Have you risen above the stereotype that plagues your people

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Have you risen above the stereotype that plagues your people

Unread post by johnnnny » April 25th, 2007, 8:58 am

the devil stereotype that white people are hardwired to be evil?

yea

how about anyone else, has anyoe else made an attempt to meet a person different from yourself halfway and find things in common and destroy the stereotypes that plague us in the world?

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » April 25th, 2007, 9:39 am

dont be ashamed if you havent made an attempt to know the other "race", failed or not. If you failed to bridge the gap then it was the other person who was racist

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » April 25th, 2007, 9:46 am

johnnnny wrote:dont be ashamed if you havent made an attempt to know the other "race", failed or not. If you failed to bridge the gap then it was the other person who was racist
Make an attempt to know the other "race"? I didn't know this was a requirement to show I've gone beyond the stereotype of being me. Trying to go against a stereotype for the sheer purpose of going against a stereotype is just playing into the stereotype is it not? Me personally, I don't like acknowleding stereotypes because rarely are they positive and they only offer you a preconceived notion about someone before knowing them. Stereotypes are around because people took face value in what they saw of other people. Far too often have I been the subject of stereotypes because of it and in turn I've disliked those people for it. I decided early on I wouldn't do the same. I can't say I've been totally innocent but I do know that because I haven't played into it that I've met some great people. Except Sentenza, he's german and you just can't trust those guys, they're all nazis you know.

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » April 25th, 2007, 9:59 am

Trying to go against a stereotype for the sheer purpose of going against a stereotype is just playing into the stereotype is it not?
the way i see it is you gotta step up sooner or later

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » April 25th, 2007, 10:06 am

johnnnny wrote:
Trying to go against a stereotype for the sheer purpose of going against a stereotype is just playing into the stereotype is it not?
the way i see it is you gotta step up sooner or later
I think trying to excel over a stereotype because you think you have to is the wrong reasons for it. You're acknowledging that it exists and that it may hold some truth but trying to dispel it. I know not all white people are evil so I see no sense in trying to disprove it. It's like the old joke Chris Rock use to say about folks that would try to get praise for taking care of their kids. It's something you're just suppose to do, so why acknowledge it?

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » April 25th, 2007, 10:25 am

i dunno being caucasian or of that white race things are alot easier from a white view even in Canada.
Like asians and blacks, not so much natives look at me on the bus and i see there thoughts of the devil (navy blue eyed, brown/blonde hair, narrow nose etc) i know they think in there head

"Look at that fucker he must have all the money in the world"
"Look at that fucker, he just glanced at me does he have a staring problem?"
"Look at him he killed my ancestors, but i dont worry my day for revenge is near, 2050 baby"

this one time on the bus i was looking out the window and a asian fella just happened to be sitting there, i wasnt looking at him but out the window. I saw him getting all fidgity, id look at him and hed look away sharply then go back at staring at me, then i kinda smiled and he honestly went red in the face.

When it was my stop i got up and went over to him, and told him i wasnt staring at him and not to stress out. And i calmly walked away, i dont care what he thought after, but i know theres a possibility he went into a rage at home.

Im just saying that, other cultured people come to our lands and want to live good lives. And that those few whites who do fuck with them ruin it for all of us. So its our job to out do what the racists are doing. I went out of my way that one time way back like 6 years ago and id never imagine it would have payed off like it has now.

thats my opinion

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » April 25th, 2007, 10:39 am

johnnnny wrote:i dunno being caucasian or of that white race things are alot easier from a white view even in Canada.
Like asians and blacks, not so much natives look at me on the bus and i see there thoughts of the devil (navy blue eyed, brown/blonde hair, narrow nose etc) i know they think in there head

"Look at that fucker he must have all the money in the world"
"Look at that fucker, he just glanced at me does he have a staring problem?"
"Look at him he killed my ancestors, but i dont worry my day for revenge is near, 2050 baby"

this one time on the bus i was looking out the window and a asian fella just happened to be sitting there, i wasnt looking at him but out the window. I saw him getting all fidgity, id look at him and hed look away sharply then go back at staring at me, then i kinda smiled and he honestly went red in the face.

When it was my stop i got up and went over to him, and told him i wasnt staring at him and not to stress out. And i calmly walked away, i dont care what he thought after, but i know theres a possibility he went into a rage at home.

Im just saying that, other cultured people come to our lands and want to live good lives. And that those few whites who do fu-- with them ruin it for all of us. So its our job to out do what the racists are doing. I went out of my way that one time way back like 6 years ago and id never imagine it would have payed off like it has now.

thats my opinion
Thats the equivalent of a black person saying to a woman on the bus "its ok lady I won't steal your purse" or a native saying "its ok, I'm not drunk." Why play into it? If you feel the need to try to explain to someone you're not what THEY think you are, that's their ignorance not yours. If doing what you're doing makes you feel better and you feel you're a better person for it, more power to you. I peronally think it's sad if someone feels they have to justify who they are, and that they're not the stereotype that ignorant people may think they are.

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » April 26th, 2007, 7:56 am

i dunno emperorpenguin you have a good point, but the way i see it is i hear people say "White racism hurts the most" which isnt hard to understand . When they say white its just people meaning european racism. So what if some random white stranger proves to that non-white guy indirectly ex (by opening a door, not staring at them like a moron, giving him a nod etc) that not all european decent whites are such bad people after all. If the person isnt naturally ignorant, but just instead brainwashed he will give some serious thought into his belief of the white devil and hopefully will change his opinion or at least see his own ignorance.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » April 26th, 2007, 9:36 am

johnnnny wrote:i dunno emperorpenguin you have a good point, but the way i see it is i hear people say "White racism hurts the most" which isnt hard to understand . When they say white its just people meaning european racism. So what if some random white stranger proves to that non-white guy indirectly ex (by opening a door, not staring at them like a moron, giving him a nod etc) that not all european decent whites are such bad people after all. If the person isnt naturally ignorant, but just instead brainwashed he will give some serious thought into his belief of the white devil and hopefully will change his opinion or at least see his own ignorance.
That's just a person being nice though. I think people in general should do that but because they want to, not because they want to prove they don't fit into a stereotype. If I'm opening a door for someone, or saying Hello, or anything to that affect it's because I want to not because I want to prove to you that I'm not what you think I am. I see no problem in that, I see problems in people running around screaming "Hey guess what everyone, I'm NOT gay! Seriously! I wear a pink shirt because I like the colour and it brings out my eyes, but not because I'm gay because I'm not!!!" Who cares, don't try to prove who you are, or aren't because others think different of you. Just be you and if people don't accept that, that's their problem.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 26th, 2007, 3:31 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:
johnnnny wrote:dont be ashamed if you havent made an attempt to know the other "race", failed or not. If you failed to bridge the gap then it was the other person who was racist
Make an attempt to know the other "race"? I didn't know this was a requirement to show I've gone beyond the stereotype of being me. Trying to go against a stereotype for the sheer purpose of going against a stereotype is just playing into the stereotype is it not? Me personally, I don't like acknowleding stereotypes because rarely are they positive and they only offer you a preconceived notion about someone before knowing them. Stereotypes are around because people took face value in what they saw of other people. Far too often have I been the subject of stereotypes because of it and in turn I've disliked those people for it. I decided early on I wouldn't do the same. I can't say I've been totally innocent but I do know that because I haven't played into it that I've met some great people. Except Sentenza, he's german and you just can't trust those guys, they're all nazis you know.
LOL

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » April 26th, 2007, 4:04 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote: Except Sentenza, he's german and you just can't trust those guys, they're all nazis you know.
At least i didnt have to escape to Canada. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

king phoenix
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by king phoenix » April 26th, 2007, 4:47 pm

i have single handedly come up with the solution to racism! shag and seed other races!

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » April 26th, 2007, 7:30 pm

king phoenix wrote:i have single handedly come up with the solution to racism! shag and seed other races!
Done and done. And I mean done!

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 26th, 2007, 7:34 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote: Except Sentenza, he's german and you just can't trust those guys, they're all nazis you know.
LOL :lol:

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 26th, 2007, 8:28 pm

its whtie peoples fault there is racism today in the mordern world

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » April 26th, 2007, 9:49 pm

all the while people go on and live life regardless of race and end up getting fucked up by the conflicts of racism....

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » May 2nd, 2007, 12:56 pm

johnnnny wrote:all the while people go on and live life regardless of race and end up getting #%@& up by the conflicts of racism....
explain?

de_armada21

Unread post by de_armada21 » May 2nd, 2007, 5:07 pm

Man,ive heard so many stereotypes right in my face,when i was a kid(between 10 n 15) it really took me over.
Trying to fight those stereotypes you know,that we are fggts and weak,without culture.
Cant do this,cant do that.
The media tries to make everybody crazy
Everybody is still so torn up about racism and taboos that its a wonder racism isnt going all out

de_armada21

Unread post by de_armada21 » May 2nd, 2007, 5:17 pm

i forget,we dutch got personal stereotypes,like beeing cheap.
Though when i look at myself and all the dutch i know,i just know one cheapass family.
I know allot of people that when in hard times give you anything they have.
And with charity we give allot so i dont understand it.

Next to that there are the words Dutch courage,dutch widow and a lot more you can find in the english dictionary.
Envious words created created 100s of years ago by the british,which is ok but it still lives on today.

The Panch
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by The Panch » May 6th, 2007, 7:32 am

I never knew the kinda prejudice that plagued Mexicans til I hit the internet. I always knew prejudice was common, but I didnt seriously think fools would look at a Mexican wearing expensive clothes and speaking perfect english with no scent of a Mexican accent and think they were a wetback. I cant help but laugh at the things I hear on the net about my people. Especially from foos on the East coast who have no idea how hard we ride cause they only interact with Indians from the poor parts of Mexico who are just trying to take care of their family.

ukrainian
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Moscow

Re: Have you risen above the stereotype that plagues your people

Unread post by ukrainian » July 1st, 2010, 9:09 pm

no not at all i drink lots of vodka eat Borshch Holubtsi and act am extremely xenophobic even tho i live around nothing but mexicans

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Re: Have you risen above the stereotype that plagues your people

Unread post by punamusta » July 6th, 2010, 5:35 pm

ukrainian wrote:no not at all i drink lots of vodka eat Borshch Holubtsi and act am extremely xenophobic even tho i live around nothing but mexicans
My grandmother made the best borsch I've ever tasted. And always with smetana like it's supposed to. Damn, it was good....

PrinceTheReal
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Re: Have you risen above the stereotype that plagues your pe

Unread post by PrinceTheReal » August 30th, 2011, 10:08 am

somethin tells me this question should be more like

(are u a sell out uncle tom?)