De La Hoya vs. Mayweather .

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

De La Hoya vs. Mayweather .

Unread post by oso1 » November 30th, 2006, 2:03 pm

on may 5th. 07 Oscar will fight Floyd at 154lbs.

still not known if Mayweather Sr. will train Oscar for this fight .

is this a mistake for Oscar to take this fight if Floyd Sr. doesnt train him ?

Floyd will be moving up to Jr. middleweight , no tune up , his first fight will be against Oscar .

is this a mistake for Floyd not to take a tune up , to see how he adjusts to the weight increase ?

curious to hear what your predictions are and why .

looneytunes1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looneytunes1 » November 30th, 2006, 2:04 pm

De La Hoya >. Mayweather

BlueCadillaC167
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueCadillaC167 » November 30th, 2006, 6:38 pm

I got my money on Mayweather.

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » November 30th, 2006, 9:33 pm

yea, de la hoya's nice n all that, but i think he was alot better back in the days...dudes gettin' type old, and besides my man mayweather is a beast...he got that boxing shit locked, he's real smooth with it...i got my money on mayweather...

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » December 1st, 2006, 12:55 am

pretty boy floyd wins hands down - too fast , i dont see a knock out, just battering oscar.

the pops said he wont train oscar against his son.

but oscar should know how to fight prettyboy , by now he should know the mayweathers style of fighting.

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: vegas

Unread post by tysuave » December 1st, 2006, 2:21 am

I think this will be a good fight to watch just to see what happens but in the end I think oscar is to quic and still has to much power for maywheatherr to handle the kind of power he has never felt oscar has knoc outs at that weight class and mayther has none I hope floyd wins but I really think he bit of more then he can chew this time and he's fighting him on oscar's hollyday lol yea he bit off more then he can chew but I wish him lucc...

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » December 1st, 2006, 2:34 am

This is a hard ass fight to call. Oscar has made a career out of beating up little dudes (Paez, Leija, Chavez) because he knew these dudes couldn't hurt him. Plus they was all past their prime when he fought 'em, so it was a speed factor in his favor. With PBF, he got good defense and every time Oscar throws a punch he'll catch a counter.

I don't think Floyd will KO Oscar, but I think he'll win a decision the same way Shane did. The only thing is him being able to deal with Oscar's punch, because Oscar can still crack.

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » December 1st, 2006, 2:39 am

creativemind wrote:This is a hard ass fight to call. Oscar has made a career out of beating up little dudes (Paez, Leija, Chavez) because he knew these dudes couldn't hurt him. Plus they was all past their prime when he fought 'em, so it was a speed factor in his favor. With PBF, he got good defense and every time Oscar throws a punch he'll catch a counter.

I don't think Floyd will KO Oscar, but I think he'll win a decision the same way Shane did. The only thing is him being able to deal with Oscar's punch, because Oscar can still crack.
very true.............you too tysuave , damn we got some sweet science strategist in here uh oh ...........lol

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » December 1st, 2006, 2:45 am

NICKELS wrote:
creativemind wrote:This is a hard ass fight to call. Oscar has made a career out of beating up little dudes (Paez, Leija, Chavez) because he knew these dudes couldn't hurt him. Plus they was all past their prime when he fought 'em, so it was a speed factor in his favor. With PBF, he got good defense and every time Oscar throws a punch he'll catch a counter.

very true.............you too tysuave , damn we got some sweet science strategist in here uh oh ...........lol
Man, I grew up on this shit!!! I got two uncles that was pro fighters back in the day, and they had my ass in the gym when I was about 5 years old. I was involved in too much other stuff to focus on boxing later, playing basketball and running track, but I always loved that shit. I got about 3000 fights on tape, and about 1500 MMA fights. I can break any fight down. That's what I do!!! *LOL*

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » December 1st, 2006, 4:14 am

tony jaa v.s. bruce lee ??

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » December 1st, 2006, 4:27 am

NICKELS wrote:tony jaa v.s. bruce lee ??
*LOL* I tell you the truth, I ain't a big Kung Fu, JKD dude. Even though I got black belts in Aikido and Kempo, traditional Martial Arts will get you fucked up if you ain't got no ground skills. All that spinning, twirling don't mean a hill of beans when a dude take yo ass to the ground.

I train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and it's already proven that in a one on one situation, that's the most effective art.

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » December 1st, 2006, 4:46 am

true..........i say bruce ..lol

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » December 1st, 2006, 4:52 am

NICKELS wrote:true..........i say bruce ..lol
Plus them dudes is performers. Katas, ballet, dance combined. Don't get me wrong, it's a place for that kinda stuff. You can't be trying to take a dude down and choke him out if got two of his boys with him. You'd get your head stomped in. But one on one, it's easier to take a dude down and put his ass to sleep.

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » December 1st, 2006, 5:00 am

i think it was bruce who was the first to create mixed martial arts and tell people to drop all the fancy kata's and dramatics to get str8 to it. - he created that philosophy....!>? right

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » December 1st, 2006, 10:24 am

ten years ago, this would have been DelaHoya hands down. He's actually fought quicker guys in the past. But to come back against a guy like Mayweather, I think might be a mistake in terms of his boxing career......

.....helluva business move though.

ablackmanlookin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ablackmanlookin » December 1st, 2006, 12:13 pm

Let's stop the talking let the fight begin becaus eI think it will be a classic. I would go with mayweather but wouldn't underestimate Oscar at all.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » December 1st, 2006, 5:55 pm

NICKELS wrote:i think it was bruce who was the first to create mixed martial arts and tell people to drop all the fancy kata's and dramatics to get str8 to it. - he created that philosophy....!>? right
Yeah, "All styles, no style". Don't limit yourself to something traditionally passed down from your Sensei if it don't work in a real life situation. There are belt classifications in BJJ, but there are guys that are learning MMA with no belt at all, and kicking ass. It's what you learn to use effectively, not what belt you have.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » December 1st, 2006, 6:00 pm

epun wrote:ten years ago, this would have been DelaHoya hands down. He's actually fought quicker guys in the past. But to come back against a guy like Mayweather, I think might be a mistake in terms of his boxing career......

.....helluva business move though.
Oscar is smart. He's at a point where people see him on the downside. So he's in a no lose situation. If he wins, he's back on top of the game, but if he loses, everybody just says, "Well he IS kinda old, so don't hold it against him". Good fight though.

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » December 1st, 2006, 11:57 pm

no excuse for oscars age .....my brother bernard hopkins is 40 and he retired at 41 , whippin on younger dudes.

foreman even older.

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » December 2nd, 2006, 12:04 am

yea, thats tru, age aint shit, but u gotta admit when ur young, u in ur prime...everybody is way better when they younger (duh)...just look at my man michael jordan....he was the truth baq in the days, although he was aight the last times he was playing, theres no doubt MJ was the man when he was younger...

Y.g. Kappa Don
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Y.g. Kappa Don » December 15th, 2006, 2:10 am

My moneys on Floyd he 2 quick with the chuck umz 4 De la hoya.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » January 25th, 2007, 11:29 pm

I seen on the news today that Mayweather Sr. demanded $ 2 million dollars from Oscar De L a Hoya to train him for his up comming fight , against Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Oscar refused to pay that amount , so Mayweather Sr. is out .

also ive read some where , that Oscar and Floyd Jr. agreed to use Reyes boxing gloves for their fight .

Reyes gloves are know as punchers gloves , not as much padding around the knuckle area compared to other gloves .

usually Mayweather wears Winning boxing gloves , which have more padding , to protect his hands , which hes had problems in the past .

SouljaGang
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljaGang » January 26th, 2007, 4:39 pm

floyd mayweather gon beat his ass but its gon definatley be a good fight

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » January 26th, 2007, 5:10 pm

^
what if Mayweather damages one of his hands ?

he did in his fight with Judah .

what about Floyd moving up to Jr. middleweight , will he still have enough speed and endurance at 154lbs. ?

honestly , i still cant make up my mind who will win , but im leaning towards Mayweather .

SouljaGang
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljaGang » January 26th, 2007, 9:38 pm

i dunno bout delahoya cuz wen theres a challange he always lost twice to mosely and to hopkins and mayweather got the reflexes of a cat he hella raw

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » January 27th, 2007, 12:38 am

SouljaGang wrote:i dunno bout delahoya because wen theres a challange he always lost twice to mosely and to hopkins and mayweather got the reflexes of a cat he hella raw
i dont think De La Hoya lost to Mosley in their second fight .

and as for the hopkins fight , Oscar moved up to 160 lbs. he was not strong enough at that weight .

now Mayweather is moving up to Jr. middleweight , im curious to see how he carries himself at 154lbs. hes not going to be as fast , but will he be slow enough for Oscar to catch him ?

ive always liked mayweather , and i agree he does have great reflexes .

SouljaGang
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljaGang » January 27th, 2007, 3:27 am

oso1 wrote:
SouljaGang wrote:i dunno bout delahoya because wen theres a challange he always lost twice to mosely and to hopkins and mayweather got the reflexes of a cat he hella raw
i dont think De La Hoya lost to Mosley in their second fight .

and as for the hopkins fight , Oscar moved up to 160 lbs. he was not strong enough at that weight .

now Mayweather is moving up to Jr. middleweight , im curious to see how he carries himself at 154lbs. hes not going to be as fast , but will he be slow enough for Oscar to catch him ?

ive always liked mayweather , and i agree he does have great reflexes .

true i feel u, dis could be one of the best fights of 2000-07 it seem like it 2 me not the best but one of

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » January 29th, 2007, 4:43 pm

De La Hoya got owned so many times by Sugar Shane, that I think Mayweather will make easy work of him. Plus latinos/whites bruise/bleed quicker so you already know what it is.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » January 29th, 2007, 6:38 pm

[quote="Bearfan"]De La Hoya got owned so many times by Sugar Shane, that I think Mayweather will make easy work of him.

De La Hoya vs. Mosley the first fight , Oscars fight plan was all wrong , but he took all Shanes punches , Oscar was not hurt at anytime in that fight , no bleeding , no black eyes or major swelling .

now their second fight , Oscar did a lot better , he won in my opinion , but the judges gave it to Mosley .

even though Oscar lost twice to Mosley , i wouldnt say he got owned in either of those fights .

Texasboy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Texasboy » January 29th, 2007, 10:47 pm

Floyd Mayweather Gonna Wreckshop on Oscar. But I know its gonna Be a Good Fight.

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » January 30th, 2007, 6:14 am

oso1 wrote:
Bearfan wrote:De La Hoya got owned so many times by Sugar Shane, that I think Mayweather will make easy work of him.

De La Hoya vs. Mosley the first fight , Oscars fight plan was all wrong , but he took all Shanes punches , Oscar was not hurt at anytime in that fight , no bleeding , no black eyes or major swelling .

now their second fight , Oscar did a lot better , he won in my opinion , but the judges gave it to Mosley .

even though Oscar lost twice to Mosley , i wouldnt say he got owned in either of those fights .
Oscar was owned on the power punches, we have two different opinions of what went down. I think Oscar is one of the greatest that did it, but even though I'm 20, I say that Roberto Duran is the greatest Latin to do it.

Back on topic, if oscar couldn't deal with Shane, Mayweather is on another level. Oscar can win if Floyd breaks one of his brittle ass hands, cause barring an upset it's not going down.

PELON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PELON » January 30th, 2007, 9:34 am

AS YOU GUYS CAN SEE BLACKS GOIN FOR MAYWEATHER AND HISPANICS GOIN FOR DE LA HOYA...... :twisted: