What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
BornInvincible
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BornInvincible » March 1st, 2007, 3:28 am

man this movie looks awesome. anyone know when it airs?

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0416449/trai ... 30698-10-2

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: 300

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » March 1st, 2007, 9:47 am

BornInvincible wrote:man this movie looks awesome. anyone know when it airs?

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0416449/trai ... 30698-10-2
Check the release date on imdb. It's in March. The graphic novel is awesome and this movie is almost scene for scene identical. I love Frank Millers work and I expect this movie to be awesome.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » March 3rd, 2007, 7:30 am

yea this movie sounds great im gonna check it out

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 4th, 2007, 6:48 pm

I'mma have to see this one "IMAX" it's gonna be sick

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » March 10th, 2007, 8:01 am

i saw 300 last night it was aight not as good as i thought it was gonna be to much over acting i think the battles could have been more realistic i would give it a 6 and a half out of 10

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » March 10th, 2007, 9:24 am

KINGFEAR62 wrote:i saw 300 last night it was aight not as good as i thought it was gonna be to much over acting i think the battles could have been more realistic i would give it a 6 and a half out of 10
Have you read the graphic novel for it?

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » March 10th, 2007, 7:33 pm

no but after seeing the movie i dont wanna read the book

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » March 10th, 2007, 9:25 pm

KINGFEAR62 wrote:no but after seeing the movie i dont wanna read the book
Just wondering because the movie is almost scene for scene identical and the graphic novel is amazing, if you're into Frank Miller's work.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » March 10th, 2007, 9:48 pm

to me the battles didnt seem real like in troy or gladiator and way to much over acting and i hated the ending

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 11th, 2007, 9:51 am

I don't know what you guys are talking about that was the titest action movie EVER

It doesn't have to be realistic, it's a movie (even though it was loosely based on the Battle of Thermopylae)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » March 11th, 2007, 9:51 am

KINGFEAR62 wrote:to me the battles didnt seem real like in troy or gladiator and way to much over acting and i hated the ending
That's just Frank Miller though, this movie is geared more towards his fans. This wasn't historical accurate and it was meant to be over the top, and Frank Miller's other stories rarely have that feel good happy ending which is kind of the point. Me on the other hand, I can't wait to see this movie.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 11th, 2007, 3:16 pm

It's prob. like the graphic novel so I'll fuck with it. But if I was judging it purely from a film viewer vantage point it would prob. look like a dumb ass movie.

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Oak Cliff

Unread post by Aquafresh » March 12th, 2007, 8:33 pm

I didn't even read the novel & I went to go see the movie. I thought it was hard. I got several favorite parts:

1. Girl lookin' ass Persian king asks the Spartan king to kneel & homie's like, "Naw; all this fightin' got a Nicca thighs hurtin' so I ain't gon' be able to do it....." :lol:

2. The other Greek nation volunteers to help Sparta & they like "damn, all you got is 300 Nicca's" & the Spartan king responds by asking them their occupations. Nicca's is like "carpenter, fisherman, blacksmith..." Then the Spartan King asks his 300 what their occupation is & they ALL yell their "soilder call." Spartan King is like, "See, even with' 300 Nicca's I still brought more soilders than yo' ass did!" :lol:

Of course, I put that shit in my own words...... :lol:

Come on now; 300 against 1MILL+ & Nicca's still didn't back down & DAMN NEAR WON. Shits gangsta, homie :wink:

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » March 12th, 2007, 9:40 pm

I didn't even read the novel & I went to go see the movie. I thought it was hard. I got several favorite parts:

1. Girl lookin' ass Persian king asks the Spartan king to kneel & homie's like, "Naw; all this fightin' got a Nicca thighs hurtin' so I ain't gon' be able to do it....." Laughing

2. The other Greek nation volunteers to help Sparta & they like "damn, all you got is 300 Nicca's" & the Spartan king responds by asking them their occupations. Nicca's is like "carpenter, fisherman, blacksmith..." Then the Spartan King asks his 300 what their occupation is & they ALL yell their "soilder call." Spartan King is like, "See, even with' 300 Nicca's I still brought more soilders than yo' ass did!" Laughing

Of course, I put that shit in my own words...... Laughing

Come on now; 300 against 1MILL+ & Nicca's still didn't back down & DAMN NEAR WON. Shits gangsta, homie Wink
AS MANY TIMES AS U SAID NIGGA I REALLY DOUBT that U Black SO U NEED TO CALM that DOWN HOMIE..

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » March 12th, 2007, 9:41 pm

AS MANY TIMES AS U SAID NIGGA I REALLY DOUBT that U Black SO U NEED TO CALM that DOWN HOMIE..

NEVAMIND

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » March 12th, 2007, 9:43 pm

U GOT that NYOIL SO I KNOW U with the BIDNESS

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » March 13th, 2007, 4:44 am

-the spartens trained there people in war since when they were kids, they lived and brethed war, and its even cooler cause this was a real battle... t what isnt cooler is there habits...
-sparta wasnt really a powerhouse until after a disease wiped out 1/3 of the athens population during the perciles era..

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 13th, 2007, 5:22 am

sparta knew how to fight, but they were still the biggest, sickest fags out of all greeks...makin young boys take on older male mentors/lovers. Plus in hte peloponessian war they sold Athens out, sided with the Persians and burned Athens to the ground. Did they own people wrong and sided with the enemy cuz they waz some jealous bitches.

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » March 13th, 2007, 5:26 am

johnnnny wrote: what isnt cooler is there habits...
^--- i didnt want to be the first one to say what you said lol, but yea they were HOMOS

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » March 13th, 2007, 5:27 am

two choices, 1.fight and die or 2. cock in the ass

i choose 1

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 13th, 2007, 5:50 am

the greeks sucked each other off before a battle, and fucked each other in the ass after a battle. so it's both options for them.

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » March 13th, 2007, 6:40 am

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Aquafresh » March 13th, 2007, 3:26 pm

Shox112 wrote:U GOT that NYOIL SO I KNOW U with the BIDNESS
Yeah; I knew sooner or later you would check the "myspace" & find out for yo'self.... I see you trying to check a Nicca, though; it's all hood. :wink:

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 13th, 2007, 8:26 pm

perongregory wrote:sparta knew how to fight, but they were still the biggest, sickest fags out of all greeks...makin young boys take on older male mentors/lovers.
Athenians were "boy lovers." lol in the movie the King said something like "If those BOYLOVERS and philosophers didn't surrender, why would we?

Sparta had a lot of bisexual women and they let their wives have children with other men.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » March 13th, 2007, 11:39 pm

Something tells me that the audience is gonna be filled with guys that look like this

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 14th, 2007, 7:58 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:
perongregory wrote:sparta knew how to fight, but they were still the biggest, sickest fags out of all greeks...makin young boys take on older male mentors/lovers.
Athenians were "boy lovers." lol in the movie the King said something like "If those BOYLOVERS and philosophers didn't surrender, why would we?

Sparta had a lot of bisexual women and they let their wives have children with other men.
they were all boylovers... but sparta was amongst some of the worse offenders.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 14th, 2007, 8:09 am

the spartans fucked men for so long that when they got married, and they were gonna have sex with their new wives, the wives cut their hair, dressed in armor, and took on the form of a boy, so the men could more easliy make the transition to a heterosexual relationship.

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Aquafresh » March 14th, 2007, 3:27 pm

johnnnny wrote:Image

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 14th, 2007, 6:39 pm

Okay this is getting a little too "real" for me... lol I must agree:
but I know Greg wants to clear up misconceptions of the white West being "civilized."

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » March 14th, 2007, 6:49 pm

johnnnny wrote:Image

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » March 14th, 2007, 11:13 pm

perongregory wrote:the spartans #%@& men for so long that when they got married, and they were gonna have sex with their new wives, the wives cut their hair, dressed in armor, and took on the form of a boy, so the men could more easliy make the transition to a heterosexual relationship.
WTF?? :shock:

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » March 15th, 2007, 1:57 pm

Not only were they Bi-sexual, but they influenced Adolf Hitler in a way by creating one of the first Eugenic expirements. If a Baby had a defect, or didn't live up to Spartan standards, they were left in the wilderness to die. The only babies who were excluded from this were the King's children.It's interesting that in a society that hates Homosexuals, and Hitler they'd make a movie about them, yet there's all these damn WW2 video Games. :?