old west side gangs

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Chapin
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

old west side gangs

Unread post by Chapin » May 21st, 2004, 5:20 am

ok i know clanton is a old gang from pico union, 18st has been around since the late 60's. and u got playboys on pico, i heard they been around for along time too. Rebels in hollywood are a old gang, diamond street and temple street are old gangs too.

what other gangs from the west side have been around for along time? does anyone know if there were gangs that died out in the 70's or 80s on this side of town?

peace!

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: old west side gangs

Unread post by GIBBY » May 21st, 2004, 7:05 am

Chapin wrote:ok i know clanton is a old gang from pico union, 18st has been around since the late 60's. and u got playboys on pico, i heard they been around for along time too. Rebels in hollywood are a old gang, diamond street and temple street are old gangs too.

what other gangs from the west side have been around for along time? does anyone know if there were gangs that died out in the 70's or 80s on this side of town?

peace!
Some other old WS barrios are Alpine St (died out), Bunker Hill (died out), La Loma (died out), Chavez Ravine (died out), Bueadry Boys(died out), 38th St, Venice 13, and Sotel13, Echo Park Locos.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » May 21st, 2004, 10:26 am

Some gangs that died out in the 70's were: The Brotherhood, The Yellow Brotherhood. Frogtown was definitely around.

Some gangs that died out in the 80's were: La Mirada Hustlers, etc. Well here on the West, there was a lot of movement and sprouting up of a lot of gangs. This could be a long list...but really a lot of gangs sprouted up from the old gangs or to battle old gangs.

Some gangs that died out in the 90's were: Red Hands, Bonnie Brae Locos, Street Criminals, Virginia St. Locos, Tear Drop Locos, AHTS or Angelino heights, Westside Locos13, etc. Then again there were a lot of taggers or smaller gangs that got pushed into or absorbed into bigger gangs.

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » May 21st, 2004, 11:45 am

WASSUP BIG DUSTY LOCO, YOU WERE SPEAKIN ON ANGELINO HEIGHTS DYIN OUT IN THE 90'S IN LA. SOME OF THOSE CATS STARTED UP A CLICKA IN SACRAMENTO. JUST FOR YO INFO HOMIE.

HERE'S THE LINK IF YOU WANT TO CHECK IT OUT

http://www.cpixel.com/searchp.asp?perso ... NO_HEIGHTS - 12k

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » May 21st, 2004, 2:25 pm

sup GTS??? Man, that's crazy. This gangbanging chit gotta stop spreading...

Chapin
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chapin » May 21st, 2004, 6:28 pm

ey thanks for the reply big dusty loco and gibby. Gibby can u give us a date on the gangs u mentioned that died out, on how far they go back?
bunker hill is right in downtown no? thanks

peace!

Chapin
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chapin » May 21st, 2004, 6:34 pm

i also remember hearing about a gang called arapahoe boys that existed in the late 70s early 80s............anyone else hear about this Barrio?

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » May 22nd, 2004, 9:18 am

Chapin wrote:ey thanks for the reply big dusty loco and gibby. Gibby can u give us a date on the gangs u mentioned that died out, on how far they go back?
bunker hill is right in downtown no? thanks

peace!
All those hoods go back to the 40s except Venice13,Sotel13,and Echo Park. They came out later. Chavez Ravine died out when they built Dodger Stadium. I believe they went on into ExP. The other hoods were in the Downtown/Belmont/Rampart area. These hoods died out by the 50s/60s/ when DST and TST became and stil are the dominant barrios in that area. Big Top Locos has been making a move latley over there.

Chapin
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chapin » June 11th, 2004, 9:16 am

who would have controlled the mac arthur park area back in the 60/70's?? clanton? 18st?

peace!

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » June 14th, 2004, 12:33 pm

Chapin wrote:who would have controlled the mac arthur park area back in the 60/70's?? clanton? 18st?

peace!
In the early 60s I would say Mcarthur Park would be most frequeinted by Clantone and Temple. 18 came out in the late 60s

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » June 15th, 2004, 9:23 pm

No one ever mentions 5th Hill, they are an old barrio from right there in the middle of downtown LA. They are not that active but they do have a few guys left.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » June 15th, 2004, 9:59 pm

yeah, no one even really noticed them back in the day either...LOL.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » June 16th, 2004, 3:22 am

I SAW MANY 5 HILLS GRAFITIS AROUND WATTS IN IMPERIAL JUST FROM NICKERSON GARDEN TO THE STATION ITS WAS CROSSED BY CYCOS 13 AND YOU HAD IT COVERED ALL OVER THAT AREA

Chapin
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chapin » June 16th, 2004, 1:44 pm

5th hill, are they even around anymore?? ive never met or seen anyone from this gang, but i know a few people who claim to have been hit up by some of them at a bus stop dowtown,lol, but that was along time ago. i have seen their graffiti around downtown thoe.

Does anyone know how old 5th hill is??

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » August 8th, 2004, 7:55 pm

BIG DUSTY LOCO wrote:Some gangs that died out in the 70's were: The Brotherhood, The Yellow Brotherhood. Frogtown was definitely around.

Some gangs that died out in the 80's were: La Mirada Hustlers, etc. Well here on the West, there was a lot of movement and sprouting up of a lot of gangs. This could be a long list...but really a lot of gangs sprouted up from the old gangs or to battle old gangs.

Some gangs that died out in the 90's were: Red Hands, Bonnie Brae Locos, Street Criminals, Virginia St. Locos, Tear Drop Locos, AHTS or Angelino heights, Westside Locos13, etc. Then again there were a lot of taggers or smaller gangs that got pushed into or absorbed into bigger gangs.
I remember their was a handful of VLS(Virginia st LocoS) in Palmdale in the mid-ninties. One of them used to kick it with me and the homies all the time. We were all from different hoods.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 9th, 2004, 5:10 pm

Chapin wrote:5th hill, are they even around anymore?? ive never met or seen anyone from this gang, but i know a few people who claim to have been hit up by some of them at a bus stop dowtown,lol, but that was along time ago. i have seen their graffiti around downtown thoe.

Does anyone know how old 5th hill is??
CINCO LOMAS aka:FIFTH & HILL started out if I remember correctly in 77 or 78, right around when that cheech and chong movie "up in smoke" came out, back in the day when all those theatres downtown would play up to 3 movies & you could light up inside with no real fuss from anyone, and hordes of gangsters would be on different theatres every weekend. Those were the days when 5H started out with lots of people in their ranks.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 5th, 2004, 8:58 pm

Anybody ever heard of ML varrio MAS LOCOS, and WL varrio WESTSIDE LOCO ? "not the west side locos".

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » September 5th, 2004, 11:09 pm

GIBBY wrote:
Chapin wrote:ok i know clanton is a old gang from pico union, 18st has been around since the late 60's. and u got playboys on pico, i heard they been around for along time too. Rebels in hollywood are a old gang, diamond street and temple street are old gangs too.

peace!
Some other old WS barrios are Alpine St (died out), Bunker Hill (died out), La Loma (died out), Chavez Ravine (died out), Bueadry Boys(died out), 38th St, Venice 13, and Sotel13, Echo Park Locos.
THERES A SUM OG ALPINE ST THAT GOT OUT OF PRISON AND BE WALKING AROUND CHINA TOWN WEARING BLUE RAGS. BUT THEY DONT GO GANG BANGIN OR NOTHIN. THE MOST THEY DO IS TAGG AROUND WITH CRAYONS. WAS THE BUNKER HILL GANG ONE OF THEM OLDER ESE HOODS THAT USE TO ROAM CHINA TOWN?? CUHS THERES A STREET IN CHINA TOWN NAMED BUNKER HILL. LA LOMAS ARE GETTING DEEP AGAIN AROUND SOLANO ST. SO I DONT KNO ABOUT THEM DYING OUT ANYMORE. THEY BE GOING AROUND TAGGING THERE. THEY KICK IT AT ELYSIAN PARK AND THIS ONE PARK ON SOLANO, 4GOT THE NAME OF THAT PARK THO.

FLACO TSTX3
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by FLACO TSTX3 » January 26th, 2007, 4:23 pm

Temple Street - 1923
In the Westside id say its Temple and Clanton are The very first.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 26th, 2007, 4:38 pm

OK La Loma, Alpine St, Tear Drop Lokos, Varrio Solitre Rifa are officialy dead. I'm curious about Beudry Boys and Bunker Hill Gang though...Can anybody spit some history? O yea Angelino Heights are back but aren't nothing big.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 26th, 2007, 4:49 pm

Im curious about The Yellow Brotherhood too...

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » January 26th, 2007, 11:56 pm

NikexCortez wrote:Im curious about The Yellow Brotherhood too...
Consisted of yellow asians (japs/chinese)...check ADAP for a few of those dudes...LOL.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » January 27th, 2007, 7:16 pm

YB is only a basketball team now. they still have functions (grown folks functions) from what i heard.

What is ADAP?

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » January 28th, 2007, 4:01 pm

Does anybody control the dodger stadium general area? Is that area considered koreatown?

thanks in advance 8)

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 28th, 2007, 4:44 pm

^^ Haha Korea Town wtf. Thats close to China Town. Dodger Stadium is like where a few gangs are devided. EXP, OBS/LCM, AHTS/DFO, and OLBZ. So all them gangs would consider that block their hood. Everybody had some history there.

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » January 28th, 2007, 5:06 pm

my bad..haha...i meant china town... :lol:

thanks for the info...whenever i have been in that area, i really dont see too many people out and about...but more back into hollywood its pretty packed with people in the streets.

brownpridesac
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: afghanistan

Unread post by brownpridesac » January 22nd, 2013, 4:25 am

@ big dusty ahts didnt die out , google it they are very active are you even in the streets or in your rocking chair?

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 22nd, 2013, 7:29 am

this was/is a good ol thread

need more of 'em like this right here

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » January 27th, 2013, 3:49 pm

Bunker Hill is ancient. That gang dates back to the 1910's. That's pre-Chuco. Vatos were rocking that old dead end kid stlyle back then.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » March 11th, 2013, 10:25 pm

Harpys might go back to the 1950s

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”