white radiohost calls blk ncaa females "hoes"

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

white radiohost calls blk ncaa females "hoes"

Unread post by Qdawg » April 7th, 2007, 12:37 am

Imus and his "Hoes"
Wed Apr 04, 2007 at 06:54:07 AM PDT
Please write MSNBC to express your distate for Imus.

While discussing the women's collegiate championship game, Imus mentioned that it was a match between the "Nappy-headed hoes and the Hoes". I was totally outraged and for the life of me, I can't understand why Democratic candidates who profess to uphold democratic principles sanction his behavior. I worked in the past for a politician (who I will decline to name here) who frequents his show and I asked him why. He stated that Imus "was a good person". A good person would not make the frequent, racist stereotypical comments that Imus frequently states. Senator Dodd was a guest today and I doubt that he defends his behavior but his mere presence on the show does. I am going to write MNSBC and I hope that many of you will join me.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/4/4/9446/66752

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » April 9th, 2007, 8:56 am

I can't understand why Democratic candidates who profess to uphold democratic principles sanction his behavior
the democrats are totally fucked up, they have always been so from the beginning, like our liberals and conservatives your republicans and democrats are corrupt and have there own agenda and will say things to get votes.

The democrats were the first party "Jackson democrats" to use manifest destiny to promote the annexation of the now the Western United States (the Oregon Territory, the Texas Annexation, and the Mexican Cession).
pretty much fucking both mexico and canada for land.... Dont let people like Bill Clinton mislead you into thinking democrats are the good guys compared to republicans. there both just as fucked up
I worked in the past for a politician (who I will decline to name here) who frequents his show and I asked him why. He stated that Imus "was a good person". A good person would not make the frequent, racist stereotypical comments that Imus frequently states
they watch out for each other, if you blast the democrats for being racist the republicans will come back with a racist agenda, its hard to fight against it. For example Bill clinton refused to accept a genocide in rwanda was occuring, he later regretted it. Then after he acknowledged the genocide his army still charged MILLIONS for the use of american machines by the UNAMIR in rwanda thus prolonging the slaughter a little bit longer..... :roll: americans.....

Qdawg are you writing a letter to MNSBC yourself?

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » April 9th, 2007, 9:10 am

Hoe'z is not only fo black fyne azz females but fo also in general white,asian,brazilian and even latino's.

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » April 9th, 2007, 9:11 am

i thought it was used in a racist way, my bad

king phoenix
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by king phoenix » April 9th, 2007, 11:06 am

johnnnny wrote:i thought it was used in a racist way, my bad

well before you apologize! he did say they were nappy headed! and what race is none for nappy hair? i dont know to many white,asian,brazillian girls with "nappy" hair do you? however i still think that shit was funny! fuck what the next man says, we all say shit we shouldnt say, lets stop acting like hoes and man up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 9th, 2007, 6:24 pm

Imus' radio show given 2-week suspension
MSNBC, CBS Radio take action as host apologizes for remarks about Rutgers basketball team
By DEEPTI HAJELA
Associated Press Writer
Originally published April 9, 2007, 9:11 PM EDT

NEW YORK // CBS Radio and MSNBC both said Monday they were suspending Don Imus' morning talk show for two weeks following his reference last week to members of the Rutgers women's basketball team as "nappy-headed hos."

The suspension begins April 16.

MSNBC said it believed this was the appropriate response based on Imus' regret for making the comment and his stated dedication to changing the show's discourse.

"Our future relationship with Imus is contingent on his ability to live up to his word," the network said.

CBS Radio made its announcement without comment.

Imus, who has made a career of cranky insults in the morning, was fighting for his job following the joke that by his own admission went "way too far."

He continued to apologize Monday, both on his show and on a syndicated radio program hosted by the Rev. Al Sharpton, who is among several black leaders demanding his ouster.

Imus could be in real danger if the outcry causes advertisers to shy away from him, said Tom Taylor, editor of the trade publication Inside Radio. The National Organization for Women is also seeking Imus' ouster.

"Everyone is on tenterhooks waiting to see whether it grows and whether the protest gets picked up more broadly," Taylor said.

Imus isn't the most popular radio talk-show host -- the trade publication Talkers ranks him the 14th most influential -- but his audience is heavy on the political and media elite that advertisers pay a premium to reach. Authors, journalists and politicians are frequent guests -- and targets for insults.

He has urged critics to recognize that his show is a comedy that spreads insults broadly. Imus or his cast have called Colin Powell a "sniffling weasel," New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson a "fat sissy" and referred to Sen. Ben Nighthorse Campbell of Colorado, an American Indian, as "the guy from 'F Troop.'" He and his colleagues also called the New York Knicks a group of "chest-thumping pimps."

On Sharpton's program Monday, Imus said that "our agenda is to be funny and sometimes we go too far. And this time we went way too far."

Imus made his remark the day after the Rutgers team, which includes eight black women, lost the NCAA women's championship game to Tennessee. He was speaking with producer Bernard McGuirk and said "that's some rough girls from Rutgers. Man, they got tattoos ..."

"Some hardcore hos," McGuirk said.

"That's some nappy-headed hos there, I'm going to tell you that," Imus said.

The Rutgers comment has struck a chord, in part, because it was aimed at a group of young women at the pinnacle of athletic success. It also came in a different public atmosphere following the Michael Richards and Mel Gibson incidents, said Eric Deggans, columnist for the St. Petersburg Times and chairman of the media monitoring committee of the National Association of Black Journalists. The NABJ's governing board, which doesn't include Deggans, wants Imus canned.

"This may be the first time where he's done something like this in the YouTube era," Deggans said. Viewers can quickly see clips of Imus' remarks, not allowing him to redefine their context, he said.

On his show Monday, Imus called himself "a good person" who made a bad mistake.

"Here's what I've learned: that you can't make fun of everybody, because some people don't deserve it," he said. "And because the climate on this program has been what it's been for 30 years doesn't mean that it has to be that way for the next five years or whatever because that has to change, and I understand that."

New Jersey Gov. Jon S. Corzine spoke to Rutgers players Monday and said later that he strongly condemned Imus' words.

don imus: http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainme ... -headlines

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainme ... -headlines

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 9th, 2007, 6:25 pm

[quote="johnnnny"][quote]
Qdawg are you writing a letter to MNSBC yourself?[/quote]

johnny i didnt write to msnbc but as you can see if al sharpton spoke up & they only gave this man 2-weeks other voices wouldnt have mattered...this dude imus made msnbc millions,there not gonna cut him like that

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 9th, 2007, 6:29 pm

:lol: @"called the New York Knicks a group of "chest-thumping pimps."

areefce
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by areefce » April 9th, 2007, 8:25 pm

i dont know if any of you have listened to don imus before, but i think he's an idiot

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 9th, 2007, 9:40 pm

Qdawg wrote::lol: @"called the New York Knicks a group of "chest-thumping pimps."
LOL :lol: :lol:

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » April 10th, 2007, 6:12 am

DALLAS, April 9 /PRNewswire/ -- The following was released today by
Bishop T.D. Jakes, Senior Pastor/Founder, The Potter's House of Dallas,
Inc.:

"Trying to be funny" is a justifiable excuse for calling a group of
distinguished young African-American women "nappy-headed [whores]," or so
says radio talk show host Don Imus about his racial slurs April 4 toward
the young ladies of the Rutgers University women's basketball team. Given
that Imus and his producer are still employed, one must assume that NBC,
their employer, agrees. With this attitude, is it any surprise that racism
continues to poison America?
Jesus taught that "What goes into a man's mouth does not make him
'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him
'unclean.'" (Matthew 15:11 NIV) The fact remains that Imus' unprovoked
racial slurs -- which sadly appear to be part of a personal pattern over
the years -- clearly reveal a deeper malignancy of the heart. But it is the
lack of immediate and meaningful response by his employer that reveals a
deeper cancer in America. Press statements and public appearances are mere
bandages when someone's daughter is called a whore for fun. True healing
will come only when individuals honestly address the root of their remarks,
rather than making excuses for them, and only when employers and
advertisers in our society respond immediately and decisively. Hall of Fame
baseball player Cal Ripken immediately canceled his forthcoming appearance
on Imus' show; others should do the same.
Imus is a broadcast industry professional, who I hold to a higher
standard. Imus' employers are broadcast conglomerates that I also hold to a
higher standard. And the advertisers that spend millions on Imus' show
should also be held to a higher standard. Allison Gollust, senior vice
president for news communications at NBC, has stated: "We take this matter
very seriously." If so, Imus and Bernard McGuirk should be unemployed today
and the excuses should stop, so that the healing can begin.
On behalf of decent moral people of all backgrounds, and specifically
for women of color, we heard the so-called joke. But now the entire media,
advertisers and industry executives should deliver the punch line.

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » April 10th, 2007, 6:46 am

king phoenix wrote:

well before you apologize! he did say they were nappy headed! and what race is none for nappy hair? i dont know to many white,asian,brazillian girls with "nappy" hair do you? however i still think that shit was funny! fu-- what the next man says, we all say shit we shouldnt say, lets stop acting like hoes and man up :lol: :lol: :lol:
A ho is ho this goes fo all of dem in general blacks,asians,brazilians and even latinos,it doesn't matter what race a female is they is still a "Hoe" str8 like that.

king phoenix
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by king phoenix » April 10th, 2007, 9:58 am

Hell wrote:
king phoenix wrote:

well before you apologize! he did say they were nappy headed! and what race is none for nappy hair? i dont know to many white,asian,brazillian girls with "nappy" hair do you? however i still think that shit was funny! fu-- what the next man says, we all say shit we shouldnt say, lets stop acting like hoes and man up :lol: :lol: :lol:
A ho is ho this goes fo all of dem in general blacks,asians,brazilians and even latinos,it doesn't matter what race a female is they is still a "Hoe" str8 like that.

:lol: :lol: what would your mother say if she saw this? :lol: :lol:

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » April 10th, 2007, 10:49 am

She wouldn't say stuff :lol: .

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » April 10th, 2007, 11:17 am

i saw a picture of them girls and they dont look happy and there arranging a meeting with imus, lol,

someone is in for an ass kickin... :shock:, another outburst another day in america

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 10th, 2007, 1:23 pm

[quote="A Ghost"][quote="Qdawg"]:lol: @"called the New York Knicks a group of "chest-thumping pimps."[/quote]

LOL :lol: :lol:[/quote]

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 10th, 2007, 1:47 pm

Qdawg wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
Qdawg wrote::lol: @"called the New York Knicks a group of "chest-thumping pimps."
LOL :lol: :lol:
Basketball players always got the cute girls

....them and crack dealers :x

:lol:

king phoenix
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by king phoenix » April 10th, 2007, 3:50 pm

does anyone know where i can find the audio? all i can find is the articles

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 10th, 2007, 3:55 pm

[quote="A Ghost"][quote="Qdawg"][quote="A Ghost"][quote="Qdawg"]:lol: @"called the New York Knicks a group of "chest-thumping pimps."[/quote]

LOL :lol: :lol:[/quote][/quote]

Basketball players always got the cute girls

....them and crack dealers :x

:lol:[/quote]

:lol:

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 10th, 2007, 3:58 pm

king phoenix wrote:does anyone know where i can find the audio? all i can find is the articles

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » April 10th, 2007, 4:09 pm

get the hell over it, you listen to rappers call women hoes on nearly all of the rap albulms and you dont post shit about that.

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » April 10th, 2007, 4:12 pm

DC wrote:get the hell over it, you listen to rappers call women hoes on nearly all of the rap albulms and you dont post shit about that.
Rap songs don't speak on NCAA women basketball teams online wannabee aryan.

dont_fear
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by dont_fear » April 10th, 2007, 4:49 pm

This just proves the point that a lot of white amerikkkans are still racist.
Everyday i pray to God to destroy America injustice and racism against other people.
Amerikkka the country of the racists, a land that was stolen from the real american indians, i really feel sorry for the native american indians.
Just goes to show that you cant trust these white racist people

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 10th, 2007, 5:08 pm

[quote="dont_fear"]This just proves the point that a lot of white amerikkkans are still racist.[/quote]

:!:

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 10th, 2007, 5:22 pm

the bottom line is he shouldn't have said that on the air. its racist and sexist. he has been in trouble for this like six times before, and has compared the williams sisters in tennis to "animals in the african desert" or something like that. the first time, okay you should know better, you didn't mean to offend people, but you did. this is like the fifth or sixth time this is happen and it probably will happen again.

and the 2 weeks ban is going to do nothing. he continues his show this week, promotes his fund raiser, then goes away for 2 weeks and comes right back. but imus makes MSNBC too much money and that will never happen.

Black_Kingz86
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Black_Kingz86 » April 10th, 2007, 5:50 pm

i wanna get in contact with dis fool , if any 1 can hook up a contact for dis magget id be good!!

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 10th, 2007, 5:58 pm

[quote="se11"] but imus makes MSNBC too much money and that will never happen.[/quote]

same thing i said on a earlier post,this old character is a big money maker for them

king phoenix
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by king phoenix » April 10th, 2007, 6:41 pm

good look!

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 10th, 2007, 10:34 pm

WOW. I just saw Hal Fisherman's commentary about this dude... it was deep stuff.

I hope someone puts up a video because that's the only way to get the full impact, but some things he said (not word for word):

Imux WANTS this attention he's getting. He gets more publicity, and now many people who never heard of him before are now gonna watch his show just to check out what he's gonna say and his ratings go up. He gets to be paraded around on a two week VACATION on other talk shows to "apologize" to make himself look humble and make it look like his show will go in a more positive direction, ALSO A GOOD MOVE TO GET RATINGS. He comes back looking like a "good guy" again without ever going to rehab or counseling.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 10th, 2007, 10:57 pm

se11 wrote:the bottom line is he shouldn't have said that on the air. its racist and sexist. he has been in trouble for this like six times before, and has compared the williams sisters in tennis to "animals in the african desert" or something like that. the first time, okay you should know better, you didn't mean to offend people, but you did. this is like the fifth or sixth time this is happen and it probably will happen again.

and the 2 weeks ban is going to do nothing. he continues his show this week, promotes his fund raiser, then goes away for 2 weeks and comes right back. but imus makes MSNBC too much money and that will never happen.
Awww damn...

This IMUS guys sounds like Uncle Ruckus from Boondocks :lol: :lol:

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » April 11th, 2007, 2:30 am

DC wrote:get the hell over it, you listen to rappers call women hoes on nearly all of the rap albulms and you dont post shit about that.
ALL blacks dont listen to or respect rap music.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 11th, 2007, 9:47 am

[quote="MiChuhSuh"]WOW. I just saw Hal Fisherman's commentary about this dude... it was deep stuff.

I hope someone puts up a video because that's the only way to get the full impact, but some things he said (not word for word):

Imux WANTS this attention he's getting. He gets more publicity, and now many people who never heard of him before are now gonna watch his show just to check out what he's gonna say and his ratings go up. He gets to be paraded around on a two week VACATION on other talk shows to "apologize" to make himself look humble and make it look like his show will go in a more positive direction, ALSO A GOOD MOVE TO GET RATINGS. He comes back looking like a "good guy" again without ever going to rehab or counseling.[/quote]

im taking it you didnt check out wus been going on the past 24-48 hrs with his show? couple of guest who was supposed to be on his show(cal ripken 1 of them) all canceled they appointments to his show,people are starting to not listen to him..how long will that last? you or i dont know