(coast 2 coast) Converse Chuck Taylor T'z

From tagging to piecing to gang graffiti to clothing styles to the art of tattoos.
Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

(coast 2 coast) Converse Chuck Taylor T'z

Unread post by Qdawg » January 22nd, 2007, 5:32 pm

Chuck Taylor All-Stars

Chuck Taylor All-Stars are canvas and rubber shoes produced by Converse. They were first produced in 1923 as the "All-Star", Converse's attempt to capture the basketball shoe market. They were not particularly popular until basketball player Chuck Taylor adopted them as his preferred shoe. He was so impressed with the design that he became the shoe's leading salesman. After proposing a few changes to the shoe, the shoe got its current name and Chuck Taylor's signature on its ankle patch.

Consumers demanded more color and variety from the shoe, as well as more colors in order to match basketball teams, so colored and patterned shoelaces became popular to complement the two colors, black and white, available before 1966. Afterwards, more colors became available as did styles. A low-top or "Oxford" and high-top versions, and later knee-high versions were produced. More materials were offered for the construction, including leather, suede, vinyl, denim, and hemp. Some versions of the shoe were offered that were without laces, and held up by elastic. These new versions of the shoe were also co-designed by Chuck Taylor, shortly before his death in 1969.

After Converse was bought by Nike and operations were moved from the United States to overseas, the design has had a few alterations. The fabric is no longer 2-ply cotton canvas but 1-ply "textile" and many wearers have noticed different patterns of wear.

Wearers of All-Stars admire the individuality of the distinctive colors, design, and sole of the shoe. They are available in several core colors, seasonal colors, and a variety of print styles. Fans of punk rock have adopted the shoe as a fashion trend since the late-1970s and many popular punk rock bands, e.g. the Ramones, have supported the trend by wearing the sneakers. All-Stars became popular again in the 90's grunge and hip hop cultures, especially in the early nineties days of G-funk and gangsta rap. There has been a recent re-adoption of them in modern hip hop culture.

Core colors:
All-Black (Black Monochrome)
Black & White
Optical White
Natural White
Kelly Green
Royal Blue
Navy Blue
Maroon
Scarlet
Pink (different shades depends on material)
Gizmo Green
Thunder Grey
Red
Brown
Wheat
Lime

Despite the major setbacks for Converse in recent times, the Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star is the most successful shoe in history, and has enjoyed recent popularity thanks to a resurgence of old skool trends. By the turn of the 21st century, over 750 million pairs have been sold worldwide. They no longer seem to be worn by their original target market of basketballers (at least not in the professional sphere), but instead they are now marketed to the mainstream teenager. Some are so enthusiastic about the sneakers that they have a vast, ever-growing collection. They are also quite influential in pop-culture; Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars have been popular for decades in the American punk and indie rock scenes, and Hollywood has popularized Chucks in countless motion pictures.

Since the turn of the century, especially the last 2 years, Converse have become increasingly popular, with a growing market. Originally seen as being worn by those in to a rock music scene, the market is growing to various, younger scenes, whether it be based on a sub-culture (rock still being popular, especially with the growing emo scene) the Chuck Taylors are becoming more popular with hip hop scenes and pop music scene or even just fashion. Many Chuck Taylor owners are those who have owned the shoes in the past, and most own more than one pair, as recently many more colors are now produced than before.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » January 22nd, 2007, 5:34 pm

i mainly stick to the green pair but i must say these joints is kinda comfy & when you on a out the door fast & need something quick to throw on these get the job done.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 24th, 2007, 5:16 pm

aint nothin better than a pair a chuckz, and niggas in hip hop been wearin chuckz (wether the Nyorkers on that early hip hop shit, or these niggas bangin out here with the blue and red fat laces)...that article is off.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 13th, 2007, 3:31 pm

[quote="perongregory"]aint nothin better than a pair a chuckz, and niggas in hip hop been wearin chuckz (wether the Nyorkers on that early hip hop shit, or these niggas bangin out here with the blue and red fat laces)...that article is off.[/quote]

true

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 13th, 2007, 3:34 pm

i remember chucks being a good 20 & change ...they raised the price to almost 50 dollars

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 14th, 2007, 1:56 pm

Qdawg wrote:i remember chucks being a good 20 & change ...they raised the price to almost 50 dollars
hell yeah, that shit cost a grip now (well dependin where you get em and what design you get) but they are like the top sellin sneaks. Everybody wear chucks.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » March 20th, 2007, 8:39 pm

perongregory wrote:
Qdawg wrote:i remember chucks being a good 20 & change ...they raised the price to almost 50 dollars
hell yeah, that shit cost a grip now (well dependin where you get em and what design you get) but they are like the top sellin sneaks. Everybody wear chucks.
I got my first pair of Chucks since forever bout a month ago, but aint sportin' 'em til the weather breaks. Converse All Stars, sickest sneakers ever.

Dudes is right about that price, them joints doubled in cost. Cool though, still half the price of all these other kicks out here.

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » March 21st, 2007, 7:54 am

The only thing negative id say about chucks is they aint shit when you playin hoop.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » March 21st, 2007, 9:41 am

WIP wrote:The only thing negative id say about chucks is they aint shit when you playin hoop.
That's true, they provide no upper support and whether it's blacktop or hardwood, your shins and ankle will pay the price.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » March 21st, 2007, 10:27 am

Love 'em. Wearing some right now, old school black & white. Not good in the winter though, then ots Tims, but I'm just back in mine now. Too expensive though for a bit of (classic) canvas

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 21st, 2007, 12:32 pm

the homeboy manifest hit it right on the head@save em for better weather...but believe it or not technology stepped up so much that they have waterproof spray that will keep them from getting soaked now....sell them in foot locker for about 6 dollars....but why go threw the hassel when you can just wait for good weather

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » March 23rd, 2007, 9:42 am

Qdawg wrote:the homeboy manifest hit it right on the head@save em for better weather...but believe it or not technology stepped up so much that they have waterproof spray that will keep them from getting soaked now....sell them in foot locker for about 6 dollars....but why go threw the hassel when you can just wait for good weather
That's a good idea, proof dem joints just like we do the Timbs.

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

Unread post by BG MLOCO » March 29th, 2007, 10:13 am

I ROCCS THE NAVY, BLACK, AND CHARCOAL GRAY YEA THOSE MY JOINTS RIGHT THERE.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » March 29th, 2007, 12:24 pm

Fam, I aint peeped the charcoal gray flavor before, sound dead right though. I got some black joints, bout to flex some white ones.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 29th, 2007, 8:57 pm

manifest you can never go wrong with the black ones...i just copped some black & whites....simple stuff to throw on & chill outside

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » March 30th, 2007, 10:22 am

Qdawg wrote:manifest you can never go wrong with the black ones...i just copped some black & whites....simple stuff to throw on & chill outside
No doubt! Joints got me feelin' all ole school and whatnot. Think Imma
listen to some P-Funk, Rick James or Lakeside my dude.

zip3ace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zip3ace » April 5th, 2007, 7:31 pm

I GOT A PAIR OF RED JOINTS...

Blues
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Blues » May 6th, 2007, 8:34 pm

*Grins*

Are you serious dawg?! I hope you ain't talking about the

cloth ones because If you are,your getting ganked!

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » May 26th, 2007, 3:27 pm

[quote="Blues"][quote="Qdawg"]i remember chucks being a good 20 & change ...they raised the price to almost 50 dollars[/quote]

*Grins*

Are you serious dawg?! I hope you ain't talking about the

cloth ones because If you are,your getting ganked![/quote]

lol @ganked...but yeah im talking about the original chucks not that 21st century denim material shxt...i went up in foot locker & happened to cough up 33 dollars for a pair & thats the strength for a discount..them joints is running around 45 dollars(not including tax ) nowadays..alotta heads is wearing em