for what reason do you join a gang?

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

crewster8323

Unread post by crewster8323 » November 1st, 2005, 2:23 am

i am a asian guy, who once joined a gang. reasons, power, money and ladies. asians who tend to join gangs have either one of these approachs.

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » November 2nd, 2005, 10:52 am

I joined a gang cause the niggas these 60s crips shot at me down the waywhen I was 10.

orangemo/citgo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by orangemo/citgo » November 9th, 2005, 7:52 pm

My answer is the exact same as JAE but in Chicago and for my case it was the disciples as opposed to the crips that had enaged and so enraged me. I guess Allah(swt) quelled the storm by putting many disciples in my life that I loved as hommies that kept me from becomming America's enemy number 1.
Alhumdillillah 8)

b $oney

Re: for what reason do you join a gang?

Unread post by b $oney » December 5th, 2005, 9:55 am

fumadora wrote:i don't get it. why would you wanna be in a gang?
Thers nothing out their to make anybody understand. People that dont grow up around this shit, keep asking why we choose this lifestyle, and we keep asking each other why we bang. Theres some unexplandable glory that makes us want to be hard and feared while also being respected by our hoods. Its like asking a sports star why they play so hard........? They play hard for the team, WE...... WE bang heavy for our BOYZ. We want people to say "Yo, thre goez that nigga BEAR. He a fucking O.G, the baddest dude i knoz and know what cuzz, i'm goin be just like that MOTHERFUCKER!

mexboy

Unread post by mexboy » May 8th, 2006, 8:29 am

fu** gangs all bout the feria 8)

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by niro » May 8th, 2006, 12:18 pm

crewster8323 wrote:i am a asian guy, who once joined a gang. reasons, power, money and ladies. asians who tend to join gangs have either one of these approachs.
yea money
plus cos people dnt think like they did in old days, they dnt wanna fite one on one, u gotta know some tough ppl so that u got backup if u get in trouble

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » May 11th, 2006, 8:29 am

Hey Niro, wagwan man! Its Endz here, called Noog on this board! Just to agree with you...in London right now, its all about the paper, the status, the respect, an idea of power....

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by niro » May 11th, 2006, 11:01 am

sup mann

yea word to gettin that paper

Spurs

Unread post by Spurs » May 15th, 2006, 6:54 am

For me and probably alot of others it seemed cool, when you walkin the streets with not enough money for a damn penny candy and at home without enough money for the bills every month n you see these older guys rollin round in cool cars , lots of woman , and stacks of $ you just like "damn I wish I had that shit" so you get invloved and it just goes on from there.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 17th, 2006, 11:54 pm

family

Dregsta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Dregsta » May 26th, 2006, 11:22 pm

me the only reason i would join a gang is to take over the gang like scarface.Start from bodom and try to reach the top at all cost.But i rather do it school wise cuz once you step in your traped.Blood in blood out!

.:STREET QUEEN:.
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by .:STREET QUEEN:. » May 29th, 2006, 2:45 pm

CURIOSITY

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » July 23rd, 2006, 2:59 pm

brothers join gangs to be apart of something ,majority of people always wanna be known/or security

Annabelle

Unread post by Annabelle » September 8th, 2006, 7:47 pm

Question: If you had an adult intervene and take you to talk to ex gang members who tell their story about all the bad things that happened to them and how they've changed their lives and they regret their gun shot wounds, tattoos, and the time they've spent in prison, would that have changed your mind about joining?

kukura

Unread post by kukura » September 9th, 2006, 8:05 pm

alot of kids join gangs to fit in or be in the "in" crowd but it actually spirals into something thats out of control and most of the time its very damaging mentally atleast on me with people who you couldnt even kick it with because of where theyre from even though we grew up as kids

shaun_zach
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by shaun_zach » November 3rd, 2006, 11:05 am

Yea its true a lot of kids join to fit in, or from association and the "glamorous life " that some gang members pertray. I feel and believe that a lot of kids join gangs because they need to feel the love of a family because they don't have that at home. It's true if you live in a certain area then you are most like to filter into the gang that surrounds your area, you know that if you grew up around crips you can't go into a blood neighborhood and vice versa on the east cost if you grew up in GD area then you can't go into Stone territory. There are many different reasons for gang involvement and everyone has their different reasons, but it all boils down to having a sense of belonging and family.

Social Pete

The need to fill a void

Unread post by Social Pete » November 3rd, 2006, 3:30 pm

children are enticed by siblings that are gang members. Often these siblings are looked up to, and learn how to cope with society through the actions of thier siblings. It is not because of the lack of feeling or being loved, that is behind young children becoming gang members, but rather it is what these same children see in the actions of those they respect or love. These children then seek to be like those individuals by following in thier footsteps.

FIGHT IGNORANCE, DONT'S GET IT TWISTED

Social Pete

Re: The need to fill a void

Unread post by Social Pete » November 3rd, 2006, 3:31 pm

Social Pete wrote:children are enticed by siblings that are gang members. Often these siblings are looked up to, and learn how to cope with society through the actions of thier siblings. It is not because of the lack of feeling or being loved, that is behind young children becoming gang members, but rather it is what these same children see in the actions of those they respect or love. These children then seek to be like those individuals by following in thier footsteps.

FIGHT IGNORANCE, DONT GET IT TWISTED

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 3rd, 2006, 5:18 pm

some people on here talk crazy ,
in africa there are people struggling X10 as anybody in the US but u don c'em joinin gangs,
i use to think its the same thing n shit but if we really look back naah was it really necessary,
some people join gangs coz they cant fight they own fight, they cant stand up for themselves n need otha people to,
some people ador gangs, some people listen to rappers,
some people want to be gangsta's coz gangsta shit excites young boi'z,
some people its all they seen since a kid so wtf who cares,
some from protection
some to look good,

for me id join a gang fo money
and being organised in robberies, burglaries,home invasions
i don like ridin with gangs
jst 4 or 5 niggaz maybe a click or a crew or somethin

shaun_zach
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: for what reason do you join a gang?

Unread post by shaun_zach » November 8th, 2006, 11:25 am

KrazieShadow wrote:For 1 simple reason- To Be Down 4 The Hood and Down 4 the Homies
But I ask, where is the hood and your homies when you r on lock with no mail and no commissary :!: :?: You are right children learn and mimick what they see in family members, but there are some kids that don't have that to even mimick. :( :cry:

There are a whole lot of gangs and members but not all of them are organized, because there is a lot of jealoucy that can arise within a gang that causes gang members to turn on each other, oh dam there goes the sense of family. :!:

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » November 8th, 2006, 11:53 am

gang bangin' is stupid...i mean if u a 4 real nigga n u really ride out 4 ur set, i hear that, do ur thing...but theres mad cats out here on the east that think its a game, n deep down inside, they kno they dont give a fuck about they set...theres a difference between being a gangmember and being a GANGBANGER....[/b]

IWB Woody

Unread post by IWB Woody » November 27th, 2006, 12:19 am

Family is the #1 reason