Houston, TX - 2 year old rolling on X?

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
Anesis
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Houston, TX - 2 year old rolling on X?

Unread post by Anesis » July 11th, 2007, 12:20 am

Harris County authorities have located the 2-year-old child who was videotaped on the back-seat floorboard of a moving van while teens joked that she had taken the drug Ecstasy.

Lt. John Martin, a spokesman for the Harris County Sheriff's Office, said Tuesday that all nine people in the van — the toddler, an infant, four teens and three adults — are from Houston and were returning from Padre Island when the video was taken.

Everyone interviewed said the girl was not on Ecstasy, despite contrary claims on the video. Martin said that authorities have yet to determine whether she, indeed, was given the dangerous stimulant and hallucinogenic. No charges have been filed.

"There is not enough information to say with any degree of certainty whether or not (the toddler) was exposed to any illegal drugs," Martin said.

In the video, which originally appeared on YouTube, the 2-year-old child is seen crouching on the back-seat floorboard of the car and rolling her eyes back until only the whites are showing. A young woman in the car laughingly taps and squeezes the little girl's cheeks, telling her to stop rolling her eyes.

"Cookie, stop rolling, girl," she said. "You shouldn't have popped no x."

Investigators were told in interviews that the toddler had merely been asked to roll her eyes back into her head while they videotaped her, Martin said.

He said the little girl's mother, who is 21, was in the van when the video was taken. The video later was posted on YouTube with a link to a MySpace account maintained by one of the teens.

Martin could not say how investigators located the people in the van, but a spokeswoman for MySpace said the social networking site had cooperated with authorities in their investigation.

Harris County Child Protective Services spokeswoman Estella Olguin said the agency is eager to conduct its own investigation now that the children have been located. Aside from the toddler, an infant is seen being passed from person to person in the back seat.

The people who were in the van told authorities the video was shot on June 22, Olguin said. The two small children have been placed in the custody of relatives while the investigation is conducted, she said.

"We are looking at more than just whether a crime was committed," she said. "We also are looking at the welfare of these children, if they are in a safe environment, if there is cause for concern."

The video, which appeared on other Web sites after it was removed from YouTube, revealed ties to both Harris County and Jackson County. An announcer on the car radio is heard giving the call letters KHCB FM, which is a Christian station in Houston. An instrumental version of Jesus Loves Me is playing in the background.

The Jackson County Sheriff's Department and the FBI took part in the investigation.

mission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Houston, TX - 2 year old rolling on X?

Unread post by mission » July 11th, 2007, 10:17 am

Anesis wrote:Harris County authorities have located the 2-year-old child who was videotaped on the back-seat floorboard of a moving van while teens joked that she had taken the drug Ecstasy.

Lt. John Martin, a spokesman for the Harris County Sheriff's Office, said Tuesday that all nine people in the van — the toddler, an infant, four teens and three adults — are from Houston and were returning from Padre Island when the video was taken.

Everyone interviewed said the girl was not on Ecstasy, despite contrary claims on the video. Martin said that authorities have yet to determine whether she, indeed, was given the dangerous stimulant and hallucinogenic. No charges have been filed.

"There is not enough information to say with any degree of certainty whether or not (the toddler) was exposed to any illegal drugs," Martin said.

In the video, which originally appeared on YouTube, the 2-year-old child is seen crouching on the back-seat floorboard of the car and rolling her eyes back until only the whites are showing. A young woman in the car laughingly taps and squeezes the little girl's cheeks, telling her to stop rolling her eyes.

"Cookie, stop rolling, girl," she said. "You shouldn't have popped no x."

Investigators were told in interviews that the toddler had merely been asked to roll her eyes back into her head while they videotaped her, Martin said.

He said the little girl's mother, who is 21, was in the van when the video was taken. The video later was posted on YouTube with a link to a MySpace account maintained by one of the teens.

Martin could not say how investigators located the people in the van, but a spokeswoman for MySpace said the social networking site had cooperated with authorities in their investigation.

Harris County Child Protective Services spokeswoman Estella Olguin said the agency is eager to conduct its own investigation now that the children have been located. Aside from the toddler, an infant is seen being passed from person to person in the back seat.

The people who were in the van told authorities the video was shot on June 22, Olguin said. The two small children have been placed in the custody of relatives while the investigation is conducted, she said.

"We are looking at more than just whether a crime was committed," she said. "We also are looking at the welfare of these children, if they are in a safe environment, if there is cause for concern."

The video, which appeared on other Web sites after it was removed from YouTube, revealed ties to both Harris County and Jackson County. An announcer on the car radio is heard giving the call letters KHCB FM, which is a Christian station in Houston. An instrumental version of Jesus Loves Me is playing in the background.

The Jackson County Sheriff's Department and the FBI took part in the investigation.

I saw the video last night, man it's hard to tell if she is just playin or if she really is rollin'.

Anesis
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Anesis » July 11th, 2007, 11:44 am

I saw the video, too and it sure looks likes she's rolling to me.

I mean, I can see making a stupid little joke about how it looks likes rolling if she was sick or something, but it seemed like the entire point of that video was to document that she was on something. Either that, or she has a medical disorder. If she really were doing it because she was told to, then I would think she'd be laughing when everyone else laughed. Anytime I have seen a two year old do something that made adults laugh (even when they have no idea why it's funny), they laugh too.

Sadly, there are parents out there who give their children drugs. A few months ago, there were those boys from Dallas who got caught with a video of them giving a toddler pot. I think after the investigation was over, they found the toddler has trace of cocaine in his system.

I'm not even going to go into the issue of the car seat (or lack thereof) and the Jesus Loves Me song playing on the radio.

Gross.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » July 11th, 2007, 11:53 pm

i sow this in the news too ...that grl looked high ..they was slappin her face n evrything..she didnt look 2 years old tho....maybe 4...but it disgusted me to even see that grl on the floor of that vehicle w.e it was ..these people are the ones who deserve to get sentenced for 5 - 10 years