Copying black culture????

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » April 17th, 2007, 1:10 pm

George wrote: But honestly,
do people really expect say an Asian guy to sit at home, wear silk pajamas and a straw hat while walking around with chopsticks and do front flips with kung fu kicks included?
LOL! Yep...thats how it should be. Back to the roots! :lol: :lol:

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 17th, 2007, 1:13 pm

Teekay u dumb mothafucka....u nko how many rappers arent even from the states.
biggie smalls jamaican
papoose - sierra leon
n many more im not thinkin bout rite now

its a black thing homie...its like soul music or jazz....its all over africa ....research ur shit befo u speak

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 17th, 2007, 1:24 pm

white boi rap is black......ur think ur kind can be all hip hop

dress in a du rag,where some baggy pants, sag'em with some tims and a throw back.....and walk threw the black side of ur city look how the brotha's will react

OR

dress like them white boiz in corny soap oprahs

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 17th, 2007, 1:26 pm

n then come back on n give me a report

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 17th, 2007, 1:47 pm

http://www.jest.com/images/wigger2big.gif
yea w.e teekay :lol:

here ima give u a definition i found on that urban dictionary joint

wigger

A male caucasion, usually born and raised in the suburbs that displays a strong desire to emulate African American Hip Hop culture and style through "Bling" fashion and generally accepted "thug life" guiding principles.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » April 17th, 2007, 1:55 pm

Mcminister wrote:http://www.jest.com/images/wigger2big.gif

wigger

A male caucasion, usually born and raised in the suburbs that displays a strong desire to emulate African American Hip Hop culture and style through "Bling" fashion and generally accepted "thug life" guiding principles.
What do you call a Caucasian dude who grew up in the ghettos or projects and dresses like other people in his region?

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 17th, 2007, 2:07 pm

Mcminister wrote:Teekay u dumb mothafucka....u nko how many rappers arent even from the states.
biggie smalls jamaican
papoose - sierra leon
n many more im not thinkin bout rite now

its a black thing homie...its like soul music or jazz....its all over africa ....research ur shit befo u speak
first of all there are rappers all over the globe and they've created their own style off of american hip hop. brazil, france, germany, solvena, new zeland, austria, the list goes on. to say hip hop is an still african-american thing is total ignorance. its a global widespread industry, with many diverse followers.

also, eminem, one of the most influential rappers of all time, i dont think he "trys to be black" at all. he keeps his real identity, without trying to copy black people.

since when is papoose and biggie from anywhere else but brooklyn. they were both born in bed-stuy, making them at least first-generation african-americans. a real african rapper would be akon since he was born in dakar, senegal.

jazz is also another global, diverse genre of music with a ridiculous amount of styles, types of jazz, and diversities with in the genre. it was created in new orleans by african americans, but it grew to places all over the world and new styles are still being developed to this day. do you know how many other cultures have their own styles of jazz, listeners to jazz, and jazz players?

and everybody who likes rap music doesn't dress like a wanna-be gangster in the picture you posted. in fact, that baggy gangster style of clothing, went out like 2 years ago, and less and less people still dress like that, and it has nothing to do with hip hop. its more of a gangster thing than a rap thing, because when' the last time you seen kanye west, common, or lupe fiasco, three great rappers, trying to look like a thug?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 17th, 2007, 2:44 pm

^^I am pretty sure that by now there are more Rap Groups outside of the US then in the US.

king phoenix
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by king phoenix » April 17th, 2007, 5:40 pm

George wrote:
Mcminister wrote:http://www.jest.com/images/wigger2big.gif

wigger

What do you call a Caucasian dude who grew up in the ghettos or projects and dresses like other people in his region?

damn why no one aint answer this mans question? he gotta good point! i mean that particular white boy whouldnt be faking he would be living the life he knows!

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 17th, 2007, 8:05 pm

se11...i heard it on BET pap was born in africa n moved to the brook at an early age...where u get ur info from wikipedia

n who the F**k said i was born in Africa - ( i wudnt mind if i was)

only a white boi wud like to c another white boi on a rap cover...shit makes me wana throw up

feminem is a faggot...he can rap but i never ever will respect a white dude who called black grls niggaz and bitches....biggie ,tupac all talked buot mashin on the first white rapper rapping

why copy somethin made by people u hated discriminated and treated like shit

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 17th, 2007, 8:06 pm

goerge id call him a WHITE BOI

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 17th, 2007, 9:39 pm

se11 wrote: in fact, that baggy gangster style of clothing, went out like 2 years ago, and less and less people still dress like that, and it has nothing to do with hip hop. its more of a gangster thing than a rap thing, because when' the last time you seen kanye west, common, or lupe fiasco, three great rappers, trying to look like a thug?
I dont dress super baggy but I still have a little bit of bagginess going on. Its not extreme, but its not that super tight shit that those rich kids wear. And I wear it because I got tired of getting clowned on for wearing tight shit.

I heard that guys are now buying womens clothing and wearing it, not only that but they sag it. (Suburban kids)

oXJmAuPs2005Xo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oXJmAuPs2005Xo » April 17th, 2007, 10:38 pm

this shit is stupid i dont give a fuck about what nobody says about white people copying off other cultures anyone who is living in the U.S.A. is copying off white european culture from language to living principles i could go around actin like everybody is bitin off my shit and be racist about it but im not because i think that we as people need to do that shit to understand one another its supposed to be liek that we live in america

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 18th, 2007, 1:24 am

Mcminister wrote:
Ok, now if i havent treated blacks bad or hate them, why shouldnt i like the stuff?

I mean people should be happy that some people prefer to embrace other peoples culture instead of hating it, you know what i mean?

There is enough race hate BS around in the world already.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 18th, 2007, 1:46 am

Mcminister wrote: why copy somethin made by people u hated discriminated and treated like shit
Oh and another story i want to share....You know that i am from Germany and back in the Nazi days everything related to black culture was strictly forbidden, Jazz, Blues everything and many people used to have weird stereotypes about blacks because of all the propaganda, but when after WW2 the black soldiers came and brought it with them many people actually started liking it and went to Jazz clubs etc. and got rid of their old racist BS stereotypes. I remember the grandfather of a friend of mine saying it...He always thought of blacks as weird people, but once he fell in love with their music and food he was like fuck all this racist BS.
Now you tell me if thats a good thing or not.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 18th, 2007, 11:47 am

Mcminister wrote:se11...i heard it on BET pap was born in africa n moved to the brook at an early age...where u get ur info from wikipedia

n who the F**k said i was born in Africa - ( i wudnt mind if i was)

only a white boi wud like to c another white boi on a rap cover...shit makes me wana throw up

feminem is a faggot...he can rap but i never ever will respect a white dude who called black grls niggaz and women....biggie ,tupac all talked buot mashin on the first white rapper rapping

even if papoose was from africa, which i have never heard from anyone in my life, he still reps brooklyn.

wheather you like it or not, eminem has been more successful than almost any other rapper, except for a few, so your opinion really means nothing here.

you know that your views are totally moronic and biased, but you have to eventually realize that, because the more people hear you talk the less respect people will have for you, due to your clear ignorance on all matters attaining to this thread.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 18th, 2007, 12:54 pm

[quote="A Ghost"][quote="se11"] in fact, that baggy gangster style of clothing, went out like 2 years ago, and less and less people still dress like that, and it has nothing to do with hip hop. its more of a gangster thing than a rap thing, because when' the last time you seen kanye west, common, or lupe fiasco, three great rappers, trying to look like a thug?[/quote]

I heard that guys are now buying womens clothing and wearing it, not only that but they sag it. (Suburban kids)[/quote]

dudes(in certain hoods & suburbs) be rocking the baggy capri pants that was made by females...that trend started from a white tennis player

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 18th, 2007, 3:56 pm

se11 what makes u think i need respect on a website com'on

nelly is more successful than guru ...whose a better rapper or a better hip hop figure

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 18th, 2007, 4:00 pm

se11 why don u go to the back side of ur town n ask'em if they coo with white people rappin...dont ask the faggot go to the club/d4L/ get played by a bitch type brotha tho

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 18th, 2007, 5:19 pm

Mcminister wrote:se11 why don u go to the back side of ur town n ask'em if they coo with white people rappin...dont ask the faggot go to the club/d4L/ get played by a bitch type brotha tho
i haven't listened to anything from nelly since like 2001. eminem was like #3 or #4 on the all time record sales in hip hop list. why are you hating?

what is your problem? why are you so against anybody else rapping?

and clearly, clearly nobody on the planet cares what you think, because if they did rap would never leave the underground and it wouldn't be the multi-million dollar international industry that it is today.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 18th, 2007, 5:21 pm

Qdawg wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
se11 wrote: in fact, that baggy gangster style of clothing, went out like 2 years ago, and less and less people still dress like that, and it has nothing to do with hip hop. its more of a gangster thing than a rap thing, because when' the last time you seen kanye west, common, or lupe fiasco, three great rappers, trying to look like a thug?
I heard that guys are now buying womens clothing and wearing it, not only that but they sag it. (Suburban kids)
dudes(in certain hoods & suburbs) be rocking the baggy capri pants that was made by females...that trend started from a white tennis player
in a lot of places that i see, the baggy gangster fad is out, and now everybody is wearing some tight ass abercrombie shirt and some tight ass skin tight pants. it's like the "queer" fad is in.

kushsmoke
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kushsmoke » April 18th, 2007, 5:31 pm

se11 wrote:
and clearly, clearly nobody on the planet cares what you think, because if they did rap would never leave the underground and it wouldn't be the multi-million dollar international industry that it is today.
aka POP MUSIC.

AINT NO ONE LISTENS TO THE RADIO.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 18th, 2007, 6:29 pm

se11 wrote:
Qdawg wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
in a lot of places that i see, the baggy gangster fad is out, and now everybody is wearing some tight ass abercrombie shirt and some tight ass skin tight pants. it's like the "queer" fad is in.
My cousin lives in the burbs, she told me its called Emo

See what I mean with them tight ass girl pants.

I work at the mall now and they're verywhere

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » April 18th, 2007, 7:53 pm

:(
A Ghost wrote:
se11 wrote:
Qdawg wrote:
A Ghost wrote:

OMG! Make sure you tell that boy to STAY THE **** outta PRISON!!!!!!!!

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 18th, 2007, 7:54 pm

George wrote::(
A Ghost wrote:
se11 wrote:
Qdawg wrote:
A Ghost wrote:

OMG! Make sure you tell that boy to STAY THE **** outta PRISON!!!!!!!!
LMAO!!!!

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 18th, 2007, 9:37 pm

u kno wat u actually rite hip hop is dead...u gave me proof...white rappers killed it...and peole who think rappers are good coz of their records sold....if he wasnt white he wudnt be all that...lyrically alot of brotha's are way better than him

1 time we had a thread where people listed who the top 5 best rappers shud be i don remember 1 person sayin Feminem

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » April 21st, 2007, 8:17 am

Mcminister wrote:u kno wat u actually rite hip hop is dead...u gave me proof...white rappers killed it...and peole who think rappers are good coz of their records sold....if he wasnt white he wudnt be all that...lyrically alot of brotha's are way better than him
I've never been a fan of Eminem, but lyrically he is good. Can't really deny that. And you know he used to won all those freestyle battles he was in. If you wan't to go after some white rappers, you'll better choose someone else for an example...

But generally speaking I just hope that when you grow up (and get some self-esteem) you're not that damn close-minded anymore.....

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 21st, 2007, 7:10 pm

A Ghost wrote:
se11 wrote:
Qdawg wrote:
A Ghost wrote:

the gay fashion stuff is not emo (even thought emo kids wear girls pants)

emo is crazy white girls cutting themselves and feeling lame about life and stuff. a lot of mexican girls in emo too.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 21st, 2007, 7:37 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
se11 wrote:
Qdawg wrote:
A Ghost wrote:

the gay fashion stuff is not emo (even thought emo kids wear girls pants)

emo is crazy white girls cutting themselves and feeling lame about life and stuff. a lot of mexican girls in emo too.
They actually cut themselves? :shock:

SMH

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 21st, 2007, 7:44 pm

sorta exaggerating (some actually do though)

but it's mostly white and mexican girls thining life is lame and doing weird stuff as a result of that thinking. more than half the time they're not serious about it but it's weird all the same

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 21st, 2007, 7:46 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:sorta exaggerating (some actually do though)

but it's mostly white and mexican girls thining life is lame and doing weird stuff as a result of that thinking. more than half the time they're not serious about it but it's weird all the same

:shock:

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 21st, 2007, 7:50 pm

"I hate music where white people are trying to sound black. The white music I like [sounds] white" - kanye west

puna master do u kno wtf self esteem is

stay off black people dick

u think ill ever change my opinion ur crazy man.....