Brown People

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Brown People

Unread post by Silencioso » April 11th, 2007, 12:56 pm

I posted a similar topic a long time ago but the issue keeps popping up. The media is very inconsistant about how it uses the label "brown". Like if they're talking about brown on black violence L.A. you KNOW they're not talking about filipinos or East Indians LOL But then they'll talk about the FBI harassing "brown people" you KNOW they mean Arabs and other Mid Eastern people. It's a very bizarre situation. Could you imagine the label "white" being used that loosely?

What's the verdict? Who's really Brown?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 11th, 2007, 1:08 pm

Everyone not black and not white is brown lol

And the term white is used VERY loosely (not that long ago, most Arab nations besides Sudan were "white" and "Caucasian" and now suddenly they are ""brown"" :lol: )

The media is never consistent. It's pronounced "Eee-rock" and "Eee-Ron", NOT "Eye-Rack" or "Eye-Ran", but once the politicians and a few other celebrities started saying that, the media decides to pronounce it wrong just to be like the celebrities - retarded.

king phoenix
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by king phoenix » April 11th, 2007, 2:54 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:Everyone not black and not white is brown lol

And the term white is used VERY loosely (not that long ago, most Arab nations besides Sudan were "white" and "Caucasian" and now suddenly they are ""brown"" :lol: )

The media is never consistent. It's pronounced "Eee-rock" and "Eee-Ron", NOT "Eye-Rack" or "Eye-Ran", but once the politicians and a few other celebrities started saying that, the media decides to pronounce it wrong just to be like the celebrities - retarded.
i dont know dog, i dont know to many "black" black people!

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 11th, 2007, 5:38 pm

^ on that part I believe the media is still using "Jim Crow" categorization, which again is ridiculous.

Halle Barry is MIXED
Alicia Keys is MIXED
Barrack Obama is MIXED
Tiger Woods is (very) MXED

and so on, but the media and Jim Crow will only see "black"

Tiger Woods had to force his long and wide-ranging ancestory down people's throats and some still only say black

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » April 11th, 2007, 5:48 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:^ on that part I believe the media is still using "Jim Crow" categorization, which again is ridiculous.

Halle Barry is MIXED
Alicia Keys is MIXED
Barrack Obama is MIXED

Tiger Woods had to force his long and wide-ranging ancestory down people's throats and some still only say black
YES!!!!!! r u from america, your the first american ive heard say that!!!!

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » April 12th, 2007, 2:33 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:^ on that part I believe the media is still using "Jim Crow" categorization, which again is ridiculous.

Halle Barry is MIXED
Alicia Keys is MIXED
Barrack Obama is MIXED

Exactly...thats why i even think that distinguishing people as races is more then ridiculous, but youll never get that into the heads of the most people.

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » April 12th, 2007, 4:18 am

Exactly...thats why i even think that distinguishing people as races is more then ridiculous, but youll never get that into the heads of the most people.
Thats what im talkin about, anyone remember that conversation ive had with someone about this. I asked why are black people calling themselves black when most of them are brown?????? i aint color blind....

I actually remember that conversation quite well and everyone called me a whiny bitch cause NO ONE saw it my way. :roll: but not i would assume people do.... Thats cool i guess you need to understand it yourself you way, however, as long as you understand it, lol

Sentenza people are hardwired to believe this idea of races, i only indulge in saying black and white from european and african because americans and racists dont understand. There clueless, and they say im ignorant :shock: :shock: :lol: with my personal beliefs LOL.

Anyways back to the topic at hand, i tell my friends that yes they have changed color from black to dark brown and that they arent really black anymore, do they get mad???????, nope they say yea i noticed it too...

If you want to believe in the black - brown - white - yellow - red stereotypes then i think deep down your a racist.... You have been brainwashed to fight a war that shouldnt be fought....

Call me wrong, and if anyone thinks my replys is ignorant tell me in my threads not indirectly, lol, come on this is a message board, lol

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » April 12th, 2007, 7:20 am

WARNING!!! This following quote is used to express my point and is not the view of the person who i qouted and reqouted, just right now...
perongregory wrote:
johnnny wrote:-im just talking about the color, not there ethnicity, not anything
-i just dont understand why people who are brown say there black???
-arabs tell me there black, i wonder wtf??? your arab, or brown
Cause we've taken on that color to rep us. Latinos have taken brown, Native Americans Red, Asians yellow, and Caucasians white. I dont know about that Arab shit.
I thought about that "taken on that color to rep us", call it jim crow call it watever but the fact is is its being done by everyone. I think because of racism in america brown people are forced to relate with whatever label the government treats them as, and connect with the people on the same level as them.

And on the other hand people use color to seperate themselves from another party, and thats how racial battles start. When the american government started slapping labels on people problems were created.
I know im bad at explaining my points clearly for people of other countries, but thats one of many theories i have.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » April 12th, 2007, 10:34 am

The only differences that exist between people are cultural and political ones...Shiiiit i have met Turks and Africans who were more German (in terms of stereotypes of culture) then me and they spoke the Berlin dialect (which i dont and i was born here)....So race hasnt got to do shit with anything. It all depends where and how you grow up.

Get that through your head people.

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » April 12th, 2007, 11:38 am

Sentenza wrote:The only differences that exist between people are cultural and political ones...Shiiiit i have met Turks and Africans who were more German (in terms of stereotypes of culture) then me and they spoke the Berlin dialect (which i dont and i was born here)....So race hasnt got to do shit with anything. It all depends where and how you grow up.

Get that through your head people.
-i have met more blacks an asians that know french and english, and i only know english :cry:
It all depends where and how you grow up.
that explaisn why americans are fucked up lol

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » April 12th, 2007, 1:00 pm

"white" emcompases people that look different from eachother - like Sicilians and Finnish - but all "white" groups are basically Caucasoid and most are relatively light skinned compared to Black Africans or South Asians. So it's really not that loose. A loose use of "white" would be if any light skinned person - Korean, MId West Amer. Indian, albino Black - was "white". That's how the term brown is used. The various "brown" groups aren't connected in any way and they can have any kind of facial features - Caucasoid (India and many Latinos), East Asian (some Pinoy and Polynesians), Negroid (many Latinos and Polynesians), Amer. Indian (Latinos).