underground "stop snitchin dvd" founder looking fo

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

underground "stop snitchin dvd" founder looking fo

Unread post by Qdawg » April 4th, 2006, 8:54 pm

(AP) BALTIMORE, Md. A man featured prominently in the "Stop Snitching" DVD celebrating witness intimidation has been arrested, and police said they found evidence that he was working on a sequel.

Ronnie Thomas, 30, who was identified in the video by his street name "Skinny Suge," was arrested Sunday after a confidential informant told police he would be in South Baltimore.

Thomas has been at large since February, when, police said, he beat a woman who worked in Mondawmin Mall and robbed a woman in an incident days later. He was charged with assault, robbery and probation violation.

Thomas was being held on $30,000 bail at Central Booking, a spokeswoman for the Baltimore state's attorney's office told The Baltimore Sun.

The "Stop Snitching" DVD created an uproar in part because Carmelo Anthony, the Denver Nuggets basketball star and Baltimore native, appeared briefly in the homemade film. It also features drug dealers who warn residents they could "get a hole in their head" for cooperating with authorities. In the video, Anthony stands in front of a wall and smiles as another man talks. Anthony has said he wasn't aware of the DVD's message.

Thomas appears in the opening segments of the "Stop Snitching" DVD, advising "rats" and "snitches" that he hopes they catch "AIDS in your mouth." He also raps about his record label.

While executing a search-and-seizure warrant at his girlfriend's Southwest Baltimore apartment, police found evidence that a sequel was in production, according to police documents. They did not give further details.

Margaret T. Burns, the state's attorney's spokeswoman, said that witness intimidation remains a serious problem in Baltimore.

"We continue to see an escalation in the number of witnesses intimidated or threatened," Burns said. She said the problem is twofold. Prosecutors deal with cases in which victims and families prefer to handle disputes on the streets, rather than in the courts. And victims and witnesses who may be willing to cooperate ultimately refuse because the state's system of protecting witnesses is not as strong as the federal system, she said.

"There are people who are willing to cooperate if the state could provide an actual protection model," Burns said.

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Oak Cliff

Unread post by Aquafresh » April 5th, 2006, 7:17 am

I hate thieves in general; but, I especially hate cowardly losers who rob & beat women!!! (that's IF the alligations are true)

I hear B-more is doing they thang in the drug trade. I thought that series, "The Wire" was a bunch of bull, until I actually spoke to some catz from there.

I still beleive threats form any scrub ass Nicca, wither he a drug dealer or not, should be kept in the' street!

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 5th, 2006, 2:23 pm

[quote="Aquafresh"][b][color=darkblue]I hate thieves in general; but, I especially hate cowardly losers who rob & beat women!!! (that's IF the alligations are true)

I hear B-more is doing they thang in the drug trade. I thought that series, "The Wire" was a bunch of bull, until I actually spoke to some catz from there.

I still beleive threats form any scrub ass Nicca, wither he a drug dealer or not, should be kept in the' street!
[/color][/b][/quote]

the hbo show the wire is a tv show true.but the baltimore drug trade is hot like fish grease & i feel you @niggahs taking advantage of females..even though females nowadays try to play the big boy role & step to niggahs

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 6th, 2006, 8:00 am

Murder trial falters after killing of potential witness
By Julie Bykowicz
Sun reporter

Theodore Ross was shot to death at a party thrown in honor of another Baltimore murder victim. But some partygoers told police that the shooters got the wrong man. They said Victor Richards might have been the intended target that night.

Then, in the middle of the trial for Ross' homicide, which ended yesterday, Richards was shot to death.

It's unclear whether the death of Richards, whose name was mentioned throughout the trial and who was listed as a potential witness, was linked to the 2005 killing of Ross.

But prosecutors said yesterday that Richards' absence proved to be a stumbling block in their attempt to convict Kevin Garnett, 23, and brothers Tavon Williams, 21, and Stephen Williams, 23, of Ross' homicide. The three were acquitted of all charges this week. And police said they have no suspects in the killing of Richards.

"The one big question in the jurors' minds was where was Victor Richards," said Margaret T. Burns, spokeswoman for the Baltimore state's attorney's office. "We were in a difficult position because we could not bring up the fact that he was murdered, and we knew we couldn't produce him for the jury."
But the defense attorney for Tavon Williams said there was a much simpler reason the three men were acquitted: "It was a bad case."
"I feel very good because this man was innocent," said attorney Donald Daneman about his client, who had been accused of firing the shot that killed Ross.

The case against Garnett, who some witnesses said wasn't near the shooting scene, never reached the jury. Circuit Judge Allen L. Schwait granted defense attorney David R. Soloman's motion for acquittal.

Daneman said Schwait's ruling about Garnett might have had an effect on jurors, whom he said he believed were already skeptical of the state's key witness - the party hostess who acknowledged that she had been drinking alcohol for about 12 hours the day Ross was killed.

Richards, Ross and the three men accused of killing Ross were attending an "RIP party" Aug. 6. for Terry Street, 23, who had been shot to death Jan. 29, 2005.

Four men arrived at the party just before 3 a.m., according to court documents. One of the men got a plate of food and went back outside the home on the 3800 block of Cedarhurst Road in Northeast Baltimore. A fight broke out over the food, and one man pulled out a handgun.

As shots were fired outside, Ross ran to the front door and was shot in the face, the documents say.

As witnesses were testifying in last week's trial, Richards, 23, was shot to death. He was hit eight times as he stood on the 1300 block of N. Montford Ave. at about 3 p.m. Thursday.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 7th, 2006, 2:38 pm

Inmate sentenced for retaliating against witness
City man already serving 30 years in prison receives 87-month term
By A Sun Reporter
Originally published April 7, 2006

An alleged member of a Baltimore drug-trafficking gang was sentenced this morning to seven years and three months in prison for retaliation against a federal witness, U.S. prosecutors said this morning.

The 87-month sentence was imposed on top of a 30-year prison term that Shawn Henry, 29, is already serving for weapons, violence and drug violations. Henry and co-defendants Dante Faulkner, 26, and Tyrell Fields, 35, of Baltimore pleaded guilty to witness intimidation charges Feb 13.

According to a statement of facts presented at their guilty plea, the defendants were set to begin trial in February 2005 on charges of federal drug trafficking and firearms-related charges as part of a gang known as the North Avenue Boys.

After jury selection, the defendants pleaded guilty to participating in a drug conspiracy and to a series of related shootings and homicides.

The defendants admitted that after pleading guilty, they confronted a man in a prison holding cell who they believed would have testified against them in the trial. The defendants knocked the man to the floor and punched and kicked him until guards stopped the altercation and removed the witness from the cell.

Faulkner and Fields were previously sentenced to five years in prison on witness intimidation charges to be served consecutive to the 40- and 25-year sentences they were already serving.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 8th, 2006, 6:22 am

Carmelo Joins Anti-Drug Campaign After 'Snitching' DVD
Nuggets Star's Appearance In 'Stop Snitching' DVD Stirs Criticism

-- NBA basketball player Carmelo Anthony will help with a state campaign against drugs and violence following criticism over his appearance in a DVD that warned witnesses against working with the police.

State and federal officials approached Anthony about taking part in the campaign in hopes that his star status will be a draw for urban youth, but his exact role has not been determined.

The Denver Nuggets player appears briefly on a DVD titled "Stop Snitching" that has circulated on Baltimore's streets since November 2004. The DVD features young men who display guns and expensive watches, smoke marijuana and threaten the lives of criminals who become police informants.

Anthony, a Baltimore native, appears briefly on the DVD. He is seen talking about his Olympic bronze medal and saying that he threw it in a lake. The man he stands next to later goes on to tell how he would take care of snitches by "putting a hole in their head." However, Anthony does not appear to be taking part in that portion of the discussion.

The production includes music, dancing and spoken messages, with clips showing men stuffing wads of cash into their pockets, driving in convertibles, smoking marijuana and flashing diamond-encrusted watches.

"I just think (Anthony) was hanging out with some guys that he probably knew growing up and was just hanging out ... They got to talking and the last thing he was going to do is run away from it, so he just hung out with the guys. The last thing he thought is that it would be a production -- a DVD selling in the streets," Anthony's agent Calvin Andrews said.

The DVD prompted state lawmakers to propose legislation strengthening penalties for witness intimidation. Gov. Robert Ehrlich mentioned it in his State of the State address last week, calling it a "wake-up call for all of us."

"I'm completely against violence and drugs -- that's not me," Anthony told The Washington Post. "I just want to get the word out. I've lost friends to violence. I would never support anybody harming anyone... I just want to help."

Ehrlich's office approached Anthony weeks ago about taking part in a program to counter the DVD's message. Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., said his office was also talking with the NBA player's representatives.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 10th, 2006, 9:03 pm

On that note, there's good news and bad news about Stop Snitching. The bad news is that, judging from the cover -- which shows three people who have been fatally shot under a caption that reads "Snitch Prevention" -- folks might indeed get the impression that this is a video that exhorts drug dealers and other thugs to kill potential witnesses, which is what Mayor Martin O'Malley, the Baltimore Police Department and prosecutors are worried about.
The "good news" -- if indeed it can be called that -- is that there are portions of Stop Snitching that indicate the threats made in the video are nothing more than part of the macho posturing common to today's hip-hop culture. Much of that posturing is in jest, as when Anthony's friends tell him that Larry Brown, the American 2004 Olympic basketball coach, will be lynched if he ever comes to Baltimore.Anthony was clearly joking when he talked of "putting money on the brains" of a freestyle rapper named Black who had dissed him in a rap. Black's dissing of Anthony was more of that posturing I referred to. The "snitches" and "rats" talked about in the video aren't ordinary citizens who alert police about crimes, but hard-core criminals themselves who, when arrested, roll over on their friends in hopes of getting released or cutting a deal with prosecutors.

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Oak Cliff

Unread post by Aquafresh » April 11th, 2006, 12:56 pm

That last post shed a lot of light; however, I still say, even if I am "Joe Blow, the ordinary citizen," I'm still handling the situation on the streetz.

Jail is too good for anybody whose done me wrong!

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 11th, 2006, 3:12 pm

yeah handle that in the street leave it out of the courtroom

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 12th, 2006, 3:17 pm

After stops and starts, trial may begin soon
Problems with witnesses, attorneys have delayed murder case for more than 3 years

By Julie Bykowicz
Sun reporter

It seems as if everything has gone wrong in the 2002 murder case against Tyrone Beane, a young man who, by the age of 17, had been identified by police as the city's "most wanted fugitive." Beane's prosecution was tripped up three years ago when a star witness went missing for so long that the case was dismissed. Prosecutors found the witness and revived the case, but the murder trial has been postponed a dozen times since then - for reasons ranging from lack of courtrooms to absent attorneys and detectives.

The latest problem to almost derail the case: A missing court folder.

Circuit Judge Paul E. Alpert rejected a defense motion last week to dismiss Beane's charges, even though the court file, including the original, signed grand jury indictment, disappeared years ago. That means the case might finally be ready to go forward as soon as this month.

"They're finding a lot of excuses - I feel like it's never going to go to trial," said Earlene Cox, whose 25-year-old son, Taharka McCoy, was shot to death in the case for which Beane is to stand trial.

Beane has already been sentenced to a 75-year prison term for an attempted murder conviction. If he is convicted of the 2002 murder of McCoy, Beane could be sentenced to life without parole.

At least four postponements have been granted because a state witness, such as the homicide detective, was unavailable. Other times, no courtrooms were open or the prosecutor or the defense attorney was tied up with other matters.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 12th, 2006, 11:34 pm

THE MOVIE Shot on the streets and in the homes and clubs of “Baltimore, Viet Nam,” “Baltimore, Murderland,” “the ’hood,” “ghetto,” “other Baltimore,” whatever you wanna call it, Skinny Suge, auteur, executive producer, and putative host, lays out the primary leitmotif of this release early on: “To all you rats, snitchers, lucky enough to cop one of these DVDs, I hope you catch AIDS in your mouth and your lips the first thing that die. Bitch.” A hate letter if you will, from some of the more “real” denizens of Baltimore to all those who would threaten a certain way of life cities like Baltimore have made famous, Stop Fucking Snitching looks like a low-budget outtake reel of thug-extra screen-test interviews for The Wire. But as you allow the depressing, enervating atmosphere of this video to settle over you like a cloud of sour dope smoke, you understand you’re not watching a bunch of nice actors spitting out words somebody else wrote for them on an important and critically acclaimed melodramatic examination of What’s Wrong With America. From the safety of your couch, you’re looking at places like Park Heights, East Lombard and Kresson, Streeper Street (“Niggers is sittin’ around actin’ like they hard, they gangster or ghetto, I’m eatin’ some chicken right now, you know what I’m sayin’, I’m a gangster, you know what I’m sayin’, we up in the ’hood, you know what I’m sayin’, where a lot of scared niggers scared to go at.”) and people you haven’t, wouldn’t, and don’t want to ever stare down, especially when they’re smoking their smoke and drinking their drink and displaying large watches with jewel-encrusted bezels and pulling shootin’ irons out on the corner as cop cars fly by on their way to deal with all the shit we see on the news and read about in the body-count column.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 12th, 2006, 11:41 pm

Daily Hip-Hop News:
B-More Cops Tell "Snitches" To "Keep Talking"

The Baltimore police have released their own Keep Talking DVD in response to the gritty, street-promoted Stop Snitching DVD; which has been circulating since last year.

"The Baltimore Police Department would like to thank the producers of the Stop Snitching video," Detective Donny Moses told the Associated Press. "If we didn't know before, now we know the faces in the game."

The Stop Snitching DVD features drug dealers warning people against snitching to the police. The DVD also includes a brief cameo by Denver Nuggets forward and Baltimore-bred Carmelo Anthony. In one scene, Anthony laughs while a man threatens that anyone snitching on drug trades will "get a hole in his head."

Now Baltimore police have followed up with a DVD of their own. In Keep Talking, rap music plays in the background while Moses peeps out of the window of a parked police car and advises thugs to keep boasting about their drug deals. Then, a police spokesman reveals that the thugs will have to find a new cameraman because authorities arrested the previous one along with two other men who appeared in the Stop Snitching DVD.

"Go ahead. Keep on talking. We're listening," Moses advised before telling the car's driver, "Let's go, yo."

Last year, Anthony came under fire for his appearance on the Stop Snitching DVD. He later said he had no knowledge of the DVD's content and vowed to help with a state anti-drugs and violence campaign.

The Baltimore police plans on duplicating up to 1,300 copies of Keep Talking and distribute them across local barbershops, churches and schools.

"We're coming after you," Police Commissioner Leonard Hamm offered. "That's the message."

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » June 29th, 2006, 7:51 am

Guilty Plea From 'Stop Snitching' Suspect
Jun 29, 2006

(AP) BALTIMORE A Baltimore man who appeared in the infamous "Stop Snitching" DVD pleaded guilty in federal court yesterday to conspiracy to distribute heroin.

In a statement of facts, 31-year-old George Butler admitted that he bought large quantities of drugs from a gang prosecutors say distributed heroin in and around Baltimore.

He faces at least ten years in prison when he is sentenced on September 15th.

Police say the drug operation called the "Rice Organization" sold more than 1600 kilos of cocaine and heroin over the past decade. The suspected leaders, Howard and Raeshio Rice, are scheduled to go to trial October tenth.

Butler appeared in the home-made "Stop Snitching" DVD. In it, he pulls a gun out of his waistband and says: "We don't talk about what we're going to do. We just do it."

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » November 4th, 2006, 3:49 pm

Grieving Mother Reaches Out To Find Son's Killer

(WJZ) Randallstown, Md Friday night, the mother of a Randallstown murder victim, is asking for witnesses to her son's death, to come forward, to hopefully catch the killer.

27 year-old Karim Cross, was with some of his buddies when they walked out of the rush hour sports bar and grill, in the 98-hundred block liberty road, Randallstown. Something happened on the parking lot, and cross was stabbed in the stomach. He later died at shock trauma.

That was August 13th. Baltimore County Police spokesman Bill Toohey tells WJZ's Richard Sher "There was a large number of people."

Linda Cross tells WJZ's Richard Sher "My son had three beautiful daughters. I feel so bad for them. they will never get to know their father, except from photographs."

There is a sketch of the suspect..and a $2,000 reward for information leading to her arrest.

The number to call to claim the reward is 1-866-7-lockup.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » November 29th, 2006, 3:09 am

Holiday visit to his old street is deadly
Threatened and shot, a witness in a murder trial testified - and kept going home
By Julie Bykowicz and Matthew Dolan
Sun reporters
Originally published November 29, 2006

Not long after John P. Dowery Jr. became a witness in a Baltimore murder case, he became a victim.

People accused him of being a snitch. A man he was to testify against called him twice on the phone. "Why are you going to [expletive] me over?" the man said.

Then, in October of last year, two men pumped at least six bullets into him in what police believe was an attempt to silence him. He survived and, undeterred, promised to testify when it was time.

Dowery was sent to live outside Baltimore and, as the case spiraled into a federal prosecution, he waited to take the stand.

He came home to East Baltimore at Thanksgiving to share a meal with his large, close-knit family. After dinner, he went to a corner bar. There, someone fatally shot the 38-year-old father of nine.

"He was assassinated," said Assistant Federal Defender Joseph L. Evans, who represented Dowery. Evans said he based that belief on the earlier shooting of his client.

City police and the FBI are investigating the killing of Dowery and whether it was related to his cooperation with authorities. Police would not give details about the night Dowery died.

It's unclear what impact his death will have on future trials of defendants against whom he was planning to testify.

Maryland U.S. Attorney Rod J. Rosenstein said he would bring the weight of his office, with a possible penalty of a death sentence or life in prison, down on anyone who killed or contracted to kill a witness.

The killing of Dowery has raised questions about what protection is given to Baltimore's witnesses - and what can be done to keep them from putting themselves in harm's way.

Dowery had been given witness assistance.

After he was shot and wounded in October 2005, city police and prosecutors persuaded him to go to a safe house and helped him move out of Baltimore.

And when the U.S. Attorney's Office indicted the case in which Dowery was a witness, he began receiving money from federal agents for living expenses. Sources did not say how much or for how long.

Bartlett Avenue was a dangerous place for Dowery. It's where he had become a witness to the October 2004 killing, where he had been shot in his own doorway in October 2005 and where two of the men he had planned to testify against had lived before their arrests.

Local and federal authorities said they warned Dowery not to return to his old neighborhood. Yet Bartlett Avenue is where he was killed.

One of the chronic problems with protecting witnesses, whether at the local or federal level, is persuading them to stay away from their familiar surroundings.

"We cannot take their safety more seriously than they take their own safety," said Gloria Luckett, a victim-witness assistance coordinator for the Baltimore State's Attorney's Office.

Evans said his client might not have fully understood the danger he was in, despite the earlier shooting.

"It's not appropriate to blame John Dowery," Evans said, predicting there would be "a lot of covering one's backside" for what happened.

Dowery's tangle with the justice system - and perhaps with street justice - began Oct. 13, 2004, as he stood in his doorway at 604 Bartlett Ave.

His friend James Wise walked up and told him about a plan to rob the drug dealers on the corner. Dowery advised Wise and Wise's younger companion against the robbery, but he watched as they walked down the street and committed it anyway.

Then Dowery said he saw the drug dealers' bosses, two brothers who controlled the small, tough neighborhood, hop into a white Lexus and chase after the robbers.

Later, the bosses walked past Dowery and, he said, they spoke about a shooting. One man said he "got" the victim six times in the chest. "I'm tired of killing [people]," he said, according to Dowery.

When Dowery read in the newspaper that it was his friend Wise who had died, he decided to tell police what he knew. He also told them he would testify.

The men Dowery identified were Tamall Parker and Tracy Love, who lived just a block away on Bartlett.

In his taped interview with police, Dowery said he wanted justice for his friend. "So, basically, I'm just coming to give you information on my own," Dowery said. "It's not like y'all promised me anything."

Authorities did say they would consider Dowery's help when they sentenced him in his own case. About eight months before Wise was killed, Dowery had been indicted on federal charges of being a felon in possession of a handgun, which carries a maximum prison sentence of 10 years.

After agreeing to cooperate, Dowery told police he was worried about his safety: "Yeah, somebody approached me about saying, yeah, you snitching on us."

But Dowery didn't leave Bartlett Avenue.

Since his friend Wise was killed, Dowery seemed to have turned his life around. He hadn't gotten into any legal trouble and was regularly working. Evans, his attorney, said he was winning his battle with a heroin addiction.

Dowery was returning home to 604 Bartlett after working the midnight shift Oct. 19, 2005, at the McCormick spice factory.

As he went to open his door, he sensed something, turned around and was confronted with armed men, he later told police.

He ran, but the men chased him around his yard and a neighbor's, firing shots all the while. Dowery was hit in his back and both arms and legs by at least six bullets. Police found 12 shell casings at the scene.

Dowery made it into his house and collapsed on his couch, where his son John found him.

Police reports link that shooting to the fact that Dowery was a witness to the Wise killing. Police arrested James Dinkins, who lived on Bartlett, and Damien West and charged them with the shooting.

Now Dowery was a witness for a second time.

Several weeks later, with assistance from the city, Dowery settled into an apartment outside Baltimore.

November 2006:

I don't believe that he was visiting his mother every day," Evans said. "For him to show up for Thanksgiving dinner, I'm sure he thought he could do it."

Dowery feasted at his aunt Joyce Garner's house on Bartlett. Garner said he was upbeat and spiritual. As she cooked for the 20-plus people who came through that day, he came into the kitchen to talk with her.

He told her: "God has got everything. Don't worry about it," she said. "He had made peace with God."

After dinner, he walked to the Kozy Korner bar in the next block.Where he was killed.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: underground "stop snitchin dvd" founder lookin

Unread post by Qdawg » December 6th, 2006, 8:29 pm

[quote="Qdawg"](AP) BALTIMORE, Md. A man featured prominently in the "Stop Snitching" DVD celebrating witness intimidation has been arrested, and police said they found evidence that he was working on a sequel.

Ronnie Thomas, 30, who was identified in the video by his street name "Skinny Suge," was arrested Sunday after a confidential informant told police he would be in South Baltimore.

Thomas has been at large since February, when, police said, he beat a woman who worked in Mondawmin Mall and robbed a woman in an incident days later. He was charged with assault, robbery and probation violation.

Thomas was being held on $30,000 bail at Central Booking, a spokeswoman for the Baltimore state's attorney's office told The Baltimore Sun.

The "Stop Snitching" DVD created an uproar in part because Carmelo Anthony, the Denver Nuggets basketball star and Baltimore native, appeared briefly in the homemade film. It also features drug dealers who warn residents they could "get a hole in their head" for cooperating with authorities. In the video, Anthony stands in front of a wall and smiles as another man talks. Anthony has said he wasn't aware of the DVD's message.

Thomas appears in the opening segments of the "Stop Snitching" DVD, advising "rats" and "snitches" that he hopes they catch "AIDS in your mouth." He also raps about his record label.

While executing a search-and-seizure warrant at his girlfriend's Southwest Baltimore apartment, police found evidence that a sequel was in production, according to police documents. They did not give further details.

Margaret T. Burns, the state's attorney's spokeswoman, said that witness intimidation remains a serious problem in Baltimore.

"We continue to see an escalation in the number of witnesses intimidated or threatened," Burns said. She said the problem is twofold. Prosecutors deal with cases in which victims and families prefer to handle disputes on the streets, rather than in the courts. And victims and witnesses who may be willing to cooperate ultimately refuse because the state's system of protecting witnesses is not as strong as the federal system, she said.

"There are people who are willing to cooperate if the state could provide an actual protection model," Burns said.[/quote]

Stop Snitching Star Trial Postponed

(Baltimore, MD) -- The assault trial of one of the stars of the underground witness intimidation DVD "Stop Snitching" was postponed today. Rodney Thomas, also known as "Skinny Suge" in the DVD, is accused of assaulting an employee of a boutique at Mondawmin Mall. Thomas is also accused of sending a threatening text message, putting a choke hold on the victim and stealing a 175-dollar gift card. Prosecutors say there was no courtroom space available today and the proceedings have been rescheduled for January 10th.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: underground "stop snitchin dvd" founder lookin

Unread post by Qdawg » January 20th, 2007, 5:53 pm

[quote="Qdawg"](AP) BALTIMORE, Md. A man featured prominently in the "Stop Snitching" DVD celebrating witness intimidation has been arrested, and police said they found evidence that he was working on a sequel.

"There are people who are willing to cooperate if the state could provide an actual protection model," Burns said.[/quote]

Man Pleads Guility Featured In 'Stop Snitching'
Jan 20, 2007

A man who warned city residents about ratting out drug dealers to police in a notorious street video has pleaded guilty to beating up a female employee of a menswear shop.

Prosecutors say 31-year-old Rodney Thomas, who was featured prominently in the "Stop Snitching" DVD under his street name, "Skinny Suge," was sentenced to 15 years in prison, with all but three years suspended, after pleading guilty Wednesday to first-degree assault.

Thomas was also given a three-year probation term and ordered to pay more than 14-hundred dollars in restitution to the victim.

According to court documents, Thomas attacked the woman after an argument last February at the USA Boutique in Mondawmin Mall, where she worked. She suffered a broken nose, a chipped tooth and facial bruises.

Prosecutor Rita Wistoff-Ito noted in court that the victim recognized Thomas from his appearance in "Stop Snitching."

Thomas was also facing a robbery charge, but it was dropped as a result of the plea deal.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 20th, 2007, 6:08 pm

so this nigga has a 12 years suspended sentencin n serves 3 years or i read wrong

""was sentenced to 15 years in prison, with all but three years suspended""

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » January 20th, 2007, 6:54 pm

[quote="Mcminister"]so this nigga has a 12 years suspended sentencin n serves 3 years or i read wrong

""was sentenced to 15 years in prison, with all but three years suspended""[/quote]

na you read right..he only doing a 3yr bid +3 yrs on parole+had a robbery charge dropped = good ole maryland justice system

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » July 3rd, 2007, 8:30 pm

Rosedale shooting victim was witness in trial
Prosecutors say man was set to testify at homicide trial next week
By Julie Scharper
Sun Reporter
Originally published July 3, 2007

A Rosedale man who was fatally shot in front of his home last night was a witness in a Baltimore homicide case set for trial next week, prosecutors said this afternoon.

Carl Stanley Lackl, 38, was standing in front of his home in the 8000 block of Philadelphia Road when a dark-colored vehicle drove past him several times about 8:45 p.m., Baltimore County police spokesman Cpl. Michael Hill said. Several shots were fired from the passenger side window, striking Lackl, Hill said.

The vehicle then drove eastward on Philadelphia Road, he said.

Lackl was taken to Franklin Square Hospital Center and died of his wounds shortly after arrival.

Lackl was a witness in a homicide case against Patrick Byers, 22, of Baltimore, which was scheduled for trial July 10, according to the office of the state's attorney in Baltimore. Byers is charged with first-degree murder and two gun charges, according to court records.

State's Attorney's Office spokeswoman Margaret Burns said Lackl didn't know Byers before witnessing the fatal shooting of Larry Haynes on March 4. Burns said Lackl had been a helpful witness in the case thus far.

Byers has been held without bail since the murder.

Burns wouldn't confirm or deny Lackl's participation in a witness protection program, because of the continuing investigation.

Investigators were speaking with witnesses and trying to identify at least two suspects, a driver and a shooter, in the incident.

Police said one witness of Lackl's shooting was a 10-year-old girl. Police would not identify the girl further for fear of her safety.

Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to call county police at 410-307-2020 or Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7-LOCKUP. Callers to Metro Crime Stoppers can remain anonymous and could be eligible for a reward of up to $2,000.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/ ... -headlines