Prison in US v Prison UK

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.
overseas

Prison in US v Prison UK

Unread post by overseas » January 17th, 2007, 6:41 am

I've nothing to do with gangs at all but I was told that I might get some decent info. here. I'm from Boston but have been in England for the last while. I got into trouble and was am on bail but have been told that I am looking at 3-5 years for GBH (Grevious Bodily Harm). I've lost my girl over that - the main reason I was here and have nothing really to keep me here. I'm 23 and able to handle myself OK.

If the sentence is long enough you can apply for a trasnsfer back to your home country and am just thinking about that now. I know prison is worse back home but how bad is it really if you're not involved with gangs and are not in some max. security place? There isn't the same ammount of shit that goes on in prisons in England from what I know.

If I get a long sentence I would prefer to be back home but am thinking that I might be better off staying here. Just want to know how bad prison really would be - assume I would go back to MA.

BornToKill

Unread post by BornToKill » January 27th, 2007, 1:04 am

arent british prisons less ethnically diverse?

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » January 27th, 2007, 10:59 am

ya'll dudes r postin up US vs UK prisons like prison is a competition... a prisoner doin time right now would easily tell u they dont give a fu*k about none of that shit...n neither do i...

bryan989
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Prison in US v Prison UK

Unread post by bryan989 » January 27th, 2007, 11:03 am

overseas wrote:I've nothing to do with gangs at all but I was told that I might get some decent info. here. I'm from Boston but have been in England for the last while. I got into trouble and was am on bail but have been told that I am looking at 3-5 years for GBH (Grevious Bodily Harm). I've lost my girl over that - the main reason I was here and have nothing really to keep me here. I'm 23 and able to handle myself OK.

If the sentence is long enough you can apply for a trasnsfer back to your home country and am just thinking about that now. I know prison is worse back home but how bad is it really if you're not involved with gangs and are not in some max. security place? There isn't the same ammount of shit that goes on in prisons in England from what I know.

If I get a long sentence I would prefer to be back home but am thinking that I might be better off staying here. Just want to know how bad prison really would be - assume I would go back to MA.
you crazy man. you're facing 3-5 years and you'd rather get online and ask which prison to go to than dip the fuck out of town while you can? id'a peaced out the minute they let my ass out on bail.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » January 27th, 2007, 11:09 am

bryan889 wrote:
overseas wrote:I've nothing to do with gangs at all but I was told that I might get some decent info. here. I'm from Boston but have been in England for the last while. I got into trouble and was am on bail but have been told that I am looking at 3-5 years for GBH (Grevious Bodily Harm). I've lost my girl over that - the main reason I was here and have nothing really to keep me here. I'm 23 and able to handle myself OK.

you crazy man. you're facing 3-5 years and you'd rather get online and ask which prison to go to than dip the fu-- out of town while you can? id'a peaced out the minute they let my ass out on bail.
Oh yeah...running from the law ALWAYS seems to work out. :roll: I give the guy props for trying to be realistic about his viable options at this point.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » January 27th, 2007, 11:11 am

I dont know, I am not in your position. But if it were myself I think I would be likely to opt for doing my time on my home soil.

bryan989
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by bryan989 » January 27th, 2007, 11:32 am

Christina Marie wrote:
bryan889 wrote:

you crazy man. you're facing 3-5 years and you'd rather get online and ask which prison to go to than dip the fu-- out of town while you can? id'a peaced out the minute they let my ass out on bail.
Oh yeah...running from the law ALWAYS seems to work out. :roll: I give the guy props for trying to be realistic about his viable options at this point.
runnings better than 3-5 years in the lock up. especially if you're in a different country and can run easily.

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » January 27th, 2007, 11:49 am

homey, if ur gonna do a little ass 3-5, u shouldnt run..when they catch u theyll just thro on an extra charge, and thats an extra case rite there, resulting in extra time...i'd understand if u were on the run for murder...but for that, do ur time, suck that shit up....theres dudes that gotta do life in prison, that wish they had 3-5 yrs left....

BornInvincible
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BornInvincible » January 27th, 2007, 2:42 pm

I think this is the same guy:
http://boards.askmen.com/viewtopic.php?t=7986

I recommended him to ask real og's here.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » January 27th, 2007, 3:20 pm

bryan889 wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:
bryan889 wrote:

runnings better than 3-5 years in the lock up. especially if you're in a different country and can run easily.
HOW old are you?

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » January 27th, 2007, 3:20 pm

BxxMILITIA wrote:homey, if ur gonna do a little ass 3-5, u shouldnt run..when they catch u theyll just thro on an extra charge, and thats an extra case rite there, resulting in extra time...i'd understand if u were on the run for murder...but for that, do ur time, suck that shit up....theres dudes that gotta do life in prison, that wish they had 3-5 yrs left....
Thats what I am saying

bryan989
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by bryan989 » January 27th, 2007, 3:42 pm

Christina Marie wrote:
bryan889 wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:
bryan889 wrote:

HOW old are you?
16. when i was in the lock up tho every minute seemed like a fuckin day. i can't imagine YEARS of that BS. my homie boom boom is doin 4 years in the real pen, and from the letters homeboy sent me he sounds like he wishes he left before they got him.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » January 27th, 2007, 4:22 pm

bryan889 wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:
bryan889 wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:
bryan889 wrote:

HOW old are you?
16. when i was in the lock up tho every minute seemed like a fuckin day. i can't imagine YEARS of that BS. my homie boom boom is doin 4 years in the real pen, and from the letters homeboy sent me he sounds like he wishes he left before they got him.
16. That explains it. Well Bryan let me tell you that every single person I know that has ran from the law has eventually been caught. Running just prolongs the inevitable, makes the consequences worse and it is no way to live being a fugitive. Its far better to just man up.

BornInvincible
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BornInvincible » January 27th, 2007, 6:27 pm

you havent watched prison break have you?

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » January 27th, 2007, 6:44 pm

Just take the 3-5.You might get out early for being good.just dont get used to it in there and fucc up when you get out and go right back in.

grindandclick

Unread post by grindandclick » January 27th, 2007, 6:46 pm

British prisons are only as hard as you make em. for GBH you'l go to proper prison like feltham(non violent stuff like fruad you might be lucky enough to go to an open prison where they let you out on weekends and stuff. seriously). i never had to stand infront of a crown court so never been inside but i know enough people who have and basicly from what i understand its only as hard as you make it. stick with the well behaved ones, you'l serve maybe 2 thirds of your sentence working out in a gym eating and smoking shitty quality hash. good behavior generally is rewarded.

and whatever you do fucking stay away from skag. that shit is dirt. i know enough people that went inside a pothead and came out a blisered up heroin addict. and thats a fucking life sentence

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » January 27th, 2007, 8:09 pm

BornInvincible wrote:you havent watched prison break have you?
THATS A FUCKING TV SHOW!!!! Get real

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » January 28th, 2007, 10:25 am

its invincible, didnt u kno...

swinginhard

Unread post by swinginhard » January 29th, 2007, 5:19 am

take the time you have left to take some boxing and bjj lessons

BornInvincible
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BornInvincible » January 29th, 2007, 6:59 pm

BxxMILITIA wrote:its invincible, didnt u kno...
naw I thought it was real life yo.

overseas

Unread post by overseas » February 1st, 2007, 7:29 am

Only checked back here now. Don't think I never thought about running but as others said on here - it's not worth it and it would be pretty hard to do with my bail conditions anyway. I know that loads of others have to go through this too so I stuck around - just another 2 weeks to go now.

I don't know if the transfer thing will ever come up but was just thinking about that. I'd like to be back but it seems that Ameriacn prisons are worse than British one's. I know prison is prison but from what I heard the gang stuff isn't really a problem over here. I suppose I'm only hearing about the max security ones back home with all the gang stuff but wouldn't know where I could end up - don't suppose I'd end up in one of those. Suppose it's better on East Coast but don't know for sure.

grindandclick wrote:British prisons are only as hard as you make em. for GBH you'l go to proper prison like feltham(non violent stuff like fruad you might be lucky enough to go to an open prison where they let you out on weekends and stuff. seriously). i never had to stand infront of a crown court so never been inside but i know enough people who have and basicly from what i understand its only as hard as you make it. stick with the well behaved ones, you'l serve maybe 2 thirds of your sentence working out in a gym eating and smoking _____ quality hash. good behavior generally is rewarded.

and whatever you do #%@&#%@ stay away from skag. that shit is dirt. i know enough people that went inside a pothead and came out a blisered up heroin addict. and thats a #%@&#%@ life sentence
Yeah I've been told it'll definitely be full prison - Cat B - over here - told you start off on 22 hr lock up but if you do work or courses you get out more. Have been doing a bit of training anyway - boxing and some weights to bulk up a bit so hope i could keep the training up to pass the time. Wouldn't complain about spending the time working out, easting and smoking as you said. Just don't want to get into any hassle and have to spend more time in there.

Tacomahilltop
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

hi

Unread post by Tacomahilltop » April 4th, 2007, 5:50 am

man dont listen to these ppl who say 5 yrs in jail aint nuthin.I juist got released from jail last week and trust me every single day sucks beyojnd belief and to that person who said that british prisons are the worse no they are not i just spent 2 months in al whatba prison in abu dhabi and it was the worst experience of my life if my appeal hadnt gone through id still be there for another 5 months

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » April 9th, 2007, 9:15 pm

Jails in USA seem worse than the uk jails,.In the states it seems like everything is run down racial lines and unless you belong to gang its hard to survive.Saw a show about folson prison and it showed a mad riot where every mexican in the yard just attacked the black guys and the whole yard just exploded into a mass riot.1 guy was shot dead by a guard.

Tacomahilltop
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Tacomahilltop » April 11th, 2007, 4:57 am

in the arab prisons the police kick your ass everyday you look at a guard for to long smack ou dont wake up quick enough smack and so on.Plus western prisons they let you have like communal living time in arab jails your in your cell 20 hours a day IN MINIMUM SECURITY BLOCKS.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » June 18th, 2007, 8:10 am

I don't know about US jails other than the stories about how racially segregated they are and how some run along gang fault lines.....I'd say go with what the Brit voice said, stay in UK because if you stay cool, you will in all likelyhood, serve twothirds of your sentance, so for a 3-5, depending on what comes up, you could end up serving between 2-3 years prison time - and there is also a chance at being sent to an open jail, probs after a closed jail period, if you stay cool. And yeah, saty away from Skag (heroin), the jails here are full of it and many go in without a habit and come out with a habit.....Dont think you'll get sent to Feltham because thats a Young Offenders prison - and usually peeps are more on a war face tip there than adult prisons - and yeah, prisons aren't run by gangs here, though some young offenders jails will have more of that going on right now. Most jails are becoming very overcrowded.
Still, in balance, I'd serve my time here, 'cos I don't know what being a Brit would be like in a US jail with no backup team to jam with -
Study hard, work out hard, avoid drugs and ish between peeps and keep head down

KING KONG
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KING KONG » August 2nd, 2007, 5:52 am

STAY IN ENGLAND MAN!

US_ARMED_FORCES

Ouch

Unread post by US_ARMED_FORCES » August 4th, 2007, 5:22 pm

Damn, you ran into that one with your eyes closed. 3 Years? that is freaken ludachris! some people go on the run and sometimes the law catches up to them. It all depends on the person. I say do whatever you find best, you should go back home to do that time, in U.K. they might stick unlimited English muffins up your ass or something. Being in Jail is tough, not being with a click may get you into some shit with the homosexual clan in jail. I would reccomend just trying to keep your peace, but ((dont let anyone punk you down)) because one side of weakness can cause you your life.
Good luck.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » March 19th, 2008, 6:22 pm

less diverese

ted32

Unread post by ted32 » March 20th, 2008, 1:22 am

How People can think that prison break is real?
:shock:

mentor

Unread post by mentor » March 22nd, 2008, 9:35 am

The guy is no doubt doind time now as he has not postd in awile, I spent most of my younger years in uk jails from the age of 17 to 23 I was lucky if I had 5 weeks on the outside, I am 29 now and have been out for 6 years now and dont se me going back, but the uk jails are that easy they were no deterent for me back then and I stay out now because I choose to and as bad as this sounds it was an experience I enjoyed looking back, it was fun in the young affenders but boaring in the mens jail and when your not at the gym or workng you are reading or pulling your pole lol u look forward to the simple things like pay day when you get your ganteen which is delivered to your door now back in my first years you used to go to the ganteen and pick on the day what you wanted which was better but it used to much officer time up so that was stopped, I spent alot of time in holm house which is in the north east of england which seems to get alot of people from other parts of the country as when the jails are overcrowded they always get shipped to holme house which is an ok jail now as you get a coulor T.V as soon as you go in now which they take a pound a week out of you pay for, you used to have to get on house block 6 for a T.V but they changed it the last time I was in and everyone gets one now, I dont se why people are scared about jail as at the end of the day the people in thier are no different from yourself.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » April 1st, 2008, 5:49 pm

if youre only 16 come home....unless you live in a small town youll likely only get an ankle bracelet and if you do get 3-5, youll do a year in a juvenile facility which may be juvie hall but will more likely be a bootcamp or group home

9Caliber
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 9Caliber » June 5th, 2008, 2:36 am

I dunno because if you stay in a U.K prison and they find out your american your likely to get a lot problems for that. But its your choice.