Youngster's Black Power Poem Upsets School Officials

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » April 12th, 2006, 11:03 pm

se11 wrote:
don't you know that the dark skinned white people like the italians, spaniards, and some of the irish are black.
spanish people from spain arent black. and if you told any irish person they were black they would probably murder you on the spot. some SICILIANS may be black, but its not for sure or proven.
people of color like asians, arabs, mexicans, indians and darkskinned europeans whether or not they want to admit it they black.
so basically everyone is black to you.

way to go making up your own history lesson that you just pulled out of your ass.
here you is spreading your lies... he is talking about darkskinned, naturally tanned irish, spanish and italian people not you blue eyed devils.

don't you know that irish surnames like doyle and kerin mean black people or black foreigners... and the irish name moore comes from the black moors... either get your history right or stop spreading lies.

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » April 13th, 2006, 1:23 am

this has gone completely stupid, whoknows your acting as though everyone is black, or has black blood in their line

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 13th, 2006, 6:35 am

Europe, the Middle East, and Africa are all next to each other. Why is it so hard to except that some Europeans mixed with blacks, just how Arabs swept through Africa and mixed with some blacks?

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » April 13th, 2006, 7:52 am

perongregory wrote:the idea that some apes just evolved into different races of homo sapiens is absurd.
There is no different races of homo sapiens. Today there's only one human race and that is homo sapiens. I don't know why everyone here want so hard to keep that dogma of different races alive (which by the way was introduced first by colonialists and then nazis). Human genetics differs very little, so you hardly can speak of different races. And if we compare the human genetics to a chimpanzee, the difference is only 1%. So it's kinda funny how people want to believe that there are different human races, but human hasn't evolved from the apes.

Even the gorillas genetics in a small communities/herds differs from each others more than all humans do.

And one thing is 100% proven fact:
Colour of your skin or other external qualities people have, have absolutelly no effect on peoples character or learning abilities. The differences the human genetics cause are only physical. Some might have bigger lungs, some have better tolerance for cold weathers or hot weathers, etc.

As long as people think that there is different races, there will be racism. Because to be a racist, you need to believe that there is different races to beging with.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 13th, 2006, 9:09 am

I agree with you. I have read about this, but most people haven't so I gotta speak on terma that most people are familiar with.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » April 13th, 2006, 10:46 am

I've summarized as much as I can to get the reality into one post.

The 99 percent genetic similarity has been enshrined as a cultural icon. For many naturalists, this resemblance represents one of the most compelling arguments for humanity's evolutionary origin. Presumably, the 99 percent sequence overlap for proteins and DNA proves that humans and chimps arose from a common ancestor some time in the relatively recent past. According to this view, the small genetic differences arose after the human and chimpanzee lineages split as a consequence of mutational changes within each species' genetic material. Evolutionary biologists have used chromosomal similarities and differences among primates to establish evolutionary relationships. According to these types of analyses, chimpanzees are the primate species most closely related to humans, with gorillas and orangutans the next closest relatives.

Studies that reveal a 99 percent genetic similarity between humans and chimpanzees have stacked the deck in a way that guarantees a high degree of likeness. Comparisons made between corresponding regions of the human and chimpanzee genomes, which researchers already suspected to be nearly identical, showed striking similarity. But when made unbiased comparisons of larger regions of these two genomes, differences began to emerge.

One of the first studies to make a genome-to-genome comparison between humans and chimpanzees was reported early in 2002 by the International Consortium for the Sequencing of Chimpanzee Chromosome 22. TO make this whole-genome comparison, the Chimpanzee Genome Project team cut the chimp genome into fragments, sequenced them, then compared them to corresponding sequences found in the Human Genome Database. For those chimp DNA fragments that were able to align with sequences in the Human Genome Database, the project team found that the sequences displayed a 98.77 percent agreement. However, the project team found that about 15,000 of the 65,000 DNA fragments did not align with any sequence in the Human Genome Database. They appear to represent unique genetic regions.

A few months later, a team from the Max Planck Institute achieved a similar result when they compared over 10,000 regions (encompassing nearly 3 million nucleotide base pairs). Only two-thirds of the sequences from the chimp genome aligned with the sequences in the human genome. As expected, in those that did align, a 98.76 percent genetic similarity was measured, and yet one-third found no matches.

The Chimpanzee Genome Project team discovered another difference between genomes during a detailed comparison of the chimpanzee genome DNA fragments with human chromosome. The team found that this human chromosome possesses two regions apparently unique to the human genome.

Even if you disregard all but this naturalist argument the differences that matter are coming to light. It's important to remember that sometimes even single genetic differences can be significant. For example, the fact that our DNA is more than 80% similar to a mouse does not imply that we are related to mice.

That's right: Comparison of the mouse genome (reported in December 2002) with the human genome supports Marks's point. Of the 30,000 genes found in each of the human and mouse genomes, around 99 percent are the same. Only 300 genes are unique either to mice or to humans. Gene-to-gene DNA comparisons for humans and mice reveal roughly an 80 percent sequence similarity. Are humans 80 percent similar to mice? Are mice 80 percent similar to humans? Given that humans and mice essentially possess the same genes, something more than genes and genetic similarity must define organisms. Biologists are starting to look to differences in gene expression as a way to account for anatomical, physiological, and behavioral differences among organisms. As part of this effort, anthropologists are examining and comparing the gene expression patterns in humans and the great apes.

Until recently, evolutionary biologists have looked for only a single type of difference between human and chimpanzee DNA sequences, namely substitutions of one nucleotide for another. When researchers expand the comparison to include differences that involve insertions and deletions (called indels), marked dissimilarities between human and chimpanzee genomes become evident. For example, a study that compared five regions of the chimpanzee genome collectively (encompassing about 780,000 nucleotide base pairs) with corresponding regions of the human genome found a 1.4 percent difference when substitutions were considered. But a 3.4 percent difference appeared when these five regions were examined for indels. Both types of differences combined show a 95 percent genetic similarity, not 99 percent. Another study that used this type of approach found a much more limited genetic similarity when a 1,870,955-base-pair segment of the chimpanzee genome was compared with the corresponding human genome region. When indels in the comparison were compared similarity dropped to 86.7 percent. As research continues, indels appear to account for substantial differences between human and chimpanzee genomes. As for mitochondrial DNA, a 91.1 percent sequence similarity was seen when the entire sequence was compared, not a 99 percent similarity. This factor promises to be significant because mitochondria play a role in energy metabolism. Several neurodegenerative and muscular degenerative diseases actually stem from mutations in mitochondrial DNA.

BOTTOM LINE: Although human and chimpanzee genomes display great similarity, that similarity has been magnified to some extent by research methodology. Reiearchers are starting to uncover significant differences. Results of large-scale comparisons must be considered preliminary, as it's not yet clear what the genetic differences mean in terms of anatomical and behavioral characteristics. However, greater clarity will likely come as research progresses. Already the newly recognized genetic differences between humans and chimpanzees complicate the picture for biologists who view the high degree of genetic similarity between humans and chimpanzees as proof of shared ancestry. Advancing research is uncovering what appear to be extensive genetic differences between humans and chimpanzees, it's important to remember that sometimes even single genetic differences can be significant.

Separate studies conducted at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD), the Max Planck Institute, and the University of Chicago supply important examples. This work demonstrates that subtle genetic differences translate into marked disparities in human and chimpanzee brain biochemistries. Researchers think these discrepancies may explain, at least in part, the unique qualities of the human brain. Several other recent studies demonstrate that even subtle genetic differences can manifest themselves dramatically in terms of an organism's anatomy, physiology, and behavior.

The complexity and the intricacy of biological systems, especially those in the brain, underscore the improbability that random mutations could bring about the exacting changes in gene structure necessary to support new biological functions, particularly when structure-altering mutations to single genes more often result in devastating diseases and disabilities.
The same is true for changes in gene expression. As indicated by the data, differences in gene usage play an important role in generating the differences between humans and chimpanzees. The intricacy of gene-to-gene interactions and the biological effects manifested when gene expression is altered make it difficult to envision how coordinated and extensive changes in gene expression could occur to generate the anatomical and physiological characteristics that define humanity. Changes in gene expression are frequently harmful and play a role in the etiology of many diseases. Each new discovery coming from genetic comparisons between humans and chimpanzees seems to weaken the case of evolution.

The large number of shared genes found among the genomes of humans, chimpanzees, mice, rats, and other animals reflects elegant design efficiency. The Creator appears to have selected a gene set that could be used to construct a wide range of organisms. This design principle is commonplace. A child with a set of building blocks may be observed to take advantage of this approach. Depending on the child's wishes, he or she can make numerous structures from the same set of blocks. Computer engineers produce computers with fixed hardware that can be programmed with software for an enormous array of functions. Even human languages rely on this principle. A relatively small set of words can be used to communicate an immeasurable number of ideas and concepts.

In terms of raw DNA there are similarities between chimpanzees and humanity. And this is exactly what we expect to see in scripture. But a high degree of similarity when it comes to raw DNA factors really teaches us nothing about the image of God contained within humanity.

Beyond DNA: Chimpanzees are about as smart as average four or five year old children. But if you are impressed with the chimpanzee, then let me introduce you to a bright seven year old. The qualities and character of small children immediately begin to transcend what the primates are capable of. From radically different brains and brain chemistry that allow abstract reasoning and complex language skills to drawing complex logical inferences humans are far different (and not simply advanced from a same root hominid) than primates. You don’t have to tell a fourth grader that Aristotle discovered laws like the law of noncontradiction, excluded middle, and identity. They have natural capacities to reason. And those natural capacities are what we expect from the Bible; the image of God.

whoknows
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whoknows » April 15th, 2006, 1:42 am

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:
Moors were Arabs.

lol people of color are all black? Then why aren't light Europeans just "lightskinned" black. I mean Ice-T is black and he's light.

So since everyone's black, I guess that means you have no one left to blame and complain about huh?
did i tell u 2 get out your corner....

whoknows
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whoknows » April 15th, 2006, 1:47 am

perongregory wrote:Europe, the Middle East, and Africa are all next to each other. Why is it so hard to except that some Europeans mixed with blacks, just how Arabs swept through Africa and mixed with some blacks?
i don't know whats so hard 4 these idiots 2 understand that shit..

whoknows
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whoknows » April 15th, 2006, 2:18 am

afakasi wrote:this has gone completely stupid, whoknows your acting as though everyone is black, or has black blood in their line

see what your problem is, is that u narrow minded and are looking at black as being anybody darker than wesley snipes or a mexican and that ain't the case. because we have blacks that are lighter than mariah carey with straight hair. that's why during the jim crow era blacks had a saying called "passing white" that's when racist america started enforcing that "one drop rule" which meant that if you had african ancestry in your family tree and u looked whiter than george washington it didn't matter cause u still a nigga. it's funny how ya'll believe everything else the white man says but won't believe this.

nazi europe and nazi america are spitting the same thing so take it how you want.

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » April 15th, 2006, 2:24 am

ok i agree on perongregory's post on europeans having black ancestry in them but it just sounded stupid the way you put it

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 15th, 2006, 4:38 am

whoknows wrote:did i tell u 2 get out your corner....
Did I tell you you're an ignorant fool? No? Well there you go.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 15th, 2006, 4:43 am

afakasi wrote:ok i agree on perongregory's post on europeans having black ancestry in them but it just sounded stupid the way you put it
Everything sounds stupid the way whoknows says it. Peron act least makes his argument reasonable. Whoknows makes everything retarded.

If he told me we were speaking English entonces diria "?que? no puedo comprender porque tu estupidez agobia toda logica. pinche vendejo !que mariconeres! jajaja"

whoknows
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whoknows » April 15th, 2006, 5:47 am

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:
entonces diria "?que? no puedo comprender porque tu estupidez agobia toda logica. pinche vendejo !que mariconeres! jajaja"
it ain't my fault your ass lack common sense and shit b flying over your head u need 2 take that up with god....

everytime i post something up or somebody else post something up u say its a lie. then when i or somebody else provide info to back our claims then u want 2 come back and say "oh yeah your right". that lets people know right there just how dumb u is.. so how u like that logic dummy....

whoknows
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whoknows » April 15th, 2006, 5:52 am

afakasi wrote:ok i agree on perongregory's post on europeans having black ancestry in them but it just sounded stupid the way you put it
lol u on short bus 2...... its o'k. the brotha perongregory is breakin it down 4 all u slooooooooooooooooow foooooooooooooooolk......

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » April 15th, 2006, 12:44 pm

Old Shatterhand,

What is your (or should I say Bible's) explanation to a fact that humans have a tailbone? And that human embryo/fetus actually have a short tail at the time of 4-5 months?

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » April 15th, 2006, 5:45 pm

whoknows wrote:
lol u on short bus 2...... its o'k. the brotha perongregory is breakin it down 4 all u slooooooooooooooooow foooooooooooooooolk......
Peron breaks it down on a few things that i can agree with him on, your an idiot who needs to stop dickriding and posting retarded things

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » April 15th, 2006, 7:04 pm

so peron, im just woundering, i recall you said you had some good white friends, but just curious what do you guys agree on when it comes to terms on what you've been speaking about on here lately, dont take this as a sarcastic comment, but yeah

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 15th, 2006, 11:57 pm

What viewpoint exactly do you want me to address?

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » April 16th, 2006, 12:07 am

well damnit i had a head full of ideas but they've gone out of my head, but ill start with, when were speaking on whites being able to get a job easier than blacks, or should i just be general and say what do you both agree on.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 16th, 2006, 12:20 am

It's funny. I talk to my white friends about this kinda shit all the time, and they agree with me. In fact they know more techinal shit about it than me. I only have one repub. friend who doesn't believe "any of that shit", as he calls it, but he says borderline racist shit so I don't take him serious. Theres another fool like that too actually but when he gets drunk his racist shit comes out, so I don't take his ass seriously either. But my white friends who agree with me, and actually go farther than me in regards to these issues, research this shit. They don't just say shit like, oh, black people have it bad, they look up stats, weigh out all the benefits they've recieved, and give out their opinion.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 16th, 2006, 12:43 am

It's usually like that for people

most people are either slightly biased in favor of themselves, or they really try to compensate and go for another side or at least not as much for their own - in race, politics, relgions, etc.

Peron, who would you consider the greatest president or other form of leader in the history of the world? Or at least one of the greatest? just cuious. Also, "Peron"... what country is your family's ethnicity?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 16th, 2006, 12:44 am

worded that wrong... basically what ethinicity are you and seperately what country can you trace your family to?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 16th, 2006, 12:51 am

I'm African American and Liberian. Greatest Leaders...thats hard. Either Moses or Jesus. These guys are runners up: Ramses the III, Kwame Nkrumah, Tupac Amaru. I have more, but I don't feel like writing out their names.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 16th, 2006, 1:04 am

Some reason I thought you were Soth American but black or something.

Have you been to Liberia? From the video I got the impression that either they were revolutionaries and wanted America to stay out or they loved American troops for coming and consider American blacks their brothers (which is pretty true) but that's just the news. If you've been there, what's their view of America?

Good answers to the leaders by the way.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 16th, 2006, 1:09 am

no I haven't been to Liberia. Well, Black Americans founded Liberia, and were the first 12 presidents I think, before the natives took over. So liberia was a very western African country before the civil war. Liberians have a generally positive view of America, I know the new president looks forward to working with America and the west to build up the country's infastructure.

Why South American? What impression made you think that?

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » April 16th, 2006, 1:46 am

perongregory wrote:I'm African American and Liberian. Greatest Leaders...thats hard. Either Moses or Jesus. These guys are runners up: Ramses the III, Kwame Nkrumah, Tupac Amaru. I have more, but I don't feel like writing out their names.
everyone loves tupac, with exception of a few bitch haters

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 16th, 2006, 3:41 am

perongregory wrote:no I haven't been to Liberia. Well, Black Americans founded Liberia, and were the first 12 presidents I think, before the natives took over. So liberia was a very western African country before the civil war. Liberians have a generally positive view of America, I know the new president looks forward to working with America and the west to build up the country's infastructure.

Why South American? What impression made you think that?
honestly I would have assumed black but then one post you said "I'm brown but it doesn't matter to whites I'm black" or something like, and then the last (assuming last) name "Peron"

Other than that I would have guessed black but not Liberia or any African nation.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » April 16th, 2006, 4:37 am

afakasi wrote:
perongregory wrote:I'm African American and Liberian. Greatest Leaders...thats hard. Either Moses or Jesus. These guys are runners up: Ramses the III, Kwame Nkrumah, Tupac Amaru. I have more, but I don't feel like writing out their names.
everyone loves tupac, with exception of a few bitch haters
A little off topic question i have is, where is the connection between 2Pac and the South American "Tupac Amaru" Guerilla Movement? Was he named after them?

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » April 16th, 2006, 4:50 am

whoops my bad :? i misread that part,forget i said it lol

whoknows
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whoknows » April 16th, 2006, 5:30 am

^^^^^^^dummy....

whoknows
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whoknows » April 16th, 2006, 5:50 am

afakasi wrote:
whoknows wrote:
Peron breaks it down on a few things that i can agree with him on, your an idiot who needs to stop dickriding and posting retarded things
lol dickriding? why because i agree with the shit that X, perongregory, Coldbear, Johnnyblack, Blackmanofhonor and some of the other brothers on here and not your stupid as idea about humans come from monkeys. yeaaaaaaaah oooooooo'kaaaaaaay biatch :roll:

if u don't like shit i post then stop replying 2 it. seriously, cause i don't remember asking your dumb opinion bout shit. besides i don't ever say shit 2 u until u say something 2 me.

whoknows
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whoknows » April 16th, 2006, 6:25 am

johnnyblac eye to eye wrote:
whoknows wrote:
brothers like hannibal and his african army
they supposed to make a movie about hannibal with vin diesel...
that's tite but they could have used a darker brother like djimon hounsou rather than a lightskinned brother like vin.