Blacks worth $6k; whites $88k

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » September 12th, 2006, 7:55 pm

by William Reed

Wealth is a measure of cumulative advantage or disadvantage. It is an abundance of items of economic value, or controlling or possessing such items, and encompasses money, real estate and personal property. Wealth is a state that eludes the majority of blacks.

The median net worth of today's Black household is $6,000. The net worth of a white household is $88,000 -- fourteen times the wealth.

The fact that Black wealth is a fraction of white wealth represents the nation's long history of discrimination. While America's racial structures continue wealth disparities, whites remain implacably opposed to engaging in discussions of reparations, while continuing to profit from inherited gifts from the legacy of slavery.

Continuing disparities in wealth and wealth accumulation require realistic discussions regarding reparations; but whites don't want that discussion, the vast majority believing that their privilege and wealth has been earned. White Americans pretend that some malady of "culture," rather than a legacy of racism, holds African Americans back. Ironically, some African Americans believe and support them in these deceptions.

Surveys conducted on the subject of "reparations" reveal that fewer than five percent of whites favor reparations for slavery. Two-thirds of African American respondents favor reparations, but most do not get involved in actions advocating for such national legislation. The current challenge of repairing our needs through reparations is in determining how to have a national discussion toward legislation. But Blacks fail to force the federal government to undertake an official study of the impact of slavery on the social, political and economic life of America.

Four million Africans, and their descendants, were enslaved in the U.S. and its colonies from 1619 to 1865. As a result, the U.S. was able to begin progress toward becoming the world's most prosperous country. Calculations of the sum total of the worth of all the Black labor stolen through means of slavery, segregation, and contemporary discrimination range from $5 to $24 trillion.

John Conyers' (D-MI) bill, H.R. 40, to examine the effects and remnants of slavery and Jim Crow have had on African-Americans since emancipation, has been stuck in Congress since 1989. The bill is labeled H.R. 40 because ex-slaves were supposed to get forty acres and a mule as "just compensation" for slavery.

Emancipation freed Blacks from forced free labor, but did little for the wealth disparity. Had the post-Civil War federal government honored and expanded upon Gen. Sherman's 1865 promise, or passed the 1867 Reparations Bill, African Americans would have had an economic foothold before waves of European immigrants poured into the U.S. during the latter decades of the 1800s.

An 1865 plot of forty acres would be worth $1.5 million dollars to each of today's African Americans. But, in reality, whites and immigrants got land that Blacks were due. From the 1860s to the 1930s, President Abraham Lincoln's Homestead Act provided access to the wealth of 246 million acres of productive land at minimal cost. Approximately forty-six million of today's Americans are beneficiaries of that Act. The vast majority of the 1.5 million beneficiaries of the Homestead Act were white; only 4,000 African Americans secured such properties. White Americans, many of them immigrants, received that acreage -- 246 million vs. 40 million -- yet their descendants laugh when African Americans bring up "Forty acres and a mule."

African Americans that favor reparations should stop allowing discussions to be guided by perceptions that: 1) reparations are unlikely ever to be awarded; 2) reparations are undeserved by African Americans since all ex-slaves are dead; 3) today's white Americans have not injured African Americans and should not be required to pay for sins of their forbears; 4) it is impossible to determine who should get what and how much; and 5) African Americans must become self-reliant and determine their own fate and stop waiting for relief from external sources.

Don't be deceived; opponents of reparations have benefited from a system of white privilege that is imbedded in American society. Let's stop acceptance of a system of white privileges and Black disadvantages that has accrued advantages for whites for fifteen generations.

Anesis
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Anesis » September 12th, 2006, 8:12 pm

I am firmly convinced that the ill effects of slavery are lingering around today.

But I am still not convinced that reparations are going to fix any problems. Generational poverty cannot be fixed by money alone.

First of all, for reparations to occur, the government would have to accept responsibility and blame. I don't think that is going to happen.

Whites take reparations personally, as if they are being punished for what their ancestors allowed. That's not even taking into account the people didn't even have ancestors here or the people who sharecropped alongside the blacks.

I think money needs to go into the education system and the community. And not just scholarships. I'm talking about parenting classes, educational programs, historical programs, community programs - things like that.

Reparations seem to be only widening the "us vs them" gap that is already so entrenched in daily life.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » September 12th, 2006, 9:12 pm

Damn, right now I am so broke I got a fee waiver for school.

none for you
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by none for you » September 12th, 2006, 9:14 pm

who writes this crap anyway?

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » September 12th, 2006, 9:27 pm

realize the real lies wrote:who writes this crap anyway?
usually motherfuckers with calculators and computers with degrees and shit...

SniperSVD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SniperSVD » September 18th, 2006, 12:24 pm

some of this shit is a joke, the black dude with an 8k house and a 50k truck and another 10k on rims.... white people like nice shit in their house, probly why we drive shit like subaru's and volvos instead of big flashy shit,, ya know save the fun for the dungeon or somthing kinky,

SniperSVD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SniperSVD » September 18th, 2006, 12:29 pm

hey i didn't mean to offend any one,,, but that stuff above is probly true and there is more than one factor involved and its not because "white" people arnt giving "black" people reperations... god damnit that would ruin the hip hop industry and i definately could see a spike in drug traffic... not caus all black people are drug dealers, but the image of successful blacks are usually dope dealin thugs aka rappers.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 18th, 2006, 3:40 pm

SniperSVD wrote:
some of this shit is a joke, the black dude with an 8k house and a 50k truck and another 10k on rims.... white people like nice shit in their house, probly why we drive shit like subaru's and volvos instead of big flashy shit,, ya know save the fun for the dungeon or somthing kinky,
go to the hamptons, beverly hills, brentwood, etc. and see if whites are driving subarus and volvos, and shit BS you are saying. people on here talk a grip of shit.

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » September 18th, 2006, 6:50 pm

I'm worth less than 40k. Try raising a three person family on that salary.

You've got a spoiled kid who can kick your ass, a wife that you can't stand much of the time, and a husband that's basiclly a slave.

Hahaha...

Seriously, our fridge is empty in like a week. We make about 1200 dollars every two weeks, plus the tax cuts and shit like insurance, phone and internet bills etc you get like 600 bucks left over.

Plus once the fridge is full, you have relief. But when you try and get something to eat, you have no ideas of what to make. You have jam, butter, mayo, bread, apples, juice, microwave things, ice cream, chocolate, milk, and whatever. That's no food. I'll tell you what one of my usual meals was --- bread, cheese and tomatoes.

It's good, but diary and tomatoes? They told me not to eat ketcup and milk but cheese and tomatoes go so damn good...

Also, I like games and waste most of my time on them. That's one thing we may buy or rent, well buy since we have it on a one time spending.

Fuckin' life that is? Free cable and a free apartment, but if you listen to people knock on your door and ignore the off duty sight you put on it. Fuckin' animals don't have any kind of desency or feelings for others.

They think we're stupid, they ring once three times, then after a minute, they ring again, and after that is history. What the hell? We came to this country as friggin' artists/teachers and now we clean the shit that those little bastards from somewhere else left in the shower when they took a break from making a mess in the pool and acting like they're having fun but when someone breaks their head off the ground, we have to be resposible.

Tell me I'm gonna get shot? Can't even take a picture of them during they're shit they're gonna say it's harassment. Well, I'm not apart of that...

Seriously, I have no part. Who gives a crap. No school and I won't. Fuck it. I'm wasting life having fun while everyone else is living it like slaves... :shock:

none for you
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by none for you » September 18th, 2006, 11:16 pm

SniperSVD wrote:hey i didn't mean to offend any one,,, but that stuff above is probly true and there is more than one factor involved and its not because "white" people arnt giving "black" people reperations... god damnit that would ruin the hip hop industry and i definately could see a spike in drug traffic... not caus all black people are drug dealers, but the image of successful blacks are usually dope dealin thugs aka rappers.

I am white, used to deal drugs (cuz it was easier than etting a job.. oh yeah, and iwas ON drugs, so no one would hire me anyway)
have decided that work is better.. i have not worked for less than twice the minimum wage for longer than i can remember, and I still have yet ot clear $20K a year.
maybe now that I am working two full time jobs, I can.

and as for hte house vs wheels thing...

houses appreciate in value, car depreciate.... but you cant flaunt your house in other neighborhoods...\

its all about ego vs security....
I would rather be secure, than attract a bunch of parasites...
but I still dnt see how this has anything to do with race.... and why is it whites are worth specifically 88k according to this article... I find it condescendingly particular

SniperSVD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SniperSVD » September 18th, 2006, 11:30 pm

perongregory wrote:
SniperSVD wrote:
go to the hamptons, beverly hills, brentwood, etc. and see if whites are driving subarus and volvos, and shit BS you are saying. people on here talk a grip of shit.
actually they probly are because those cars are nice and no rich bitch is gonna wanna take her kids to soccer practice in a caprice on dubs
i was just being a dick any way becuase its simply foolish talk.. if you have the brains to do the math selling drugs flipping profits, cooking, chopping, bagging, making rhymes and beats,,, fu-- dude you can do any thing.. and if people are too ignorant, self centered to put off the big flashy life for the long term goal its not white peoples problems cause there are idiot white people who jack their lives away.
its not all about the glory of the streets.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 19th, 2006, 9:49 am

You can do anything if anything is accesible to you. And them rich bitches is driving some unbelievable shit.

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » September 19th, 2006, 1:28 pm

We drive a silver 2000 Toyota Corolla. I hate this model. I may not hate the car completely since I have to drive in it everytime...

It's stupid. My parents chose a model 1000 dollars less than the one with automatic windows, cruise control etc. It's cause they're cheap. This is really a gay suburban car.

I would have perfered a Honda, kinda like the ones they're offering now. It's cheaper. What was, the Sedan or Accord???

Nvm that, it's like 5 years later and they're still paying off the stupid piece of shit. Really...

I wish I was rich. It would have spoiled me more and them again my parents would not have to worry about me getting an education.

As I said, 30k for one fucked up and disfunctionable family. They're arguing over the phone this instant. Ok nvm they hung up, and now he's arguing about it with my grandma. Omg.

Anyways, remember it. In the near future, some dumbass might steal it and make it his own:

I'm wasting life by having fun, while all of you are living it by being slaves of society.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whites worth 88k my ass.

That's the average in America, right?

We were worth more when we were poorer in my country than what more we have here in Canada...

none for you
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by none for you » September 19th, 2006, 9:42 pm

useless_person wrote: I'm wasting life by having fun, while all of you are living it by being slaves of society.

when you grow up you will see things differently.

it must be nice to have someone taking care of all your needs while you "waste life"
nice for you, anyway

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » September 21st, 2006, 11:13 am

realize the real lies wrote:
useless_person wrote: I'm wasting life by having fun, while all of you are living it by being slaves of society.

when you grow up you will see things differently.

it must be nice to have someone taking care of all your needs while you "waste life"
nice for you, anyway
No. I can't tell you why, but I'm gonna die before I grow up...

I hope there is a heaven!!!!! :cry: