DC & Bmore city beef rumors

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

DC & Bmore city beef rumors

Unread post by Qdawg » March 14th, 2007, 12:33 pm

now i notice alotta young kids from off the internet been feeding into this,& some young kids is tryna spark this city beef(some dc kids calling bmore kids bammas, some bmore kids calling dc heads whores)..i dont know where this came from(maybe the go-go,club music scene) but with the older heads from both cities they link up quiet as kept ...i said alotta poor dc heads was being forced into maryland areas...& the same is for bmore heads being forced to "normally known suburbs"(anne arundel county etc) meaning these dudes is around each other ....theres no major beef though just some young kids with alil to much time on they hands,dc heads will hit up b-more,b-more heads will hit up d.c

lboogie
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: DC & Bmore city beef rumors

Unread post by lboogie » March 15th, 2007, 8:15 am

Qdawg wrote:now i notice alotta young kids from off the internet been feeding into this,& some young kids is tryna spark this city beef(some dc kids calling bmore kids bammas, some bmore kids calling dc heads whores)..i dont know where this came from(maybe the go-go,club music scene) but with the older heads from both cities they link up quiet as kept ...i said alotta poor dc heads was being forced into maryland areas...& the same is for bmore heads being forced to "normally known suburbs"(anne arundel county etc) meaning these dudes is around each other ....theres no major beef though just some young kids with alil to much time on they hands,dc heads will hit up b-more,b-more heads will hit up d.c
:shock: that was some ol 80's early 90's shit and it wasnt even that serious, i cant believe that corny shit is still happenning.

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » March 15th, 2007, 9:43 am

I was in DC back in the early 90's. I remember hearing about that DC/Bmore shit. I have family in Anne Arundel county (Annapolis). That shit was all drug related and revolved around Rayful Edmond crews settin' up shops in Naptown, Bowie. Baltimore and DC crews was bustin' on each other tryin' to set up all over Maryland. Annapolis was ran by DC crews. I remember my cousin telling me this. He used to call niggas from Baltimore dumb, lol!

In my honest opinion, both cities are murder capitals. I would walk around any part of Watts, Compton and LA before I get caught in southeast/Northeast DC and West Baltimore. Them niggas ain't got rules. they give it to anybody lookin' for it or not. At least in LA you ain't got much trouble yo way unless you bangin' them streets.

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » March 15th, 2007, 9:49 am

one other thing......poor people livin' in DC live in the poor areas of southeast northeast and parts of northwest by Howard U. It's easy to move to Maryland if you live in Southeast or Northwest and the rent don't change at all.

Poor Baltimore residents don't move to Anne Arundel county, lol. It's other parts of Baltimore County, but Anne Arundel county is too far. My uncle left Baltimoer and moved to Townson because it's still close to the city.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: DC & Bmore city beef rumors

Unread post by Qdawg » March 15th, 2007, 12:10 pm

[quote="lboogie"][quote="Qdawg"]now i notice alotta young kids from off the internet been feeding into this,& some young kids is tryna spark this city beef(some dc kids calling bmore kids bammas, some bmore kids calling dc heads whores)..i dont know where this came from(maybe the go-go,club music scene) but with the older heads from both cities they link up quiet as kept ...i said alotta poor dc heads was being forced into maryland areas...& the same is for bmore heads being forced to "normally known suburbs"(anne arundel county etc) meaning these dudes is around each other ....theres no major beef though just some young kids with alil to much time on they hands,dc heads will hit up b-more,b-more heads will hit up d.c[/quote]

:shock: that was some ol 80's early 90's shit and it wasnt even that serious, i cant believe that corny shit is still happenning.[/quote]

hell yeah...some nieve youngsters is tryna keep it alive

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 15th, 2007, 12:13 pm

[quote="epun"]one other thing......poor people livin' in DC live in the poor areas of southeast northeast and parts of northwest by Howard U. It's easy to move to Maryland if you live in Southeast or Northwest and the rent don't change at all.

Poor Baltimore residents don't move to Anne Arundel county, lol. It's other parts of Baltimore County, but Anne Arundel county is too far. My uncle left Baltimoer and moved to Townson because it's still close to the city.[/quote]

im talking out of the baltimore area bmore county always had section 8 in they apartment complexes...go to glen burnie,brooklyn park(anne arundel county) they moving the city heads out to anne arundel county trust me,they murder rate is up its not that rich white stereotype....towson is supposed to be a wealthy area...(remind you if you take york road into towson you right there in northeast baltimore city) aint nothing

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 15th, 2007, 12:16 pm

as far as that northwest d.c area maybe the homeboy l-boogie can speak on that ,i hit up northwest the other day (38th & reservoir to be exact) around georgetown...i see alotta wealthy whites walking they dogs

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 15th, 2007, 12:19 pm

annapolis ,maryland i thought was strictly white because the governor house is out there & they always show "the white side" when i moved to b-more....i found out they have established neighborhood crews out there as well & they handle they biz

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » March 15th, 2007, 1:16 pm

as far as that northwest d.c area maybe the homeboy l-boogie can speak on that ,i hit up northwest the other day (38th & reservoir to be exact) around georgetown...i see alotta wealthy whites walking they dogs
NW is the biggest district in DC, so the further west you go, it's more white, especially around the Wisconsin Ave up to the UDC/Howard Law school area. But don't sleep on NW by Howard U. proper. Take Georgia Ave up to Tacoma Park, shiiiiit!

I lived in SW. I used to bartend at the Phillips Restaurant and El Toritos on Water St. by the Potomac.....They still got that bbq restaurant "hogs on the hill"?

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 15th, 2007, 2:19 pm

word up wisconsin ave/nebraska ave area is real white...i dont know if they have hogs on the hill around potomac

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 15th, 2007, 2:20 pm

when you hitting conneticut avenue from nw into montgomery county you wouldnt even know you in md unless you see the sign....that whole area is flooded with people with paper

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 15th, 2007, 3:38 pm

[quote="epun"][quote]I lived in SW. I used to bartend at the Phillips Restaurant and El Toritos on Water St. by the Potomac....quote]

i see everything aint palm trees & california sunshine@you being coast to coast

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » March 15th, 2007, 10:30 pm

A EPUN YOU TRIPPIN SAYIN U'D WALK AROUND ANY PART OF THE HUB OR WATTS LIKE that. HELL NAW!

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 15th, 2007, 11:07 pm

[quote="youngwun"]A EPUN YOU TRIPPIN SAYIN U'D WALK AROUND ANY PART OF THE HUB OR WATTS LIKE that. HELL NAW![/quote]

he wasnt saying its soft out there ,im sure he meant & knows its dangerous out there but if he had to walk threw dc or watts he'll rather walk threw watts

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 15th, 2007, 11:08 pm

[quote="epun"] In my honest opinion, both cities are murder capitals. I would walk around any part of Watts, Compton and LA before I get caught in southeast/Northeast DC and West Baltimore. Them niggas ain't got rules. they give it to anybody lookin' for it or not. At least in LA you ain't got much trouble yo way unless you bangin' them streets.[/quote]

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 15th, 2007, 11:21 pm

[quote="epun"]That shit was all drug related and revolved around Rayful Edmond crews settin' up shops in Naptown, Bowie. Baltimore and DC crews was bustin' on each other tryin' to set up all over Maryland[/quote]

b-more & d.c is about 25 minutes away from each other ...but this is on the driving tip i dont think it was on the drug beef...you may be right though dog it wasnt like dc drug mobs was coming to bmore to set up shop at the time or bmore drug mobs setting up shop in dc...for the simple fact dc was more cocaine then anything...bmore always messed with heroin...back in the 80s when rayful was out he had dc on lock with the coke game...in bmore in the 80s they had mainly lil melvin running things with the heroin tip...& i also question that drug tip theory because b-more drug mobs got other crews to worry about in they own neighborhood tryna take blocks from them...same goes for d.c drug crews...so for all the crews in both cities to click up & go against 1 another would be silly...if it was drug related maybe it was on the envy tip...its still going on like that to this day

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » March 16th, 2007, 10:07 am

see everything aint palm trees & california sunshine@you being coast to coast
attended college in DC and moved up and down the eastern seaboard due to my career. I lived in 6 cities, but Cali is home, so it's always sunshine, palm trees and wretched, scandoulous-ass niggas on mine 8)

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » March 16th, 2007, 10:23 am

A EPUN YOU TRIPPIN SAYIN U'D WALK AROUND ANY PART OF THE HUB OR WATTS LIKE that. HELL NAW!
LOL, you right!

Don't trip though, you know I know what's up with LA. But you know and I both know you pretty cool if you ain't sett-trippin', whether the hub, dub or LA. But that might just be because I from Cali and know LA well.

Now I ain't in Watts unless I have to be in Watts, same with Compton. But because I know the walk, talk of these type brothas, so I feel relatively safe than I would walkin' through west Bmore or Southeast DC. Man, I lived in DC for 5 years and NEVER felt safe outside of the northwest district.

I met some family of mine last year who lives in Nickerson Gardens. I never knew I had family who stayed there. A relative of mine who I basically grew up with asked me to give him a ride over to NG so I could meet them. I came across some brothas who was obvious they banged and more obvious to them I didn't,lol, but it was like I lived there or something. Niggas said "what up" and everything. I show respect in every hood, so I usually don't expect problems, but......

In DC and Baltimore, it ain't like that. If you ain't local, expect to be robbed or shot or at least mean-mugged. I don't know if it's the weather o what. I mean, LA most definitly showin' the world how to gangbang, but for some reason, there's a different feel in the hood on the east coast. It's like you in some third world country.

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » March 16th, 2007, 10:29 am

if it was drug related maybe it was on the envy tip...its still going on like that to this day
That's all it was, envy. That's all it ever is in the drug game. Niggas always need to come up faster and better than the next, by any means.

As close as the two cities are, the hood cultures are crazy different. In DC, at least back in the day, you had the go-go scene. Niggas in Baltimore hated that shit. Plus DC brothas are cocky and arrogant as all get out. B-more brothas are more humble about they shit, IMO. They reminded me of brothas in Chicago or ATL.

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » March 16th, 2007, 10:47 am

when you hitting conneticut avenue from nw into montgomery county you wouldnt even know you in md unless you see the sign....that whole area is flooded with people with paper
hell yeah, you right on that. That side of NW got that old money. but when you hit Montgomery county on the Georgia Ave. side, which is the tougher part of NW, it looks the same as well. I use to get my haircut at GQ's on Georgia Ave right before the DC/Maryland border.

I use to live off of 8th and H st. in NE right across from Galludet U. A nigga use to go to that fried fish market and load up on some fried clams and catfish/hushpuppies. Shit was off the hizzy. My frat brother was robbed right on the corner of 8th and H for his Chubb Rock CD back in '90. Nigga didn't have no money, so dude told him to give up his CD player, lol. Damn Q, you takin me back......

I never really had problems bruh. I played ball all over the city, but didn't come across as some uppity Howard dude. Hooked niggas up at happy hours at El Torito's. You know them locals don't take to kindly to niggas that go to Howard. I played ball with them dudes at the hoop courts across the street from Cordoza High, etc... Niggas knew I wasn't from DC, but I always showed straight up respect. Plus DC/B-more got the best b-ball players behind NYC. Cali niggas was always gettin' mopped up because they come out hollerin' that B/C shit, especially LA cats, wannabees though, not real bangers.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 16th, 2007, 12:16 pm

[quote="epun"]hell yeah, you right on that. That side of NW got that old money. [/quote]

:lol: sure nuff

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 16th, 2007, 8:48 pm

[quote="epun"]If you ain't local, expect to be robbed or shot or at least mean-mugged[/quote]

^epun your not lying...

Robbery // Two women, one from Colorado and the other from California, were walking in the 100 block of W. Timonium Road about noon Sunday when two men, one armed with a box cutter, robbed them of a digital camera and cash.

Robbery // A man from Fort Worth, Texas, was walking in the 1700 block of Aliceanna St. in SouthEast Baltimore about 1 a.m. Saturday when he was robbed of his wallet and $40 by a man who implied having a handgun.

Armed carjacking // A 57-year-old New York man was standing outside his 2006 Range Rover in the 1800 block of Ashburton St. about 9 p.m. Monday night discussing a minor traffic mishap with another motorist when a gunman robbed him of an undisclosed sum of money, two cell phones and the vehicle, which had New York tags DJR5271.

Carjacking // A 36-year-old motorist from delaware was driving a white 1995 Toyota in the 2200 block of N. Fulton Ave. about 3 a.m. Friday when he stopped two men and asked for directions. The men agreed, if the motorist would give them a ride to the 2800 block of Windsor Ave. There, one displayed what appeared to be a handgun and robbed the driver of $2,000, a watch and a gold ring before both men forced him from the vehicle. One man told the victim, "This is how we do it in Baltimore." The vehicle had tags M950298.

Blues
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Blues » March 17th, 2007, 2:02 am

Yo QDawg,can you explain to me what a "Bamma" is?

I think Raekwon said some dudes Down South(none

specific)were those things.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 17th, 2007, 1:31 pm

thats a dc word,a fancy way of saying clown to say the least

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » March 19th, 2007, 1:08 am

Qdawg wrote:
youngwun wrote:A EPUN YOU TRIPPIN SAYIN U'D WALK AROUND ANY PART OF THE HUB OR WATTS LIKE that. HELL NAW!
he wasnt saying its soft out there ,im sure he meant & knows its dangerous out there but if he had to walk threw dc or watts he'll rather walk threw watts

WELL HE COULDN'T HAVE EVER BEEN TO BOMPTON OR WATTS ESPECIALLY WATTS BECAUSE NIGGAZ IS SUPER GRIMEY OUT THERE.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 19th, 2007, 1:50 am

imma put it like this,he said his opinion everybody has they own opinion,he said he been threw both hoods on both coast...unless another dude been threw both hoods(not tourist sites) then they cant feel him out,which mean niggahs cant debate on his comments

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 19th, 2007, 1:55 am

this is a a thread focusing on the neighbors of baltimore & washington dc beef/comparison etc...not bmore,dc,compton....niggahs in the area have more serious issues to worry about.

L-boogie you was right about that kay-street crew too ,its deep how they put in as much dirt as they did considering the fact they was in a 85% white area

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 19th, 2007, 2:19 am

I been through both. Watts is on par with baltimore pretty much I would say, but epun is right, you would feel a lil safer on the westcoast cuz we know how it is we are westcoast natives, b-more niggaz and they hoods is foreign...really foreign to cali shit trust me.

lboogie
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lboogie » March 19th, 2007, 7:47 am

epun wrote:
NW is the biggest district in DC, so the further west you go, it's more white, especially around the Wisconsin Ave up to the UDC/Howard Law school area. But don't sleep on NW by Howard U. proper. Take Georgia Ave up to Tacoma Park, shiiiiit!

I lived in SW. I used to bartend at the Phillips Restaurant and El Toritos on Water St. by the Potomac.....They still got that bbq restaurant "hogs on the hill"?[/quote

I aint been down there in a minute I think that hogs on the hill became H20, damn epun when did you live down that way i was living off 6th and M from 95-2000.

lboogie
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lboogie » March 19th, 2007, 8:15 am

Qdawg wrote:this is a a thread focusing on the neighbors of baltimore & washington dc beef/comparison etc...not bmore,dc,compton....niggahs in the area have more serious issues to worry about.

L-boogie you was right about that kay-street crew too ,its deep how they put in as much dirt as they did considering the fact they was in a 85% white area
Yeah that was some wild shit to me how they did that much dirt with 300,000 dollar condo's and townhouses right across the street. When I was living down that way you would always here whites with money say to be careful once you past the safeway going down M st. lol.

lboogie
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lboogie » March 19th, 2007, 8:21 am

epun wrote:
if it was drug related maybe it was on the envy tip...its still going on like that to this day
That's all it was, envy. That's all it ever is in the drug game. Niggas always need to come up faster and better than the next, by any means.

As close as the two cities are, the hood cultures are crazy different. In DC, at least back in the day, you had the go-go scene. Niggas in Baltimore hated that shit. Plus DC brothas are cocky and arrogant as all get out. B-more brothas are more humble about they shit, IMO. They reminded me of brothas in Chicago or ATL.
:lol:

lboogie
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lboogie » March 19th, 2007, 8:23 am

epun wrote:
hell yeah, you right on that. That side of NW got that old money. but when you hit Montgomery county on the Georgia Ave. side, which is the tougher part of NW, it looks the same as well. I use to get my haircut at GQ's on Georgia Ave right before the DC/Maryland border.

I use to live off of 8th and H st. in NE right across from Galludet U. A nigga use to go to that fried fish market and load up on some fried clams and catfish/hushpuppies. Shit was off the hizzy. My frat brother was robbed right on the corner of 8th and H for his Chubb Rock CD back in '90. Nigga didn't have no money, so dude told him to give up his CD player, lol. Damn Q, you takin me back......

I never really had problems bruh. I played ball all over the city, but didn't come across as some uppity Howard dude. Hooked niggas up at happy hours at El Torito's. You know them locals don't take to kindly to niggas that go to Howard. I played ball with them dudes at the hoop courts across the street from Cordoza High, etc... Niggas knew I wasn't from DC, but I always showed straight up respect. Plus DC/B-more got the best b-ball players behind NYC. Cali niggas was always gettin' mopped up because they come out hollerin' that B/C shit, especially LA cats, wannabees though, not real bangers.
Damn I see the homie epun know his shit speaking on D.C., imma even give him a pass for attending Coward U.