What hood killed Raymond Washington (RIP)?

There is a rich history in our urban streets and many articles and documentaries are discussing these guys. Post your thoughts here about those O/Gs, Veteranos and other historical figures from the past.
BIG RUSTY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

What hood killed Raymond Washington (RIP)?

Unread post by BIG RUSTY » July 28th, 2003, 7:30 pm

I got a question.Which hood killed raymond washington??.(RIP)Was it a crip hood or blood hood?? :evil: :evil:

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: What hood killed raymond washington(RIP)??

Unread post by alexalonso » July 28th, 2003, 11:22 pm

Raymond Washington was killed by someone who knew him personally but no one was ever arrested for his killing. He was 26 years when he was killed in August 1979.

There are two theories of who killed Raymond:

1) By 1979 the Crips where very big in LA and responsible for many killings and assaults. When Raymond came out of jail in the late 1970s many people blamed him for all the violence and becasue of the resentment towards him, he was killed. He was blamed for created such a violent street gang that slintered into many smaller sets.

2) The second theory is that when Raymond returned home from jail many gang members where using guns and when Raymond was on the streets it was all about fighting. He expressed his dislike for those that used guns and said that they were cowards since they did not want to fight anymore. Someone wanted to show Raymond a lesson so they killed him.

BIG RUSTY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BIG RUSTY » July 29th, 2003, 7:54 pm

Man, that's a trip!. Thanks for the info alonso,PEACE. 8)

Cheeks
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Cheeks » January 21st, 2004, 3:18 am

I know, and sorry for this stupid post cousin, but it was just something to mess around with.. RIP Raymond.
Last edited by Cheeks on January 24th, 2004, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » January 23rd, 2004, 10:18 am

Tookie had nothing to do with it. Infact, Took was highly upset about it.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 12th, 2004, 8:59 am

i'm sure Who ever killed raymond(RIP) iz lonG Gone, they/him probkabky bkeen Gone sinCe riGht after they/him killed him

rest - in - peaCe
RAYMOND WASHINGTON

MadeMan

Unread post by MadeMan » April 1st, 2004, 1:55 pm

I really dunno why it even matters because when you think about it Raymond is responsible for majority of the Gang Violence that still happens today If it was not for the Crips, bloods would not me here. And if Crips or Bloods did not exsist, many brothas would still be here to day.

N9ne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by N9ne » May 13th, 2004, 12:08 pm

i talked to someone that knew both ray washington, big tookie, etc. personally! he said ray's murder WAS NOT gang related.

Jupebox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Jo

Unread post by Jupebox » October 27th, 2006, 10:50 pm

I thought the finger pointed at the HOOVAZ...but then again what do I know I'm from the NORTH POLE. :wink:

extradout
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by extradout » October 28th, 2006, 6:02 pm

the nigga who wuz responsible for it just died recently... ya'll figure it out

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » October 30th, 2006, 1:35 pm

extradout wrote:the nigga who wuz responsible for it just died recently... ya'll figure it out
^^^^You put that together huh....?

Looks like we have an expert.....

I don't get it....this happened before most of yall was born.....what do you know about it :?:

extradout
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by extradout » October 30th, 2006, 2:40 pm

more then a dumbass named 'mangler' would........ :lol:

7-4-GD_MR.PHYSKKO

Unread post by 7-4-GD_MR.PHYSKKO » February 25th, 2007, 11:57 am

he suposebkly got killed bky sum snoovers n dats y dey all turned criminal instead of crip

BuCCyBlue
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BuCCyBlue » February 25th, 2007, 1:22 pm

7-4-GD_MR.PHYSKKO wrote:he suposebkly got killed bky sum snoovers n dats y dey all turned criminal instead of crip
lol dont speak on shit you dont know Raymond Washington was killed in 79....Hoovers turned Crims in the fuCCin' 90's

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » February 26th, 2007, 5:36 pm

7-4-GD_MR.PHYSKKO wrote:he suposebkly got killed bky sum snoovers n dats y dey all turned criminal instead of crip
LOLOLOLOL............you what 13,14 homie... 8)

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » February 26th, 2007, 6:01 pm

Coup wrote:
LOLOLOLOL............you what 13,14 homie... 8)
LMAO

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » February 27th, 2007, 9:01 am

Well, I for one, feel for how Raymond was seeing things if GUEST is correct - that he thought peeps were using guns too much when he came out of jail instead of fighting and he was critical of that and got popped. I know that many peeps on these boards think that UK is a nice lil peaceful island made of only tea and the royal family, but things ahve always had that old school flavour here - boys grow up fist fighting in many communities - then shanks and then and its only more lately again that guns have come in to play. London is a little like LA in the late 70's right now.
I think Raymond was right.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » March 7th, 2007, 10:17 pm

People should learn to keep their mouths closed if they dont know what the fuc they are speaking on!

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » June 19th, 2007, 11:35 pm

THAT REAL FUNNY ONE ...LOL HAHAHAHA

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » June 20th, 2007, 3:31 am

alexalonso wrote:Raymond Washington was killed by someone who knew him personally but no one was ever arrested for his killing. He was 26 years when he was killed in August 1979.

There are two theories of who killed Raymond:

1) By 1979 the Crips where very big in LA and responsible for many killings and assaults. When Raymond came out of jail in the late 1970s many people blamed him for all the violence and becasue of the resentment towards him, he was killed. He was blamed for created such a violent street gang that slintered into many smaller sets.

2) The second theory is that when Raymond returned home from jail many gang members where using guns and when Raymond was on the streets it was all about fighting. He expressed his dislike for those that used guns and said that they were cowards since they did not want to fight anymore. Someone wanted to show Raymond a lesson so they killed him.
i had the chance to talk with an old cat who was at freemont when the crips was 9 at jimel sam devil big paul batman davis time way before tookie was even a crips when'' there 'll come a time'' was the initiation song and from the cradle to the grave was the slogan of the set and the man told me it was a retaliation for sum shit the crip did and true the guy knew ray and he called ray to come to his carto chat and ray was a very parnoid cuzz he wouldnt aproach a car with unknown people in like that ..but after all its still a mystery ...and at that time lapd didnt gave a fucc about youth from watts blac comunity

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » June 20th, 2007, 3:35 am

LcBwC wrote:
People should learn to keep their mouths closed if they dont know what the fuc they are speaking on!
hoover split had nun to do with this ..this is pure comedy cuzz u should know that hoovaz turned criminal recently we'r talkin about 70's shit while hoovaz became crim after the treaty as far as i know

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » January 17th, 2008, 4:54 am

Tatta wrote:Tookie had nothing to do with it. Infact, Took was highly upset about it.
Tookie was already in custody for months for the killings was was eventually executed for in 2005, when Raymond was killed in August. I think Tookie was arrested in March of 1979.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » January 29th, 2009, 12:28 am

MadeMan wrote:I really dunno why it even matters because when you think about it Raymond is responsible for majority of the Gang Violence that still happens today If it was not for the Crips, bloods would not me here. And if Crips or Bloods did not exsist, many brothas would still be here to day.

If Raymond dint start the Crips, someone would have started something, and whatever that "something" would have been would have became violent and destructive over the years. You cannot blame Raymond for the crime and violence that was produced throughout South LA. Blame COINTELPRO, blame the government, blame J Edgar Hoover, for attacking, murdering, and incarcerating the most powerful gang prevention tool ever established, the 1960s civil rights and black power movement.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Re:

Unread post by alexalonso » January 29th, 2009, 12:30 am

Hoovers didnt turn Criminals until about 1995 or 1996 almost 20 years after Raymond was killed. But I do believe that either the Hoovers or an East Coast member was responsible for the murder.

sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Unread post by sickside » February 2nd, 2009, 7:38 pm

shit i think it was one of his own homies to make sure he doesnt get his crown back you know what i mean!..when one is in power they want to make sure there in power even tho they ant even the one who started it or who ever owned it in the frist place!

BooRoc
If in the United States: Ohio
What city do you live in now?: Cleveland

Unread post by BooRoc » March 29th, 2016, 1:37 am

Nobody really knows who killed Raymond Washington (RIP). Rumors have been spread that it was the Hoovers that's why from my understanding that the East Coast Crips and the Hoovers hate each other. Like other people have said Raymond was a very cautious person and he wouldn't walk up on a car unless he knew them.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 29th, 2016, 2:35 am

BooRoc wrote:Nobody really knows who killed Raymond Washington (RIP). Rumors have been spread that it was the Hoovers that's why from my understanding that the East Coast Crips and the Hoovers hate each other. Like other people have said Raymond was a very cautious person and he wouldn't walk up on a car unless he knew them.
I have have more information were i now know that at least 20 - 30 people that are still alive know who killed Raymond. Raymond had created the 62nd Street Crips and it wasn't noone from there.

BooRoc
If in the United States: Ohio
What city do you live in now?: Cleveland

Unread post by BooRoc » March 30th, 2016, 1:29 am

[quote="alexalonso"][quote="BooRoc"]Nobody really knows who killed Raymond Washington (RIP). Rumors have been spread that it was the Hoovers that's why from my understanding that the East Coast Crips and the Hoovers hate each other. Like other people have said Raymond was a very cautious person and he wouldn't walk up on a car unless he knew them.[/quote]

I have have more information were i now know that at least 20 - 30 people that are still alive know who killed Raymond. Raymond had created the 62nd Street Crips and it wasn't noone from there.[/quote]

Ok let me rephrase that no one from my generation knows who killed Raymond Washington, and I'm 40. All the Coasts I know think it was Hoovers that killed him.

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » March 31st, 2016, 5:09 pm

alexalonso wrote:
MadeMan wrote:I really dunno why it even matters because when you think about it Raymond is responsible for majority of the Gang Violence that still happens today If it was not for the Crips, bloods would not me here. And if Crips or Bloods did not exsist, many brothas would still be here to day.

If Raymond dint start the Crips, someone would have started something, and whatever that "something" would have been would have became violent and destructive over the years. You cannot blame Raymond for the crime and violence that was produced throughout South LA. Blame COINTELPRO, blame the government, blame J Edgar Hoover, for attacking, murdering, and incarcerating the most powerful gang prevention tool ever established, the 1960s civil rights and black power movement.
People need to understand the entities are doing what their suppose to do. It's like systematic. A man is going to do what a man does. An animal will do what an animal does. Our system is a machine that produces the type of people we face. The blame game all leads back to one thing. Has anything ever been a perfect system? Now really.. We heard of countries that were fine before the settlers came, but what did the settlers want? The resources. That will continue to happen until no one is starving. Now what's full proof?

Gloss
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Illinois
What city do you live in now?: Chicago

Unread post by Gloss » July 31st, 2016, 4:32 pm

I wonder if his brother Derard knows. Supposedly when Raymond was shot and on his way to the hospital, he told his homie that "he knew who did it and he would take care of it." He died a few hours later.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 31st, 2016, 5:00 pm

Gloss wrote:I wonder if his brother Derard knows. Supposedly when Raymond was shot and on his way to the hospital, he told his homie that "he knew who did it and he would take care of it." He died a few hours later.
Many people know who killed Raymond. More information has come out in reason years and the actually trigger person is known in several circles, but the case is so old dont expect the LAPD to ever arrest anyone for it.

Gloss
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Illinois
What city do you live in now?: Chicago

Unread post by Gloss » July 31st, 2016, 6:46 pm

[quote="alexalonso"][quote="Gloss"]I wonder if his brother Derard knows. Supposedly when Raymond was shot and on his way to the hospital, he told his homie that "he knew who did it and he would take care of it." He died a few hours later.[/quote]

Many people know who killed Raymond. More information has come out in reason years and the actually trigger person is known in several circles, but the case is so old dont expect the LAPD to ever arrest anyone for it.[/quote]

Yeh, I doubt the LAPD ever cared. Just one less banger for them to deal with.

I wonder if his killer lived to see middle age. I would be shocked if he did. Those who know must have exacted some type of retribution.