Dissing Asians

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
MiChuhSuh

Dissing Asians

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 27th, 2007, 9:05 pm

Seattle School Board Meeting in December 2006:
"Slanted eye f*ckers" and (with an imitation accent ramble) "Go back to India"

^ Are you serious? No one stepped up to him? No one brought him off the mic? Everyone is just gonna act like it didn't happen? No press coverage?

Kausion - Bounce, Rock, Skate:
"give a f*ck about a chink" "Bruce Lee" "chopsticks" "the real Menaces" (reference to Cane and O-Dog from Menace II Society)

The first time I heard this song, the beat, the production was right... then this bullsh*t

Do or Die, C-Note, Sin Locc, and Blue Rag - Steady Dippin' (Remix):
Blue Rag says "killing off them snoops like them Vietnam gooks" - should be offensive to both Blacks and Asians.

No one ever mentions this

Ice Cube - Black Korea:
Can't find the song online so
Everytime I wanna go get a fuckin brew
I gotta go down to the store with the two
oriental one-penny countin motherfuckers
that make a nigga made enough to cause a little ruckus
Thinkin every brother in the world's out to take
So they watch every damn move that I make
They hope I don't pull out a gat and try to rob
they funky little store, but bitch, I got a job
("Look you little Chinese motherfucker
I ain't tryin to steal none of yo' shit, leave me alone!"
"Mother-fuck you!")
Yo yo, check it out
So don't follow me, up and down your market
Or your little chop suey ass'll be a target
of the nationwide boycott
Juice with the people, that's what the boy got
So pay respect to the black fist
or we'll burn your store, right down to a crisp
And then we'll see ya!
Cause you can't turn the ghetto - into Black Korea

carltouss619
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by carltouss619 » June 27th, 2007, 9:21 pm

yeah i guess u can say its fucked up but that Ice Cube song man I feel like that all the time whenever I go into a store. Looking at me like im going to steal or some shyt. Man that pisses me off.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 27th, 2007, 11:10 pm

I agree with what you say. It's fucked up it's like everybody in America becomes racist even if they are being discriminated against and facing racism themselves. I'm proud to say I never took part in that ignorance, talking bad on another group just because it's not mine. But with the Ice Cube thing, if you were black and dealing with the many Korean store owners in SC at that time, you probably felt like he did when he wrote that song. I know you're Korean so you take it diff., but it's not like Asians don't have their beliefs and say shit, make shit, etc. about blacks. The diff. between most other races and a good portion of American blacks is that we don't give a fuck and say that shit out loud. Others wait for numbers, say shit in private, or explode and let their feelings slip.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » June 27th, 2007, 11:39 pm

The steady dippin one aint that bad, its not like its offensive when snoop will say crackers in his song, hes jus rhyming

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » June 28th, 2007, 6:27 am

Even before the problems in LA and the riots, there was a known incident in Flatbush, Brooklyn, way back in the day (what I heard second hand). Black activists and protestors boycotted and surrounded a Korean store until it had to shut down. Al Sharpton was there. They talked about the same things that Cube and all them talk about, being treated like criminals, not treated fairly, Koreans coming to America being racist, 'helping' white supremacy or oppression by buying into the system. These days I feel like the Chinese food spots that don't use bulletproof glass deal with the community more directly, like you have incidents where the Chinese cook for real threw a meat cleaver at this black dude who wouldn't leave or respect the establishment, squad cars came and everything, but at the same time because they don't use the bulletproof glass they got better relations with people all in all. Another Korean laundry operates with Koreans running it in the daytime and blacks running it at night, locking it up.

mjokc
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by mjokc » June 29th, 2007, 2:31 am

Man just the other day me and my girl went to cici's pizza, I stayed up in the car while she ate inside. There was a nail shop right next door with a korean woman inside about to close her store. I was in the car minding my own business talking on the phone. I noticed she kept on lookin at me. I tried not to make direct eye contact with her because I didn't want to scare her or anything. She called the manager of the CiCIs to come stand by her door while she closed and look at me. Who the hell is gonna rob a korean nail shop sittin in a damn car in front of Ci Ci's pizza under a direct light while talking on the phone? That's why I don't like some asians.

looneytunes1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looneytunes1 » June 29th, 2007, 6:14 am

I notice that asian people for the most part are not very friendly.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 29th, 2007, 7:02 am

if anything Asians hate other Asians more then black/white/latinos hate on Asians imho.

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » June 29th, 2007, 9:07 am

Alot of asians especially Koreans dont liek hispanic and black people. They always look down on them and shit.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » June 29th, 2007, 10:24 am

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:if anything Asians hate other Asians more then black/white/latinos hate on Asians imho.
Thats my impression too.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » June 29th, 2007, 11:19 am

I dont know about Asians on asians more than anything else, but the problem comes in when people blame an entire race for one individuals beliefs, outlooks, mistreatment. Ive had issues with asians, but I try not to look at all asians sideways.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Dissing Asians

Unread post by LcBwC » June 29th, 2007, 11:22 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:
Ice Cube - Black Korea:
Can't find the song online so
Everytime I wanna go get a fuckin brew
I gotta go down to the store with the two
oriental one-penny countin motherfuckers
that make a nigga made enough to cause a little ruckus
Thinkin every brother in the world's out to take
So they watch every damn move that I make
They hope I don't pull out a gat and try to rob
they funky little store, but bitch, I got a job
("Look you little Chinese motherfucker
I ain't tryin to steal none of yo' shit, leave me alone!"
"Mother-fu-- you!")
Yo yo, check it out
So don't follow me, up and down your market
Or your little chop suey ass'll be a target
of the nationwide boycott
Juice with the people, that's what the boy got
So pay respect to the black fist
or we'll burn your store, right down to a crisp
And then we'll see ya!
Cause you can't turn the ghetto - into Black Korea
Thats his perception of a situation that he has been involved with. I really dont c a problem with it, its not like hes saying fucc all asians and kill them all etc. Maybe not in a politically correct way, but it is what it is.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 29th, 2007, 11:59 am

LcBwC wrote:I dont know about Asians on asians more than anything else, but the problem comes in when people blame an entire race for one individuals beliefs, outlooks, mistreatment. Ive had issues with asians, but I try not to look at all asians sideways.
nah trust me that Asian vs Asian ish is there.
asian people dont really talk bout that shit outside of there race but its there in alot of us for real.
it may not be like a pure hatred type thing but asians do look down on other asian races.

sidenote
my dad came back from Cambodia and said Cambodia/Thailand can easily turn into the next Israel/Palestine

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » June 29th, 2007, 12:11 pm

^^They have been going at it since a long time right? And Vietnam is in that beef involved too from what i know...

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 29th, 2007, 1:27 pm

Sentenza wrote:^^They have been going at it since a long time right? And Vietnam is in that beef involved too from what i know...
yeah most of southeast Asia was once ruled by the Khmer empire but thai people say we stole the Angkor Wat from them.
in response to that we say "bitch please"
that viet/khmai thing is pretty obvious so theres no need for me to explain.

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » June 29th, 2007, 4:42 pm

to me alot of asian people look down on asian thugs, criminals, and gangsters but they fear em. Like those asian medical doctors and all those smart nerdy asians that go to hardvard or been there. They look down on actually all thugs and gangsters and talk alot of shit behind there back but cant say it to there face.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » June 29th, 2007, 4:51 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
LcBwC wrote:I dont know about Asians on asians more than anything else, but the problem comes in when people blame an entire race for one individuals beliefs, outlooks, mistreatment. Ive had issues with asians, but I try not to look at all asians sideways.
asian people dont really talk bout that shit outside of there race but its there in alot of us for real.
it may not be like a pure hatred type thing but asians do look down on other asian races.

sidenote
my dad came back from Cambodia and said Cambodia/Thailand can easily turn into the next Israel/Palestine
Im sure there is asian vs asian...thats in any race...i was just saying i didnt know too much about it.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 30th, 2007, 9:39 am

TeeKay wrote:The steady dippin one aint that bad, its not like its offensive when snoop will say crackers in his song, hes jus rhyming
So what if a rapper said "I'm pulling up figures like I'm lynching some niggers"? There would be riots everywhere. That sh*t is NOT cool.
LcBwC wrote:Thats his perception of a situation that he has been involved with. I really dont c a problem with it, its not like hes saying mess all asians and kill them all etc. Maybe not in a politically correct way, but it is what it is.
And there's the double standard again. What about the Asians perception of the situation? Some of them moved out from places where store owners would get harassed by gangs for "taxes" to keep their store from getting f*cked up, then they move here and now everyone, even kids, are racially harassing them, even as they buy stuff they are going "ching chong wong" and "chink" in their face, yet still expect customer service. Keep in mind that back when Koreans started moving to America this is the first time many of them even saw black people (even considering the Korean war since many were born or very young at the time), so don't say that they're using preconceived notions - they had none.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » June 30th, 2007, 12:01 pm

And there's the double standard again.

the whole country lives on a double standard. when it comes to certain issues dealing with african americans shwoing some form of racism and hate, other people seem to be afraid of getting involved for some reason. yet if anyone else makes a negitave statement about african americans they become a racist.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » June 30th, 2007, 1:40 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
So what if a rapper said "I'm pulling up figures like I'm lynching some niggers"? There would be riots everywhere. That sh*t is NOT cool.

Neither one is right. Using any type of racial epithet is wrong no matter who is using it. However it is been the history of the society to sympathize and allow certain things. And using epithets against african americans is one. So a black person saying cracker isnt as bad as a white person saying nigger. This is what society developed. Not sayin its right, but it is what it is.

And there's the double standard again. What about the Asians perception of the situation? Some of them moved out from places where store owners would get harassed by gangs for "taxes" to keep their store from getting f*cked up, then they move here and now everyone, even kids, are racially harassing them, even as they buy stuff they are going "ching chong wong" and "chink" in their face, yet still expect customer service. Keep in mind that back when Koreans started moving to America this is the first time many of them even saw black people (even considering the Korean war since many were born or very young at the time), so don't say that they're using preconceived notions - they had none.
Im saying it like this....this is the country you live in and what it has built up. With all of the cultures and different races in the United States, theres going to be a point and time that someone is offended. As for your example, the point of moving was to get away from it, so why bring the hostility along to be right back in the same situation?

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » June 30th, 2007, 1:42 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
Neither one is right. Using any type of racial epithet is wrong no matter who is using it. However it is been the history of the society to sympathize and allow certain things. And using epithets against african americans is one. So a black person saying cracker isnt as bad as a white person saying nigger. This is what society developed. Not sayin its right, but it is what it is.
MiChuhSuh wrote: And there's the double standard again. What about the Asians perception of the situation? Some of them moved out from places where store owners would get harassed by gangs for "taxes" to keep their store from getting f*cked up, then they move here and now everyone, even kids, are racially harassing them, even as they buy stuff they are going "ching chong wong" and "chink" in their face, yet still expect customer service. Keep in mind that back when Koreans started moving to America this is the first time many of them even saw black people (even considering the Korean war since many were born or very young at the time), so don't say that they're using preconceived notions - they had none
Im saying it like this....this is the country you live in and what it has built up. With all of the cultures and different races in the United States, theres going to be a point and time that someone is offended. As for your example, the point of moving was to get away from it, so why bring the hostility along to be right back in the same situation?

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » June 30th, 2007, 2:00 pm

So a black person saying cracker isnt as bad as a white person saying nigger. This is what society developed. Not sayin its right, but it is what it is.
agreed, but if "nigger" or any other derrogatory name is used, do you think we should we blow it up as big as we do? someone says it and society labels them as a racist, horrible person, and they need to go for therapy. black person says cracker, beaner, gook, ect., nobody thinks anything of it. thats also the way it is.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » June 30th, 2007, 2:12 pm

se11 wrote:
So a black person saying cracker isnt as bad as a white person saying nigger. This is what society developed. Not sayin its right, but it is what it is.
agreed, but if "nigger" or any other derrogatory name is used, do you think we should we blow it up as big as we do? someone says it and society labels them as a racist, horrible person, and they need to go for therapy. black person says cracker, beaner, gook, ect., nobody thinks anything of it. thats also the way it is.
My thing is racism goes all ways. Society has just made it, alot probably thru guilt with how africans and then african americans were and are treated, where one is worse than the other. Its really no blowing it up...its a unacceptable word to use and some are more offended than others. Its depends on the individual as to how its taken, someone says cracker and I think something of it, just as if someone says nigger, spic, chink...etc.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » June 30th, 2007, 3:15 pm

LcBwC wrote:
$outhPhillypuppet wrote:

sidenote
Im sure there is asian vs asian...thats in any race...i was just saying i didnt know too much about it.
I think with Thailand, its the angry Muslim insurgents in the South that want an independent state that might contribute to starting up a civil war with the Thai monarchy and military.

mess is heating up over there man. Kidnappings, bombings, drive by shootings, robberies, etc.

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by niro » June 30th, 2007, 3:36 pm

damn man wat the azns in that seattle skool do? he should hav got taken down or sumthin...go back to india...would hav loved for him to say that stuff over here

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » June 30th, 2007, 5:26 pm

LcBwC wrote:
se11 wrote:
My thing is racism goes all ways. Society has just made it, alot probably thru guilt with how africans and then african americans were and are treated, where one is worse than the other. Its really no blowing it up...its a unacceptable word to use and some are more offended than others. Its depends on the individual as to how its taken, someone says cracker and I think something of it, just as if someone says nigger, spic, chink...etc.
but how come when somebody says "nigger" they're a racist and need to go to therapy. but if an african american uses cracker, beaner, gook, or ect. they are not racist and everybody turns the other way?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 30th, 2007, 6:35 pm

LcBwC wrote:why bring the hostility along to be right back in the same situation?
:?

Selling clothes is bringing hostility? Ya okay.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » June 30th, 2007, 7:16 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
LcBwC wrote:why bring the hostility along to be right back in the same situation?
:?

Selling clothes is bringing hostility? Ya okay.
Obviously selling clothes isnt bringing hostility. That was ignorant. However when your in the business of providing a service or selling goods where you have to deal with all types of people there is a way to do it. Breathing down a persons back, assuming they are thieves, talking sideways to them etc isnt the way to do it and thats the hostility I speak of.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » June 30th, 2007, 7:20 pm

se11 wrote:
LcBwC wrote:
se11 wrote:
but how come when somebody says "nigger" they're a racist and need to go to therapy. but if an african american uses cracker, beaner, gook, or ect. they are not racist and everybody turns the other way?
Using any racial epithet is racist....thats been and is my stance. Ive explained to you why I feel more tolerance is given to using cracker etc than opposed to nigger. Its like cracker and these other names you speak of came about as a defense to people calling african americans niggers, coons, etc. In our society those words have more tolerance.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » June 30th, 2007, 7:44 pm

^^ but is that right? like you said its still racist and in all fairness it is the 21st century, nobody needs to call anyone anything to "defend" themselvs anymore.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 30th, 2007, 8:24 pm

No one says anything about jews who get on your ass right away if you say something that can be perceived as anti-semitic, or how they fuck up Arabs all day in Israel, why? Because of how they have been treated throughout history and the defenses and attitudes they have built up becuase of it. That's what kinda happens with blacks and whites in regards to racial epithets. The truth is blacks don't carry much weight in the infrastructure to really cause damage to another group of people, so I can call a Korean something racist, but he doesn't have to say shit he can just not serve me, or drive me to not buy from him and I'm at a major disservice in that him and his kind provide all the services I need, ya dig?

And rappers have said things similar to that lyric you posted Michuhsuh... A line I've heard from a few rappers: "I'm killin more niggas than the klan."

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » June 30th, 2007, 9:12 pm

The truth is blacks don't carry much weight in the infrastructure to really cause damage to another group of people
so it's okay for blacks to go around saying whatever they want even if it is offensive and racist because of the "infrastructure" of society and nobody can say anything about them? that's like some little kid shit.
so I can call a Korean something racist, but he doesn't have to say shit he can just not serve me, or drive me to not buy from him and I'm at a major disservice in that him and his kind provide all the services I need, ya dig?
give me a fucking break man, me calling a black person the n-word is the same as a black person calling an asian a gook or a chink man, there is no difference. regardless of the "infrastructure" of society, the words are still coming from hate. stop beating around the bush and trying to not make it seem like a double standard.