Lord Infamous (born Ricky Dunigan), also referenced in tracks as "The Scarecrow", "Keyser Soze" or "Tricky Ricky" is a member of Memphis rap group Three 6 Mafia and rap collective Hypnotize Minds. Infamous was originally from South Memphis, Memphis. He is the biological half-brother of DJ Paul, whose legal name is Paul Beauregard. His lyrics in the early days of Three 6 Mafia were filled with references to murder and satanism, as well as drug abuse, which is his most commonly broached topic in recent years.
Lord Infamous was missing from the recently released Most Known Unknown in 2005, with comments on his disappearance varying from incarceration to vacation. One of the leaders of Three 6 Mafia, DJ Paul, implied that he was locked up on the Most Known Unknown, but made positive references to him (on Track 10: Half on a Sack). He never left the group, but was only incarcerated for a period. DJ Paul, Lord Infamous's brother, said in a recent interview that Lord Infamous has some personal issues he's taking care of, emphasizing that he's still a part of Three 6 Mafia and wasn't kicked out or left.
In a recent interview of Lil Wyte by HypnotizedCamp.net, Lil Wyte says that "Lord is Lord ... he will be back on when he wants to be back on." This further confirms that Lord Infamous chooses not to record music right now. However, he will start making public appearances with his Three 6 Mafia group mates, DJ Paul and Juicy J, when they begin promoting the next Tear the Club Up Thugs album scheduled to be released in the middle of 2007.
Recently, artist II Tone has said that he and Lord Infamous have started a label called Black Rain Entertainment, but he is still with Three 6 Mafia. His solo album is coming out in 2007.
In a recent interview by http://www.wordofsouth.com
, DJ Paul says that Lord Infamous will not be on the new album "the Last 2 Walk."
HypnotizedCamp.netExclusive: HCN Making History, Lord Infamous' first Interview!
1. Okay, you and II Tone started the label "Black Rain Entertainment", are you a featured artist on this label?
Lord Infamous:: Ill be the first artist to introduce the world to my new vision of southern gangsta dark crunk...
2. What style of rap are you bringing to Black Rain? Is it gonna be that dark, crunk type style that your hardcore fans know you by?
Lord: The name of the label speaks for itself.all i feel is black and all i see is rain...
3. Does Black Rain have an in-house producer or will you seek outside production from someone?
Lord: yes we have in house producers right now hes my secret weapon you will find out the names when you get the album.and yes i will be workin with well known producers in the southern hip hop world
4. Can we expect a Lord Infamous album (solo or collabo) dropping in 2007?
Lord: hopefully both if i have time
5. We hear you sometimes say in your songs that you read Stephen King novels...lol. Where else do you get ideas from?
Lord: my dreams,night and day dreams and i try to visualize my lyrics before i write them.thats just my thoughts on paper..
6. Which Memphis artists do you plan to collaborate with on Black Rain? Are any current or former Prophet/Hypnotize Minds artists on that list?
Lord: just II Tone at the moment but we have some prospects in mind..
7. Do you have any working titles for an album? What songs are you working on as we speak right now?
Lord: right im thinkin about callin it "The man the myth the legacy" but the songs titles are secert ill be giving away the ideas if i tell u the titles of the songs..
8. We just wanna tell you that your real true fans at HypnotizedCamp.net will keep supporting you and that we hope you get back on the scene real soon.! Much success to you and II Tone and Black Rain Ent.
Lord: Thank you please keep supporting me much love to all u and your support for my music keep listening i have some surprises for you...