size=x-large]i am neither a muslim or a christian[/size] but i believe that the qur'an and the bible both have some alterations to it. for example i can tell the same story to 10 different people and by the end of the week a hundred people would have heard the story told a different way.
Dude, do u now have a recollection of what u typed? U said u are neither muslim or Christian. So that signifies that u espouse neither 1 and oppose BOTH. .
lol dude you is trippin.. just because i said i wasn't a muslim or christian doesn't make me an anti-muslim or anti-christian.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » December 6th, 2005, 4:35 am

TarHeelRED wrote:
johnnyblac wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:

[size=x-large]i am neither a muslim or a christian[/size] but i believe that the qur'an and the bible both have some alterations to it. for example i can tell the same story to 10 different people and by the end of the week a hundred people would have heard the story told a different way.
U can't be luke warm dog. U ever heard of this euphemism, If u don't stand 4 something; you'll fall 4 anything!? The Bible classifies u as a heathen, an infidel, a nonbeliever, a son of the devil....... need I say more?

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I wil spue thee out of my mouth.
lol sinners are in the same boat as infidels and heathens.

sinning during the week then going to church on sunday doesn't make you any holier than infidels, and heathens. so you the one thats luke warm.

but don't worry bout it i'll save you a spot next to me in hell since yo sinning ass will be there to.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 6th, 2005, 5:58 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Very mature post, I'm sure you'll convince a lot of people to see it your way :roll: :roll: :roll:

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 6th, 2005, 5:59 pm

^^^^^^By the way, I was talking about this part here:
johnnyblac wrote:but don't worry bout it i'll save you a spot next to me in hell since yo sinning ass will be there to.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » December 7th, 2005, 12:34 am

heathen-an unconverted member or person that flouts(disregards) the God of the BIBLE
infidel-1 who is not a Christian or opposes Christianity 2: an unbeliever esp. with respect 2 a particular religion

Yes, I do partake in sin, but there is no condemantion 4 me; Romans 8:1-2.

U will NOT behold me in hell. U have an opportunity 2 be freed from the fetters of hell also. Read my post in the Jehovah's Witnesses subject.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » December 7th, 2005, 4:46 am

Instead of discussing what an infidel,heathen or sinner is you could think about how you as christians or christianity could improve the situation of mankind.
I think this is not accomplished by putting all kinds of people into boxes and condeming 3/4 of mankind.
It is accomplished by reaching hands, by forgiving, understanding, educating yourself and by stopping spreading this narrow-minded "you will all go to hell" attitude that has messed this world up since day one.
And, to answer the original question, yes, it makes sense to be black and christian, if it makes you a better person and gives you peace.
Do not forget that not only christians enslaved africans, but muslims did also big time. For example the Island of Sansibar on the East Coast of Tanzania has its name from the Arabic word "sanc" (black slave) and "bar" (island).
Which means island of the black slaves obviously.
We should stop this trench-fighting and start to accept and tolerate each others beliefs.
If you think you have found the truth... Great, but why force it upon others. Many people in history thought that they knew the truth and they were wrong. In fact there was never a living person who found out about the truth, cause only god knows....

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » December 7th, 2005, 7:13 am

And in addition i dont think that god gives a damn if you smoke a joint, drink a beer or steal candy. Those passages of the Bible sound like man made BS to me.
Starting wars, killing innocent, raping etc. are indeed serious crimes, but take a look at the world. There are lots of people who claim to be christian who do/did that.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » January 29th, 2006, 11:05 pm

Sentenza wrote:And in addition i dont think that god gives a damn if you smoke a joint, drink a beer or steal candy. Those passages of the Bible sound like man made BS to me.Starting wars, killing innocent, raping etc. are indeed serious crimes, but take a look at the world. There are lots of people who claim to be christian who do/did that.
Bless him Jesus.
1 Timothy 2:4:Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » February 18th, 2006, 12:44 pm

refering to the title:
"does it make any sense for blacks to be christians"

i dont have the answer to this, because it can be said that christianity was used to colonize and inslave many blacks as well as other peoples.
The same question can be said about the Islamic religion, they also enslaved many blacks...maybe even more then white christians.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » February 18th, 2006, 3:05 pm

^ And Islam was the first to be used enslave blacks

If this was about 600 years back, the I wonder what relgion the NOI and Farrakham and them would have been for/against? So different....

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » February 19th, 2006, 1:05 am

Good point. They might be converts to Christianity and instead of the white man being the devil it would be the Arabians. They still wouldn't eat pork though. LOL LOL. They don't know what they're missing especially in some grilled barbecued pork ribs....Scrumptious!!

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » February 19th, 2006, 9:51 am

haha....pork is the bomb !
But as for farrakhan....he cant acknowledge this, that arabs held black slaves because then everything he stands for will come crashing down.
Im mexican and im catholic (dont practice it much though)so i'm confused by this question too....christianity was also used to subdue and control the native peoples of the americas. Maybe i shouldnt be catholic?
But then again just because a religion is used in a wrong way doesnt make the religion itself wrong. Blacks and mexicans are are different continents so we werent there when Jesus was there so we had to have his preachings past along to us....just like all people who werent there alive during those times. they got it past along too.
Is it just me or does the whole islamic religion just seem wrong the way its carried around the world? every islamic country is backwards as hell and they become violent over the stupidest thing like those cartoons recently in the news. I'm pretty sure that islam is not the true religion that god is akind to.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » February 19th, 2006, 4:15 pm

TarHeelRED wrote:Good point. They might be converts to Christianity and instead of the white man being the devil it would be the Arabians. They still wouldn't eat pork though. LOL LOL. They don't know what they're missing especially in some grilled barbecued pork ribs....Scrumptious!!
Even thought Jesus said that food can no longer be claean/unclean, I still recommend cutting back on pork, maybe even cutting it off altogether, purely for health though.
The diet they had was pretty healthy, fish and stuff

lol but where do you live? Let's barbeque some lazy weekend haha

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » February 19th, 2006, 4:16 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:haha....pork is the bomb !
But as for farrakhan....he cant acknowledge this, that arabs held black slaves because then everything he stands for will come crashing down.
Im mexican and im catholic (dont practice it much though)so i'm confused by this question too....christianity was also used to subdue and control the native peoples of the americas. Maybe i shouldnt be catholic?
But then again just because a religion is used in a wrong way doesnt make the religion itself wrong. Blacks and mexicans are are different continents so we werent there when Jesus was there so we had to have his preachings past along to us....just like all people who werent there alive during those times. they got it past along too.
Is it just me or does the whole islamic religion just seem wrong the way its carried around the world? every islamic country is backwards as hell and they become violent over the stupidest thing like those cartoons recently in the news. I'm pretty sure that islam is not the true religion that god is akind to.
Even if you aren't practicing your religion much, it's easy to see the truth is in you :wink:

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » February 19th, 2006, 11:53 pm

fuck dirty as porky pig trash. i never eat that shit. Farrakhan did admit the Arabs sold and bought black slaves. It was at a meeting with black christians who brought it up. I think his son, in his ignorance, got offended but Farakahn told him to chill, that what the black christians were saying was true. And Christianity is not a white religion, many of its current forms are, but you still have denominations like the coptic church from Ethiopia... one of the oldest christian religions on the planet

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » February 22nd, 2006, 12:57 am

End Violence NOW wrote:
TarHeelRED wrote:Good point. They might be converts to Christianity and instead of the white man being the devil it would be the Arabians. They still wouldn't eat pork though. LOL LOL. They don't know what they're missing especially in some grilled barbecued pork ribs....Scrumptious!!
Even thought Jesus said that food can no longer be claean/unclean, I still recommend cutting back on pork, maybe even cutting it off altogether, purely for health though.
The diet they had was pretty healthy, fish and stuff

lol but where do you live? Let's barbeque some lazy weekend haha
You're correct EVN. Romans 14:14 says, I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, TO HIM it is unclean. Some more great references are in Mark 7:14-23, Roman 14:20, Acts 10:15, and 1 of my favorite 1's is 1 Timothy 4:4!!
I'm going 2 have 2 pass on your invitation, EVN. I abide in Virginia. LOL. It would be vain 2 travel all the way 2 L.A.(I reckon that's where u reside) 4 a mere barbecue. I don't have any frequent flyer miles. I tell u what though, partition X, and see if he will be my substitute. LOL!! Send me a plate though.

Quickdraw
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Quickdraw » March 4th, 2006, 1:34 pm

So any of yall can honestly say all Africans were systematically forced into Islam? Africa is a big ass continent, you just dont come through and do that. Yall doubt the strength of black people jsut like the whites have programmed you to do. The difference between Arab slavery is that it didnt include the entire black race into slavery, everybody had slaves no shit, you dont think any Africans imposed anything on their conquered foes? We had empires too and in those times certain things were common place. Unless the Arabs controlled every single African then theres no way they could impose it on all of us because we had always had our own self governed empires. Did you think everybody in West Africa lived like savages like white people told you? Mansa Musa went to Mecca, the Meccans didnt come to Mali. Black Muslims pretty much ran West Africa not Arab Muslims, theyw ere there for trading ventures into North Africa. Ive already given examples of West Africans converting on their own and Kings converting on their own I have nothing more to say cuz if you dont get it now you never will. But the difference between American slavery is that we were captured and taken to a foreign land to live under the sole control of whites. The entire black race in America lived under slavery, the entire black race back on the motherland did not live under slavery. Thats how we were systematically converted in America because we didnt have the independence or choices of the West Africans we descended from to accept or fight Islam. Of course white people will say that all blacks were converted to Islam, they will say anything bad about Islam so ignore their blanket BS statements because those are the same people who will tell you there were no Kingdoms in Africa.

Quickdraw
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Quickdraw » March 4th, 2006, 1:39 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:haha....pork is the bomb !
They're not the ones molesting your cousin though. So dont throw that judgement around just because Islam isnt on that "son of god" shit. How exactly do Catholics carry themselves? They call priest "father" which is straight blasphemy, treat the Pope like God on Earth which is double blasphemy, then also worship idols which is the lowest you can go.

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » March 4th, 2006, 2:23 pm

Quickdraw wrote:So any of yall can honestly say all Africans were systematically forced into Islam? Africa is a big ass continent, you just dont come through and do that. Yall doubt the strength of black people jsut like the whites have programmed you to do. The difference between Arab slavery is that it didnt include the entire black race into slavery, everybody had slaves no shit, you dont think any Africans imposed anything on their conquered foes? We had empires too and in those times certain things were common place. Unless the Arabs controlled every single African then theres no way they could impose it on all of us because we had always had our own self governed empires. Did you think everybody in West Africa lived like savages like white people told you? Mansa Musa went to Mecca, the Meccans didnt come to Mali. Black Muslims pretty much ran West Africa not Arab Muslims, theyw ere there for trading ventures into North Africa. Ive already given examples of West Africans converting on their own and Kings converting on their own I have nothing more to say because if you dont get it now you never will. But the difference between American slavery is that we were captured and taken to a foreign land to live under the sole control of whites. The entire black race in America lived under slavery, the entire black race back on the motherland did not live under slavery. Thats how we were systematically converted in America because we didnt have the independence or choices of the West Africans we descended from to accept or fight Islam. Of course white people will say that all blacks were converted to Islam, they will say anything bad about Islam so ignore their blanket BS statements because those are the same people who will tell you there were no Kingdoms in Africa.
They were forced into Islam. The thing is that the Islam slaved trade was much slower and less violent than the Atlantic slave trade. Most of the slaves who came to the Middle East were women, actually it was 3 women for every man, they were mostly used for labor around the house and for concubines. The difference between the Atlantic slave trade and the Islamic slave was the treatment of the slaves once they converted. Once a Muslim slave was converted they were considered part of the group and they were free to run errands for their slavemaster. This system was not run the same way that the Christian slave trade was, the Christian slave trade was violent, degrading and backed by vilence and humiliation. Even when Slaves converted to Christianity they were still heathens to Whites, they were souless and the bible lessons preached that blacks were inferior ans should be under the white man. Islam didnt do this, once they converted to Islam they were on the same level religously although they werent on an economic and social level. I learned that from a University class which showed the numbers documented from the Atlantic and Muslim slave trades.....u must remember when the Muslim slave trade started(before the Atlantic) it was common to have slaves all over the region. U must also know that the Muslim slave trade went on for almost 500-800 years before the Atlantic slave trade BUT still the Atlantic slave trade was responsible for MANY more slaves going into bondage. The Muslim slave trade was a slow paced long term thing that usually took place after Muslims conquered small cities in Eastern and Norther Africa.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » March 4th, 2006, 3:01 pm

Just curious-

For those speaking on Islam, I would like to know whom or where did you get your "understanding" or "interpretation" of Islam from? And I've ask this before, but according to what you know, What is Islam? What is a Muslim?

Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown_G » March 7th, 2006, 12:07 am

It really doesnt make sense to be apart of the islam stuff when god said do not worship any false idles.

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » March 7th, 2006, 3:53 am

Oaktown_G wrote:It really doesnt make sense to be apart of the islam stuff when god said do not worship any false idles.
Christians do that too

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » March 7th, 2006, 9:31 am

Oaktown_G wrote:It really doesnt make sense to be apart of the islam stuff when god said do not worship any false idles.

:?

G.L.J
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by G.L.J » March 7th, 2006, 2:16 pm

I aint no big time religous guy but I am Black and I do count my self as a christian.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 14th, 2006, 9:31 am

The Makuria certainly thought so. Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makuria

Makuria (Arabic: ãÞÑÉ; al-Mukurra or al-Muqurra) was a kingdom located in what is today Southern Egypt and Northern Sudan. It was one of a group of Nubian kingdoms that emerged in the centuries after the fall of the Kingdom of Meroë, which had dominated the region from around 800 BC to AD 350. Makuria originally covered the area along the Nile River from the Third Cataract to somewhere between the Fifth and Sixth Cataracts. It also had control over the trade routes, mines, and oases to the east and west. Its capital was Dongola (or Dunqulah), and the kingdom is sometimes known by the name of its capital.

By the end of the 6th century it had converted to Christianity, but in the 7th century Egypt was conquered by the Islamic armies, and Nubia was cut off from the rest of Christendom. In 651 an Arab army invaded, but it was repulsed and a treaty known as the baqt was signed creating a relative peace between the two sides that lasted until the 13th century. Makuria expanded, annexing its northern neighbour Nobatia either at the time of the Arab invasion or during the reign of King Merkurios. The period from roughly 750 to 1150 saw the kingdom stable and prosperous, in what has been called the "Golden Age". Increased aggression from Egypt, the Islamicization and Arabization of the populace, and even internal discord led to the state's collapse in the 14th century.

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » March 14th, 2006, 6:01 pm

Think about Baptists. :D

Most Black Christians are Baptists, so they are like the founders of that religious sector of Christianity...

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 14th, 2006, 8:06 pm

Coptic church in Ethiopia.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » January 1st, 2008, 10:50 am

Panik wrote:they are the oldest surviving group of christians.
In the beginning of the first century, all Christians were Jews. The first Christian churches were made up of Jews. As Christianity expanded, gentiles converted. This led to a theological debate in the church that was settled in favor of the gentiles. Toward the end of the first century as Christianity continued to expand the term Catholic began being used to describe the universal body of believers.

Specifically, historians have a letter written by Ignatius to Christians in Smyrna around 106 as the earliest surviving witness to the use of the term "Catholic Church" (Letter to the Smyrnaeans). By it Ignatius designated the Christian Church in its universal aspect, excluding heretics, such as those who disavow "the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Saviour Jesus Christ, which suffered for our sins, and which the Father, of His goodness, raised up again."

Needless to say there isn't any single church that represents Christiandom today and even Catholics have schismed; however, you could still use the word Catholic (outside of the context of the Catholic Church) to describe the worldwide body of believers.

Interestingly, the name Panik (though Panik isn't Panik's real name (or is it?), is a German, Russian, and English surname derived from the medieval given name PANIK which was originally from the Latin PANCRATIUS, meaning an all-in wrestler. The name was used by early Christians as meaning 'Almighty' and was a suitable epithet of Christ.

The name was fairly popular in England during the Middle Ages, for in the 7th century the relics of an early martyr of this name had been sent to England by the Pope.

YP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YP » January 9th, 2008, 12:00 am

Christianity or to be a Yeshuahee is the true religion

ive studied and studied and studied

all/most other religions have really no solid base...its the facts

DO your research and im not typing about catholicism either

richjesus

Unread post by richjesus » January 9th, 2008, 11:58 am

i dont understand this thread at all. a better question is, y not?

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » January 17th, 2008, 9:39 pm

Well the same discussion happens among white power groups as black power groups regarding Christianity. Most of your radical white power advocates are not traditional Protestant Christians to be sure just like most of your radical black power advocates are not. So you get this same question asked among racist black power and racist white power groups. The reason is simple. They want power, revolution, and control. And both see Christianity as standing in their way. That's why the question comes up.
richjesus wrote:i dont understand this thread at all. a better question is, y not?