race war: blacks vs mexicans PART 2

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

race war: blacks vs mexicans PART 2

Unread post by alexalonso » December 5th, 2003, 12:14 pm

Becasue of the popularity of this topic I am continuing it here because that last thread became very long and some of the comments near the end were off the topic. I locked the other thread so continue here on he issue of Black v. Mexicans.

What realy is going on in Los Angeles right now between Blacks and Mexicans? Is the tension building up in South LA between the two groups? Is it only within the gang culture this tension exists? And where are there examples of this tension ocurring? Does this tension exists outside of Los Angeles and California? If so where?

I saw that Compton, Venice and Fontana were mentioned in the other thread. And is it fair to call this a "race war" considering what that phrase means in American history?

If if there is tension between the two groups, how did it begin?
Last edited by alexalonso on December 5th, 2003, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: race war: blacks vs mexicans PART 2

Unread post by E`S`T » December 5th, 2003, 1:53 pm

part 2 here we go! I think the problem has always been there; it just exploded on to the L.A scene big time in the 90's. at Gardena high, Locke high, and a few other schools I remember hearing about it. Gangs just intensify and solidify it. When my hood was going at it with the tortilla flats, we would roll through and not find any of them cause they went to Compton and rolled with the cvtf to bang on fruit town. The Torrance flats never hung with the Compton flats but when it came to vs. black gang thing, they were willing and ready. I know fruit town and tf serve each other but with Hispanic families being big and having close ties, to lose a loved one to a black gang or to anybody in general, I can see where the resentment starts and peacefulness ends. Also, Blacks and Mexicans are #1 and #2 in this country as far as minorities go. With such large numbers it was only a matter of time before the drama started. peace

InterestedGuy

Unread post by InterestedGuy » December 5th, 2003, 7:30 pm

Hello all,

This is an interesting and good discussion because it's really tragic on all sides. Again, I must re-iterate that I have no gang affiliations, I just used to have friends a long time ago that were into gangs and I lived in Southern California in the past, so these things I have an interest in.

I don't profess to know everything so please correct me if I speak wrongly, but there were some things I read in the past and would like more clarification on.

In regards to this original topic, growing up in the 80's I hardly ever heard about widespread Black/Mexican racial conflicts. I'm not saying they didn't happen but it seemed like out on the streets gangs pretty much kept things under control. It seems like the L.A. riots was a turning point. After that things got worse and worse.

I remember reading a newspaper article in one of the major San Francisco newspapers back in 1996. They were interviewing a gang leader and he was discussing the issue of rising Black/Mexican gang violence. Apparently some of the EME higher ups were particularly incensed that Black gangs (8 tre??) were beating up innocent Latino civilians during the riots. We all remember those shocking images of gang members assaulting people out on the street. I think after that, things were never the same, and it just added one level of animosity to others that were already there (factors already mentioned such as growing Latino population vs. Black population, gang rivalries, the rising strength and influence of prison gangs, etc. etc.).

I'm sure both sides feel as if the other are the one's to blame, that the other side unfairly targets civilians and whatnot. I think it goes both ways, but it has spiraled out of control so much and has gone on for so long that people honestly don't know who started what. This debate can also be applied to other racial conflicts (TRG vs. ESL, etc.).

I also read not too long ago that Illinois (Chicago?) is having the same racial problems with their gang conflicts, that Hispanic gangs there are targetting Black gangs and vice versa that has spilled over onto civilian lines.

What I find most tragic is the inability of the mainstream media to pay more attention to this problem. It seems that if White people are not involved, no one cares a hoot what race kills or butchers the other. I care.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » December 5th, 2003, 8:53 pm

Most of the hordes of wealthy suburbanites driving their Lexus, Mercedes, and BMW's to work don't even know it's going on. They are ignorant of this topic and most, if they knew, wouldn't slow down to do anything about it. They are busy working their jobs, going to their churches/social organizations and raising their families. They see conflict in the news but everything's lumped together into one word: crime. To them, that means they need to hire more law enforcement to protect themselves. They don't understand the subtilties of what's going on in the streets of urban cities. The areas where the Black vs Raza conflict is played out is where they don't go and if they do the car doors are locked and the windows are up.

Now the blue collar working class is a whole different story. They know what's up and watch this played out on the street and, for the most part, don't want anything to do with it.

In both categories are some white people involved with helping to better the situation. I'm in this category.

That about sums it up from my perspective. Now back to the those involved perspective. Please share.

InterestedGuy

Unread post by InterestedGuy » December 5th, 2003, 9:56 pm

You make a lot of insightful posts and replies wcrockets, by my statements I didn't mean to imply that ALL White people didn't care about the problems of gangs and violence. What I was trying to state was that I feel as if the mainstream MEDIA doesn't care about these incidents of violence as long as it is minority gang members killing each other and innocent civilians/bystanders.

World News Tonight isn't going to give a darn or television coverage to minority gang violence. Remember, though, when that little White child Stephanie Kuehns (sp) was killed by a Latino gang member when a group of them confronted the occupants of the car she was riding in the back of? I think this happened back in 1995, in Southern California somewhere. It made nationwide news, as well as front page pictures of major magazines.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » December 5th, 2003, 10:14 pm

Yes interestedguy. It's true. I was running around alviero street los angeles and Echo Park as a ten year old in the early 1970's all alone. I would play the first ever video game(s) with Black friends who had steel combs stuck in their afros (though they would never let me touch the afro or the comb though I tried in my ten year old curiosity back then) and then run off to play with the kids of Mexican performers who had shows back then. My Dutch mother would eventually hunt me down and drag me back home for dinner.

What I can tell you about those days is there were a few one on one fights (honor was a big factor in those days) between Black and La Raza but mostly it was all looks. BDL is right in his rememberance. And I go back. By the way Interestedguy. You seem to have the right attitude. It is honest and real as if we were all together you would be the same way as you are here. Peace and welcome to the forum. Please respect those who have been in the game. They take point here.

N9ne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by N9ne » December 6th, 2003, 1:27 am

Jordan highschool had some riots that were supposedly black vs. mexicans

what have yall heard about that

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » December 6th, 2003, 12:38 pm

first wcr, and interested guy, both of you'll all right on point. I do remember when the Avenue's gang shot up that family car and that little girl died. America seemed to care then but as for the blacks and Hispancs dying every day in the calles, they seem to let us go at it. It's a funked up situation.

And for N9ne, yea I remember my first year at Carson high, there was a riot at Gardena High and rumors spread that innocent Mexicans and Blacks got hurt and then that shyt boiled over to Carson and the beef between ecbc 190 and VPLS just seemed to be enough fuel to start a mini riot. At first it was around 40 on 40 fighting then a gang of Hispanics and Blacks jumped in and that shyt was pretty big. Also, Locke High and South Gate had some beef going down there too. Anyone else?

Pershing.

Unread post by Pershing. » December 6th, 2003, 1:40 pm

I don't know where that's at but I heard that in Chino high school whites and mexicans have riots and fight after school. Whites from various places and mexicans get there and duke it out.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » December 6th, 2003, 1:50 pm

Pershing. wrote:I don't know where that's at but I heard that in Chino high school whites and mexicans have riots and fight after school. Whites from various places and mexicans get there and duke it out.
Where did you hear this from? Where is Chino High School, and are you talking about 2003 or 1980? Never heard about this. Does anyone else know.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » December 6th, 2003, 2:49 pm

alonso wrote:
Pershing. wrote:I don't know where that's at but I heard that in Chino high school whites and mexicans have riots and fight after school. Whites from various places and mexicans get there and duke it out.
Where did you hear this from? Where is Chino High School, and are you talking about 2003 or 1980? Never heard about this. Does anyone else know.

i think the CHINO high he's talking about is the chino by pomona calif. i think i remember hearing something once about that but since i only heard it that one time i didnt remember till perkins mentioned it now... its probably the 2003 cause it wasnt way back in 1980 when i heard about it...peace.

direeee
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by direeee » December 6th, 2003, 3:24 pm

samdoobie wrote:first wcr, and interested guy, both of you'll all right on point. I do remember when the Avenue's gang shot up that family car and that little girl died. America seemed to care then but as for the blacks and Hispancs dying every day in the calles, they seem to let us go at it. It's a funked up situation.

And for N9ne, yea I remember my first year at Carson high, there was a riot at Gardena High and rumors spread that innocent Mexicans and Blacks got hurt and then that shyt boiled over to Carson and the beef between ecbc 190 and VPLS just seemed to be enough fuel to start a mini riot. At first it was around 40 on 40 fighting then a gang of Hispanics and Blacks jumped in and that shyt was pretty big. Also, Locke High and South Gate had some beef going down there too. Anyone else?
My friend who graduated from Locke high last year said there was alot of racial tension, but he didnt mention any specific incidents.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » December 6th, 2003, 4:47 pm

I know in the Harbor Area right now the 190's are funkin HARD with Keystone. I have a friend who works at Hemingway Park in Carson and is cool with the 190's. He said that every other night the're going at it spraying each other. This incident right here could and probablly will lead to more racial shyt cause it spills into the pen. most times the beef starts on the streets and ends up spreading to schools, the joint, and so forth. Anyways, peace....

direeee
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by direeee » December 6th, 2003, 9:02 pm

Sam, i think i been hearing them every night. For the past few weeks i been hearing someone busting where i live near, but havent figured out who it is.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » December 7th, 2003, 2:04 am

Yes interested guy your point is noted. Let's not forget the recent incident in Compton with Aaron Hammer and how it ties into that perspective.

StateRaised and Pershing, lot of NLR up in the largest Youth Authority facility in this state which, surprise, is in Chino. They've been there since the early 80's and Chino ain't no joke for the youngsters. A state inspector general, appointed by Davis, uncovered a pattern of brutality at Chino, the state's largest youth prison. Changes were made to end some of that but I think some of tomorrow's leaders are going to come from Chino. They have both a men's and a women's prison there too.

One mother recounts:

"My son served 3-years in the California Youth Authority. He was successful for 6-months after his release. He committed residential burglaries from his family and neighbors. I convinced my neighbors to call the police. I was practicing "tough love." Shane turned himself into the police and returned the stolen property. I believed that by turning my son in, the police and the courts would help get him the treatment he needed. His family and neighbors all asked to have the charges dropped, only wanting him to get the help he needed. He pleaded guilty and served 18 months in Chino. He learned more about drugs, gangs and crime in prison than he knew before. He never received any treatment, counseling or rehabilitation, and he continued his drug use when he was released.
He was arrested again at age 28, for aiding and abetting. He was standing nearly 30-feet away from an acquaintance who sold $20.00 of crack cocaine to an undercover police officer. He was tried as a codefendant. As in all such cases, the codefendant was not allowed to testify on Shane's behalf--that he was not part of the selling. He was given a deal, a 2nd Strike and 4 years. However, the prosecutor acted like the deal never took place and my son was sentenced to 25 years to life.
He has a 6-year old son and has finally begun to mature. He now understands his addiction. But it is too late. He has been sentenced 25 years to life in prison. There are no family visits for any 3-Strike families and he will never be able to spend time with his son and will be limited to one 15 minute call a month."

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » December 7th, 2003, 2:37 am

Reminder: this string is about the tension between Mexican and Blacks, so keep these post on this topic. If you have another point start a new string. Thanks.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » December 7th, 2003, 7:00 am

euphanasia167 wrote:Sam, i think i been hearing them every night. For the past few weeks i been hearing someone busting where i live near, but havent figured out who it is.
Do you live in Carson or Compton border? If so I know that over their there are nice houses and all but you can easily got caught slippin. I mean it isn't nearly as bad as watts or cpt. but that area of Carson does have its moments. Anyways peace homie

direeee
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by direeee » December 7th, 2003, 10:11 am

I live right on the rail road tracks from Gardena high school.. 178, you know where that is?

direeee
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by direeee » December 7th, 2003, 10:13 am

Where are the nices houses you are talking about? I jsut moved in with my aunt here about 6 months and dont know the place to well cuz i been busy in college.. the house i live isnt to nice.. 150k or something but it isnt bad as my homies houses in cpt.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » December 7th, 2003, 11:45 am

yea I know where that is. i used to live on Denver Ave. off of Alondra and Figureoa. I'm talking about the nice houses being in Carson. Anyways I don't go to Gardena all that much anymore. Do you know any Gardena 13's? I know them fools be funkin hard with a lot of black gangs from cpt. and elsewhere. I went to Peary Jr. High for about a year.(91-92) Anyways peace homie

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » December 7th, 2003, 6:43 pm

I took a picture of some graffiti near Gardena of the PayBack Crips and they had CS13 crossed out. That is the hispanic gang in the area, so i guess PayBack crip, a black gang is fighting with CS, a hispanic gang.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » December 7th, 2003, 6:52 pm

first off ban this young boy. Second Alonso, I think CS13 stand for Cycos Trece. When I was going to Peary Jr. High there was some youngsters from there. Damn I didn't think they were around. I never knew where there hood was and I never heard of them since. Anyways peace.

InterestedGuy

Unread post by InterestedGuy » December 7th, 2003, 8:14 pm

[quote="wcrockets"]Yes interestedguy. It's true. I was running around alviero street los angeles and Echo Park as a ten year old in the early 1970's all alone. I would play the first ever video game(s) with Black friends who had steel combs stuck in their afros (though they would never let me touch the afro or the comb though I tried in my ten year old curiosity back then) and then run off to play with the kids of Mexican performers who had shows back then. My Dutch mother would eventually hunt me down and drag me back home for dinner.

What I can tell you about those days is there were a few one on one fights (honor was a big factor in those days) between Black and La Raza but mostly it was all looks. BDL is right in his rememberance. And I go back. By the way Interestedguy. You seem to have the right attitude. It is honest and real as if we were all together you would be the same way as you are here. Peace and welcome to the forum. Please respect those who have been in the game. They take point here.[/quote]

Thank you for the welcome wcrockets. Yes, I do respect the opinions and backgrounds of the veterans here like samdoobie, Big Dusty, and others who have been in the game.

Yes, as samdoobie points out, what happens in the streets filters through up the chain to prison and vice versa. When you have young, testosterone filled youth, anything can set people off, something minor can grow into something big. Actually, the gang world isn't too much different from other 'worlds.' I can say that there's a lot of beefing and hate and drama at my workplace over promotions and what people feel is disrespect by upper management. I mean, people are ready to go off.

I would like to know how others feel about the law really hammering down on gangs and specifically gang leadership. I know EME's really been targetted the past several years, I'm talking about senior leadership. Back in the day, as was stated before, it seemed as if gangs kept things in check, had what we would call a code of honor. I'm wondering if all of this has affected them, and if the newer generation of gangsters seem too eager to settle things with guns and violence.

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » December 8th, 2003, 2:17 am

I WANT TO RESPOND TO WHAT SAM DOOBIE SAID ON THE FIRST COMMENT SAYIN SOMETHIN LIKE THE MEXICANS ARE UNITED, WELL THIS WEEKEND I WAS IN SOUTH CENTRAL WITH MY POPS BECAUSE HE WORKS FOR WONDER BREAD AND HE IS cool WITH A LOT OF BLOODS, CRIPS, AND ESE'S OUT THEIR I WAS TALKIN TO SOME GUY FROM THE F13'S AND HE TOLD ME THAT MEXICANS AIN'T REALLY UNITED THEIR JUST LIKE BLACK PEOPLE, BUT THEY JUST PUT UP A FRONT BECAUSE HE SAID HE AND HIS HOMIE HATE THEIR ENEMIES ALL THE SAME NO MATTER WHAT RACE THEY ARE AND HE IS A "G" FROM THE HOOD.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » December 8th, 2003, 5:14 am

CS IN GARDENA STANDS FOR CATALINA STREET 13 A WELL KNOWN HOOD WHO ARE EAST OF GARDENA JUST WEST OF PAYBACCS ...AND SAMDOOBIE I SAW CYCOS 13 TAGS ALL OVER IMPERIAL AND WILLMINGTON I ALSO WONDER WERE ARE THEIR TURF I ALSO SAW THEIR TAGS CROSSING 5 HILLS TAGS JUST NEAR NICKERSON GARDEN ON IMPERIAL I WONDER IF SOMEBODY KNOW SOMETHING CAUSE THAT 5 HILL ST USE TO BE A DOWN TOWN VARRIO BUT WHY IN WATTS ???I GOT SOME PICS I CAN SEND THEM IF YOU INTERESTED .

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » December 8th, 2003, 6:18 am

catalina street? I know in t-flats hood in TORRANCE they got a catalina street click. I never heard of catalina st. in Gardena. Interesting..anyways peace

y.g- no, I wasn't talking about Hispanic gangs being united. I was talking about families. If you have cousins or uncles from a different varrio and your hood beefs with them, if you two see each other at a bbq or something, well until the liquor kicks in, it's all good. I haven't heard of any family members killing each other over a hood. At least not since the civil war days. And yea Hispanic varrios are just the same like Black hoods. They hate rivals and only time it seems when different hoods come together is in the pen to fight other races. But I know f13 is going at it with ecc89,Peace out..

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » December 8th, 2003, 7:57 am

NO I THINK IF ITS A CLICK OF SOMETHING ITS MORE A GARDENA CLICK , CATALINA STREET 13 LOKOTES CLICK I KNOW ANOTHER HOOD THAT SIGN CS CATSKILLS STREET 13 A VARRIO YOU KNOW 4 SHO I KNOW YOU HANGED AROUND THOSE AREA LOLOLOL I'M SURPRISED YOU DIDNT KNOW ABOUT CATALINA

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » December 8th, 2003, 8:10 am

samdoobie wrote:first off ban this young boy. Second Alonso, I think CS13 stand for Cycos Trece. When I was going to Peary Jr. High there was some youngsters from there. Damn I didn't think they were around. I never knew where there hood was and I never heard of them since. Anyways peace.

say sam, this could be way off and probably is but remember back in the day they had a varrio from los named diamond, they use to put CS but with a diamond in between the C and the S. maybe they were rollin thru there and hit up the wall. that hood alonzo mentioned crossed them out, its just a thought...peace.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » December 8th, 2003, 9:52 am

SR2000...C(Diamond)S is Diamond Street in Rampart Area. They do hit up either DST or C(diamondshape)S.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » December 8th, 2003, 10:50 am

bgCASPER wrote:NO I THINK IF ITS A CLICK OF SOMETHING ITS MORE A GARDENA CLICK , CATALINA STREET 13 LOKOTES CLICK I KNOW ANOTHER HOOD THAT SIGN CS CATSKILLS STREET 13 A VARRIO YOU KNOW 4 SHO I KNOW YOU HANGED AROUND THOSE AREA LOLOLOL I'M SURPRISED YOU DIDNT KNOW ABOUT CATALINA
yea I know them fools from Catskill Street. Alot of my homies share a weed spot right by the Skott Park Pool..lol..when I lived in Gardena(90'91'92) Gardena 13 had Baby Gangsters, Little Locos, Cyco Locos 144th St., and Blvd. Gangsters. Man I haven't been there in yrs and I seen hit up some new clicas. When did that Catalina St. start reppin?

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » December 8th, 2003, 2:52 pm

CS in Gardena is for Crazys and they dont get along with a black gang called Pay Back Crip.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » December 8th, 2003, 4:14 pm

keeping on the subject, does anyone know about the beef with WS Mexikan Klan and the 42gc's, 43gc's and the AGC's. I heard they were going at it hard for a minute and my carnals friend lives in MKN hood and they are always riding on Harpy's and the crips. Anyone familiar with this beef?