lil wayne

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
L.E..
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LAKE ELSINORE

lil wayne

Unread post by L.E.. » December 4th, 2005, 8:30 pm

is he a blood?...i got his new CD shits dope btw...

but in one song he says-"a littole red hankerchief haangin out the right side of my poccet"

n iono id youve seen the birdman lugz Comercial niggas try to be all inconspicious with that shit...

L.E..
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: lil wayne

Unread post by L.E.. » December 4th, 2005, 11:53 pm

25-16-3 wrote:is he a blood?...i got his new CD shits dope btw...

but in one song he says-"a littole red hankerchief haangin out the right side of my poccet"

n iono id youve seen the birdman lugz Comercial niggas try to be all inconspicious with that shit...
let me rewrite this shit....

but in one song he says-"a little red hankerchief hangin out the right side of my poccet"

n some other songs he Ce talkin bout paitin the City red n blahh shit like that

n iono if youve seen the birdman lugz Comercial niggas try to Ce all inconspicious with red...

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 5th, 2005, 11:05 am

He's Vicelords, which does have a set out in NO

Bloods aren't the only ones flagging that way

And ya, he makes it obvious he flags red, which he didn't do before, it's suddenly "fashionable" to do that with Game and Dipset and everyone doing that, so he just does it and let people think whatever would make him look "cooler"

If he said "Vicelords", a lot of westcoast people would be like "who?"

L.E..
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by L.E.. » December 5th, 2005, 9:04 pm

thanks homie but Ya i heard of them Vicelords latin kinds gangster discyples but i didnt know they banged Colors...thanks for the answers Cuhzz

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » December 6th, 2005, 12:21 pm

Yeah, I think Vice Lords & Bloods flag the same and GD's & Crips flag the same.

I think were in a time where in the music biz, it's okay to be more open about gang affilitation, as a fashion statement or not. People used to hint at shit way back when, but shit aint blowin up like the 80's and early 90's so now it's not as taboo or something.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 6th, 2005, 5:52 pm

youngwun wrote:Yeah, I think Vice Lords & Bloods flag the same and GD's & Crips flag the same.

I think were in a time where in the music biz, it's okay to be more open about gang affilitation, as a fashion statement or not. People used to hint at shit way back when, but shit aint blowin up like the 80's and early 90's so now it's not as taboo or something.
I bet if DJ Quik straight up said "I'm a Blood" like Game is doing instead naming a specifically 400 block Trees (which mainstream America doesn't know about) then he would have sold big. But his old record label censored him even in uncensored songs

Like in that "Can't F^ck with a Nigga" song, when KK was saying
always set tripping,
throwing three fingers to the fools that's BLANK
They censored out cripping

Snoop Dogg got big by claiming just "Crips" even though he threw up 20s and wore steelers in his music video, and just teh same, Crips got more popular because of Snoop Dogg. Just like Game and Dipset today.

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » December 6th, 2005, 6:31 pm

You most definately on to something, but Snoop didn't start spittin "crip this, crip that" till lately, ya know? Like that "Drop it like it's Hot" was the first I remembered hearing the crip talk in one of his singles.

My point is look at length of time between Quik's album and that last Snoop album and kompare that to the situation on the streets of LA during that time. "Safe & Sound" kame out at a dangerous time for LA gangs. It's like being from a crip or Blood set is kool now... it's marketable, along with being shot.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 6th, 2005, 7:56 pm

youngwun wrote:You most definately on to something, but Snoop didn't start spittin "crip this, crip that" till lately, ya know? Like that "Drop it like it's Hot" was the first I remembered hearing the crip talk in one of his singles.

My point is look at length of time between Quik's album and that last Snoop album and kompare that to the situation on the streets of LA during that time. "Safe & Sound" kame out at a dangerous time for LA gangs. It's like being from a crip or Blood set is kool now... it's marketable, along with being shot.
LOL @ being shot haha Without that where would 50 Cent and Game be? underground, but once someone tries to kill them they are cool? Crazy world. That was one of the first things most people heard about them and all the wannabes from junior high just jumped on the bandwagon

Ya, you're right about Snoop not being explicit till recently, but now I can't remember right. I mean, EVERYONE and their grandma knew Snoop was Cripping and C-walking and stuff, but if he didn't say it in a song, how?.... Maybe just because he had that giant blue Chuck Taylor in that video haha....
But really, I forgot, how did people find out he was Cripping? because that is the one crip everyone in America can name, even about Tookie

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » December 7th, 2005, 10:27 am

Truth homie, all the writing was on the wall in Snoop videos, but at the same time they rode the whole "Snoop is a konvicted drug dealer" card. I mean, West Koast niggaz knew he was a gang member, but it was taboo as I stated before. A lot of people just looked at those videos as outsiders and went "woah, the west koast is all about bbq's, 40's and hot girls". It made them pretty much ignore the meaning of the lyrics which were about grimm-er things.

People that maybe kaught on thought the Crips were one giant gang and were probably unstoppable. How vague Boyz & Menace were probably added a lot of mystery. Besides the obvious kolors you see and the name dropping of "Rollin 60's" & "Krenshaw Mafia", you have no idea what is really going on if your an outsider. Neither necessarily FEEL like a gang movie, because an outsider's approach to gangs is that they are a huge group that moves as one, not as seperate factions.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 7th, 2005, 6:54 pm

hahaha ya, that is the biggest misconception among people who never hear about gangs much. Like on MTV doing that Suge Knight/Biggie/Tupac "documentary", they said "people suspected Suge wore red because he was in the notorious LA Bloods gang". LOL and he had beef with some people from FTP and stuff for stealing his car

And boyz n the hood was inglewood, at least in the beginning with them as kids, why did they say south central, they even had the planes going right over Darby-Dixon and century and then captions came up saying south la

But that movie was more about the individuals than the gangs, because they never mention who exactly was in what gang, sorta like how you said "Piru Love" song was for all the blood gangs, not just Ru's

And I know what you mean about Snoop now, at first they were just like "he's gangsta" and stuff, not specific at all. Just a generic G-image

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » December 8th, 2005, 9:37 pm

Well I mean, Inglewood is Inglewood, but it's all the same deal... Long Beach, Los Angeles, Bompton, Watts, etc. But it just goes to show you... to the uneducated peoples, i.e. 90% of the people who saw that movie, they kould have filmed the thing in fucking Oakland and no one woulda known haha. People was just like "yo, this is what happens in the ghetto".

But yeah, you kould basically tell that in both movies, both groups of kids (except Tre and Ricky and the obvious kats from Menace like the black power dude and football nigga) were involved in gangs, but that wasn't the main focus. Even in Menace with Kain playing a much more volitile roll, it still was niggaz with potential who got faced with different obstacles. The vague-ness of gang specifics was obviously kause shit was really poppin' off at the time when those kame out, but also kause it wasn't the basis of the film. I mean, a lot of nigga think it is, but racism, poverty, everything... it was about being a black man in the worst times in Los Angeles' history, at least south of Olympic.

And yeah, they hyped up Suge's possible involvement with a blood gang. I mean, now it's known that he and Mob Piru associates (for lack of a better term), but there was no gang names back then. You didnt say "Rollin 20's Long Beach" when talking about Snoop. It's just a sign of times changing.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 8th, 2005, 10:17 pm

Ya, the BoyZ in the Hood, what I liked is how it showed the beginning childhood differences leading to different lives and fates later on, Doughboy got no love from his mom even though he cared about his family and he ended up murdered in the what happens to them after thing at the end. That's also why he acted like he hated all women the whole time, if you notice they that one girl was like "why you keep saying bitch" and disrespeciting all females
But also the area they live in too because his brother did nothing to deserve to be shot except be in the wrong place and know the wrong people. that was a good movie

One of Suge's old FTP associates who he later beefed with got arrested about 7 months ago for spreading his meth operations all the way out to Riverside because he was dumping all the waste and by products from his lab in small towns and stuff because the police there weren't really experienced

And I just read from a story X posted up, Snoop literally says Eastside Rollin 20 Crip Gang" as the first word to one track on his R&G album! Ya, you're right, times are changing

classicc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by classicc » December 8th, 2005, 10:42 pm

End Violence NOW wrote:He's Vicelords, which does have a set out in NO

And ya, he makes it obvious he flags red, which he didn't do before, it's suddenly "fashionable" to do that with Game and Dipset and everyone doing that, so he just does it and let people think whatever would make him look "cooler"

i am just trippin on all these niccas that weren't bangin and flaggin all of sudden actin like they and o g like blood hound or tookie. lil wayne is no blood if he is from new orleans i HEAR he is a vice lord but thats here say i am statin to wonder if these new rappers huddlin up sayin yeah wearin this color is gonna make me hot. lol clown ass niccas

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 8th, 2005, 10:53 pm

classicc wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:He's Vicelords, which does have a set out in NO

i am just trippin on all these niccas that weren't bangin and flaggin all of sudden actin like they and o g like blood hound or tookie. lil wayne is no blood if he is from new orleans i HEAR he is a vice lord but thats here say i am statin to wonder if these new rappers huddlin up sayin yeah wearin this color is gonna make me hot. lol clown ass niccas
^^^^^^^^LOL

Lil Wayne says, "Baby, does this flag make me look gangsta?"

HAHAHAHAHA :lol:

classicc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by classicc » December 8th, 2005, 10:55 pm

youngwun wrote:You most definately on to something, but Snoop didn't start spittin "crip this, crip that" till lately, ya know? Like that "Drop it like it's Hot" was the first I remembered hearing the crip talk in one of his singles.

nuff said now the shit is marketable lil wayne look at this nicca paul wall hahaa i used to listen to swisha house before they blew up. on my brotha trevon this nicca ain't never say nothin bout bein a piru the only nicca that claimed was slim thug and his pahtna esg claimed crip this shit was bout 5 years ago. i think alot of this niccas is gonna get some fools killed. just like when snoop came out every body was a crip. i am not tryna say these niccas gotta be killas and puttin in work but if you been out for some years and NOW you claim come on Cuz. Game came out last year the nicca had niccas even mexicans wearin Cincinatti red hats. i can almost guarantee when spider loc drops niccas gonna wrap blue rags around the necc.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » December 9th, 2005, 10:01 am

to clear things up --- lil wayne is Blood (or at least thinks he is)
he peaced me piru a while back 0 backstage at a concert he did at XS in tampa bay

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » December 9th, 2005, 12:19 pm

to clear things up --- lil wayne is Blood (or at least thinks he is)
he peaced me piru a while back 0 backstage at a concert he did at XS in tampa bay
For real? That's some konfusing shit.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 10th, 2005, 12:43 am

purplecityhello wrote:to clear things up --- lil wayne is Blood (or at least thinks he is)
Word? What Ru's are out in NO? From an undeniable source only 2 or so gangs flag colors in NO and the only red flaggers were Vicelords.

Well if that's true my source was slow to get new info or like maybe lil wayne is just acting blood (like you said, "or at least he thinks he is"?)

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » December 10th, 2005, 8:37 am

he say he blood on his new album

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » December 10th, 2005, 10:43 am

What exactly does he say on the album?

This might be something new... probably Mack 10's influence from a kouple years back. I mean... I guess they can go ahead and start they own blood gang if they please... god knows niggaz already done that all over the US, but it seems weird. They used to be rockin bandanas from white to orange, didnt matter. Now it's strictly flamed up.

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » December 11th, 2005, 6:00 pm

purplecityhello wrote:to clear things up --- lil wayne is Blood (or at least thinks he is)
yea i starting thinkin he was Piru kause he would rock his flag left. and on the East, Ru's mostly rockin left. and he had MOB tatted on his chest, but that realli dont mean nothing. and he would throw up B's in the video, but u wouldnt know if he really throwing a B or he just did like an "OK" sign. But Wheezy is nise. i did her he was Vice Lord and BG too. But this is all what i hear on the streets.

classicc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by classicc » December 15th, 2005, 2:23 am

i betcha that nicca got high one night sittin in his hotel room lonely from the cash money split up tossed up a quarter and said heads i am claimin blood tails crip clearly this is a case of mistaken identity. lettin yall know somethin he iS the only cash money artist that was raised by baby he is a good RAPPER and a decent actor he gotta alot of bitches cause he is a RAPPER i would hope you niccas don't run out and throw a rag of any color in your poccet thinkin if he can do i can . some nicca will at the very least socc you IN the fuccin mouth. what you don't see is the PAYROLL checcs he is handin out to have is on gang given to him on his 20th birthday by baby

classicc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by classicc » December 15th, 2005, 2:29 am

oh yeah i caught that to i think he did throw up a half hearted B in that new vid he got. the song is aight not the best wheezy but still good i can say this i am startin to change my mind a lil bit bout jim jones atleast he came out the gate claimin blood

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » December 15th, 2005, 10:50 pm

classicc wrote:i betcha that nicca got high one night sittin in his hotel room lonely from the cash money split up tossed up a quarter and said heads i am claimin blood tails crip clearly this is a case of mistaken identity. lettin yall know somethin he iS the only cash money artist that was raised by baby he is a good RAPPER and a decent actor he gotta alot of women cause he is a RAPPER i would hope you niccas don't run out and throw a rag of any color in your poccet thinkin if he can do i can . some nicca will at the very least socc you IN the fuccin mouth. what you don't see is the PAYROLL checcs he is handin out to have is on gang given to him on his 20th birthday by baby
LMFAO @ ya quarter theory. u prolly right

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 30th, 2005, 11:03 am

okay I know youngwun was banned and that sucks but just to respond to what he said, I just listened to "Paid the Cost to be the Bo$$" (the album with "beautiful" on it) and on "Pimp Slapp'd" I noticed he drops in a lot more references:

A day in the life, of a Rollin 20 Crip
Im just a stuburn type of fella with a head like a brick
And just because I sip Moet, they say that I'm hopeless
But I don't give a fuck, so blame it on the loc'ness
Now this is how we do it when we checking the grip
Snoop Dogg is in this bitch, so don't even trip
I bust a funky composition that's smooth as a prism
Now check it as I kick off in this funky ass rhythm
It's six dub, the phone is ringing off the deck
And it's some homies talking about I disrespected they set
Aww nah, Dogg aint this y'all
I got couple relatives up off of Crenshaw
This is about me and Simon, not me and y'all
I got love for a bunch of real B-Dogs
Like K-Dub, Top Cat, B-Reel, E-Rock, Boo-Lay Face
And the homie Har'ron rest in peace
Big Jay from Cappinella Park
He used to blaze with his nephew after dark

On and on, rocking big neck bone
Mauseberg I had to put you on my song
It's so real, I had show some love
Now back to the scrub, it aint about Crip or Blood

It's about you being jealous bout what I does
Cos I does it the most, the King of The Coast, in a Pink Plaint Pos
I back ya down like Shack Daddy, and bust on ya out the new Caddy
And skirt up Wiltshire Boulevard
I'm not Xzibit, you can't pull my hoe card
I fucked all your groupies, when you was doing time and kept Snoopy
With the fags & snitches, no killers just bitches
And you was paying niggas off of all my riches
You so hard caught, why aint you go to level 4? Oh I know (bitch)
But I walk the main line everytime I go down
You can check my G Files, I do it LBC style
I got the word on ya Simon (Simon), you need to just start rhyming
Cos you the biggest star on your label
And them other niggas just crumbs off my table, you're not able
To compete with the heat that I drop
And I still aint been paid, for One-Eight-Seven On A Cop
I started yo shit, and I'll end yo shit
If you keep talking shit on Crip
I think Boo-Lay was IFG or CMG or something, I heard his name come up before

Blues
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Blues » December 30th, 2005, 3:57 pm

Lil Wayne a Blood or Vice Lord?!......man I cant see that even being logicially

true because there's a street called V.L in one of those wards down there.And

I remember he kinda thrown up a C w/his ring and pinky fingers on BET

Spring Bling like 3 or so years ago w/a Black Cleveland Caviliers jersey w/

the royal blue letters.I can't even verify on that M.O.B mess joe,I think he's a

prime example of what happens when people listen to Pac a little too much!

classicc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by classicc » January 9th, 2006, 11:33 pm

Blues wrote:Lil Wayne a Blood or Vice Lord?!......man I cant see that even being logicially

true because there's a street called V.L in one of those wards down there.And

I remember he kinda thrown up a C w/his ring and pinky fingers on BET

Spring Bling like 3 or so years ago w/a Black Cleveland Caviliers jersey w/

the royal blue letters.I can't even verify on that M.O.B mess joe,I think he's a

prime example of what happens when people listen to Pac a little too much!
this nicca is just confused he can rap but he needs to leave it at that

L.E..
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by L.E.. » January 10th, 2006, 12:04 am

HE ANSWERED IT IN AN INTERVIEW...NIGGA SAID "NAW I AINT A BLOOD I KNOW SOME THEY MY FAMILY THEY CONSIDER ME ONE SO I CONSIDER MY SELF ONE"

raphead2001
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: L.A.

Unread post by raphead2001 » January 12th, 2006, 11:20 am

did anybody read the lil wayne interview at allhiphop.com. he said Fuck Juve, Fuck B.G., Fuck Mannie. i really cant feel weezy cuz Juve is my dogg

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 12th, 2006, 2:28 pm

Rap beefs are dumb

That's why I listen to each song individually because it's music, it's not trying to be like "i fux with G-Unit" or "I fux with BWS" (unless you know them personally I guss) but it's about music, so I really don't care.

Sounds crazy but if Brittney Spears out of nowhere came out with a song that was the BI then who cares, I'm listening to the song, not her

caineIsignz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by caineIsignz » January 23rd, 2006, 8:54 pm

i don't like lil'wayne. the guy a bitch.

anyone see the video "Fireman"... baby is holdin' up a Red RAg on this shoulder...whats the deal with this?

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 20th, 2006, 1:14 pm

i thought this character lil wayne was just wearing red rags for his health but its obvious in his new video where he kicking it in ny with ny damus everybody is raggin in they back right pocket that this guy thinks hes blood now