Chino Riot Sends 2 Dozen To Hospital

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.
Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Chino Riot Sends 2 Dozen To Hospital

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 30th, 2006, 8:05 pm

Dec 30, 2006 4:26 pm US/Pacific

Prison Riot Sends 2 Dozen To Hospital

(AP) CHINO, Calif. A riot at the state prison in Chino today involved more than 800 inmates and sent at least two dozen to hospitals with moderate to serious injuries.

California Institution for Men spokesman Mark Hargrove said fight between two inmates quickly spread through the prison.

Guards aided by sheriff's deputies and area police quelled the fighting in about two hours. No officers were injured.

At least 24 inmates were taken to nearby hospitals for treatment, including one inmate who had severe head injuries and puncture wounds to his back.

Hargrove says the fighting may have been racially motivated.

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_364193001.html

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 31st, 2006, 11:11 am

What the CO's are saying
Incident happen around 0915 hours on Westyard during yard. Disrespect issue between blacks and Mexs.(whites also jumped in) Yard jumped! Followed by several dorms. Staff took control with the help of several responders from many Prisons and outside agencies.

NateDogg
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NateDogg » December 31st, 2006, 3:26 pm

Did the whites jump in to help the mexicans? I wonder why they would want to get involved in that if they could have just sat back and watched them take eachother out.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 31st, 2006, 6:14 pm

NateDogg wrote:Did the whites jump in to help the mexicans? I wonder why they would want to get involved in that if they could have just sat back and watched them take eachother out.
I dunno....thats all they are saying rt now. I have a homie in Chino and I am waiting for a letter.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 31st, 2006, 6:52 pm

I don't want to bring this thread down to an immature level but this is real every time I drive down the complex strip in chino random women offer to suck my dick for a ride, cuz there fresh out the pin and ain't got shit... I always laugh cuz there always ugly.

As for the thread its funny how the sheriffs dept. says the incident may have been racially motivated...

areefce
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by areefce » December 31st, 2006, 7:15 pm

yeah its funny "may be a racial thing" isnt most everything a racial thing????

Christina Marie

Inland prison remains on lockdown

Unread post by Christina Marie » January 4th, 2007, 11:07 pm

Inland prison remains on lockdown

RIOT: Saturday's 90-minute melee injured 51 inmates. Investigators have yet to determine the cause.

12:17 AM PST on Wednesday, January 3, 2007

By PAIGE AUSTIN
The Press-Enterprise

Three inmates remain hospitalized following one of the largest riots at the California Institution for Men, which remained in lockdown mode on Tuesday as investigators try to determine what prompted the melee.

The Saturday morning riot, which left 51 inmates injured, capped a second year marked by racial tension in the Chino prison and other prisons and jails statewide. Though inmates lined up by race during Saturday's fighting, officials have not determined whether the riot was racially motivated. It's not unusual for factors such as crowding, gangs and racial tensions to contribute to prison violence, said Lt. Mark Hargrove, prison spokesman.

The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation plans to confront each of these issues with major policy changes this year as it responds to class-action lawsuits and proposals to ease crowding.

"All these things are larger than CIM," said Bill Sessa, a Department of Corrections spokesman. "It's rare that (riots) escalate to this level and magnitude. But prisons are environments that have a lot of tension in them, and overcrowding makes these tensions worse."

Built to house 1,000 to 3,000 inmates, the Chino prison is now home to 6,609 men -- mostly parole violators or inmates waiting to be transferred to other prisons.

Last month, Gov. Schwarzenegger introduced a proposal for parole changes and a $10.9 billion package to relieve crowding by adding nearly 78,000 beds to prisons and county jails.

As Southern California's major prison reception center, the Chino facility is a temporary stop for most local felons, and it has a reputation as a hub for California prison gangs.

The FBI and the Department of Justice recently have attempted to break up prison gangs' stranglehold with investigations into activities of the Mexican Mafia and Aryan Brotherhood.

However, prison officials don't know whether Saturday's riot was planned by the prison gangs, said Hargrove.

The fighting started between two inmates, one black and one Hispanic, and when the riot was over, there were only five makeshift weapons found. These facts would hint that the violence was spontaneous, Hargrove said.

The injuries were concentrated among black inmates -- the prison's minority population. Of the 27 inmates who were hospitalized, all but three are black. One of the three is Hispanic, and two are white. Such numbers would usually indicate an organized attack by one race-based gang against another, he said.

In December, the prison dealt with a smaller riot involving 60 black and Hispanic inmates. The prison had two riots in June divided along similar racial lines and a 200-inmate riot between blacks and Hispanics in 2005.

Since the violence, prison officials have transferred 130 rioters to other prisons and are in the process of moving nearly 100 more to segregated cells, where they will stay for 23 hours a day.

One inmate awaits surgery for a head injury, and two others suffering spinal-chord injuries are likely to be released from the hospital shortly, Hargrove said.

Windows and doors were broken, and offices were ransacked, he added. About 200 officers from prisons in neighboring counties and dozens of local police officers were called in to quell the violence, which lasted for 90 minutes.

Activities such as classes and yard time at portions of the prison will remain halted this week as officers investigate the cause of the Saturday melee, which spread to four dorms housing roughly 1,000 inmates, Hargrove said. Prison officials closed its doors to new inmates this week until the investigation is finished, he added.

Many of the inmates' friends and relatives have spent a frantic few days without word of their loved ones after the riot. Prison officials hope to set up a phone line specifically to answer their questions, Hargrove said.

"You get that icky feeling in your stomach that something is wrong, but there is nothing you can do about it," said Alice Jones, a Riverside County resident whose son is incarcerated at the prison for a parole violation. "I know a lot of parents must be going through the same thing."

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stor ... f38b4.html

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » January 5th, 2007, 6:47 am

The Peckerwoods would have sided with the Surs..

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » January 5th, 2007, 10:42 am

DC wrote:The Peckerwoods would have sided with the Surs..
Incase you don't know, it pops off with the woods and sur too.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 5th, 2007, 12:20 pm

GTS wrote:
Real shit, GTS.

There's been occasional bookings between the 2 sides in the last couple of

years, something that was un-heard of many moons back.

------------

and DC, STOP BEATING AROUND THE BUSH!!

What is your fuc-ken point?

Does the SUR / WOOD Alliance make you lose sleep at nigth? :shock:
WTF :evil:

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » January 5th, 2007, 4:42 pm

MARTINEZ wrote:
GTS wrote:
Real shit, GTS.

There's been occasional bookings between the 2 sides in the last couple of

years, something that was un-heard of many moons back.

------------

and DC, STOP BEATING AROUND THE BUSH!!

What is your fuc-ken point?

Does the SUR / WOOD Alliance make you lose sleep at nigth? :shock:
WTF :evil:
Race and Respect is what it comes down too inside.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » January 5th, 2007, 5:12 pm

Martinez, whats with the hostility, Im just stating a point for one of the posters who wanted to know what the whites involvement was.
I dont lose sleep over wood/sur allience, its been going for along time now and it will continue to. I have no problem with you, you are actually one of the most knowledgeable dudes on this forum.

DC

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 5th, 2007, 5:20 pm

DC wrote:Martinez, whats with the hostility, Im just stating a point for one of the posters who wanted to know what the whites involvement was.
I dont lose sleep over wood/sur allience, its been going for along time now and it will continue to. I have no problem with you, you are actually one of the most knowledgeable dudes on this forum.

DC
Are you Chicano, Black, White?

Where are you based out of DC?

That will help me put you into perspective. :wink:

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » January 5th, 2007, 5:48 pm

Im white based out of Costa Mesa.. Spent alot of my time abroad for work but have lived in LA/OC on and off.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » January 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm

i used to work in costa mesa, right there off 19 st.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » January 5th, 2007, 5:53 pm

theres more homeless people on 19 st. then all of California. LOL shit is ugly down there.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 5th, 2007, 5:53 pm

DC wrote:Im white based out of Costa Mesa.. Spent alot of my time abroad for work but have lived in LA/OC on and off.
Ever ran with any Woods?

If so, who?

Ever did time?

How old are you?

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » January 5th, 2007, 5:53 pm

lol

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » January 5th, 2007, 6:20 pm

Im a youngster Martinez only 25, never been in the Pen, Im a wood but dont really run with anyone, too busy working and focusing on other things.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » January 5th, 2007, 6:21 pm

25 aint young

funk on site
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by funk on site » January 5th, 2007, 9:10 pm

he injuries were concentrated among black inmates -- the prison's minority population
thas how coward these white and Mexican muthafucaz is, the blacs is already the minority and these sucaz still gotta team up :?

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » January 5th, 2007, 9:21 pm

From a friend
That is exactly why this happened, my husband told me a few days before this broke out that they cut mini yard for excercie, in mini yard everyone is let out by race so that there will be no altercations, he said the minute they cut mini yard and said everyone would be out in the main yard together he knew it wouldn't be long before a fight broke out