Grape Street Watts Crip

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: When did Grape street become Crips?

Unread post by wattscrackin » September 26th, 2003, 2:15 pm

if ure referring to when they starting using the word crip in the set name then sometime after 87, but they wuz basically always crip in a sense they wore blue and purple also

before grape street crip they were using WVG Watts Varrio Grape, i dont know why they broke off and changed the title to crip it could of been due to some differences the Mexicans (varrio grape) snitched on grape st crips a while ago, i heard grape st rode on them after that and they got them in check now

by the way Watts Varrio Grape still exists it is a Mexican gang now, they share their turf with Grape Street Crips

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by G bka C.rum » September 26th, 2003, 2:40 pm

Do the Mexicans wear purple too?

whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whitekid » September 26th, 2003, 3:29 pm

yes thanks much props.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » September 26th, 2003, 10:12 pm

Yeah Watts Varrio Grape Street was first. It was a Chicano gang that allowed down blacks in. You see the Chicano in Watts showed them heads what banging was about back then and put them on the hood. Then the crips in Watts adopted their style, dress, grafitti etc and tried to make there own deal, but what else is new 8)

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » September 29th, 2003, 7:38 pm

^^^ u know nothin about Watts, the blacks wuz bangin before the Mexicans moved into the projects(watts)i.e. Jordan
Downs Crips, dont come on here putting false information to boost ure ego homie, i didnt know u wuz childish like that, be a man and stop playin stupid games

wizard wond
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wizard wond » September 29th, 2003, 7:52 pm

GIBBY wrote:Yeah Watts Varrio Grape Street was first. It was a Chicano gang that allowed down blacks in. You see the Chicano in Watts showed them heads what banging was about back then and put them on the hood. Then the crips in Watts adopted their style, dress, grafitti etc and tried to make there own deal, but what else is new 8)

I don't mind giving props when they are due, but.... Gibby, you're putting some extra s&*t on it, bro. For the record Grape Street always was Crips. Meaning the Chicanos who created the set were cholos without a doubt, but, those Blacks were there from the start and were always Crips. They were just like the Chicanos, ridahs without a hood. Thgey couldn't be Colonias so they created they're own varrio.

I think I said this before, but I'll say it again (hopefully for the last time), Grape Street did not originate in the Jordan Downs, It started on Grape Street, between 107th Street and Santa Ana. On that block there were young down Chicanos who wanted to make noise, but there was also young Blacks who were Crip by nature ie. family and location who also wanted to start ruckus.

Now I'll give respect, Mexican/cholo style was full of flavor ie. dress, graffitti, so that flavor was dominate at the beginning. However I must stress, there were Crips in the hood prior to that and they were hitting hard, harder than the Chicanos. Chicanos had fashion and style, but Blacks were knocking mf's out, str8 up. So, when you say Blacks were put on the set and taught how to bang..., I have to say you're full of s*&t, no disrespect, but I was there and I know.

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » September 29th, 2003, 7:56 pm

thank you, and welcome back homie

somebody need to put these fools in check, millenium bangers...

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » September 30th, 2003, 10:27 am

wattscrackin wrote:thank you, and welcome back homie

somebody need to put these fools in check, millenium bangers...
Aaint nobody getting checked but you :shock: Did you just read what your homie from Watts said ..."Now I'll give respect, Mexican/cholo style was full of flavor ie. dress, graffitti, so that flavor was dominate at the beginning..." Your the joker talking about "Crips started wearing baggy pants when Mexicans were wearing tighties LOLOLOL". The whole purpose of the first post was to discuss gang culture, which you swear was started by blacks LOL. Now to Wizard, Im basing my info about WVG FIRST being a chicano gang which include blacks on my homie Sean from High schools bro, who was a black vato from WVG, Oso from WVG who I went to school with in East LA occupational center, Big Buckwheat from Colonia. If they all are putting a ther own little flavor on it then I am wrong too. Now when I said that WVG taught blacks "banging was about back then and put them on the hood" I did not mean they taught them how to fight and pull a trigger, if thats how you took it. Al Capone and Luciano were doing drive bys way back when. I am talking about gang culture (ie Cressed Khakis, House slippers, Grafitti, Slang etc etc etc. Now since you you claim to have been there from the beginning, ley me know your take on what was happeneing back then, and what role chicanos played on the influnce of crips/nloods in LA. Paz ps do you have a brother named sean?

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » September 30th, 2003, 2:03 pm

Ha ha...it looks like theirs a lil too much pride going on here. Imagine all the Grape Street Crips who hate Mexicans...when they finally learn their varrio was started as WVGst...LOL. Maybe they'll change their sets name to erase the memory of being started off by Mexicans? I mean is it that much hate you can't admit or give props to your Vets?

Respect can only be understood and be mutual between MEN. Not lil immature boys, or close-minded individuals.

Gibby, I dig what you were talking about the various tribes. I think most of us that come from tribes would be able to understand each other, we have a lot in common. It's the ones that come from lost tribes with no sense of self-knowledge, them cats are forever lost to the streets. Streets can't raise boys to men, only tribes with rules and regulations can do it. Streets just hold animals that prey on others. Stay up Gibby.

To all arguing about this topic, listen to what each person has to say. Debate it with facts, not emotion.

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » September 30th, 2003, 2:46 pm

i aint got checked about sh*t
i never said crips wuz wearin baggy pants u must not know how to read, i said they wuz saggin first
and like u said that wuz another post, there wuz no need to bring that post onto here
this question that wuz ax'd got nothin to do with it, i told u i wuz done with that post

wut "slang" did the Mexicans teach in WVG? lol
taught em how to bang? lol

big dusty loco i know u aint talkin about me cuz i aint never said i "hate"d Mexicans , i give props to all the OGs of Grape St. chicano or black, u seem to keep followin gibby's comments towards me homie i aint got nothin against u just kick on back no need to get all up on my sh*t

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » September 30th, 2003, 3:22 pm

wattscrackin wrote:i aint got checked about sh*t
i never said crips wuz wearin baggy pants u must not know how to read, i said they wuz saggin first
and like u said that wuz another post, there wuz no need to bring that post onto here
this question that wuz ax'd got nothin to do with it, i told u i wuz done with that post

wut "slang" did the Mexicans teach in WVG? lol
taught em how to bang? lol

big dusty loco i know u aint talkin about me because i aint never said i "hate"d Mexicans , i give props to all the OGs of Grape St. chicano or black, u seem to keep followin gibby's comments towards me homie i aint got nothin against u just kick on back no need to get all up on my sh*t
This is what you said ."..baggy pants originated by Mexicans? last time i checked eses wore some tight ass pants up to their stomach
blacks were the ones to first start saggin they pants". So whats the inplication sherlock? That "Mexicans" dont wear baggy pants, but tight pants, and that people wearing baggy pants today is not influenced by "Mexicans", when INFACT IT IS. You think cholos wear tight pants LOL. The other implication is that "blacks" started the trend of baggy pants, because in order to sag, they cant be tight but baggy. The funny thing is you contradict yourself because you say you "give props to all the OGs of Grape St chicano or black", but on another post you said ..."i dont really care for or want a "true blue southsiders" respect homie so take it for wut it is.." Well incase you dont know, the vatos from Watts Varrio Grape Street are "true blue southsiders". So which one is it????? Do you only respect "true blue southsiders" from Grape? Your giving "props" to them, but you dont respect them or care for thier respect??? LOL

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » September 30th, 2003, 3:32 pm

lol u just gettin dumb now

just cuz u sag pants dont mean they baggy, u sag them cuz they aint baggy thats the whole reason fool

like i said i give props to the OGs of GRAPE St.

i dont give a damn about other southsiders respect

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » September 30th, 2003, 4:26 pm

Watts, I'm no netbanger. I come here to say my 2 bits and hear other peoples opinions. This all is getting redundant, so I'mma step off and let it be. I'm not here to prove I'm a tuff cat, I save that for the street when I stroll. I'm just here soakin' up some game and trying to return some in exchange...peace.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » September 30th, 2003, 4:34 pm

wattscrackin wrote:lol u just gettin dumb now

just because u sag pants dont mean they baggy, u sag them because they aint baggy thats the whole reason fool

like i said i give props to the OGs of GRAPE St.

i dont give a damn about other southsiders respect
:? :? :?

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » September 30th, 2003, 9:50 pm

big dusty loco i feel the same way

gibby, i got a b*tch from the south her grandpops used to crease his khakis and startch they jeans
he make her iron and crease everythang before she wear it, just how they present themselves, and he is from alabama
creased khakis didnt start with eses

and for house shoes/slippers i know damn sure that didnt start with ese's either lol u gotta be kiddin me

and that graffiti stuff came from NY, about the slang i already got at u about that

wut else u got to say? even tho this is way off topic go ahead

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » October 1st, 2003, 9:27 am

wattscrackin wrote:big dusty loco i feel the same way

gibby, i got a b*tch from the south her grandpops used to crease his khakis and startch they jeans
he make her iron and crease everythang before she wear it, just how they present themselves, and he is from alabama
creased khakis didnt start with eses

and for house shoes/slippers i know damn sure that didnt start with ese's either lol u gotta be kiddin me

and that graffiti stuff came from NY, about the slang i already got at u about that

wut else u got to say? even tho this is way off topic go ahead
THE MOST IDIOTIC STATEMENT OF THE YEAR AND IT GOES TO "WATTSCRACKIN"........ "and that graffiti stuff came from NY"...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Grafitti, Plakas,Tags, Murals,Block Letters etc was being used by Pachucos since the 40's....Your a joker man...You better ask somebody LOLOLOL

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » October 1st, 2003, 11:08 am

Just stopping by and seeing what's up. I checked with an older ese from Grape Street I know (he's in his late forties). He was a "key" inside and out on the street for years and he agreed with Gibby.

And well it is true that he's a changed man on a positive track now with a good job and trying to really help his family that's locked up get right so he's not active, he still was deep with the eses on Grape St for a long time so I believe him.

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » October 1st, 2003, 11:45 am

lol ok wow so ya'll made graffiti, thats about all u can say

i think the question to this topic has already been answered so lets put it to a rest

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » October 1st, 2003, 12:15 pm

wattscrackin wrote:lol ok wow so ya'll made graffiti, thats about all u can say

i think the question to this topic has already been answered so lets put it to a rest
The most classic quote by "Wattscrakin" on Streetgangs.com ...."and that graffiti stuff came from NY..." LOLOLOLOLOLOL

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » October 2nd, 2003, 7:59 am

wattscrakin' hip hop grafitti may come from new york but don't think gang grafittis are from the east .

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » October 2nd, 2003, 2:30 pm

yeah i know gang graffiti aint from the east, i wuz talkin about hip hop graffiti

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

different clics in Grape Street Watts Crip

Unread post by wattscrackin » November 1st, 2003, 2:02 pm

as far as i know there is Bandera Bloc Nine Seven, Peta Loc Squad, Peta Roll Squad, Dust Town Hawk, Dust Town Crip, Parolee Squad, the Nine Fives, and Watts Baby Loc

is there any that wuz left out? and i'm thinkin the main clic out of all those is Watts Baby Loc thats the deepest, theyre from the Jordan Downs area so u hear about them the most, maybe wizard can answer this, do they all clic up and ride together for Grape or is they more on a individual basis, is the Parolee Squad consisted entirely of parolees from Grape Street?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: different clics in Grape Street Watts Crip

Unread post by bgcasper » November 2nd, 2003, 7:21 am

ALL THE CLICCS YOU LISTED ARE BABY LOCS CLICCS

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » November 2nd, 2003, 9:47 pm

lol i know that

wizard wond
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wizard wond » November 4th, 2003, 1:25 am

Brothas, my knowlege in the set rest more in the origins as far as my days, i no longer live in the Great state of California or Califas. so as far as the Baby Locs r concerned, I have 2 ask questions just like u. I have a tight lil homie a bay loc, but hell he's in his 30's now and occasionally i talk with some of my homies. I have 5 seeds who I 'm concerned about and 2 be honest I've spent all their lives preachin anti gang shit 2 them. Still my 18 yrs old with my name choose u run with a group of wanna be 60's out here. Never even seen that hood, hoodstas, bg Casper, I need some advise cuzzz, lol. he swear he ain't banging but my 16 yr old tells me different. What the f%$ck. U fools may end up like this after 18 yrs. of of resistance, is it in the genes r what?

wizard wond
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wizard wond » November 4th, 2003, 1:26 am

bgCasper that s&%t ain't funny, lol. u try but .....

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » November 4th, 2003, 8:47 am

LOL A H60DSTA LOLOLOL WELL BUY HIM A SEATLE MARINA CAP FOR CHRISTMAS LOL NO SHIT ... I WISH HE WILL KEEP IT WANNA BE ...I MEAN YEAH ITS IN THE GENE MY FIRST SON JUST BORN 1 WEEK AGO AND HE IS THROWIN HAND SIGNS WHILE DRINKIN HIS MILK CUZZ I JUST WISH HE GONNA CLAIM THE SOUTH LOLOLOLOL

TINY_ENNY
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TINY_ENNY » November 6th, 2003, 4:11 pm

Last edited by TINY_ENNY on May 28th, 2004, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wizard wond
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wizard wond » November 11th, 2003, 4:29 pm

That's true Tiny, several OG's from Grape Street lived and/or grew on 110th Street, as well as the PJ's too

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » November 11th, 2003, 7:11 pm

and i think its Dust Town Hawgs (DTH) not Dust Town Hawk

G-88

Grape street watts 103rd

Unread post by G-88 » January 28th, 2004, 12:35 pm

I've been to 20 states in my life and
half of them were flooded with niggaz
from w.v.g or grape street crip gang.