Fight Club

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Fight Club

Unread post by TeeKay » June 27th, 2007, 11:59 pm

Does anyone here like that movie? i thought it was alright but kinda gets overplayed when i hear people yap on about it for ages.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 28th, 2007, 4:00 am

watch it high with some creatine and Its the most motivating movie ever.

BlueCadillaC167
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueCadillaC167 » June 29th, 2007, 12:15 am

^LOL

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » July 3rd, 2007, 9:16 am

Fun movie - I new some crazy youts back when that film came out - get this - they took e's (XTC) and had 'fight club' fights to loud rave music (whats called hardcore here) - I saw this yout I knew and he was all mashed up - I saked whats up and he told me and I laughed - a lot, the idiot couldn't even see, his eyes were so mashed! Apparently, taking a good dose of E helps you enjoy the fight more, win or loose he he.

SEKRET
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SEKRET » July 4th, 2007, 10:28 pm

a gang called fight club formed after that movie, i think in orange county i remember seeing the shit on the news they got crazy for a minute

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 4th, 2007, 11:07 pm

SEKRET wrote:a gang called fight club formed after that movie, i think in orange county i remember seeing the shit on the news they got crazy for a minute
There was a fight club in Lynwood a little after the movie

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Re: Fight Club

Unread post by Sentenza » July 5th, 2007, 2:36 am

TeeKay wrote:Does anyone here like that movie? i thought it was alright but kinda gets overplayed when i hear people yap on about it for ages.
I think it was good entertainment, not more not less.

SEKRET
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SEKRET » July 10th, 2007, 11:19 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:
SEKRET wrote:a gang called fight club formed after that movie, i think in orange county i remember seeing the shit on the news they got crazy for a minute
There was a fight club in Lynwood a little after the movie
shit dont make no sense so a couple fight clubs probaly started then lol

Anesis
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Anesis » July 11th, 2007, 12:15 am

The author who write that book is seriously weird. Fight Club is pretty damn normal compared to the other books he's written. It's almost like he's going for shock value. I liked the book. I liked the movie. I can't see anything else he's written ever getting made into a movie.

Just to give you an example of what this guy is like read this. But don't say I didn't warn you. You won't like it.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 11th, 2007, 1:01 am

chuck palahunak or however you spell his last name shit is tight, what you talkin bout Anesis?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 11th, 2007, 1:09 am

that story you posted was crazy

but I think he has more than just pure shock value in mind, even if shock is his medium

Anesis
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Anesis » July 11th, 2007, 1:37 am

I like his stuff. He's just weird. I just assumed that majority of the people here wouldn't like reading Guts.

One of my friends went to a lecture/book signing that he gave, and when bent over to zip up his book bag during the Q and A, he gave Dave a really weird stare. He said "Oh, I thought you farted."

And I still don't think anything else he's written can be made into a movie for the mainstream media. Well, maybe Diary, but I don't think that's one of his better books.

He just came out with a new book I thought. I suppose I need to get around to doing that while I have time in the summer instead of trolling on the internet drinking Jameson's all night.

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » October 9th, 2007, 11:51 pm

Chuck Palahniuk is the SHE-IT!
I have read everything he has ever had published.... his fiction is truly over the top and seriously demented and entertaining. he keeps me captivated.

the Book FightClub far outweighs the movie in that it gets to the source of its intent. The story started out as a one chapter shortstory that was redeveloped after it was published in a rag, Playboy, I think. It really isnt about the fightclub, but about the gullability and neediness of human nature.

His new book Rant is the antithesis of Haunted, which is probably the single most clever formula of writing i have read. it starts out as short stories intertwined and sort of loses the lines as the story loses sanity... genius!!
Rant is a great story to listen to on tape, because there are so many different characters and the whole book is others being interviewed and portraying the main character.

Choke IS being made into a movie,,,, I can hardly wait. Choke is such a great story, in true Chuck fashion. I thin kLullaby would make a screaming great movie.. so would Invisible Monsters, but most people would find that one too twisted.... which is jsut the way I like it!