De La Hoya vs. Mayweather .

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » May 8th, 2007, 10:23 pm

TomTom wrote:On the real..me and my homeys watched the fight and we really werent all that convinced that mayweather won..I mean hell he took alot of punishment in early rounds..but i also noticed how oscar really couldnt hurt mayweather..I want a rematch..Mayweather didnt work him like i thought he would

WHAT PUNISHMENT??? THOSE LITTLE FLURRIES HE WAS DOING WASN'T DOING SHIT BUT I AT THE SAME TIME MAYWEATHER SHOULD HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIGHT MORE. YOU KNOW WHAT THEY PROBABLY DID THIS TO GET A PART TWO TO MAKE MORE MONEY.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 9th, 2007, 4:31 pm

alexalonso wrote:i had it 7 to 5 for Mayweather, but this fight was so anti-climatic. The hardest punches were by Oscar, but Floyd outscored Oscar. I gave round 12 to Oscar, and one judge actually gave it to Floyd. If that judge would have given round 12 to Oscar i believe it would have been a draw, but I would love to see a rematch.

Why did Oscar stop jabbing after round 8? He was never hurt and he was very effective with it. oh well, next time.
I agree with that ^^^^

That's how I had it 7-5 Mayweather....

My main question would be: WHERE THE FU-CK WAS OSCAR'S LEFT HOOK THE WHOLE NIGHT? :shock:

That was/is his KO Punch :x

Shit like that makes me lose faith in BOXING.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 9th, 2007, 4:43 pm

rocstar wrote:
WIP wrote:Yeah I took a loss on that fight. Oh well its only money. Ill make more tonight. As for the fight it was a great sparring session. Good thing Floyd retired as he say because he could hurt Oscar with nothin. Compubox is on crack. Judges were crooked. I should kick my own a$$ for watchin.
He wasnt suppossed to hurt Oscar, Oscar was suppossed to hurt him. Mayweather is really a 130 pound fighter you go up 20 pounds for a fight you not taking your power with you. And if you think Oscar outscored Mayweather you crazy, that wasnt even close only thing Oscar had was he was more aggresive and he didnt push that far enough. The vast majority of his punches were not scoring blows.
Rocstar,

keep in mind, the Oscar de la HOYA also started his pro career at 130 lbs

So both were bound to grow and get into the higher weight divisions,

Oscar started his pro career much ealier, so he moved up quicker.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 9th, 2007, 4:48 pm

bspg wrote:MAYWEATHER AND 50 CENT MADE A MOCKERY OF THE MEXICAN RACE LAST NITE

FULL SOMBREROS AND SHIT

WATA RACIST fu--
You wanna see a racist piece of shit :shock:

Look at that ugly muthafucka in the mirror :lol:

Your ass always got something to say about Mexicans.

WTF :!:

TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TomTom » May 9th, 2007, 5:57 pm

Y.G. wrote:
TomTom wrote:On the real..me and my homeys watched the fight and we really werent all that convinced that mayweather won..I mean hell he took alot of punishment in early rounds..but i also noticed how oscar really couldnt hurt mayweather..I want a rematch..Mayweather didnt work him like i thought he would

WHAT PUNISHMENT??? THOSE LITTLE FLURRIES HE WAS DOING WASN'T DOING SHIT BUT I AT THE SAME TIME MAYWEATHER SHOULD HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIGHT MORE. YOU KNOW WHAT THEY PROBABLY DID THIS TO GET A PART TWO TO MAKE MORE MONEY.
what's funny is i bet like 2 ese' that box over at this gym w/ my lil relative and both of them didnt wanna pay up at first for shit, but they did.

i'm not really sold that mayweather is pound for pund the best ever..not even in his weight class..Aint no way in hell dude woulda fucked w/ Sugar ray leonard, thomas Hitman hearns, or Marvelous Marvin Hagler..they fought a lil bigger than mayweather, but now a days fools step up in weight class all the time..Anyone of these cats woulda murdered mayweather..

i like how he tries to take that Muhammad Ali approach and downgrade his opponents to a point where they mentally lose there game plan..

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » May 9th, 2007, 9:42 pm

mayweather is a fast mothrefucker. but overall, i think he can be beat and will be beat for his belt. he beat oscar fair and square, but oscar practically quit after round 8, he landed like 20% of his punches, and didn't take advantage of several opprotunities he had to gain the upper hand. it was a decent fight, but i didn't look at mayweather and say "damn, this guy is the best!" hes fast, hes quick, hes accurate, and he gets in the head of his opponents, but i think he'll be beat in the near future.

BlueCadillaC167
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueCadillaC167 » May 10th, 2007, 9:31 am

Didn't he say he was gonna retire after that last fight?

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 13th, 2007, 9:48 pm

MAYWETHER

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » May 15th, 2007, 9:34 am

FULL SOMBREROS AND SHIT

DAM MAN I DUNNO HOW THAT JUDGE GAVE THE FIGHT TO DE LA HOYA LOL

WATA RACIST fu--
I THOUGHT DE LA HOYA WAS GONNA GET KNOCKED OUT MAN
HE WASN'T HITTIN SHIT with HIS SORRY ASS

GGGgggggGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgGGg its the unit
The sombrero thing and the Mexican colors on the trunks and shoes was disrespectful. It would've come
off "better" had Lil Floyd given Oscar a beatdown but he chose to fight ecomonically which is O.K. but not the stuff
of legend. Don't think the judge was on some racist shit either for scoring the fight for Oscar. That particular judge
always leans towards the more aggressive fighter(even it wasnt effective aggression).

Damn my dude, you stay cheerleading for G-Unit.

rustone
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by rustone » May 18th, 2007, 11:41 am

:arrow:

GHOST

de la hoya DIDNT DO SHIT
botom line

JelisLust
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by JelisLust » May 22nd, 2007, 7:25 am

bspg wrote::arrow:

GHOST

de la hoya DIDNT DO SHIT
botom line
Nobody did shit. That fight was whack! If Floyd was going to win, at least put a beating on Oscar. Some scrub fights were better than that one.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 22nd, 2007, 4:22 pm

ManifestTruth wrote:

FULL SOMBREROS AND SHIT

DAM MAN I DUNNO HOW THAT JUDGE GAVE THE FIGHT TO DE LA HOYA LOL

WATA RACIST fu--
I THOUGHT DE LA HOYA WAS GONNA GET KNOCKED OUT MAN
HE WASN'T HITTIN SHIT with HIS SORRY ASS

GGGgggggGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgGGg its the unit
The sombrero thing and the Mexican colors on the trunks and shoes was disrespectful. It would've come
off "better" had Lil Floyd given Oscar a beatdown but he chose to fight ecomonically which is O.K. but not the stuff
of legend. Don't think the judge was on some racist shit either for scoring the fight for Oscar. That particular judge
always leans towards the more aggressive fighter(even it wasnt effective aggression).

Damn my dude, you stay cheerleading for G-Unit.
Q-VO Manifest 8)

:shock: don't I know you under another placaso :lol:

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » May 29th, 2007, 8:35 am

Q-VO Manifest

don't I know you under another placaso
Entiendes Mendez.. :wink: