Race War or Media Hype?

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
kushsmoke
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Race War or Media Hype?

Unread post by kushsmoke » March 14th, 2007, 6:42 pm

viewtopic.php?t=18373

But among detectives and police officers who deal daily with homicides, the prevailing view is that the race problem--for now, anyway--remains marginal. "I don't think it's there," says Watts homicide Det. Chris Barling

But out of a total of 236 homicides in these four divisions last year, just 22 involved Latinos killing blacks, or blacks killing Latinos.

In LAPD’s Southeast Division in Watts, for example, the population is at least 56% Latino and 40% black, according to U.S. Census numbers. But of 70 homicides reported there last year, only one was confirmed as black-on-Latino. No Latino-on-black killings occurred at all.

Of the 20 homicides in the Harbor City-area precinct last year, only one other is confirmed to have involved Latino suspects and a black victim

In areas patrolled by the L.A. County Sheriff's Department, too, the pattern of killings on the street is “almost the opposite” of the picture lately highlighted in the media, sheriff's Cmdr. Pete Amico says.

But other investigators are frustrated by what they call over-hyped stories of rising violence between races. “Crime here is race on race"

kushsmoke
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kushsmoke » March 14th, 2007, 7:23 pm

out of towners need to take a note. there is no extermination going on.HOWEVER, it doesnt take much for something to pop off cuz thats just LA for you,but when its black and brown its automatically labeled as "racially motivated"

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 14th, 2007, 7:56 pm

The media always makes something more than it is. Some areas its worse than others, and like kushsmoke said, shit can pop off anytime, but its still just a gang thing, if you gonna hate someone cuz they from a different set, it shouldnt come as a surprise you can have hate for someone from a different ract. its not like regular mexicans and blacks got hate for each other. And on the harbor city area statistics, there were quite a few blacks that got shot but werent killed.

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » March 16th, 2007, 7:13 am

thing is mexicans in watts are acutually really cool with the blacks. in other places its different, but i do agree the media DOES exaggerate everything.

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » March 17th, 2007, 7:22 am

The media always trying to make an story hype so they can get so much fame and money they need to stop with all that and sit their azz down somewhere.

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » March 17th, 2007, 7:34 am

thing is mexicans in watts are acutually really cool with the blacks. in other places its different, but i do agree the media DOES exaggerate everything.
most of what i see is from fox news, i wonder what there agenda is...

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » March 18th, 2007, 12:12 am

U RIGHT ABOUT that THERE's JUST ABOUT ONE RACIST GANG IN WATTS AND that WAS COLONIA WATTS...THEY GOT RAN OUT BUT OTHER THEN that AINT NO RACE WAR GONNA EVER CRACCC IN WATTS PERIOD...AS FAR AS US AND the REST OF the HOMIES IS CONCERNED WE THINK ITS JUST PROPAGANDA

vico-sal@hotmail.com
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by vico-sal@hotmail.com » March 18th, 2007, 3:16 am

Shox112 wrote:
U RIGHT ABOUT that THERE's JUST ABOUT ONE RACIST GANG IN WATTS AND that WAS COLONIA WATTS...THEY GOT RAN OUT BUT OTHER THEN that AINT NO RACE WAR GONNA EVER CRACCC IN WATTS PERIOD...AS FAR AS US AND the REST OF the HOMIES IS CONCERNED WE THINK ITS JUST PROPAGANDA
you guys have no idea how bad the race war is in some citys like LB which is the place I can speak on-tons of ools have died and tons have been shot -blck vs mexicans-during the late 90s the LONGOS were extermonting blacks in LB and were wiping the floor with ICG and R2os....but then the injunctions completely obliterated them,they arent around as much -I read in the paper that ESL are considered a hate gang and that of the 29 ESL gang members arrested fro murder and attempted murder only one was in their for shooting a hispanic.THe rest of their victims were asians and blacks-ESL gang members in prisons and jails claima brown supremacy-they deride other latino gangs for killing latinos-and take special pride in saying that they dont kill latinos anymore1

DK
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DK » March 24th, 2007, 7:04 pm

Bingo! LAPD finally got something right for a change.

Bushido.Style

Unread post by Bushido.Style » April 25th, 2007, 12:21 pm

i think shit goes up like 1992 and goes down then and up again and so on its a shit that police cant stop

Stone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Bernardino

The Real Deal

Unread post by Stone » April 26th, 2007, 6:32 pm

When it comes down to black vs mexican gang war. The black bangers are smoking sureno Gz in a major way and the mexicans are shooting any black outside. The mexicans have hit some black areas to often since the 90's murdering any blacks to the point where the blacks had to respond in the same fashion. Compton, Long Beach, Pomona, Riverside, Adams - Pico dist, Florence, and several other areas. I'm down with the black damu team and have no luv for surenoK.

Black_Kingz86
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Black_Kingz86 » April 30th, 2007, 12:54 pm

I Hope the Surenos get what coming to them , one day every asian and black gang in LB is eventually gonna snap and gang up on the surenos .

DEATH 2 the Surenos!!

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » April 30th, 2007, 11:56 pm

Black_Kingz86 wrote:I Hope the Surenos get what coming to them , one day every asian and black gang in LB is eventually gonna snap and gang up on the surenos .

DEATH 2 the Surenos!!
We dont need this mentality here