ITALIAN MAFIA IS CHANGED

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
casalem
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

ITALIAN MAFIA IS CHANGED

Unread post by casalem » January 6th, 2007, 6:57 am

Im a northern italian guy n i live near milan.First of all i want to clarify that only southern italians join the mafia or however u call the italian mob n only in the south of italy except some exceptions we have mafia's business.Southern italians r pretty different from northern ones.The first ones live in the poorest part of italy n most of ppl have as first languge their dialect(If i went to some southern italy's periphery maybe i couldn't understand wat ppl say).Since the 19th century there have been an armed organization who controlled southern italy like a government because the real one didn't care bout Meridione's(southern italy)problems,which were a lot.The italian government started fightin the mafia only in the 1980's when brave cops n judges decided to risk their life against the corrupted southern politicians who protected the mafiosi.A lot of those cops n judges were killed by Cosa Nostra n Camorra but thanks to their sacrifice thousands of mafia members were arrested.
During that period the mob was severely hit n had to change his way to do.The mafia's murders considerably decreased because mafia's bosses understood that if they killed less ppl, police n government attention would go down.That's wat happened n is happening in italy:my government thinks southern mob lost most of his power but that is not true.In addition to the drugs deal they still control part of the public administration,some politicians,some industries;they also give jobs to the poorest ppl to have lower social classes' protection(omertà=i couldn't find the english translation).im lucky to live in the north where there r no mafia's problems but i lose much of my money for them because the italian politicians think that to help THE south of italy the north has to work for it ;but they don't understand that all the money we send there goes to mafia's control.

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » January 6th, 2007, 7:37 am

How can it be that there is Cosa Nostra,Camorra in Holland and not in the North of Italy.Trust me if they are in Holland then they are also in North Italy.And there have been arrest of mafioso in Milan.People in the North of Italy don't use drugs?Money is in the North of Itally.Why is the Ndrangheta smuggling so much cocaïne to Italy?Only for the South?Trust me they are everywhere in Italy.Drugs must go to the North too,so they must have there people there to.And the most powerful Italian crime organisation is these days the Ndrangheta,they have almost a monopely on the cocaïne trade.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » January 6th, 2007, 10:56 am

dutch wrote:And the most powerful Italian crime organisation is these days the Ndrangheta,they have almost a monopely on the cocaïne trade.
No, id say its the goverment... Has been at least for a long time. :lol:
Heard about the story when prime minister Andreaotti hired Mafia killers to murk a critical journalist in the 70s/80s? :shock: No thats some corrupt shit, isnt it?

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » January 6th, 2007, 11:55 am

Sentenza wrote:
dutch wrote:And the most powerful Italian crime organisation is these days the Ndrangheta,they have almost a monopely on the cocaïne trade.
No, id say its the goverment... Has been at least for a long time. :lol:
Heard about the story when prime minister Andreaotti hired Mafia killers to murk a critical journalist in the 70s/80s? :shock: No thats some corrupt shit, isnt it?
Government-Mafia,for a time it was the same in Italy look at Salvo Lima.Btw i know you was just joking around. :wink:

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » January 6th, 2007, 7:09 pm

But the Andreotti shit is real. You cant get a high position in Italy politics without either having Mafia connections or being trageted by them. Has been so at least for the last 50 years. Look at Berlusconi. His closest business partner for decades had Mafia ties (approved) and he didnt know about this shit? And by coincident passed a law that makes him immune to these claims shortly before he was being trialed? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

casalem
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by casalem » January 6th, 2007, 7:17 pm

Im answerin to DUTCH:
First of all when i said Mafia is not in the north of Italy I meant that NO NORTHERN ITALIAN R MAFIOSI(Im sure i know wat "mafioso" means,Do u know wat it means DUTCH?).Second,of course Mafia sell drugs to someone in the north who will later sell the drug 2 pplbut r not mafiosi, their just normal drug dealers like Albanese,Italiana or whoever wants to buy drug from Mafia(In my town im sure pedlars don't buy the stuff from mafia but from north african gangs set in turin who bring the stupefacients from holland or south america).
Wat i want u 2 understand is that North n south of italy r 2 different societies n 2 different ppl!U will never see a piedmontese godfather or a venician godfather cuz in these territories mafia wouldn't have the bases to build such a sophisticated n powerful organization.Someone says that will never happen cuz we r richer than southern italians.i say that it will never happen cuz we never needed mafia n will never need it.I hope u will understand my words n wat i wanna mean with them.remember that mafia lives thanks above all to ppl who protect mafiosi.I don't blame those ppl cuz they certainly live worse than me.i just say that if italy wanna delete mafia must start helpin southern ppl.
i wanna thank dutch for his post cuz maybe i wasn't be clear in my first explanation.

casalem
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by casalem » January 6th, 2007, 7:34 pm

however i added other things bout mafia in the topic"wat's goin on with cosa nostra".I read the recall about Andreotti.If u recheck my first post i wrote that mafia still control some politicians:Andreotti is the most important example.
Now i want to add something to my speech about mafiosi n southern ppl.
Toto Rina.u know who it is.Toto is a southern name.No northern ppl would never name their son toto.Rina is a southern surname.Like Bernardo(southern name)Provenzano(sicilian surname).Thin about other mafiosi's names but u will never find a northern italian person.I don't wanna be racist but i don't like to be associated to mafia whenever i go to foreign country if in my region n in all other northern regions mafia never existed.Now I could start a new discussion about The 2 italies n about the meanin of a unique nation with 2 different ppl,but i will probably do dis in another topic.

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » January 7th, 2007, 5:14 am

casalem wrote:Im answerin to DUTCH:
First of all when i said Mafia is not in the north of Italy I meant that NO NORTHERN ITALIAN R MAFIOSI(Im sure i know wat "mafioso" means,Do u know wat it means DUTCH?).Second,of course Mafia sell drugs to someone in the north who will later sell the drug 2 pplbut r not mafiosi, their just normal drug dealers like Albanese,Italiana or whoever wants to buy drug from Mafia(In my town im sure pedlars don't buy the stuff from mafia but from north african gangs set in turin who bring the stupefacients from holland or south america).
Wat i want u 2 understand is that North n south of italy r 2 different societies n 2 different ppl!U will never see a piedmontese godfather or a venician godfather because in these territories mafia wouldn't have the bases to build such a sophisticated n powerful organization.Someone says that will never happen because we r richer than southern italians.i say that it will never happen because we never needed mafia n will never need it.I hope u will understand my words n wat i wanna mean with them.remember that mafia lives thanks above all to ppl who protect mafiosi.I don't blame those ppl because they certainly live worse than me.i just say that if italy wanna delete mafia must start helpin southern ppl.
i wanna thank dutch for his post because maybe i wasn't be clear in my first explanation.
Well the meaning of mafia,the Sicilian themselves don't even really know the meaning of the word mafia.Mafia members themselves say it means Men of Honour.Leoluca Orlando last time said it come from the Arabic words Ma Fi meaning:It is not here.There are dozens of explanations what mafia means.I like to hear your one?And further i know what you want to say.But what i heard is why there is no Northern-Italian mafia guys is that,you only can become a made guy if you are from the South.The mafia don't want Northern guys,it's not because the North is rich,it's because the mafia don't want them.Further i know the whole North-South thing in Italy.And maybe Albenian or African gangs are selling the drugs in the North,but i am sure they got it from the South.Like i said 'Ndrangheta has a monopely on the drugstrade.They control most of the drugstrade in Europe,but they don't control the drugstrade in the North.I think that's hard to believe.

casalem
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by casalem » January 7th, 2007, 6:11 am

Hmmm,Dutch u think to know everything about mafia...but both u n me don't know anything about it cuz we don't live it.we can just make suppositions about it man.

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » January 7th, 2007, 6:26 am

First of all,if you think i say things that aren't true.Just say so and i will provide you proof of what i say and i will ask you for proof of what you are claiming.Second i have allot of friends who are from the South of Italy.Third the mafia maybe a secret organisation,but it ain't that secret anymore,due to rats and undercover police work.Fourth i can read.Books,internet,magazines.

casalem
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by casalem » January 7th, 2007, 11:54 am

Wat the hell did u mean with ur last post?
Im happy u got southern italian friends n im also happy u read books n magazines that's good 4 u.
The only thing that makes me angry is that a guy from holland claim to know more things than me about mafia,damn.U can't know more things than me.Only a brightly southern italian can know more than me about mafia,damn.Who u think u r?

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » January 7th, 2007, 12:13 pm

Maybe if you were from the South i would agree.Just because your Italian you know more?What,all the information about the mob is in your dna?You were born with that information?And like i said,then say what i said was false?Was there any info what i said not true?Btw it took you a while to response?

casalem
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by casalem » January 7th, 2007, 12:23 pm

Listen 2 me n then stop.U started jumpin on me n added a post who said the same things i wrote.However altogether we said all true things(except when u said that there r northern mafiosi).I didn't know about the oriental origin of the word mafia.
However i got angry cuz u started criticisin me repeatin the same i said.

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » January 7th, 2007, 12:28 pm

Ok sorry,i'm not on here to offend somebody.And i don't know everything about the mafia.Of course i know some things,but not everything.And i don't know what is being said on the streets of Italy,because i don't live there.So if you know some facts that you heard threw the grapevine,please tell?

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » January 7th, 2007, 12:31 pm

casalem wrote:Listen 2 me n then stop.U started jumpin on me n added a post who said the same things i wrote.However altogether we said all true things(except when u said that there r northern mafiosi).I didn't know about the oriental origin of the word mafia.
However i got angry because u started criticisin me repeatin the same i said.
O and one thing i did not say there are Northern mafioso.I said there are mafioso's in the North of Italy.With that i meant there are members of the mafia from the South who are in the North doin business.

casalem
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by casalem » January 7th, 2007, 12:40 pm

OK man stop pleeze,peace

Jakk
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jakk » January 7th, 2007, 2:14 pm

yea I think the Camorra are on the decline at the moment after there war with the Albainian (& other Bulken) groups they lost alot of respect on the streets and turf and Solders and there pressed by them in the Prostitution Business and Coke Trade.

heres so info on "The New Islanic Mafia" (the Albainian Mafia) and there possable link with Th Al Qaeda Network
http://www.serbianna.com/columns/mb/028.shtml gives a little history of (in a "what we know already" style) and then goes on in a little depth on the Conection with Al Qaeda

The Camorra alos had a cival war over drugs (the Sicilian Mafia convinced the Camorra to convert the cigarette smuggling routes into drug smuggling routes with the Sicilian Mafia's assistance) in the 1970's as some of the leaders didn't agree on drugs still 400 members where murdered and alot fleed to the USA

and the Clans of the Caamorra often fight eachother

and scotland has had its brush with with the Camorra, Antonio La Torres of Aberdeen, Scotland was a "Don" of the Camorra. He was convicted in Scotland awaiting extradition to Italy

The Camorra existed in USA between the mid- 1800s and early 1900s. They rivaled the Morello family for power in New York. Their presence today in the U.S. is assured by the business of false clothes and drug shipments with the other families

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » January 7th, 2007, 2:22 pm

Jakk wrote:yea I think the Camorra are on the decline at the moment after there war with the Albainian (& other Bulken) groups they lost alot of respect on the streets and turf and Solders and there pressed by them in the Prostitution Business and Coke Trade.

heres so info on "The New Islanic Mafia" (the Albainian Mafia) and there possable link with Th Al Qaeda Network
http://www.serbianna.com/columns/mb/028.shtml gives a little history of (in a "what we know already" style) and then goes on in a little depth on the Conection with Al Qaeda

The Camorra alos had a cival war over drugs (the Sicilian Mafia convinced the Camorra to convert the cigarette smuggling routes into drug smuggling routes with the Sicilian Mafia's assistance) in the 1970's as some of the leaders didn't agree on drugs still 400 members where murdered and alot fleed to the USA

and scotland has had its brush with with the Camorra, Antonio La Torres of Aberdeen, Scotland was a "Don" of the Camorra. He was convicted in Scotland awaiting extradition to Italy

The Camorra existed in USA between the mid- 1800s and early 1900s. They rivaled the Morello family for power in New York. Their presence today in the U.S. is assured by the business of false clothes and drug shipments with the other families
Where did the Camorra lost turf,i think your talking out of ya butthole.

Jakk
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jakk » January 7th, 2007, 2:33 pm

'Ndrangheta

The Calabrian 'Ndrangheta (from the Greek word andragathía for heroism and virtue), IPA: /n̩.dɾaŋ.ˈe.ta/, is one of the most powerful and ruthless mafia organisations in Italy. It is not as famous as the Sicilian Cosa Nostra and has remained more rural compared to the Neapolitan Camorra and the Apulian Sacra corona unita. Though commonly lumped together with the Sicilian Mafia, the 'Ndrangheta operate completely independently from the Sicilians, though there is contact between the two due to the geographical closeness of Calabria and Sicily. One group of 'ndranghetistas to have been discovered outside of Italy was in Ontario, Canada several decades ago. They were dubbed the Siderno Group[1] by Canadian judges as most of its members hailed from Siderno.

Italian anti-organized crime agencies estimate that the 'Ndrangheta rakes in about $30 billion annually, mostly from illegal narcotics, but also from ostensibly legal businesses such as construction, restaurants and supermarkets. There are believed to be about 100 'Ndrangheta families in Calabria, who have become more successful than their Sicilian counterparts because their family ties are closer, their vows of silence are more strictly observed, and unlike the Sicilian Mafia in the early 1990s, they have scrupulously avoided a head-on confrontation with the Italian state.

Though members of Italian organized crime are loosely referred to as mafiosi, a member of any 'ndrangheta clan is more specifically known as an 'ndrinu, and the clan itself an 'ndrina. In addition to having the advantage of blood ties, 'ndranghetistas blend well into their surroundings as they maintain humble outward appearances by not flaunting their wealth.

Power Sturcture
Unlike most other mafia organisations, which have a pyramidal system of bosses, 'Ndrangheta groups are based on blood families (called 'Ndrine). There are anywhere from 50 to 200 of these families, totalling about 6,000 members.

Economy
According to Italian DIA (Direzione Investigativa Antimafia) and Guardia di Finanza (Italian Financial Police and Customs Police) 'Ndrangheta is now one of the most powerful criminal organizations in the world'. Economic activities of 'Ndrangheta include international cocaine and weapons smuggling, with Italian investigators estimating that 80% of Europe's cocaine passing through the Calabrian port of Gioia Tauro [2]. Further activities include money laundering and traditional crimes such as usury and extortion. 'Ndrangheta invests illegal profits in legal real estate and financial activities. Italian authorities estimate a total 2002 turnover of €16 billion. Outside Italy 'Ndrangheta operates in different countries like Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Canada, United States, Colombia, Argentina and Australia.

Origins
In the folk culture sourrounding 'Ndrangheta in Calabria references to the Garduna often appear. Aside from these references, however, there is nothing to substantiate a link between the two organisations. A connection is possible, though if only through contact to the Camorra whose possible origins in the Garduna carry more substance. At any rate, the view of the 'Ndrangheta as an heir to the Garduna (which is in turn blown up to a kind of global pirate organisation) has certainly existed at times in Calabrian history.

During the 17th century there was a secret society in Calabria that resembled but was not called 'Ndrangheta. Whether this was the seeds of 'Ndrangheta is speculation, however.

First certain evidence of 'Ndrangheta derives from shortly after Italian unification (1861). Thus it is common to give its date of origin as being around this point. Italian unity was not immediately a positive development for southern Italy: The local populace was impoverished while squires from the north took over large southern estates and heavy taxation was imposed. In this situation 'Ndrangheta was either formed or heavily reinforced (if it already existed) by Calabrians who wanted to get even by blackmailing and robbing the rich.

The Garduna Connection
Some authoritative sources claim that the Garduna was a precursor to the Neapolitan Camorra, a crime syndicate active to this day in southern Italy, and was transplanted when Spain controlled Naples and much of its criminal element was transported (or deported) there.

A Calabrian folk song suggests a much larger legacy. It tells the story of three Garduna "brothers" who are shipwrecked on Sardinia. One makes his way to Naples and founds the Camorra. One makes his way to Calabria and founds the 'Ndrangheta. The third makes his way to Sicily and founds the Mafia. Additionally, the circumstances surrounding the original shipwreck seem to suggest their main occupations as pirates, and alludes to a connection with pirates throughout the Spanish Empire, including the Americas.

Jakk
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jakk » January 7th, 2007, 2:39 pm

dutch wrote:
Jakk wrote:yea I think the Camorra are on the decline at the moment after there war with the Albainian (& other Bulken) groups they lost alot of respect on the streets and turf and Solders and there pressed by them in the Prostitution Business and Coke Trade.

Where did the Camorra lost turf,i think your talking out of ya butthole.
In there USA turf and in some of there places in Neples and of other cities though north just look for The Camorra and Albanian Mafia Battles or something like that it was in a artical of news I found on a google search that happen about 2yrs ago just look for a wile if you can find anything come back to me on it ok don't judge staight away trust me there is something on it tho

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » January 7th, 2007, 3:01 pm

USA can be true and Albanian mafia is only in the North of Italy.Not in Naples,i can be wrong.Further i don't have to search for proof that you are claiming.You come up with the proof,WTF is the world coming to!!!

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » January 7th, 2007, 3:30 pm

Looks like i opend my mouth to soon.They did push back the mafia in America over a turfwar.Here is a link. :oops: :oops: But later the mafia did regain control,only because allot of Albenian gangsters got arrested in a big case.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/_ ... 3249c.html

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » January 7th, 2007, 3:34 pm

Sorry it's:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime file/story/260731p-223249c.html

Jakk
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jakk » January 7th, 2007, 4:12 pm

yea and it looks like I was wrong about the Italian bit they are in the northern areas of Italy staying clear of the Italian Mafia Groups for the time being but will probably get in there eventually the way things are looking for them and there tendencies to use violets and high powered guns heres a link to whats going down over there and what have probably gone on and the close human trafficing work with Sacra corona unita

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/ ... _n14291073

The Rudaj Organization is the name given to the Albanian mafia in New York City, after the Lucchese Family where weakened they moved in on there illegue Gambling dems and then held off the Gambino Family till alot of them where arrested and had to stay out of the line of fire of the FBI & NYPD ect

Jakk
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jakk » January 7th, 2007, 5:14 pm

Stidda gangs exist in the Agrigento province of Sicily and in Milano, Genova and Torino north Italy so this would make them the only Mafia Group to probably get involved in the Albanian Mafia Clans ever with business or war not sure as they are diffrent to the older Sicilian Maifa and the other 3 mafia groups

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » January 8th, 2007, 8:16 am

I heard the Albanian mob is working close with 'Ndrangheta.'Ndrangheta deliveres cocaïne to the Albanian mob in the North and the Albanian mob deliveres heroïne to the 'Ndrangheta to the South.

Odog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Odog » January 8th, 2007, 8:27 am

Jakk wrote:Stidda gangs exist in the Agrigento province of Sicily and in Milano, Genova and Torino north Italy so this would make them the only Mafia Group to probably get involved in the Albanian Mafia Clans ever with business or war not sure as they are diffrent to the older Sicilian Maifa and the other 3 mafia groups
There are six mafia organisations in the South.
Cosa Nostra-Sicily
Stidda-South-Sicily
'Ndrangheta-Calabrië
Camorra-Napels
Sacra Corona Unita-Puglia
La Banda della Magliana-Rome

Camorra is also involved with the Albanians smuggling cigarettes.At least back in the day.

casalem
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by casalem » January 8th, 2007, 12:56 pm

La Banda della Magliana wasn't mob.It was a street gang who committed several violent crimes across 70s n 80s.It doesn't exist no longer.

Odog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Odog » January 10th, 2007, 10:35 am

There is a Northern mafia organisation,consisting only of North-Italian people.The most famous is La Malavita del Brenta also known as the Mafia del Brenta,La Mala del Brenta,La Mala del Piovese,La Mafia del Piovese.There boss was known as Felice "Angel Face" Maniero.It is widely accepted by Italian law enforcement that the Mala del Brenta has strong business ties with the Corleonese clan of the Sicilian Cosa Nostra but also with 'Ndrangheta,Camorra and various Stidda members on occassion.They are considered now to be the fifth largest of the mafia-organisations in Italy.More recently members of the succeeding organisation,Nuova Mafia del Brenta,were responsible for a foiled attempt at killing the former boss of the Mala del Brenta,Felice "Angel Face" Maniero who had turned informant in the late 90's.Here are some links that cover Italian mafia in the North and about South Italian mafia in the North.
http://www.americanmafia.com/Feature/

Odog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Odog » January 10th, 2007, 10:50 am

Sorry that went wrong her the links.

http://www.americanmafia.com/Feature_Articles_333.html
Here a articles about a Northern wiseguy Pasquale Locatelli.
http://www.americanmafia.com/Feature_Articles_207.html
Here police report about born and raised North-Italian wiseguy Locatelli.
Locatelli Organisation,International Narcotics Control Strategy Report 1994
http://dosfan.lib.uic.edu/ERC/law/INC/1995/02.html
and about his arrest in 2006.
http://narcotraficinfo.canalblog.com/ar ... index.html

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » December 28th, 2007, 9:07 pm

Italy's largest criminal organizations--the Sicilian Mafia, Calabrian 'Ndrangheta, Neapolitan Camorra, and Puglian Sacra Corona Unita--were born and bred in rugged rural areas, where they engaged in local criminal rackets and were generally esteemed as protectors of local peasant interests. The defeat of Italian fascism in World War II allowed these groups to extend their influence into urban areas, which provided greater openings to the outside world. Many of Italy's banking, commercial, and port facilities fell under the influence or control of organized crime. In the last half century, Italian organized crime groups have become self-sustaining, multifaceted criminal organizations with considerable clout in Italy's political and economic systems. They have proven to be resilient and opportunistic, often emerging stronger from periodic government attempts to crack down on organized crime and taking advantage of new criminal opportunities.

Italian criminal organizations share the characteristic of incorporating close-knit crime families or clans. According to the FBI, the four major Italian organized crime groups comprise 540 crime families and more than 21,000 members. The Sicilian Mafia is the oldest, most powerful, and most hierarchical of Italy's crime groups.

Italian organized crime groups have moved well beyond their home regions in southern Italy and are now firmly entrenched throughout Europe, in Central and South America, the Caribbean, Canada, and the United States. Expatriate Italian communities and established international criminal connections in these regions have given Italian organized crime groups the infrastructure and capability to move highly profitable contraband products--including drugs, arms, and cigarettes--and launder illicit proceeds on a global basis. They maintain legitimate business holdings worldwide that are often used as a cover for their criminal operations. Italian crime groups' longtime investments in real estate and entertainment enterprises--particularly gambling casinos--in Germany, France, Monaco, Spain's Costa del Sol, and the Caribbean are conduits for money laundering. Since the early 1990s, Italian criminal organizations have been reported buying properties and businesses in Eastern and Central Europe and many of the NIS of the former Soviet Union to launder money. According to media accounts, Sicilian Mafia front companies have been identified in virtually every East European country and in Russia.

Although Italian criminal organizations continue to operate largely independently in their traditional contraband smuggling and extortion rackets, their extensive involvement in international drug trafficking, arms smuggling, and money laundering has caused them to develop cooperative longterm relationships with each other and with foreign criminal groups. The Sicilian Mafia, 'Ndrangheta, Camorra, and Sacra Corona Unita have shared well-established international smuggling routes and sometimes helped finance each other's trafficking operations, according to US law enforcement. Collaboration with criminal groups from Turkey, Asia, Russia, the Balkans, and Latin America has assured Italian organized crime reliable sources of supply for drugs and arms. Italian criminal syndicates have worked with Albanian crime groups in trafficking women and children from the Balkans and Nigeria and illegal migrants to Italy. They have also played a prominent role in money laundering for Colombian traffickers and other foreign criminal organizations.

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » March 20th, 2008, 8:01 pm

dutch wrote:I heard the Albanian mob is working close with 'Ndrangheta.'Ndrangheta deliveres cocaïne to the Albanian mob in the North and the Albanian mob deliveres heroïne to the 'Ndrangheta to the South.

Yeah I read somewhere about that too, loool the Italians have so much fucking cocaine and the Albanians have so much Heroin they dont know what to do with it. I heard the Albanian mob has been trading Heroin for guns too recently. Although I dont know why they would do that, m-16's go for $40 in Albania.

btw: many italian organisations work with Albanians whether its for prostitution, drugs, or smuggling humans, I read about the Camorra, Ndrangheta and the Sacra Corona working with them, I dont know about the rest. I think the Sicilian mob also does too.