Freedom Writers(Trailer)

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
NikexCortez

Freedom Writers(Trailer)

Unread post by NikexCortez » November 17th, 2006, 11:13 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lejN7Ulh10s
You guys should check out this movie. It's about racial tensions in Long Beach between Cambodians, Mexicans, and Blacks. I hear the book is great also.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » March 4th, 2007, 8:27 am

I skimmed through the book, it wasn't all that. The movie didnt use all the stories from the book. I suggest you see the movie though. What's funny about the movie though is that the actors they used to play the Cambodians weren't even Cambodians. Cambodians are darker skinned asians. The begining was unexpected though but it was pretty funny to.

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by niro » March 6th, 2007, 4:39 am

yea im gon check this film out but its bs in way that everyone hates each other in beginin then they all get along and happy ending.

so them light skinned asians were supposed to be cambodian? they didnt look cambodian at all lol

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » March 13th, 2007, 9:50 am

Actually it wasn't bs. That teacher really did get everybody in her class to get along. Now that school is the safest school in Long beach. Too bad her teachings didn't spread to the rest of the LBC.

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by niro » March 14th, 2007, 9:29 am

this based on a true story?

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » March 14th, 2007, 5:13 pm

yup

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by niro » March 16th, 2007, 1:11 pm

damnn one hell of a story then

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by niro » April 2nd, 2007, 3:57 am

jus saw that film, pretty dope

Never knew there ever teachers like that

YearZero
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YearZero » June 26th, 2007, 5:31 am

Gay ass movie.They used Viets to play the Cambodian role.Ya seen the part where Asian dude got smoked in the store?On the side of that store...you see some Cambodian letters...Ain't no Cambo Store in LB have arcades...and why would some ese's shop at a Cambo store anyways.

I went to Wilson H.S in 95-96 and the place wasn't even all that bad.I remember this one teacher there...she use to be my teacher in middle school...her favorite students were Mexican...a few of them got smoked by Asians...so she had some animosity towards Asians.One of her favorite student was a girl that went by the aka "Happy" that got smoked by some Asians.

Homies told me Wilson use to be dangerous...but I guess shit died down during my year.

LVN
What city do you live in now?: La Puente

Re: Freedom Writers(Trailer)

Unread post by LVN » October 17th, 2008, 2:58 am

One of those asian extras was from BD, he got smoked by WC sometime last year I think.