Bmore:jamaican man killed during robbery

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Bmore:jamaican man killed during robbery

Unread post by Qdawg » January 30th, 2007, 2:12 am

Shooting investigated as family mourns
By Gus G. Sentementes
Sun reporter
Originally published January 30, 2007

Kevin Fowlin had finished his shift at a Caribbean bakery in Northwest Baltimore and decided to walk to a nearby check-cashing outlet to cash his paycheck.

He planned to visit his niece, who lived nearby, relatives said, but he never made it to her house.

Fowlin was approached by two men who made him put his hands in the air, and then shot him before rifling through his pockets, police and relatives said. He died later that night at Sinai Hospital.

"Right now, I cannot concentrate because of the situation," said the victim's father, Ralston Fowlin, in a telephone interview yesterday. "It is really bad to know that someone is working so hard - that he can't even go out and cash his check. That someone will kill him for that."

Police said they are investigating the shooting, which occurred Saturday about 8:30 p.m. in the 3900 block of W. Rogers Ave. as a homicide that resulted from an apparent robbery. Detectives are not yet sure how Fowlin became a target, a police spokesman said. The men who killed him were seen driving away in a light-colored vehicle.

Claudia Fowlin, a sister-in-law of the victim, said yesterday that Kevin Fowlin had emigrated from Jamaica six years ago. He attended community college for a year and worked as a technician at a vision store for several years.

Fowlin lived in Connecticut for about two years before returning to Baltimore. He had recently lived in Glen Burnie, Claudia Fowlin said.

In November, he took a job as a clerk at Montego Bay Bakery, a small grocery and bakery in the 3600 block of W. Rogers Ave. He was saving money to go to bartending school, she said.

"He was not a street person," Claudia Fowlin said.

Dawn Schreiner, a supervisor at Montego Bay, said that Fowlin was able to work both sides of the business, handling tasks in the bakery and the grocery.

"Kevin was very upbeat and energetic," Schreiner said. "He kept everyone smiling. He was just a good soul. We here will miss him."

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 30th, 2007, 5:00 pm

dats wierd why wud they shoot him if he was cooperatin... do niggaz in balitmore jst look to catch bodies or wat

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » January 30th, 2007, 5:19 pm

[quote="Mcminister"]dats wierd why wud they shoot him if he was cooperatin... do niggaz in balitmore jst look to catch bodies or wat[/quote]

you never know maybe he said something slick to them while he was getting robbed,still wasnt no reason to kill him though...from my time living in b-more i have realized the value of life here is that of a pack of duracell batterys..niggahs will body you if you stare at them to long

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 30th, 2007, 5:22 pm

dats some dumb shit nigga
but i think somethin like over 2 dollars is different then shooting someone u robbing....

people fightin over a penny can lead into a shooting u kno coz they already argue'in niggaz get heated

but u robbin someone he gives u wat u need , why shoot him n kill him

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » January 30th, 2007, 5:24 pm

i feel you..guess it comes with the territory -"city of harm"

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 30th, 2007, 9:24 pm

proly that.....every hood in MD/DC niggaz don wana c outsiders
i was walkin around silverspring lost in a nice clean area it was lowbudget tho but it was still good ....niggaz came up to me like wtf u doin aruon here..im like :shock: wtf this nigga !!! i shud snuff him..but naah i got love fo brotha's told him the deal n he actualy gave me a ride to my homies house
but foo was bout to start trippin if i didnt kno no body round there

maryland000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by maryland000 » February 1st, 2007, 3:17 am

"from my time living in b-more i have realized the value of life here is that of a pack of duracell batterys..niggahs will body you if you stare at them to long"

the truth^ little niggas 15-16 plannin they funerals already

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » February 1st, 2007, 10:17 pm

over a stare i understand

but why wud u rob someone ..he cooperates and u shoot him....dats not even the first time i heard of shit like this happenin