TERMS AND NAMES FOR "GANGMEMBERS"

From tagging to piecing to gang graffiti to clothing styles to the art of tattoos.
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

TERMS AND NAMES FOR "GANGMEMBERS"

Unread post by Lonewolf » April 2nd, 2007, 12:02 pm

WHAT TERMS AND NAMES ARE GIVEN TO THOSE WHO "GANGBANG" OUT IN THE STREETS OF THIS GOOD OLE' U.S. of A.?

Amongst La Raza, they can be termed, Cholos, Gangstros, Pachucos, Carnales, Sureños, Riders, Bandidos, Maravillosos/Marafiosos, Homeboys, Delincuentes, Pandilleros, Mafiosos y Bandoleros.

Those are some of the names and terms used to describe those in the world of street gangs. There's plenty of other names, but these are amongst the ones that popped into my head right now. Each and every one is associated with the Street Gangs and do not necessarily apply to drug dealers and runners nor cartels, nor do they apply to those in the mob world of illegal enterprises. They can be used to describe the last ones mentioned but they are not actual terms & names used in their everyday self-applied definition. On the other hand, a street gangster can use any and all of those terms and names each and every day with no problem nor contradiction. So I ask, what are some of the "other" terms/names used on or by Street Gangsters to define themselves?

BuCCyBlue
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BuCCyBlue » April 5th, 2007, 9:50 am

Round Here we got

Loc,Sagger,Lane-a-Tic,B Dog lol low key thats all i could think of right now

R love
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by R love » April 7th, 2007, 2:48 pm

CRIP, LOC, HOMIE, COUSIN, CUZZ, HOOD NAME, ALLIANCE NAME,

SmileyGee
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: TERMS AND NAMES FOR "GANGMEMBERS"

Unread post by SmileyGee » September 26th, 2009, 12:25 pm

I personally see this gang world as a neighborhood world instead of seen them as just gangs...this brings me up too the word Homboy it literally was used too state as someone from ones hometown or home place...And as our home place is our neighborhood I self apply the word Homeboy to my self...Iconsider myself just a regulare homeboy

Jinky08
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Glesga

Unread post by Jinky08 » September 27th, 2009, 1:01 pm

In Glasgow the media calls them NED's.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » October 1st, 2009, 3:00 pm

In Chicago it's usually gangbanger or gangster.

In Philly, back when they had alot of gangs, it was corner boy or jitterbug. Gang fighting was called gang warring or jitterbugging.

In New York back in the 50's/early 60's it was bopper and gang activity was called bopping.

In L.A. during the pre-Watts gang era, low rider was sometimes used for black gangs like the Slausons and Gladiators.

In NYC during the 70's/early 80's, gang members were sometimes called outlaws.