Gang Tapes (2001)

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Gang Tapes (2001)

Unread post by whitekid » August 29th, 2003, 12:33 pm

I seen this in blokkbuster, its about a white family going throught iner Los Angeles and they get jacked and they record drive bys n stuff like that, i wana see this, any one heard of it?

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Gang tapes

Unread post by wcrockets » August 29th, 2003, 2:40 pm

Yes. I thought it was silly. But I could see the scenario happening.

Pershing
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Pershing » August 29th, 2003, 10:59 pm

That movie is really disturbing. They shoot a homeless guy on the side of a street for nothing.

whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whitekid » August 29th, 2003, 11:07 pm

hahah

Ridah
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Ridah » September 4th, 2003, 11:24 am

DO THEY bang specific gangs..is it real...documentary?...acting?>.....and if it is acting do they bang real cali gangs or just made up shit...dead homies was good cuzz though it was acting it was still based on swan and eastcoast beef....with interviews inbetween the scenes....

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » September 14th, 2003, 3:30 pm

its just like banged out, this movie is very stupid

omack
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by omack » September 22nd, 2003, 7:13 pm

I was wondering if it was worth renting this movie.

DNice
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: nah

Unread post by DNice » October 1st, 2003, 10:41 pm

gang tapes is fake lol it is a hodo called east side riders in watts b4, and the one dude in gang tapes umm the dark bald headed one i forgot his name oh yeah cerial he really bangs i think he from grape i dont remember

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » October 6th, 2003, 9:57 am

those movies is BS...you wana see the streets, go to the streets.

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » October 8th, 2003, 1:53 pm

he aint from grapes but his cousins is from grape

sneb101
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by sneb101 » December 1st, 2003, 9:21 pm

this movie was terrible, they tried to make it seem "real" as if this gangster would go around taping drug deals hits and everything else. the acting was also terrible. all around bad movie

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » January 23rd, 2004, 5:09 pm

yea it was lame

kingd662

Gang Tapes

Unread post by kingd662 » April 20th, 2004, 1:49 pm

How do peeps on this site feel about this movie?

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Gang Tapes

Unread post by blkjoker » April 20th, 2004, 2:06 pm

kingd662 wrote:How do peeps on this site feel about this movie?
What movie? If you want to talk about movies there is a section for that.

kingd662

Unread post by kingd662 » April 20th, 2004, 2:50 pm

My bad, can't find it

TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TomTom » April 20th, 2004, 8:39 pm

IT WAS ALLRIGHT…NOT MUCH THO..BUT ALLRIGHT..

Azn Gook
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Azn Gook » May 1st, 2004, 6:14 pm

lol cant find it lol hahah

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » November 23rd, 2004, 6:39 pm

i watched it twice and its an allright movie. nothing like boyz n the hood or menace ii society, but it was ok. it was about a 14 year old growing up in watts and he chills with gang members but also does things with him mom. it had some good parts, but it was nothin special.

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cbi562 » November 23rd, 2004, 11:35 pm

I will always think of this movie as the king. You cant even imagine how many niggas from my hood that movie profiled cuzz. I see them young niggas comin up the same way this movie was made.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » November 23rd, 2004, 11:38 pm

cbi562 wrote:I will always think of this movie as the king. You cant even imagine how many niggas from my hood that movie profiled cuzz. I see them young niggas comin up the same way this movie was made.
ur from the area of the movie was made? where was exactly was that, in imperial courts? i aint from LA but got a cousin out their and when i was talkin to him the other day he said he thought it was imperial courts or somewhere around there

Grape2ThaBone
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Grape2ThaBone » November 25th, 2004, 1:38 am

it wuz around jordan downs........

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » November 26th, 2004, 7:11 pm

I went for a stroll around Joirdon Downs once and I ddint see any gangs or miscalleous youth. I'm only 20 by the way and white.

by the way, notice how most of the houses seemed nice in that hood. SO why the need for criminala ctivity if their mom supported them?

Grape2ThaBone
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Grape2ThaBone » November 26th, 2004, 7:23 pm

yeah u didnt go in the jordan downs tho u just walked down 103rd , of course u aint gonna see shit, i already adressed u on this shit about 100 times go inside the actual jordan downs and see wut happens, and u can ax yo lil question to them over there , stop makin it seem like the hood dont move nothin nigga u wanna see some riders walk inside the JDs stop strollin around the perimiter on a main ass street

Chris.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Chris. » November 26th, 2004, 8:11 pm

Invincible wrote:I went for a stroll around Joirdon Downs once and I ddint see any gangs or miscalleous youth. I'm only 20 by the way and white.

by the way, notice how most of the houses seemed nice in that hood. SO why the need for criminala ctivity if their mom supported them?
Dont mind this dude...he's just givin you instructions to do something he's never done cuzz..

He doesnt even have a hood name...doesnt that tell you he aint from grape?

Grape2ThaBone
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Grape2ThaBone » November 28th, 2004, 12:04 am

shutup punk yo scary ass never seen the downs in yo life, quit takin yo anger out on me cuz niggaz would beat yo ass there, not my fault u a WEENIE tell yo cryin ass bitch made niggaz on that other site i said Watts up and fuc a slobk nigga

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » November 28th, 2004, 1:01 am

Invincible wrote:I went for a stroll around Joirdon Downs once and I ddint see any gangs or miscalleous youth. I'm only 20 by the way and white.

you probably didn't walk through it. i can't say too much about jordan downs cause i never personally been their. but it ain't no pussy place. jus cause it looks nice from across the street doesn't mean anything.

Chris.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Chris. » November 28th, 2004, 12:16 pm

Grape2ThaBone wrote:shutup punk yo scary ass never seen the downs in yo life, quit takin yo anger out on me because niggaz would beat yo ass there, not my fault u a WEENIE tell yo cryin ass bitch made niggaz on that other site i said Watts up and fuc a slobk nigga
Cuzz go tell Casper to send the message, cuzz you had jokes and shitt but you killed it and pulled a bitch move when we saw your chat with kev, cuzz that shitt gay and shiitty. "Come on I had respect for you" lol, lil busta. I dont go to the downs cuzz i dont bang there and nobody ever touched me from grape or any other watts hood so go find another dic to hang on to and cry homie

Light_skin_boi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Light_skin_boi » November 28th, 2004, 4:41 pm

i thought it was a good movie.. it looked pretty real...

Grape2ThaBone
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Grape2ThaBone » November 28th, 2004, 10:01 pm

of course nobody gon touch u cuz u dont bang punk ass WEENIE

nigga i just said that shit cuz that nigga kev start cryin n shit niggaz feelins wuz hurt, nigga banned me n shit talkin bout " no respect" u there every day suckin his dick nigga get real with yo self just like u need to get real with yo sorry ass non factor of a hood u trying to claim but aint from becuz niggaz aint heard of lil nasty 2 u nasty ass fag

Chris.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Chris. » November 28th, 2004, 11:33 pm

Nigga shut yo markass up stop makin excuses cuzz, you aintt talked to nobody hood or they wouldve beat you ass and jacced you in a second hookass vallejo wannabe grape street, i aint succin his dic, you already did bitchass nigga, stop gettin mad and tell him what you think i aint kevmac, and cuzz at leat i got a hood name, you dont even have one bitchass nigga

Grape2ThaBone
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Grape2ThaBone » November 29th, 2004, 9:05 am

u suck his dick every day on the website nigga shutup, yea u got a hood name that u made up for yo self cuz nobody from 43 heard of it u fake ass nigga u dont even bangu live in harlem hood , u a WEENIE nigga the neighborhood nerd quit actin hard online, this real deal baby loc nigga we aint playin games with u bitch ass niggaz loc

Chris.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Chris. » November 29th, 2004, 7:06 pm

Cuzz you just a fag cuzz, so Im gonna stop wastin my time with you cuzz, you say you saw the homies and asked them about me, nigga shutup!
The homies wouldve jacced your markass in 3 seconds nigga we dont fuc around with wannabe hooks and marks nigga we stay rollin on the Eastside nigga, you dont believe nigga holla, you said you told the homies 43k nigga now I know you stupid cuzz how you sound? Nigga you hella funny cuzz, nigga so what if im livin in Harlem 30's hood nigga, you sposed to be a grape livin in Vallejo!!! shouldve never brought that up...
You said you wanna beat me up or whup my ass whatever then cuzz, thats on Gangsters you here tryin to impress frauds and fakes just like you...
If you wanted to catch the fade, you wouldve been told me your hood name, cuzz i have 2 close relatives from Grape and we couldve set it up, but you always avoid that, thats how I know your just bitchin and actin gay...
Secondly, I will be kiccin it on 23 and Adam come holla, if you want tell Casper to give you my hookup and we can get it craccin loc on Gangsters